Computershare

Computershare Pay & benefits reviews

Nice place to work but the wage you get doesn't match the effort you put on your work some companies paid more for the same amount of work, and that doesn't match the cost of living in Bristol.
Pros
Bus
Cons
Low wage
Really good work/life balance. Bonus structure lucrative. Share plan excellent. Employee benefits package as a whole is fantastic. Overall really well looked after within Computershare, Management approachable and always took ideas into consideration.
Hard work ,no progression and low pay , good as a starting role but move on when you have done your time - and look for a better paying company . It is a relaxed company so use it like
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Pay
Computershare is a nice place to work, recommend it, friendly people, stable job and good pay. Solid benefits, cafe on site, gym etc. Work environment can be a bit dull.
The company has been going down hill at doxford. Extra work has been given to staff for no extra pay.when previously a pay rise would have been given. It's really hard to get holidays. They promise you bonuses but these are few and far between. You would be servicing more then 1 client at a time. A lot of work for the pay. You only get your shifts 4 weeks ahead so it's hard to plan ahead. The staff have a grievance in and are taking the employer to court. The only good thing about this place is the staff.
A bit out of the way if you rely on public transport. Good job security in a stable sector. Computershare is a solid place to work with good benefits albeit paying slightly below average.
Always busy, a lot of collaboration and training. Management is easy to approach. Accept new ideas. Believe in work life balance. Offers good employee benefits
Official response from Computershare
6 January 2020
Thanks so much for the positive feedback! We love our teams across the globe, and are proud of our growth in Edinburgh and the very talented team there!
Company promises the world however in reality you are just one of many who will spend the entire day each day answering phones and be expected to know it all with next to no training and awful documentation.
Pros
Loads of days off if you can handle the shift pattern which includes night shifts every week.
Cons
No progression, no training, salary is not competitive, stressful.
Pros: -Good training, this lasted 4 weeks and was intensive, including a fantastic teacher and a thick workbook to get through -Plenty of support during training if you were struggling learning anything -Structured feedback was given for a set time after starting live work (2 weeks) to ensure you could learn from mistakes -Facilities available on site such as a cafe, gym, prayer room etc (Gym is not however free) Cons: -Repetitive work, selecting templates and repeating the same tasks daily -High level of office politics, cliques and favouritism is rife -Employees are monitored at all times, resulting in meetings if not enough work is being done, or too many toilet breaks are being taken (10 minutes allowance each day of personal time, which includes making drinks) -1 hour daily break must be split into 3, 15 minutes in the morning, 30 minutes at lunch and 15 minutes in the afternoon. This is to ensure you use these times to use the restroom. No flexibility on this -High tension & difficulty to ask for help due to the heavy work load and monitoring of productivity -Very poor support for disabled employees -Very poor support / flexibility for personal issues such as doctor's appointments or picking kids up etc. -Salary is fair for a general administration role, but due to the amount of knowledge and skills you must pick up in the training period to successfully function in the role, the pay is not reflective The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the training period, which was interesting and executed very well. Overall, a good place to pick up a - more...
An arrange working day will always see a challenge present itself, it's never a dull day. The work culture tends to be relaxed, but during certain months it can get quite stressful due to the nature of the business, It can be frustrating at times the lack of opportunities to make use of new technologies meaning you'll have to develop in your own time. Generally it's a great place to work, but it's the people that make it, you're welcomed and treated like family and won't find it difficult to fit in.
Pros
Good Benefits, Great People
Cons
Lacks Innovation, Slow to Change
Rather not say. Enjoyed working with the company and people but would prefer to keep that private. Training not very focused. Most of what I used in my position was learnt in previous companies.
Pros
Gym, coffee bar, canteen, free bus and many salary related perks.
Cons
Limited parking, training not very organised or focused.
a place to love your job and collegues but barely get by on ends meat. Computershare all take and no give back. I do about 10 peoples jobs for half a persons wage. A terrible shame as they are losing a good employee here.
Wouldn't recommend working here at all. Management had no clue on how to manage people, double standards and you only got opportunities if you were 'best friends' with the managers. Salary is minimum wage if hired by agency (mainly the case), normally 6 months contracts constantly renewed so you don't get the benefits of security or bonus/reviews. Management don't do anything to help you, made to feel uncomfortable at work yet nothing done about and management hope you forget.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Favouritism
I worked at the Computershare office in Crossflatts for 3 months on a temporary contract. Great place to work !! My first day was a welcome day and we had an overview of the company, the culture, staff benefits etc. It was very professional and a good introduction to the company - we even got a free goodie bag I worked with a great team where I was made to feel very welcome and had a lot of support. The job was very busy and varied and I was given on going training. There seems to be plenty of scope for internal promotion and development and the staff benefits are excellent - free onsite parking and a staff canteen and shop .The offices are modern and open plan with lots of natural light. Computershare is one of the nicest companies that I have worked in and I would recommend them.
Pros
free carpark, onsite canteen, light airy offices, free tea and coffee machines
I have really enjoyed working for Computershare. The culture is really diverse, inclusive and friendly - one of the main things that attracted me to the business in the first place. In the time that I've been here I've progressed within different roles and have had exposure to different business areas and worked on some really interesting projects. As a continually growing company there is a real change culture so you need to be resilient and open to change, but you learn a lot. My work life balance is great, I have the option to log on at home but this is certainly not expected, and I'm able to work from home if required. The facilities at each site are fantastic and the salary and benefits are also really good. You even get the opportunity to volunteer in the local community and partake in lots of fundraising both locally, nationally and internationally! I'd recommend the business to anyone who enjoys working hard, adapting to new challenges and a fast paced environment. The best part of the business? It has to be the people!
Pros
Culture, Colleagues, Progression, Vast exposure
great team to work with, lovely building, great food options, hours long ad unsociable hours , sometimes managerial support wasn't available.depending on working hours. Friendly approach
Pros
nice building/enviroment
Cons
Always something to do and busy place to work- given a variety of different roles to do and tasks that have specific deadlines to be met, good staff to work with and met lovely people.
Pros
Good Breaks
Cons
Long Hours
At first when I was interviewed it was a really positive experience. I felt coming out of the interview I felt that I would be valued and would be a really creative role. My first day was really dis-organised, my computer wasn't set up, no software and sat there for most of the day looking through my induction booklet and poor introductions to other teams and account managers. I did however have a whole building tour which was good. It took them 4 whole days to sort out the software on my computer and get an additional monitor. I felt that I was on my own most of the time with little or no guidance on projects. My induction was 4 weeks later which I found in the end little or no value as I was already with the company for a month. Just another task to say we do x y z. Overtime I felt that the role they gave me wasn't what they advertised. I felt used and was given different information about the role than what was actually advertised. The team I worked with I found really easy to get on with. However the dynamics of the team were really dis-jointed. A lot of back-stabbing and clashing of personalities. Which management knew all about and did nothing. I found management very poor. I felt no value in what I was doing, there was "meeting for a meeting". Communication was superficial and hollow. The benefits you do get with the company are good, and the pension is reasonable. There is a gym and a good canteen with Starbucks and a cash point on site. I did learn a couple of things, one was working well under pressure/new tips on how to use certain pieces - more...
Pros
Good facilities, good pay
Cons
bad management
It's a nice place to work at, with friendly co-workers. Benefits include a free bus to and form the centre, pleasant working surroundings and an onsite gym. The company is typically corporate and bureaucratic and there is not much focus on providing good customer service. Some people will find this suits them.
Pros
Nice working hours
Cons
The job itself can be quite tedious
Computershare acquired HML in Derry in 2014 and has closed the Glasgow office and Dublin branch as well as making scores of redundancys in Derry and Skipton. The staff that remain are long term, hanging on for a redundancy package. You will be taught various different tasks in a short space of time and given a short term contract with no future prospects. This is to fill a gap while they plan the closure of the Derry branch. stay clear.
Pros
8- 8 monday - friday, nice pepole, canteen
Cons
No long term commitment, low pay, poor pension, no perks, only pay 8 sick days per anum
Professional and secure jobs but lower than average pay. Lovely people with great work ethics. Variety of jobs available with progression if you try hard.
Pros
On site canteen, Starbucks and shop
Cons
Low pay