Computershare Employee Reviews

Admin
Customer relation Admin (Former Employee) –  Sunderland3 February 2019
Wouldn't recommend working here at all. Management had no clue on how to manage people, double standards and you only got opportunities if you were 'best friends' with the managers. Salary is minimum wage if hired by agency (mainly the case), normally 6 months contracts constantly renewed so you don't get the benefits of security or bonus/reviews. Management don't do anything to help you, made to feel uncomfortable at work yet nothing done about and management hope you forget.
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Favouritism
Great Company
Financial Administrator (Current Employee) –  Sunderland3 February 2019
Great company to work for but due to ppi ending there is no job security and not many opportunities to advance.

The management has been fantastic and there isn't a lot to say that is negative about the business in general.

I was able to be up-skilled throughout my time within the company and received fantastic support from my team leader to always apply for internal roles (should they come up)
good place to work
ASU (Current Employee) –  Derry23 January 2019
Computer share is a great place to work if you are confident on phones and dealing with customers on a day to day basis.

Computersahre offer a wide range of perks when working there for a period of 6 months +
Pros
mon-fri
Cons
work life balance
Its okay
Customer Account Management Associate (Deeds Team) (Current Employee) –  Sunderland10 January 2019
Like most places there is constant changes going on through out the company.
Lack of communication between management and staff.
Very figures orientated.
Friendly culture
onsite recruiter (Current Employee) –  Crossflatts9 January 2019
I worked at the Computershare office in Crossflatts for 3 months on a temporary contract.

Great place to work !!
My first day was a welcome day and we had an overview of the company, the culture, staff benefits etc. It was very professional and a good introduction to the company - we even got a free goodie bag

I worked with a great team where I was made to feel very welcome and had a lot of support. The job was very busy and varied and I was given on going training.

There seems to be plenty of scope for internal promotion and development and the staff benefits are excellent - free onsite parking and a staff canteen and shop .The offices are modern and open plan with lots of natural light.

Computershare is one of the nicest companies that I have worked in and I would recommend them.
Pros
free carpark, onsite canteen, light airy offices, free tea and coffee machines
Fantastic Culture and Great Career Opportunities
Shared Services (Current Employee) –  Bingley, West Yorkshire7 January 2019
I have really enjoyed working for Computershare.

The culture is really diverse, inclusive and friendly - one of the main things that attracted me to the business in the first place.

In the time that I've been here I've progressed within different roles and have had exposure to different business areas and worked on some really interesting projects.

As a continually growing company there is a real change culture so you need to be resilient and open to change, but you learn a lot.

My work life balance is great, I have the option to log on at home but this is certainly not expected, and I'm able to work from home if required.

The facilities at each site are fantastic and the salary and benefits are also really good. You even get the opportunity to volunteer in the local community and partake in lots of fundraising both locally, nationally and internationally!

I'd recommend the business to anyone who enjoys working hard, adapting to new challenges and a fast paced environment.

The best part of the business? It has to be the people!
Pros
Culture, Colleagues, Progression, Vast exposure
No Contact Telehone Numbers
Customer Account Management (Former Employee) –  Bingley, West Yorkshire27 December 2018
In short I didn't enjoy working there. Very poor training - most intense training given is corporate. On the job/skill training is just that - On the job, sitting with people that don't have time to train up newbies. Then you're pushed to "go live" and electronically handle customers mortgage accounts, moving thousands of pounds around accounts with insufficient training.

Also, they used an incorrect National Insurance Number for me and despite me emailing HR (because you can NEVER find a telephone contact number for anyone) they have never replied or corrected the error. l have since left the company and I have not received my final pay which is now overdue, although they have sent me my P45 .... still with the incorrect N.I. number on it.
Cons
You're an employee number - not a person.
calm and easygoing
Door to door customer service (Former Employee) –  Bingley, West Yorkshire24 November 2018
the management at computer share is amazing keeping in mind the time frame and how every manager makes sure that the employees are feeling at ease while they are working is absolute amazing experience to have at a work place.
great team
Call Centre Agent (Former Employee) –  Bingley, West Yorkshire12 November 2018
great team to work with, lovely building, great food options, hours long ad unsociable hours , sometimes managerial support wasn't available.depending on working hours. Friendly approach
Pros
nice building/enviroment
Cons
Best company i ever worked for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire and Bristol10 November 2018
I worked for this company for 7 years and relocated with the company. Due to family commitments I had to move back. I was genuinely gutted to leave the company. The training staff were given is second to none, 2 weeks in training and 2 weeks in academy. My management Julie-ann is the best manager I have ever come across, this lady knows her stuff and knows how to manage consistently and fairly.

The company offer many many staff incentives and rewards and looks after staff very well. There is an onsite coffee shop, restaurant, gym, shop, activities and arrangements for outside seller to come in.

After working with a number of companies since leaving Computershare, i can honestly say this is the best employer i have ever worked for. If I could go back tomorrow I would!
Pros
Free bus service, staff incentives, management especially Julie-ann Frost.
Cons
Fun and productive work place
Call Operator (Former Employee) –  Victoria16 September 2018
At Computershare my job was to contact shareholders about events regarding the company they are investing in and answer any questions they had. These events could range from corporate takeovers to extra shares being offered at a discounted price. To be successful at this job I had to be articulate and friendly with a professional telephone manner. I needed great memory skills to answer their questions as the answers were technical and complex with lots of jargon.
Pros
Good management
Cons
Funny hours
This place is full of bullies
Credit Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Skipton, North Yorkshire12 July 2018
Whilst working at Computershare I witnessed a lot of bullying by senior staff and other consultants. If you mention this to management or other colleagues you are then in the firing line. Your job is never safe.
Cons
Long hours, Awful shift patterns, low income, bullying
Customer Account Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunderland3 June 2018
Always something to do and busy place to work- given a variety of different roles to do and tasks that have specific deadlines to be met, good staff to work with and met lovely people.
Pros
Good Breaks
Cons
Long Hours
Lack of Security or care in job
Customer Relations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sunderland14 May 2018
Management treated all workers differently based on personal preference. Hired under one title and was put in various other roles that usually are paid higher.
Satisfactory
Project coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol24 March 2018
Were not so accommodating with hours but the overall job was very interesting. The location was a great area and the people were very nice to work with.
Friendly and supportive workforce
SAS Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leeds And Bradford, Yorkshire18 March 2018
working at computershare was hard work to begin with as it was my first financial role and thus had to learn a lot about the industry. however the rest of the team were really supportive and friendly and would help out with any issues. If I was having a problem there would always be someone there to help.
Not a standard culture
Assistant Compliance Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol15 March 2018
An innovative place to work. So many business units which constantly evolve due to the fast paced nature of the business, which revolves around the administration of share plans.
not for me
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 February 2018
not a bad place to work depending on which department you are in and who you are managed by. Different managers completely change your experience in the company
Too many old heads
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 February 2018
I worked at computershare for 3 years as a client manager. The office is great with onsite restaurant, cafe, shop and gym. The free bus is good when living in Bristol city and the facilities for cycle commuters are first rate. I was quite lucky with my team as they were almost all fantastic people and my boss was great. There is however a big problem with the senior management of the company - majoritively middle aged men who take little notice of anyone who isn't in their inner circle. The other problem is the wages, truly woeful and although I loved my team I left when I was offered the same job somewhere else for 10k more a year. It's a company with a lot of potential, but if they want to attract and retain the most promising young professionals then they need to get real with their wages.
Pros
Office facilities, colleagues, dress down Fridays
Cons
Senior management, wages
Not good to work for.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Skipton, North Yorkshire24 January 2018
Not enough training and some of the management were not helpful.
The other staff were great and the hours were ok, however, they said in interview we would only do one weekend in 6 but this was not the case we did more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computershare. Our community is ready to answer.