Computacenter Employee Reviews

Computacenter Review
Information Security Manager (Managed Services) (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire5 January 2018
Computacenter is a great place to work, big enough to be a real force in the market but small enough to be able to be flexible and make a real difference. The organisational core values are truly embedded and generate a fabulous culture of support, development and responsibility. It is a demanding environment and as a result acknowledges and rewards high achievement.
Pros
A well implemented and effective employee evaluation and review process
Cons
Very demanding environment which can lead to long hours and resource impacts
The Most Enjoyable part of the job
Customer Executive (Current Employee) –  London30 October 2017
the people I work with are amazing and make it a great place to work.
Working for CC has also really helped me with my confidence and given me tools that I will se in the future.
Managing the picking & packing of the operation
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire10 October 2017
Responsible for managing the picking and dispatch team up to and including 40 employees, including transport, Health & Safety, Ensured productivity targets were met/ exceeded, Accuracy standards maintained, On call 24hrs & Wage queries
Pros
Company Benefit
Cons
Shift
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire31 August 2017
A very well focused company and looks after it's employees as well as it's customers.
Many Teams supporting each other to deliver a world class service and build on it's success her in the UK and over seas.

The higher management teams are all very accessible and easy to talk to making you feel part of an extended family. The vision and focus is carried throughout all areas and teams of the company and everyone has the same goals.

Your well looked after from supplied tea & Coffee to equipment and Christmas parties.

I would highly recommend working for Computacenter.
Great place to work.
First Line Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire22 August 2017
Very busy work environment but well managed. Good career progression and training program. Many helpdesks working for various companies thus can gain good all round it experience.
my opinoin of company
Desk side Engineer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London17 August 2017
the only good thing with this company is they have different contract you can go to if bored with current one. They pay for your training and exams you have to take the only bad thing is you have to fight when you need leave
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian15 August 2017
Computacenter is a great place work. Each day is different and very busy. I learned to work to high quality at a fast pace, working for a high profile client.
awesome
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire27 July 2017
lunch is good.few breaks taken before lunch though. I love the people and the working culture is awesome.I will gladly work there again if given the chance
A friendly company
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Blackfriars19 July 2017
A friendly company with a strong culture. Big enough to matter small enough to care,
Helpful people and high achievers who go above and beyond.
a great company to work for
productive and fun
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire18 July 2017
Computacenter has taught me a lot about myself.
I now can work extremely well under pressure and can easily pick up skills that are transferable.

The schedulers on the floor of event scheduling were amazing to work with, made me look forward to my day at work.
Pros
the company itself
Cons
the commute
Inept and hopeless
Test Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, UK13 June 2017
Probably the worst-run organisation I have ever worked for. They had no idea how to deliver anything. They used no industry standards for IT design or testing and wouldn't listen to anybody from the outside who wanted to improve their self-created standards.

It was full of arrogant people who were convinced they knew best. Common sense did not seem to exist. It was just terrible.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Poor management
Nice Place to work for a short time
First Line Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire18 May 2017
Dealing with a Variety of calls and dealing with People with different levels of IT experience.

Mainly working with Windows Applications

Dress down Fridays are a fun day.
Enlightened and forward looking workplace.
2nd Network Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, UK12 May 2017
I found Computacenter both an enlightened and friendly employer to work for.
The environment is both challenging and supportive.
The work is varied and you gain experience of many disciplines due to the variety of customers and contracts.
Pros
Variety
Cons
Sometimes difficult to progress.
Great place to work but low pay
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 April 2017
Computacenter is a great place to work. I have been there for several years.
Despite the pay and terms and conditions being poor in comparison to other companies I have not had the desire to leave.
They employ great managers who inspire others to go above and beyond.
The opportunities to progress are there if you are willing to put in the effort to develop yourself to get there.
CC managers will support and guide your growth and sign off investment into you progression but you are expected to drive the progression yourself.
Pros
Good culture and people. Development opportunities.
Cons
Poor pay and benefits compared with other companies.
Im and mim
vip incident Manager (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire6 April 2017
Incident management and Major incident management of calls from VIPs and bad customers
A good company to work for
Part of a an Event Scheduling team environment, dealing with schedulers questions around IM
Varied role allowed exposure to people management.
Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  London4 April 2017
Role allows a good balance between work and private life.

Compay is very supportive of career development.

Being able to deal with irate clients and esclations is essential.
Pros
Manage own diary
Contracting for them
Contracting for them (Former Employee) –  London31 March 2017
I was contracting for other agencies in the past and ComputaCenter rated low compared with the others. Not really engaging with me or the rest of the contractors.
disorganised company
1st Line Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire13 March 2017
I have been moved from an ending contract to another and for the first 6 months or probably more the management had no idea what we analysts had to do, the job was advertised as 18000 but as the agency retains part of your wage to cover your sick days and annual leave your wage will actually be below 15.500, the company is definitely not meritocratic and employees are treated very bad, I even have been forced to cancel my holiday last summer.
Pros
can't think of any
Cons
disorganised not meritocratic terrible management
Progressing in the right direction, with some higher management engagement.
First Line Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire1 March 2017
Higher management is good at listening, but the direct team leaders are not very good for the company. The being able to talk correctly to employees and respect and recognise their efforts leaves a lot to be desired. The training has been greatly improved with the help of staff through good engagement.
Pros
Now much improved training, employee engagement is good.
Cons
No thank you. No recognition for work done
Good place of work
PMO Analyst / Planner (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire15 February 2017
I liked the commute and the city where the job was. It was a small cohesive team that had great people to work with.
Recommend t anyone to take it over.
Pros
Parking
Cons
Next to heavy industry. Noise pollution

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computacenter. Our community is ready to answer.