Computacenter Employee Reviews

Productive and Fast Moving
Consultant for projects and assisting (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes23 July 2018
The company is moving at a fast rate in the IT service provider remit.
They are not afraid to be the first to try something and innovative thinking is highly sought for.
Pros
Company benefits
Interesting working on customer site.
Senior Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire20 July 2018
Working on customer site allowed a good level of interaction. Busy environment. Investor in people, many courses to attend. Allowed to be self managed.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Review
Tier 1 Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  ground floor27 November 2018
Computacenter was a great place to work at and sharpen my client relations IT and communication skills, although they allowed for time and space for me to grow my skills they did not offer Job security, I was offered a permanent position witch was taken away the following day when I was off and I still had to finish the week knowing my time was coming to an end.
Pros
good pay, great place to learn and improve your customer service skills
Cons
no Job security and not the best job culture
Fun place that was really intresting
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London9 November 2018
I enjoyed visiting a different part of the company each day and experiencing what work was like in the many different departments in the business. With it looking the an interesting place to have a career.
Pros
Good team
Cons
long days
fun working place
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire8 June 2018
computacenter was such a great place to work. I started off enjoying my work and everything about it. However when management changed everything went wrong. It was no longer something I loved doing, it had become a chore. I experienced negativity from peers and was continuously bullied by management. Its such a huge shame as Computacenter as a company is brilliant!! however, management in Event Scheduling has ruined it for them. I think Computacenter should really revise their management staff in Event Scheduling. Maybe with new Management, a lot more people would want to stay.
A place for managment to make a lab and practice skills
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 December 2018
Awful place to work. rest will be censored for what i say.Some still giving good reviews. Training at minimum. Company policy was influenced by managers . Why would you hire someone for a placement and tell them stories of blessedness in support when what you have is not suitable
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Dead End
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Southwark Station11 June 2018
CC as a whole is run with military precision and has great policies in place. It is a professional IT company with the feel good factor for permanent employees. Pay is poor though, everyone says it but they seem to be just grateful they have a job! Training is there but if you want specific training to assist you with your job they just say they don't have it available so you do your job without being trained for it. The pay gender gap exists in abundance at CC and also it is very much if your face fits type of company - neputism is rife. Needless to say after being there for 18 months, it is now time for me to move on before all my confidence is zapped from me. I would give this company a wide berth before you become a small fish in a big pond....
Pros
it is near Southwark tube station
Cons
poor pay
Brilliat company to work with.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 October 2018
Willing to help you develop your skills to benefit you in the future.

There is a big team attitude, everyone working together to meet target and deadlines.
Pros
Opportunities
fun, easy going organisation
IT Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield18 October 2018
Can be difficult to get things delivered due to not having full visibility of or autonomy of resources, who are often remotely working as part of matrix project teams
Its Ok
Service Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire30 October 2018
Computacenter is as good as any other major IT employer there is nothing that really makes them stand out they are just average across the board. Nothing good or bad to say
Great place to work but low pay
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London14 April 2017
Computacenter is a great place to work. I have been there for several years.
Despite the pay and terms and conditions being poor in comparison to other companies I have not had the desire to leave.
They employ great managers who inspire others to go above and beyond.
The opportunities to progress are there if you are willing to put in the effort to develop yourself to get there.
CC managers will support and guide your growth and sign off investment into you progression but you are expected to drive the progression yourself.
Pros
Good culture and people. Development opportunities.
Cons
Poor pay and benefits compared with other companies.
flexible
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 August 2018
We have an opportunity to work from home once a week. However, for any emergencies, appointments etc., managers are happy to allow you to swap your day working from home or allow extra days.
Computacenter Review
Information Security Manager (Managed Services) (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire5 January 2018
Computacenter is a great place to work, big enough to be a real force in the market but small enough to be able to be flexible and make a real difference. The organisational core values are truly embedded and generate a fabulous culture of support, development and responsibility. It is a demanding environment and as a result acknowledges and rewards high achievement.
Pros
A well implemented and effective employee evaluation and review process
Cons
Very demanding environment which can lead to long hours and resource impacts
Fun and very Friendly
Dual Keyer for Major Incident Management (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire26 June 2018
Fun and very Friendly work place, I have learned quite a bit through the company along with all the different people I have met, the people make the job more fun and iteresting.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Sift patterns
Nice people
Temping as a Resource Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire13 May 2018
Training is very poor, no people skills, Line Manager was not very helpful, Scheduler department is poor to work for. Need Line Managers with people skills
Pros
hour for lunch and subsidised lunches
Cons
room for improvement
projects (Current Employee) –  uk15 March 2013
Poor work life balance. Blame culture. Long hours. Reward effort rather than accomplishment. Top Sr management been around too long and don't have diverse company experience and a reluctance to embrace new ideas. Needs new blood. Benefits pckg poor. Only get 15 days per year at full pay if sick.
Pros
some people are v nice.
Cons
travel and long hours
Transition Busy and Contractually Intense
IS BI Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, ENG2 May 2015
Delivering and building services to be delivered in to 250+ customers. Writing reports and presenting service management results to internal and external stakeholders. Working with SDM's and Developers, Programmers and BA's to ensure services are built and delivered from the ground up. Tight deadlines prove to be the hardest part to manage although having an experienced team with good prioritiaion and time management skills allows these tight deadlines to be delivered with very little slippage. Moving through strategy, design and into service management proves to be to the most satisfying part of the role.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Long hours with OT to ensure milestones are met
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire31 August 2017
A very well focused company and looks after it's employees as well as it's customers.
Many Teams supporting each other to deliver a world class service and build on it's success her in the UK and over seas.

The higher management teams are all very accessible and easy to talk to making you feel part of an extended family. The vision and focus is carried throughout all areas and teams of the company and everyone has the same goals.

Your well looked after from supplied tea & Coffee to equipment and Christmas parties.

I would highly recommend working for Computacenter.
Bar Staff
First Line Analyst (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, ENG20 January 2016
I would come in to work and i would start with stocking the bar with drink and making sure everything was in order ready for the bar to open. What i learned was customer service. how to make a cocktail, Team work, Team management, the manager in there were very nice and very helpful would provide you with all the training you need to be able to work on a bar. The hardest part in my job was the late hours bar would be open till 4-5 in the morning. I really enjoyed my job there but after a year of being there i wanted to move on the something a lot better.
Pros
Working as a team
Really Good Employer
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire5 January 2018
I spent many great years at Computacenter, however the the distance that I had to travel to work became the driver in me moving on. They are a great caring company and one I would work with again given the right location.
Pros
Great enviroment
Cons
extended hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computacenter. Our community is ready to answer.