Computacenter

Computacenter Employee Reviews

United Kingdom167 reviews
One of my bosses once described working at CC like Marmite, you either love it or you hate it.

Office Politics is minimum compared to most places I've worked and there tends to be little in the way of back biting or sniping.

As a company they do try to live and breathe by their very ethos of putting their staff and customers front and centre of everything they do
Pros
On site coffe shop, good support mechanisms in place for disability and mental health
Cons
Restaurant is not the best, and no microwaves
9 October 2020
Dear Colleague,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your experience of working at Computacenter.

Although our business is about delivering technology, we’re take pride in our belief that it’s fundamentally about people first, whether it’s our employees, our customers or our partners.

In the same vein, we understand the importance of health and wellbeing and recognise the impact our busy lives can have on us. Therefore, our fantastic volunteer Wellbeing Champions help spread the wellbeing word throughout our office locations.

Also being Mental Health First Aid trained and accredited, they lend a confidential and non-judgemental ear to anyone in need and are able to sign post them to the right support.

On the subject our restaurant, you’ll know that earlier this year we switched to a new catering company which also coincided with an amazing refurbishment of the Lakeview Restaurant. Early feedback from employees as a result of these changes has been positive.

As there are café and restaurant facilities available in our Hatfield headquarters, microwaves are not widely available for staff. However, we do log feedback posted on Indeed and will pass your comments on.

Best wishes, Group Employer Branding Team
The job was not difficult or technically demanding the users very pleasant and cooperative and easy to work with.
The management team were excellent and very easy to communicate with.
Pros
Very pleasant working environment.
18 September 2020
Hi there, thank you very much for your positive review of Computacenter. We're delighted that you found our working environment pleasant and our management team so approachable. We believe we take a 'people first' approach to our business, so it's great to see this reflected in your experience of us! Best wishes, Group Employer Branding Team.
I would never work their, no black community. No blacks in higher roles. They are use like slaves.

Very much not a nice place to work. Very white focus on
18 September 2020
Hi, thank you for taking the time to leave a review on your employment at Computacenter on Indeed.co.uk. I’m very sorry to hear you feel this way, the experience of our people is very important to us and we work hard to make sure everyone at Computacenter knows they are valued equally. We know there’s always more we can do. If you’d like to discuss your experience in more detail we would be happy to follow up with you, you can get in contact with me at shaun.fincher@computacenter.com.
Nice relaxed environment, happy work place. Got on with everyone, provided in site training which is helpful, opportunities to grow within the company.
Always the opportunity to work to the next level. Management teams are approachable and enable a sharing and winning workplace. Detailed processes and procedures ensuring your job can be done effectively.
I worked for the Vetting team and thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The team and management were welcoming and supportive throughout the entire time I was there. I learnt a great deal from other more experienced members of the team and I would be happy to work there again.
Great company to work out, with a strong work ethic. Everyone is welcoming and willing to help you with any problems. They are also ready and willing to help your progesss in your job role.
Company is all about year on year growth. This means that if you join and inherit accounts that billed well last year, you have to sell & bill as much as that to get to a starting point before you can earn any real commission for anything you sell AND contribute towards your target. So if a customer engaged CC for a large project last year, the old Account Manager will bill as much as they can then transfer the account or leave the company or department. Incoming AMs are effectively placed in commission debt.
The only way to avoid this is to not inherit any billing accounts, inherit those which are certain to bill again what they billed the year before with minimal input from you, or work as a specialist where you are simply paid on what you sell.

The "running your own business" strapline actually means the company deduct commission for using the warehouse etc or if a customer does not pay when they should.

Far too much time taken up policing the company compared to actual business development and account management.
Pros
Good on really big projects and good if you are part of one, Some of the product training is very good
Cons
Political, People get used as stepping stones in other peoples careers, Nobody tells you about the commission issue
I was not permanent. I was a temp working as an administrator on customer site but with CC colleagues who I liked very much.
I am only leaving as contract being shortened due to COVID-19
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Computacenter?
I worked at Computacenter for 6 years,good company to work for when I was there.
I got on well with all of my colleagues and the management.

Only reason I left was to work closer to my home.
Fast paced and pressurised at times, however management support is excellent. The work is varied and challenging at times but also rewarding, which allowed me to progress to a senior PM role.
Salary was low, but overall it is a nice place to work. Staff was always nice . Job security could be a little bit better but apart from that it was a good place to work
Pros
Good Management
Cons
Can be stressful at times
Great place to work, with talented individuals. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Computacenter. Very varied work with interesting customers in across multiple technologies
The Services section of Computacenter grew for several years, peaking at about 50% prfit contribution. New contracts became more difficuolt to win, so a reord to arrive at a single, global Services Section is almost comlete and will reap benefits in terms of winning new business
Big company with wide range of positions to fit yours skills and preferences. Frendly people and fair supervisors. Very good rates for over-time. Nice food at cantine.
Enjoyed working at Computacenter. Lots of challenges and exciting roles within different companies. Learnt new skills, and how different IT departments work.
I realised that my job role/experience was more of an Office Manager than an Office Coordinator. No typical day was the same and I enjoyed the people that I worked with and learnt a lot in my 15 years. I was able to expand the job to what was required from the wider audience.
People seems not much interested in how you doing your jobs, it's always the same procedure. Very boring. Management is mostly away to fetch some fast-food and drinks. Things like Laptops are getting stolen,they just disappear. The ready for shipping of pallets and containers with PCs, Laptops are never correctly labelled, etc.,. It's like a system of failures in work. Not a good place to work for.
As a Managed Service Provider, the customer is always the focus of the job. People are very supportive of each other. A culture of working together to resolve issues is widely promoted.
been with about 4 other companies since then
this is very old information and I currently work to NTTData. I will be leaving them on the 27th January.
Great salary. It’s who you know as to whether you keep your job. They don’t care about morals or integrity.
The work however is varied and interesting.