Computacenter Employee Reviews

Absolutely rubbish!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes18 June 2019
No support from managers whatsoever and was singled out and bullied on a daily basis by racist staff! Avoid at all costs! The worst place I worked in my life!
Just another number
1st Line Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes14 May 2019
Whilst I enjoyed the other members of my team. I did feel like you were just another number and it was at times like working in a concentration camp or school.
Fast-growing and innovative
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hatfield / Milton Keynes17 April 2019
As a contractor for only 6 months I was on a different regime to employees so I can't really comment on the pros or cons of employment with the company.
OK Place to work but no advancement
Project manager (Former Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire9 April 2019
Nice enough place, Nice enough staff but if you want to advance that's going to happen unless you want to join in the over the top clickey nature of the place.
Challenging
BA Technical Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wets Yorkshire8 April 2019
Challenging to keep costs down, as Computacentar is a Ltd business and a third party supplier therefore pressure to keep costs down is a must and ROI is extremely important co CC.
First Line Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes4 April 2019
Answering calls coming from onshore and offshore and assisting users on their issues regarding the computer or users credentials.
Usual 9 -5 job but can get boring.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Awful place to work
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire20 March 2019
Awful place to work, can't put it into words. Do not work here if you can avoid it. Bullying culture, however the few friends I had kept me there. AVOID at all costs.
Cons
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 February 2019
Great place to work, multiple accounts to work across with differing roles and day to day activities. Various location throughout the country to work from.
Pros
work from home, differing accounts / roles
Cons
bonus, salary, pensio
Computacenter
IT Project Management (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire27 January 2019
Long days and low pay, however, a great place to begin your career in IT. Ideal if you are a graduate and a self starter with a knack for meeting people and managing relationships. Strong benefit for any would be joiners would be bi / tri-lingual with a good understanding of financial management.
Pros
Great mentoring and opportunities to progress for the right candidate!
Cons
Remuneration is considerably lower than the market average
Nice company
Customer Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, UK14 December 2018
Computacenter are a nice company to work for either as full time or a contractor.
There are not too many opportunities to advance you career unless you specialize in a specific subject matter.
Pros
Job security, decent rates of pay
Cons
Not many opportunities for career advancement.
A place for managment to make a lab and practice skills
Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 December 2018
Awful place to work. rest will be censored for what i say.Some still giving good reviews. Training at minimum. Company policy was influenced by managers . Why would you hire someone for a placement and tell them stories of blessedness in support when what you have is not suitable
Pros
nothing
Cons
nothing
Review
Tier 1 Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  ground floor27 November 2018
Computacenter was a great place to work at and sharpen my client relations IT and communication skills, although they allowed for time and space for me to grow my skills they did not offer Job security, I was offered a permanent position witch was taken away the following day when I was off and I still had to finish the week knowing my time was coming to an end.
Pros
good pay, great place to learn and improve your customer service skills
Cons
no Job security and not the best job culture
Fun place that was really intresting
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  London9 November 2018
I enjoyed visiting a different part of the company each day and experiencing what work was like in the many different departments in the business. With it looking the an interesting place to have a career.
Pros
Good team
Cons
long days
Its Ok
Service Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire30 October 2018
Computacenter is as good as any other major IT employer there is nothing that really makes them stand out they are just average across the board. Nothing good or bad to say
fun, easy going organisation
IT Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield18 October 2018
Can be difficult to get things delivered due to not having full visibility of or autonomy of resources, who are often remotely working as part of matrix project teams
Brilliat company to work with.
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Manchester11 October 2018
Willing to help you develop your skills to benefit you in the future.

There is a big team attitude, everyone working together to meet target and deadlines.
Pros
Opportunities
flexible
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester21 August 2018
We have an opportunity to work from home once a week. However, for any emergencies, appointments etc., managers are happy to allow you to swap your day working from home or allow extra days.
Productive and Fast Moving
Consultant for projects and assisting (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes23 July 2018
The company is moving at a fast rate in the IT service provider remit.
They are not afraid to be the first to try something and innovative thinking is highly sought for.
Pros
Company benefits
Interesting working on customer site.
Senior Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire20 July 2018
Working on customer site allowed a good level of interaction. Busy environment. Investor in people, many courses to attend. Allowed to be self managed.
Pros
Salary, benefits
Fun and very Friendly
Dual Keyer for Major Incident Management (Current Employee) –  Hatfield, Hertfordshire26 June 2018
Fun and very Friendly work place, I have learned quite a bit through the company along with all the different people I have met, the people make the job more fun and iteresting.
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Sift patterns

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Computacenter. Our community is ready to answer.