Complete Care Employee Reviews

Stay away
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside5 September 2019
Worst care company you could ever work for, only interested in themselves not bothered about staff. Never listen to problems or request. Very stressful , nobody appreciate your good works. Company is full of liars and two faced people.
Not a job for walker
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grantham28 July 2019
This job was fantastic looking after the old people,but the bosses did not think about there cares at all when u tell them u are a walker they have u up the other end off town from one end to the other in 5 mins.
Working in private house
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wednesbury, West Midlands19 February 2019
My client was challenging behavior, but we did not get training for this. They dropped me into the deep water. Later I was okay with client, but the management was very poorly, do not listening. 16 months time 5 manager changed. Very unfair and low hour rate.
Lots fun with client and with lovely little team. Sometime some unqualified worker. With this, the company made big risk the client life.
Pros
Good team, independent job
Cons
Very unprofessional management
Happy place to work but felt my experience was not used in this field.
Care Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Sutton Surrey20 September 2018
Happy environment, standard of care to clients were good, and The Mental Capacity Act was implemented in support plans.

Could not go any further and like to be active at all times can find myself getting unsettled when not busy.

Generally a good company but I understand is no longer trading.

The hardest part of the job was ensuring compatability of carer to client and the carers availability.

Typical day at work was to ensure all work was covered and deal with any issues which may have occurred over night, look at the scheduling for the following day/week and check that carers received their schedules well in advance. Speak to clients or relatives and confirm they were happy with care provided, check on punctuality of carer.

Discuss with Manager any concerns or issues and react to problems effectively and promptly.

I learnt that Domcillary Care is a lot different to residential care which I had been used to doing for approximately 18 years mainly dealing with Dementia which I thoroughly enjoyed and was a great achievement. I do miss residential settings
Pros
Flexible
Hectic and Busy
Care Worker (Current Employee) –  West Yorkshire Denby Dale30 May 2018
Interesting place to work but you certainly need your wits about you and have to be a very patient person and be able to think on your feet. You only get 3 days shadow shifts and then expected to go live. If you feel you require extra shadow shifts you can ask for them
Pros
Travel time paid
Cons
Weekly hours are based on a per house basis so 41 hours can actually be 60 hours
Vile staff
Home Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire22 March 2018
worst care company you could ever work for. only interested in themselves not bothered about clients and very two faced .never listen to problems or request
Pros
Cons
the whole company
fun and hub of the the day
assistant, looking (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside28 January 2018
can be fun at times. each day is different to the other, never the same . start of the day would consist of a daily rant from staff then others, while i attend to the start of the day breakfast ie: porridge,bacon,scrambled egg, bacon and then beans. these would be alternated each day to sausage, also pouched. just for equal choice. check menus for the day and start the preparation for the daily menu. check stock and sometimes ordering for stock.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
very long hours
Great staff, strong work team
Senior Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe, Lincolnshire7 January 2018
The lovely staff make the place. Shame about the lack of incentive for working bank hols/ weekends. Which we have to work most weekends there are no set rotas and you find out your shifts on the Friday ready for Monday! So no time to plan life around Work unfortunately.
Pros
Rewarding looking after the residents, great staff team.
Cons
Poor management, same minimum wage on bank hols and weekends, no pay incentives. No appreciation from higher management.
Company had some financial problems and it has been sold.
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire2 November 2017
Not much support was given by managers for the employees when it needed. Lots of errors happened in paying expenses. Hard to get hold of manager, seemed, that they were always on meetings or holidays.
Pros
Food and travel expenses supposed to be paid
Cons
Shortage of staff
A place to work
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury, Greater Manchester4 July 2017
I worked for the company in the clients own home .She didnt want very much involvement with the company other than a carer being provided. I had a manager on call at all times,if I needed him. My job involved the personal hygiene of the client and making of meals when required.Transferring the client from bed to wheelchair. Making the client as comfortable as possible.
Pros
Cons
sleepovers
at times
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Willenhall27 April 2017
not much to say just two face ,and act like them better than others. they are not friendly. users only nice when they need covering. they back bit. I wasn't happy health and safety was a concern, some workers was nasty. rush rush.
Pros
never
Cons
i enjoyed my work very much
carer then quality assurance officer (Former Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside then chiswick london26 April 2017
complete care were taken over by carefree who were taken over by Mears Care.
I was a carer at first then as a quality assurance officer.
As a carer I was responsible for looking after people in their own homes.
As a quality Assurance officer I was responsible for quality monitoring,investigations and disciplinarys.
spot checking carers ,visiting clients.following up complaints.
Tiring
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Saint Helens13 March 2017
working for this company is tiring as you are expected to travel in various places at different times even although this is apart of the job it was costing too much as they say you are only in one area this is untrue, it was lovely giving the care required but you were not guaranteed your hours as they went to certain members of staff no training given I already had my own so at times you was doing a lot of the work !
Pros
hours of breaks in between
Cons
travelling expenses
Abismal
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom25 August 2016
Working every hours God sends, putting yourself out to do above and beyond, it wasn't enough. Management didn't listen and often blamed lower ranked staff for their mistakes. Going on maternity, my regular client was taken off me, and they wished to send me all over UK due to me driving. Then after returning from maternity, they offered me live ins up Scotland etc and expected me to leave my baby behind for weeks on end. Forced redundancy
ignore complaints or requests
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nelson25 May 2016
terrible company, hours fluctuate like a metronome. inconsistent, ignored complaints and requests. three and four hour gaps, don't stick to your contracted hours.
happy co workers
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southampton23 May 2016
I Enjoy working in this package but feel that there could be much more put in place to promote independent living. and feel outside parites i.e care professionals could work more closely to ensure this with the packages
Entertaining
Service Planning Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Telford19 April 2016
A typical day at work could be easily described as crazy as always something goes wrong, something has been over look on a client's rota and those error would come up in Service Planning. The phone is constantly ringing with questions from clients, employees with queries about their wage, the shifts or calling in sick. I can say that here you learn to be very tolerant, to just follow procedure regardless if you agree with it or not. The co-workers are all ages and personalities, some are very straight-forward and dynamic, some are very quiet. Even so, they are all helpful if you ask for anything.
The hardest part of the job is working with people that are so different and react different to things, that are committed to the job or just constantly try to jungle around bookings.
Pros
Multicultural environment
Cons
Working with people
Not for me.
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Telford29 February 2016
Clients are mostly great to work with, unfortunately the company expect you to work up to 80 hours per week and are not very understanding when you are not unable to work due to personal circumstances. Management care very much that there shifts are covered more than your health and wellbeing.
Underpaid for the type of work that you undertake
very medical job and can be very rewarding if you are lucky to get a job with set hours and are not expected to do more than what you are capable of.
Lots of waking night shifts involved which is great if it suits your lifestyle, unfortunately if this does not suit you, you will still be expected to undertake these hours even if you advise that you do not want to.
Would not recommend this company unfortunately.
Good luck!
The good parts about the company is that they do pay minimum wage for training and induction courses and if you are lucky, dependant on what contract you sign they do also pay for fuel expenses. You can be expected to travel all over the country though.
good
Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Telford26 February 2016
At my working place I have met many clients with different types of disability. I learned how to provide independent life for disable people.
Pros
Cons
most clients live far away from me
Not the happiest of environments but rewarding
Keyworker (Current Employee) –  London2 March 2013
A typical day at work for me is engaging with a wide variety of vulnerable young people, talking and helping with day to day activities and living skills in order for them to become more independent. I also spend alot of time writing reports and looking for services that young people require such as drugs workers or education advise. I work very well with all professionals and co-workers and feel that I can interact with people from all areas of life. I am always available to help others when needed and am able to multitask. I have learnt many skills working with young people, I have learnt how to be patient when advising and listening to people, I have learnt how to help people with organisation and my most valued skill is how I am able to remain open minded and tolerant towards others opinion, lifestyles and troubles. the most enjoyable part of my job is having to help young girls with clothes shopping and have taught them how to remain stylish whilst being on a budget as a part of learning budgeting and independent skills. The part of my job I find to be the most challenging is the verbal abuse that often comes with working with vulnerable troubled young people.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
can work late if incidents occur