Compass Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Waitress (Current Employee) –  Epsom3 August 2018
With Compass, I work at Epsom Downs Racecourse and it is such a fun a good place to work. The pay is good and the hours are too. The environment is lovely, both staff and customers make the experience more enjoyable.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Worst place I have ever worked
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare1 August 2018
Very poorly run venue and they don't care too much about their staff. Holidays ignored, requests ignored, not paid the correct amount, no contract, no breaks and hours not recorded properly so you are underpaid by the end of the month.

Working hours law was broken several times when I worked there and payroll don't care about you unless your a manager.
Good for Students
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cardiff1 August 2018
Working in the Stadium for Large Events, good for students who need money, enjoyable and relatively easy job. Get to meet lots of new people.
But management is quiet impersonal due to large numbers of staff. Long days but free lunch.
very busy work at the hospital
barista (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, Gloucestershire1 June 2018
love my job queues out the door head down and serve the customers with a smile upselling is amajor focus and getting 100 percent for mystery shopper we have agreat team and customers are great.
Pros
great hours
Cons
highly pressuried
Long hours but does have its pros
Catering and retail staff member (Current Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff22 May 2018
Hours can be long when working events or doing set up shifts. However it is a relatively quick way to earn more in the week. supervisors and managers have been there a long time so it can feel a little cliquey but most of them are friendly and happy to help if you ask. Hardest part of job it they are long, tiring hours. Some tasks can be repetitive .Best part is you can see large popular events whilst also earning money.
Pros
packed lunch provided
Cons
often you have to work through your break because the day gets busy at sporadic parts of the shift.
Never again.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Hatfield21 May 2018
I have worked in catering, at the begining of my job placement I did NOT find atmosphere friendly, lots of arguments between team members where management could 't help.
great place to work
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Swindon20 May 2018
A typical day at work for me was cooking breakfast and making sandwiches to go in the vending machines, i couldn't have asked for a better manager, i worked well with the other ladies, the best part of the day for me was lunchtime cooking.
Pros
free food
Cons
there was no cons for me in this job.
Not a good place to work, except the staff
Catering assisstant (Former Employee) –  Bishopbriggs11 May 2018
At first it was good. Then I could see the didn't care about there customers or there needs. There very money orientated which yes money does count, but they took it to extremes. A few people including myself were near breakdowns.
Pros
Cons
Evertything
The job was brilliant, management were not
Early Interventions Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Coventry10 April 2018
The team does a fantastic job, the colleagues were amazing, management was inconsistent, responses to grievances was poor and unprofessional. Upper management was worse and the higher up a problem went the less support and more poorly you were treated.
The job is essential and rewarding and the team delivering interventions does an incredible thing but if management decide they don't like you they will make your time difficult and treat you appallingly.
Fun Place
Cleaning Operative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 February 2018
I have enjoyed working with the Compass group. I was working at the edgbaston cricket stadium for the ICC test match. I have worked with handheld tools to complete tasks
good to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Basildon, Essex9 January 2018
A typical day at work would be to make our customers king a happy customer means happy working team. I learn something new every day . The management are very good very helpful very friendly i like working for compass but now looking for something new .
Its Alright
CSA (Current Employee) –  Gateshead, Tyne and Wear7 January 2018
Honestly, its a job, no real world benefits at all, depending on whos there can make or break your shift, were always running out of supplies and customers are rude, and so are the higher ups, to them youre just a number, if that.
Cons
you dont get paid for your mandatory breaks
Porter/Retail Staff (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside25 October 2017
Working for compass is a learning experience due to the fact that there is supportive staff working alongside you and help if you are unsure about any task that have been set
One dimentional
Trainee Chef (Former Employee) –  warrington31 August 2017
tasked with providing breakfast and lunch for a company. alone and rarely in contact with management was not an ideal platform for a career. not an option for myself
Pros
free meals
Cons
limited interaction
fun and friendly
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salford4 August 2017
really enjoyed my time here I worked in a high school in the kicten and enjoyed evey day I was there, the job was really easy and made time for talking to the kids etc. I would definitely recommend this comoany to work w=for
What Fostering is expected to be
Foster Carer (Current Employee) –  Loughborough29 July 2017
It's a very difficult job and they do their best to try and support you but when you have a difficult child living in your home there is only so much support that can be offered. They offer a wide variety of training to better aid you within your job. Your fellow Foster carers can be and invaluable source of support, more so that th company you work for as they do not have any sort of idea of how hard the job actually is.
Pros
You help children
Cons
It is constantly challenging and it is in your home, there is no respite from it on a day to day basis.
Great Summer Job for students
Ad-hoc Waiter (Former Employee) –  Twickenham, Greater London15 July 2017
Ad hoc work therefore very flexible. I worked as a waiter during Rugby Match days; very vibrant and diverse range of employees. A very fun job in the summertime, management ensure the job is done and communicate effectively to the kitchen and waiting staff.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Job stability
good work
Plate Waiter (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands13 July 2017
work was fun and well managed it was easy to get on with other members of staff i thought it was good that i got a meal with them and the breaks they gave us was good
good to work for
Comie chef (Former Employee) –  anywhere9 July 2017
the company gives you a good salary and and grate people to work for. i would work for them again if i really needed to as they are just good. looking for closer jobs is a taks
Pros
grate experiance
Cons
not lot of money
Not good
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Burton-On-Trent, Staffordshire16 June 2017
Training was good. Good work environment but poor members of staff. I was made to feel unwelcome as well as victimised. when I expressed my concerns on various things I was made to feel unimportant.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass. Our community is ready to answer.