Compass Group Pay & Benefits reviews

Terrible Management with No Support
MESS ACCOUNTANT (Current Employee) –  Longbridge, West Midlands18 September 2018
Terrible structure of management who are so driven to profit at all costs that they have actively instructed me to lie to staff that late working is unpaid and yet bill the client
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Low pay with no recognision
Great job
Hospitality Staff (Current Employee) –  Edgbaston, West Midlands11 September 2018
Shifts here were fun and productive, my experience gained here has benefited my communication skills and my understanding of the service industry.
Management gave on the job training that allowed me to do my job successfully without feeling like I was a burden.
Pros
Free lunches, friendly staff
Cons
Long shifts that could run into overtime.
Depends on the manager
casual event waitressing and bar work (Current Employee) –  Cardiff6 August 2018
This can be a great place to work however if you are stuck with a manager that isn't very nice it can be very long, however in my experience, most of the managers are nice so is fun to do because it is event work
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Can be long hours without breaks
flexible company
Hospitality Manager (Current Employee) –  Chelsea21 July 2018
Neutral Outlook
I have been working at Compass Group full-time

Pros

Get to work in some fantastic venues.
Really exciting and fast-paced.
Opportunities to progress.
Free food and alcohol!

Cons

High turnover of management
Salaries are quite low

Advice to Management

Need to respect employees more so they will want to keep working there
Good for students
Part Time Waitress (Current Employee) –  Swansea17 July 2018
Working in Liberty Stadium at the moment. A great flexible job for students as you can say yes or no to a shift, however, there is no contract hours. Unreliable for income.
Pros
Good extra money
Cons
no contract hours
Relatively Good Employer
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge16 July 2018
Good Employer, though full of mismanagement, poor benefits such as no sick pay, and the managers are too focused on numbers to remember the people. Their financial year does not fall in with the rest of the world, and the staff has no motivation to work or stay, the good people leave for something better because of management tiptoe around the complaints against troublemakers instead of dealing with it.
Cons
No Sick Pay
Challenging but rewarding
Student Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Chertsey, Surrey14 July 2018
Lots of travelling, occasional working from home, sometimes clashed with managers due to conflicting opinions, but always negotiated and reached collective decisions. Company car.
Good for getting by, not if you want to climb
CUSTOMER SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 July 2018
Generally the company is a good place to go to work and then go home. The recent years have seen a tighter staffing and even tighter money-management. Luckily, I have been blessed with good people to work with in this company, and it has been the only reason I have stayed in this job for more than a year.
Cons
Free meals were removed, no free services at work, expect work-courses to be completed in own hours.
fun place to work
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire2 July 2018
typical dat at work is preparing breakfasts lunches and snacks for customers allways trying to give the best service possible and meeting customers needs
Good company to work for
FM Manager (Current Employee) –  15 miles Milton Keynes26 June 2018
Good management support both on site and external
Processes and procedure very good and fit for purpose
Contract start up documents were very professional and TUPED transfer went very well
Client relationship very strong and open

Role was set out clearly and duties achievable
Daily managing 3 domains Security Catering and Multi services hygiene team
Pros
Good Support and financial reward, free meals at work, other benefits offered
Cons
none really
productive and fun workplace
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 June 2018
Availability of jobs was efficient. Made a lot of friends, management were nice and friendly. Hardest part of the job was the long hours and the average pay.
Cons
long hours, average pay
Challenging
Catering staff (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 May 2018
Very demanding line of work, constantly on your feet, serving customers, or readying the food for the customers. Its an okay first job to have for people who enjoy working under pressure.
fun,nice work place
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 May 2018
was always very happy day
lots catering rulls
managment always excellent
culture is colorful,interesting ,learned
forme nothing hardest i love working
serving the costemers,polite,helpfull all the time
Pros
free lunch
Compass
Hospitality Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 May 2018
Very outcome focused organisation. In my unite management does not care that we are lack of equipment, they want to be the job delivered still. Most of the time we are lack of staff too, especially during lunch time.
Pros
Free lunch on duty, no weekend work
Cons
Unqualified management, no way to progress
easy
Till Cashier-Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff17 May 2018
working for compass group was a weekend job to get extra money but wages and hour were not the best but they don't do enough events they only do football and rugby and sometimes concert but they don't consider other areas.
Pros
easy shift
Cons
shifts not long enough
Do not get paid
Early Morning Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset30 April 2018
Worked as early morning cleaner at Morrisons,job was good but after working 6 weeks only issued one second hand polo shirt as uniform and still not been paid,tried contacting head office regarding pay and they wouldn't help and wasnt interested tried blaming manager that my hours hadn't been put through,expected me to work 2 months before any wages and then couldn't guarantee I'd get paid everything I was owed,
Pros
Leaving company
Cons
Early mornings and no pay or uniform
great atmosphere
Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Haydock, Merseyside23 April 2018
a very busy working day sometimes from early morning till evening.
all staff friendly and fun with a lot of care taken in what you do.
good customer engagement role
Pros
free lunch
Cons
can be long hours
Poorly managed and poor paid company to work for
Night Porter / Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Eastwood, Nottinghamshire23 April 2018
Training is minimal, and for front of house such as reception it is crucial that you know what you're doing!
Long, unsociable hours working nights, with little benefits salary-wise, and an extreme work-load, especially on weekends. Short staffing is a massive issue.
Management seem to not care about their employees and spend most of their time sat around doing little to nothing. As an employee it does not feel like you're looked after at all, and when problems do occur, it's pointless flagging them up with management.
Pros
One free meal
Cons
Multiple, as described above.
Fun, co-operative workplace
Hospitality Staff (Former Employee) –  Sheffield City Centre, South Yorkshire1 April 2018
During my time with Compass Group, I enjoyed my work as I was waiting on customers in hospitality boxes at Sheffield United football ground which was a fun experience and increased my confidence approaching to customers. Also, I worked in the kitchen plating up food and serving food to the customers. I was a good team worker and communicated well with other workers. Overall, it was a good experience.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The pay and long hours
Poor leadership and no appreciation
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Devon26 March 2018
Reduced team members from 52 week contract to 50 week contract meaning reduced monthly pay reduced holiday allowance whilst increasing management pay and bonuses. No pay review in the time I have been here
Short staffed rumours are they will reduce you s further in our department and others.
Pros
Made friends inside the team
Cons
Poor morale, poor leadership only interested in management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.