Compass Group Employee Reviews

Found 675 reviews matching the search See all 3,280 reviews
Good place
Cafe assistant (Current Employee) –  Oxford17 August 2018
Customer services, make and serve coffee and food, stock control, cashier.Very busy place to work but good food. you have a lot diferent sifht in diferente place
Depends on the manager
casual event waitressing and bar work (Current Employee) –  Cardiff6 August 2018
This can be a great place to work however if you are stuck with a manager that isn't very nice it can be very long, however in my experience, most of the managers are nice so is fun to do because it is event work
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Can be long hours without breaks
Great People
Production Team Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset31 July 2018
Busy, very busy. You fit a whole year into 42 weeks. People are amazing.
The hardest part of my job was realising that although I was respected by my colleagues, there was no room for progression, no way to further my career path.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the team atmosphere, we were all in it together. We grew the branch from nothing to producing over 60,000 meals a week, there is a great feeling of pride.
Pros
term time only
Cons
you fit a year's worth of work into 42 weeks
Compass Group Employment
Reprographics Publishing Administrator (Permanent) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 July 2018
Extremely useless, no proper HR team and staff will breach all regulations to terminate your contract if there is an ongoing issue with employees.

Only recommended if your in the catering industry as this is their specialised area.
Pros
training in relevant areas
Cons
Unprofessional staff, ignorant and poor communication
flexible company
Hospitality Manager (Current Employee) –  Chelsea21 July 2018
Neutral Outlook
I have been working at Compass Group full-time

Pros

Get to work in some fantastic venues.
Really exciting and fast-paced.
Opportunities to progress.
Free food and alcohol!

Cons

High turnover of management
Salaries are quite low

Advice to Management

Need to respect employees more so they will want to keep working there
Good for students
Part Time Waitress (Current Employee) –  Swansea17 July 2018
Working in Liberty Stadium at the moment. A great flexible job for students as you can say yes or no to a shift, however, there is no contract hours. Unreliable for income.
Pros
Good extra money
Cons
no contract hours
Relatively Good Employer
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge16 July 2018
Good Employer, though full of mismanagement, poor benefits such as no sick pay, and the managers are too focused on numbers to remember the people. Their financial year does not fall in with the rest of the world, and the staff has no motivation to work or stay, the good people leave for something better because of management tiptoe around the complaints against troublemakers instead of dealing with it.
Cons
No Sick Pay
Friendy faces
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Herstmonceux, East Sussex15 July 2018
Overall the experience was good. Unfortunately, due to the location (unless you drive) is very awkward. You meet friendly new faces and the staff are a delight to be around.
Pros
N/d
Cons
Awkward location
Challenging but rewarding
Student Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Chertsey, Surrey14 July 2018
Lots of travelling, occasional working from home, sometimes clashed with managers due to conflicting opinions, but always negotiated and reached collective decisions. Company car.
Good for getting by, not if you want to climb
CUSTOMER SUPPORT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire13 July 2018
Generally the company is a good place to go to work and then go home. The recent years have seen a tighter staffing and even tighter money-management. Luckily, I have been blessed with good people to work with in this company, and it has been the only reason I have stayed in this job for more than a year.
Cons
Free meals were removed, no free services at work, expect work-courses to be completed in own hours.
Compass Group
Hospitality Agent (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 July 2018
Compass are 60,000 talented people bringing you all of the great tasting food, memorable experiences and vital support services that can transform every day into a great day. All of the little things that make the world of difference and boost the well being of millions. From outstanding restaurant experiences, enhancing sporting events and feeding thousands of school children, patients, workers and military personnel, to delivering warm welcomes, clean buildings and safe environments. We’re here to inspire, protect, nourish and energise. To brighten your day.
fun work place
Cook Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London9 July 2018
i really enjoyed working for compass the staff and management were understanding and helpful. I learnt a lot and was satisfied to push my self to become more. Everyday was different from the next i would run the toddlers lunch everyday with a lot of my own recipes and staff were very happy with all food sent over to them. I learnt to organised my self down to timing and potion control which helped me a lot with amount of food being wasted so budget for our kitchen stayed in they amount given to us. enjoyable part of my job was children were feed watered and happy with all foods we had made for them.
Pros
hours to suit
Cons
very hot in summer
fun place to work
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield, South Yorkshire2 July 2018
typical dat at work is preparing breakfasts lunches and snacks for customers allways trying to give the best service possible and meeting customers needs
Good company to work for
FM Manager (Current Employee) –  15 miles Milton Keynes26 June 2018
Good management support both on site and external
Processes and procedure very good and fit for purpose
Contract start up documents were very professional and TUPED transfer went very well
Client relationship very strong and open

Role was set out clearly and duties achievable
Daily managing 3 domains Security Catering and Multi services hygiene team
Pros
Good Support and financial reward, free meals at work, other benefits offered
Cons
none really
Stay away from Aberdeen office
Radio operator heli admin (Former Employee) –  Offshore22 June 2018
Compass group are a bad company to work for Jobs for the boys Ops managers are not good only negitive feed back they have lost a lot off contracts offshore and they don’t tell you but when they win a small contract you would think they won World Cup shouting threats are they way they work There are better companies out there
Pros
Cons
Back stabbing is the norm
not the best
waitressing (Former Employee) –  Liverpool19 June 2018
there are so many workers for this company you individually don't feel valued. The management aren't very attentive as most staff do casual work, therefore, work based relationships between managers and staff aren't made. The tip situation between this work place is terrible. But that depends who you ask as some teams share out tips equally others team leaders keep all tips to themselves.
Pros
free lunch and can choose own work days
Cons
tips
fun workplace
Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham17 June 2018
I enjoyed working for this company they treated me very nicely and the work environment was fun to work in. great customers and management. different diverse customers.
Pros
good management, free lunch
Cons
nothing
productive and fun workplace
Customer Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 June 2018
Availability of jobs was efficient. Made a lot of friends, management were nice and friendly. Hardest part of the job was the long hours and the average pay.
Cons
long hours, average pay
fgdf
Recruitment Partner (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands11 June 2018
Enjoy myself. Contract catering is never secure so can TUPE or lose contract at any time. Managers are good. Communication needs to be worked on. Technology is a little old.
Fun workplace
Waitressing as part (Current Employee) –  Chelsea31 May 2018
Currently work for Chelsea FC. Feels like family, I had no experience in hospitality but they train people very well. The staff are lovely and I make friends during my shifts.
Pros
Great for casual work: Event and match days. Great pay
Cons
Long hours and no consistent shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group. Our community is ready to answer.