Compass Group UK & Ireland Employee Reviews

Compass
Domestic Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 October 2018
management was not good in anyway.
we were short staffed most of the time
the work place was good as we were helping cancer patient which i enjoyed .
hardest part was working with a supervisor that didnt have any supervisor experience
Pros
free break
Cons
management
Fun working place
Catering (Former Employee) –  London10 October 2018
It was very good to work there. Flexible hours. Very good atmosphere and bosses. Very good money but lots of traveling. Lots of different techniques i learnt there.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Lots of traveling
Day to day not a bad thing
Head Chef (Former Employee) –  Belfast8 October 2018
a decent work life balance , sometimes deliveries are late and this can cause all sorts of complications- no clout with suppliers due to the large scale of the company and central purchasing
Poor Everything!
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sindlesham7 October 2018
Horrible management, workplace bullying by colleagues AND management, poor salary, long hours, terrible training. Left the job due to mental health issues being made worse by people that I worked with.
Very good training by Store Manager
Barista Maestro Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire29 September 2018
I am a current employee at Costa BRI and i am working there nearly 13 months and i really enjoy working with team and my store manager. she is very helpfull and always there whenever you need any support. I must say this is best one in my job History.
Pros
Very strong support from Store manager very Fair and transparent culture
Cons
Salaries can be bettet but not bad tbh
Shocking Company to work for.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sherburn in Elmet, North Yorkshire28 September 2018
Avoid Compass like the plague. Shocking company that breach TUPE regulations and chase you through the court's for 3 days over payment. Extremely poor management structure who simply don't give a monkey's. Work for these at your peril. Especially 14forty they're an absolute shambles. Champagne performance for lemonade wages
Poor support
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampshire28 September 2018
I was taken on as a manager in may was promised I would be trained no help whatsoever I was left on my own to do payroll paperwork got emails late at night constant phone calls no home life terrible place to work would never go back.
Very professional management
Supervisor - Full Time (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire Bradford Royal Infirmary27 September 2018
I worked in BRI Costa and i believe that management is very profesdional . Very thorough when appraising and feedback.
Very impressed with the store manager support , surprise how people person Store Manager is . Great culture and very fair environment.
Pros
Great support by store Manager
Cons
Nothing i only left because i was relocating still in touch with my team
Overworked
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, Devon18 September 2018
Former Employee Plymouth . Terrible management look after their own , they do stick together . You are very often overworked covering staff shortfall . Management and some supervisors need training on people skills . A few years of hard work and no appreciation . Teamwork a joke only if line manager approves of it . Other employees i worked with were lovely , only reason went in everyday .
Pros
Cons
Overworked
Really good place to work for
Till Cashier/Team Support (Current Employee) –  Cardiff16 September 2018
I enjoy my time working for compass and they have treated me well. If i couldnt go to a shift they would understand. They would supply drinks and give us food at the end.
Pros
Understanding
Cons
On your feet for a few hours
Friendly workplace
Hospitality Waitress (Current Employee) –  Esher, Surrey2 September 2018
Staff and management are friendly. You have the opportunity to work your way up the job ladder. Working days are flexible, no minimum required hours. You get to choose how often you would like to work. But there are strict rules and regulations on uniform and your ID
Joke of a company lol
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire30 August 2018
Don't work for these it's a mickey mouse company run by clowns they don't care about staff I worked in security its a joke lots of incidents for poor money and no feedback just expect to take being assaulted
Pros
Cons
Long hours, bad management, poor pay
Good company
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albrighton26 August 2018
Whilst working for compass I was trained in various fields of the job, good pay, I working in a fast following mess on a a raf camp so was kept on our toes.
Pros
Free lunches
good team work
Kitchen Porter (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire24 August 2018
nice being part of a productive team member.
hardest part of the job is pushing big waste bins once full and taking to end of the car park, enjoyable part of the day is getting praise and recognition for your hard work
Pros
free lunches
Cons
adhoc hours
Target focused organisation
Regional Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  UK wide24 August 2018
Worked for Compass Group for 31 years. An inspiring company with focus on service delivery, client relationships and margin delivery. Retired in December 2017. A fast paced enjoyable environment working with senior dignitaries within Government Services.
Pros
Largest organisation within their field of service delivery
Cons
Long hard and away from home regularly
Exciting experience and good atmosphere
kitchen assistant, warehouseman (Former Employee) –  Brighton and Hove24 August 2018
Compass Group is one of the great companies in Uk, Ireland and Europe. I had the chance to work with during three years and I can say that it was a great experience
Pros
Good atmoshere
Cleaner Plymouth dockyard
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Plymouth22 August 2018
People I work with are great people!

Supervisors are great and supportive

Mamgment are a waste of space and need to be turfed out! They expect you to do the same amount of work even when sort staff when you only get paid minimum wage! The pressure the managers put on the cleaners is too much for what you get paid done couple years service with this company and the job was perfect just the way you are treated was my final straw!

(Mangers need to be sent on people skills course or either sacked)
Flexible workplace
Bar Staff (Former Employee) –  Epsom17 August 2018
You get to pick where and when you work, which allows you to work as little or as much as you like depending on your schedule. Great for students or busy people that need to fit their job around other things.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not guaranteed work at all times
Incredibly Fast-paced Environment
Barista (Former Employee) –  Derby16 August 2018
My workplace was in a hospital, so everything was constantly frantic. I received little-to-no training from the management so it was very stressful straight away. The hours were also very long with little break, which meant that you could get no rest from a very demanding job.
After I left they did not pay me after I contacted them. It's a year later and they still haven't paid me.
Pros
Wage is quite good
Cons
Long hours with way too short a break. Unreliable with pay.
management never knew who to hire
CSA (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh15 August 2018
A typical day at work was rushing around all day while management sat about doing nothing, I knew it was nothing because I was in management for a while and knew what had to be done and when. It was a great place to work with collleagues and the job itself was great but the people in charge took advantage, big time.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
unpaid lunch, not allowed much for lunch, one tea or plain coffee, no hot chocolate. management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Compass Group UK & Ireland. Our community is ready to answer.