Company Shop Ltd

Company Shop Ltd Employee Reviews

Bad
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tankersley11 January 2020
Poor company haven't got a clue about retail standards poor equipment nothing gets fixed only a place for a** licking (management wise) wouldn't work there ever again shop floor staff very helpful but some management talk to them like rubbish
Work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London20 November 2019
Not a good place to work supervisor are very lazy not enough work to keep you busy all day so get told of for not doing anything no training given all you do is copy someone else test sheets
productive fun work environment
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Barnsley24 September 2019
Great clean friendy work environment to go into members of staff and management are really helpfully and make your work life a lot better to be in would recommend
Pros
great pay
Cons
not enough hours
Hard work and no thanks.
Sales assistant, shop floor, tills. (Former Employee) –  Wentworth barnsley8 September 2019
I worked here for six years and during that time staff roles and hours where changed for no reason or commercial benefit. A high turnover of supervisors and management kept making unnecessary changes causing a unsettled work place environment and a negative atmosphere. I finally called it a day when my manager changed my hours to 10.00pm finishing time without consultation or consideration for child care issues and refusing to discuss or change the rotas.
I would not recommend working here unless drastic changes where made.
Pros
Cons
Unfair treatment of staff
Typical retail
Store supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wentworth7 September 2019
Worked there a couple of months , the colleagues are great to work with. Workload is a lot as many colleagues are taken from the shop floor to assist tills which leaves you with the bulk of the work .
Management don’t care about the colleagues , they are all for themselves stuck in an office . Few will help on the shop floor but rarely . Rotas are always mixed up
Good job
Supervisor/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester3 September 2019
Management and most of the staff were great it was just one or 2 people that ruined it for me. The store was easy to work in the customers were pleasent and the products were of good quality
Well presented place to shop and work
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Sheffield2 August 2019
Store manager is very disrespectful and doesn’t care whose around him when it comes to discipline
Everyone else is friendly and the job was a good environment to work in
Pros
Friendly staff and customers
Cons
Store manager calling out people infront of customers
selling false hope of long term employment.
hygiene operative (Former Employee) –  South Yorkshire2 August 2019
I went through any agency was assigned hygiene role i thought great i can work my 13 weeks work hard and get a contract. To my utter disbelief i was told on the second week the company shop was advertising my shift pattern on this very website. Now they would not take me on due to me not reaching my 13 week period was forced into applying for the role i was already doing. Feels completely mislead and used just to cover that position until a candidate was found full time for this role. I reccomend staying far away from here has possible they do not care about Anyone who is not on the company shop books absolute Disgrace!
Pros
Cons
given sale of long term work which is Rubbish!
The worst job ever
Warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  Barnsleay4 June 2019
management arogant and rude .they asked me to handel red hot stuff and didnt even provided gloves ,safty is not on there agendaPLEASE AVOID THIS PLACE
Pros
Cons
Lots
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire31 May 2019
A fast pace working environment makes time go quickly, always lots to focus on and keep you busy. I enjoy coming to work every day and particularly love the people who are always happy to help and have a friendly chat. The business has its challenges like any other with lots of exciting opportunities ahead. Company Shop is a great retailer with strong values; stopping great food from going to waste as well as giving its colleague's and member's great savings on shopping.
Pros
The people, an on site gym, store membership card, flexible working hours and a delicious on site cafe with home cooked food.
Cons
Fast pace
A retail company to be proud of
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Northamptonshire18 May 2019
A full year into my role and I love my job every day. A healthy environment where people can grow and are rewarded. Ethics are at the heart of the business driving the right behaviours and ultimately the future direction. The work life balance is superb and the support from Management and peers second to none. If you thought food retail had lost all of its ethics, think again and look no further than Company Shop. You won’t regret it.
Pros
Flexible working environment, caring management, driven ethics shaping decisions
Don't do it
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire28 April 2019
Health and safety does not exist at this dump. Management have no idea what they're doing and very little knowledge of food safety. The long serving staff are so downtrodden, they don't believe there's places paying near £3-£4 p/h more for doing the same jobs.
Pros
Walking straight out the door
Cons
Wasting my time
Dont work here, very, very poor
Office worker (Current Employee) –  Tankerlsey20 February 2019
Managers and owners have a couldn't care less attitude in Tankerlsey. Bullying on shop floor and in the offices I have heard by Managers, other Managers simply have their favourites.
Directors and Senior Managers don't care about the staff, yet another been paid off to leave, as their face didn't fit...you really couldnt make it up or work for a worse company...terrible and they think its fine for them to simply hide behind the cheap food they sell and thats good enough, because they are obviously doing you a favour...not.
Pros
cheap groceries near their sell by date
Cons
Bullying, poor management
Was not too bad
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wenthworth21 January 2019
I started working there as a sales assistant in 2016. At first there was alot of pressure and bullying from the shift managers (not supervisors). Surprisingly it seemed as if they were not really trained or had not really been in management roles in the past as they were very unprofessional, aggressive and they would always shout you to hurry up. (Hard times)

At the end of 2017 the unprofessional bully managers were removed from the company and were replaced with new managers. Then things started to get easy and the place started to make sense. The new managers on our shift were way more professional, fair, approachable, would listen to any queries or problems you had. So yes, hats off to them.

I enjoyed Christmas 2017 until I left which was in 2018 Summer.
Very hard place to work not like any other place I’ve worked.
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tankersley11 January 2019
This place isn’t a very good place to work . They have a high staff turn over . Too many managers pulling you in every direction . Very unfriendly and very clicky.
Pros
Staff discount.
Cons
Long hours, unfriendly environment
Awful
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Middleton28 November 2018
Awful place to work no support from fellow work collagues or management. misuse of trust of workers overall awful experience worked like a dog and get no gratitude for it
Busy at all times
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnsley, South Yorkshire22 November 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job is the people you ameet when you're there, however managament of the place since it seems a takeover has taken place seems to have gotten worse.
Pros
on site cafe
Cons
not feeling warranted
Fun work place
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Tankersley16 October 2018
Love working here. I work six am warslt two pm I enjoy the staff management are in full work force cheap food hours brill lovely people to work with I want to progress here.
Pros
Cheap food. Polite staff brill workmates
Sales Assistant Washington
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear4 October 2018
Worked 1 day and terrible supervisor has chip on shoulder talks to staff terrible and no organizations dont know how to run shop as staff here there and everywhere
Pros
Cons
To many t mention
Horrible management
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Corby, Northamptonshire15 September 2018
I was harassed and bullied by management. Very depressing place to work, and you’re usually over worked with no recognition what so ever. To the point I had to resign on the spot. Please avoid working here!
Pros
Most staff members are nice
Cons
Management are awful