Community Links Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Community Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds22 October 2018
A first class organisation. Really look after employees through regular supervision with good management and a there's a feeling that you could speak to anyone within the organisation (operational managers, Chief exec) if necessary.

Very well paid which is fair as it is demanding work, but overall one of the best mental health charities i've worked for.
Good company
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire25 August 2018
Learnt a lot, its now just my time to move on. Good team around me, supportive CEO, management at my particular place of work lacked authority. Loved the clients, wish we could offer them more.
Not fun
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  London30 January 2018
The environment as athe time I was there was there terrible.
The job culture is zero even there are diversity on paper not in the reality.
It is a cold environment
Pros
Not productive
amazing
Festival Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth27 January 2018
So much fun working with the festival line we get to hear all sorts of music and see lots of talents there's lots of community people there easy ticket line and reasonable prices and good stalled
Pros
fum
Cons
n.a
Open door manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London4 January 2018
I worked at community links for many years , I was an adviser in welfare benefits, debt , housing, I was triage and saw 5000+people per year, I helped a lot of people going that extra mile, I also helped people apply for their benefits and did Disability forms and PIP applications but I took redundancy as I was moving to Bournemouth, but would like to do some part time work.
Exiting
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Disley2 January 2018
Helpful staff when you have any problems with anything such as children, food, finding resources
Learn different techniques to work with different children
amazing workplace
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire25 September 2017
i loved working at community links the staff are very friendly and the customers were a pleasure to care for . i learnt how to care for peoples needs and how to look after customers in and outside the workplace
Pros
the feeling of being there for someone who has needs and making them smile
Cons
very tiring
Good part time work on an as and when basis
Sessional worker (Current Employee) –  Cardiff9 September 2017
A worthwhile job supporting vulnerable young people to access community facilities. A chance to help change young lives. The most enjoyable part being the relationships that you develop with the young people and their families.
Pros
work is fairly independent
Cons
low pay
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  flexible4 July 2017
It was a great experience, volunteering for a good , wider cause. impacting people on a weekly basis made me feel accomplished and gave me a sense of gratitude :)
Fantastic role and staff
Aftercare Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire28 November 2016
I enjoyed my time with the Community Links family, unfortunately i had to leave due to ill health. I worked independently with a fantastic group of clients, all actively seeking work and training; looking to move on in their lives.
Community Links
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds19 April 2016
When I worked for Community Links they offered a very generous salary compared to other companies with similar roles. They also offered generous holiday entitlement, and encouraged team building regularly.
Great Community Focused Organisation
Financial Inclusion Research Officer (Former Employee) –  South Lanarkshire23 June 2015
Community Links delivers innovative and effective consultation services to partner agencies and service providers to involve local members of the community in local decisions.
Outstanding job for the community
Contracts and Monitoring Co-ordinator (Current Employee) –  London, ENG24 May 2015
I started at this organisation as a Volunteer folding letters. I needed to give something back to the community and that was my opportunity. A couple of months later there was a job opportunity and I applied for it. This was the start of a rewarding job with excellent people at all levels. Progression and personal development was the paramount of this amazing journey.
Pros
Work/life balance
Good job, would benefit from opportunity to move up outside of direct management, ie specialist roles
COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH WORKER, (Current Employee) –  LEEDS, ENG26 February 2015
Community based work, can be a challenge meeting targets but support is available via team and managers. Good training and staff welfare budget. Learning the areas clients use and live in I found enjoyable
Pros
Training, Annual leave, Welfare budget
Cons
Uncertainty around funding
Busy environment
Senior Worker - Assertive Engagement Team (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom20 July 2014
Managed three services over three locations

Great opportunities for personal development and growth

Focus service on staff and wellbeing
Pros
further development, challenging
Cons
took work home, hard to switch off
Fun Workplace
Receptionist/Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, ENG29 May 2014
Tesco is a great place to work
I get on well with staff and customers
Pros
Keeping customers happy
young peoples worker
Youth and Community Worker (Former Employee) –  Newham, ENG7 January 2014
I have been working with venerable youth and young people for the last 7 years, working with youth teams in diverse roles, as a mentor, encouraging, and motivating young people; working with youth offending teams helping young offenders to not reoffend; working and running youth centres; and leading detached youth work teams.

I studied Youth Community and Informal Education at the YMCA George Williams College, and have a BA (Hons) Degree in Youth Community and Informal Education.

I have extensive experience working in deprived areas of East London focusing on reducing crime, and giving young people the tools and life skills they need to be positive young adults in society.

The knowledge and experience I have gained from both practical work experience, and my degree allows me to undertake the duties and responsibilities required of this position with fully confidence in my knowledge and abilities; and the vocational, placement based, real world, nature of my degree course has prepared me intellectually for this position.

I am punctual, presentable, and personable, with a good manner. Confident and comfortable working with challenging young people, from diverse and dysfunctional backgrounds; and place key health and safety issues in a working environment, and the welfare of young people, at the forefront off all my work.
great vibe
Personal advisor (Former Employee) –  Canning town12 September 2012
learned how to work on the work programme

Hardset part of the job was chasing job out comes
Pros
great job
Cons
traveling