Community Integrated Care Employee Reviews

Ex employer
Ex employee (Former Employee) –  Stranraer, Dumfries and Galloway16 April 2019
The manager of our care home was an egotistical condescending bully who wasnt interested in the staff and didn't even know their names or any of the residents. Staff on nightshift brilliant day shift gossiping back stabbers Lack of funding made the home look scruffy in places. Staff underpaid and VERY overworked holidays exceptionally hard to get..if at all..put me off being a carer ever again
Pros
Cons
Long hours underpaid not appreciated
Rewarding Career
Service Leader (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear9 April 2019
I have worked for the organisation for over 19 year, starting as a support worker and working myself up to service leader.
Over the last few years the organisation improved as a whole. Training and progression opportunity's have increased since our new chief executive has been appointed.
The organisation now focuses not only making a difference in the lives of the people we support but for our colleagues too. We have an excellent Onboarding and recruitment policy that really makes our new employee's feel part of the organisation. Investment in technology, electronic care plans and investment in our staff has really made me proud to be part of Community integrated care.
My manager is extremely supportive and have found senior managers very supportive in my role. The culture of the organisation has changed over the years and Community Integrated Care is an excellent place to work.
Pros
Careerprogression is available
Cons
can be stressful at times but support from colleagues is amazing
Avoid
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Sunderland24 March 2019
Horrible place to work. Too much is expected of you your worked like a dog from start of shift to end of shift. Senior dishes out orders and pulls everyone to bits. then just sits and does nothing. Never worked In a place so bad avoid this company there are much better places to work than this place!
Pros
Service users
Cons
Overworked poor pay
Avoid at all costs!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Sunderland, Tyne and Wear18 March 2019
Bullying by senior managers. Blame culture, no support & very uncaring. Not bothered who they employ as long as they fill the posts. Staff leaving all the time....surprise surprise!! HQ in Widnes seem to believe everything is wonderful well they really need to open their eyes. Staff are afraid to speak up for fear of reprisal.
Pros
I don't work there anymore.
Cons
Everything you could possibly think of!
Management not great
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Scotland10 March 2019
Gave everything to the job and the service users pity the manager didn't comply with this. Complete lack of knowledge, awareness and care for the service users, the service and especially the staff. Pretty much left to your own devices and expected to run the service on minimum wage and overly long hours. We don't do this job for the money but you need the support and help which was never forthcoming.
Pros
Service users
Cons
Hours, wage, expectations from above of you
Enjoyable
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Invergordon, Highland6 March 2019
I work in a small team and i enjoy how close and helpful everyone is. Management so far have been really kind and helpful. The salary could be better but to me its better than nothing haha. And i really feel im making a difference in someones life by supporting them.
Pros
Small team
Rewarding Job!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Charnwood Lodge Care Home, Dumfries28 February 2019
I have worked here for over a year and find it an extremely rewarding place to work, the residents are lovely and are treated with the HIGHEST regard and dignity.
Staff are very easy going and professional, always accommodating holidays and requested time off, the home is clean and the food supplied is very tasty and nutritious
Friendly, workplace. The right values run through everything they do!
Regional Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh28 February 2019
I have worked in social care for 16 years and have worked for many organisations. Community Integrated Care are by far the best organisation I have worked for. The values the organisation have are spot on and align with my own. The 5 year strategy the organisation has recently launched means we are all working together to achieve the right things for the people we support. The people we support are at the centre of everything we do and front line staff are valued and recognised for all their hard work (We Dare Awards, Employee of the month, length of service recognition, wellbeing fund and employee benefits programme). I work with a great team and have a wonderful line manager. I really enjoy working here!
Busy, challenging, but above all, satisfying.
Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Scotland27 February 2019
I work in an office based role and any typical day is extremely busy if I am to fit in everything that needs done. This suits me as I like to keep busy.

My line manager is marvellous and promotes the sort of positive, professional, open and honest culture that Community Integrated Care strives for and that I like to work in.

I am part of a remote team, in that we all work on our own but as a team in different services so we can support each other by telephone/skype/email or in person where needed.

The hardest part of my job is managing to fit everything in. I need excellent time management skills to keep everything up to the standard I like and sometimes this can be a little stressful, but as long as I put my heart and soul into it, it can all be fitted in.

I find this constant problem solving challenge the most enjoyable part of the job. I can see where my work fits in to the number one goal of improving the lives of the people we support, and the harder I work to support the team at my service, the more progress I see. This is very satisfying.
Pros
Very satisfying work.
Cons
No time for socialising with other staff.
Lovely service users awful management
Support Worker (Bank) (Current Employee) –  Liverpool19 February 2019
Overly long hours, consistently expected to work understaffed, endangering staff/service users, extremely poor management staff left to do everything on their own with little support, the amount of responsibility staff have to take on is not reflected in the pay while managers are almost always impossible to get hold of. Forced to travel miles out of your way for repetitive training that does not relate to your job half the time
Good company
Carer (Former Employee) –  Hartlepool17 February 2019
Worked up the ranks within CIC to were I am today. Enjoyed my time with them all13 years
Started as a bank worker and has a good manager and a fabulous senior team who encouraged me to work my way up to manager
Pros
Nice team
Good job, bad management
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh15 February 2019
Great team, terrible, absent management.
Support workers expected to pick up the slack
Far too much responsibility considering the salary/training provided
Official response from Community Integrated Care
28 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We welcome all feedback from colleagues past and present and would like to ensure that your review helps us to improve the experience of our colleagues in the future. We regret to hear of the various challenges you have stated as this doesn’t reflect our organisational ethos or values.

We pride ourselves on being a caring employer, and operate an open door policy therefore would encourage you to speak to your Regional Manager and local HR Team to discuss your concerns.

Avoid this employer
Support worker full time (Current Employee) –  Nottingham12 February 2019
Worst employer I've worked for. No support while doing this role.. Expected to use your own car and fuel to pick up and drop off service users.. You can ring and text the manager and you still get no reply, always complaining about her workload why she can't ring or text you back.. Do not waste your time!!!
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Supportive and Inclusive
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  East Midlands Airport, Leicestershire29 January 2019
I absolutely love coming to work here! My team is amazing - they take time to understand each other, offer support and continuously improve! My manager has helped me to develop my skills and always encourages & motivates me to do my best. It's truly incredible to see the wonderful work our people do everyday to support people to live their best lives!
Lovely place to work
Support worker (Current Employee) –  East Midlands27 January 2019
I have worked for cic for 7 months now and I have had a wonderful experience from the get go. My service is fantastic and everyone has been very welcoming and still to this day staff will ask if I need any help with anything. As a whole I do not get in to the politics of the company. Work life balance is fantastic and staff are always willing to swap shifts.My service is warm welcoming, and like a second home. If you have got the support from your service leader, senior and your team then your winning all the way. Its the best choice I have made in my 9 years in care/ support.
Pros
Car parking facilities, good location, good hours, good pay
Cons
No con for me
Terrible company, bullying and blame culture
Support Worker (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Tyne and Wear6 January 2019
Well where do i start. Possibly the worst care company going, I have worked for this company for 10 years with no progression, the management is appalling with no communication skills, treat staff disgusting, bully and blame staff for managements mistakes, the company is well known for corporate bullying as they like to discipline staff for just about anything, most of it could be sorted in house, but no they like to make the staff feel worthless, pay is terrible, minimum wage, no incentives like bank holiday double time, now we have staff on old contracts who get double time bank holidays, and new staff who get single time, “equality comes to mind”. There is no integrity in the company lying and deceit is common practice. If you like to be treated like dirt then this is the company for you. The only perks are the residents and some of the staff that have just about had their fill of this company’s rubbish.
Pros
Residents
Cons
Poor management, terrible pay
Previous employee (Former Employee) –  North West2 December 2018
Good team culture
Focus on specific regions over others
A lot of micromanagement
No CPD
Not many opportunities for progress
There is still a lot of organisational politics at senior management level
Poor company poor management
Support Worker/Carer (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire25 November 2018
Very poor company to work for, a bully culture that comes from above, still have the idea of if you don't like it leave we will get someone else. Whistle blowers are frowned upon and made to feel its their fault. If you are looking to come into this very rewarding career then please either try agency first or another company, there are better but not many worse.
Pros
The people we support
Cons
Poor pay very poor management
lovely place to work
PAYROLL OFFICER/ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Widnes, Cheshire10 November 2018
As administrator inputting details, payroll.
No hard part
Management great
Just being there very one so helpful and friendly

I cannot think of anything else all I can say I would go back there tomorrow if there was a vacancy,
Good Team Work & Support
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow8 November 2018
Great support from Management and peer Colleagues. I really enjoy working with individuals who I support and trying out new and different activities. I get to see my Line Manager on a weekly basis who is great for providing support.
Pros
Good team work enables us to get the job done.
Cons
Difficult seeing someone i support health deteriorate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Integrated Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9