Play YouTube video button

Community Integrated Care Employee Reviews

United Kingdom262 reviews
Featured review
Community Integrated Care selected this as a representative review
This company works hard to drive quality up and present the best results, Inspections are carried out regularly with achievable goals set as the end result. Plenty of room for progression with hard work .
10 February 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment. Quality and continuous improvement are so important to us and the lives of the people we support, we are thrilled that this is reflected in your comments and is a key part of your experience working with us. Thank you for everything you have done to help us improve!
Management are unprofessional with no leadership skills. Constantly ignored by management through email, only reply when they want to. No staff recognition at all and wages are always messed up having to contact payroll to sort it out. Only good thing is the people supported, they are so grateful of your support and seem to be the only ones who appreciate you along with their family who have also passed comment on how bad the company is, which says a lot!!
Pros
Great service users
Cons
The company is rubbish
As in all care work settings it really depends on your cluster or the specific residence you work in. Management of this company is very much hit and miss and I was also informed - incorrectly - that I didn’t qualify for SSP. CIC just didn’t want to pay it. Disappointing.
Pros
Not many
Cons
Many
Good experience well supported and varied duties of presonal care .documenting care plans ,assisting with meals ,social inclusion of service users,being made to feel part of a family.plenty of training and life and death experiences
I had the opportunity to discover in CIC the important job that they are doing with the people that they (We) support. I have learnt and develop myself with a lot of new skills for example, paperwork, medication, daily routine and how to attent every special need for every client. I am really happy to belong ti this company for the last year and 6 months. My team is commited and responsable, always there for give you a hand or support you anytime.
Not proffessional . Management bully staff and make.some of their work life miserable. A lot of staff leave due to stressful work loads . Worst social.care company by far.
Joined CIC after some less than positive experiences at work and it has been a breath of fresh air. There have been set backs and difficulties outside of anyones control but the company have continued to meet their responsibilities and treat staff well.
Management are professional and fair. Colleagues generally friendly and decent. Pay and conditions could be better.
This company will always steal your money intentionally, they will prevent to be looking into it till you forget about it, older staffs intimidating new ones. Staffs always being encourage to snitch on each other.the company always not paying the right amount of money which will be about two hundred fifty every month short is very constant and usual practise.i worked for this company at Griffin lodge, it was a
Basically, You are employed by CIC, to be a Support Worker, to SUPPORT people, but then if you need the support, you get little and even no Support from higher up, and this speaks volumes about the employer.

It could be different in other services.. Who knows?
You are expected to do maximum work for minimum wage. Always understaffed and expected to deal with it, the company seem to employ younger staff as they are cheaper plus if they have no experience they are just a body and are not able to support.
Most of the managers are very understanding of personal circumstances, work life balance and are reasonable however others are not.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Community Integrated Care?
C-i-c are a great company to work for, im new in my job role but my manager and the management team above have been very supportive. The way they have supported all colleagues while covid 19 is around is amazing, little incentives to all staff to let them know that each and everyone one of us is valued, by far the best company I've worked for would highly recommend to anyone I can't speak highly enough.
To care for service users, to follow the care plan, interact with service users, crafts, games, going on outings. I learnt to listen to the service users, and their needs, Management not helpful, no support. Long hours.The most enjoyable part of the job was caring for the service users, and making a difference to their lives.
One of the best jobs I've ever had. Only drawback is poor pay and disorganised management. Long shifts and normally always overtime going unless the manager over recruits.
Working for community integrated care opened up many opportunities for me and I was able to progress within the company. I left because I had no work life balance and was in a position at the time where I felt the company didn't support me with this especially given the circumstances.
I have worked in Health and Social Care for many years starting as a support worker with local authority and then for a different charity.
Community Integrated Care is by far the best. I have been made so welcome on all levels.

Training and opportunities are very good.

Management and procedures are excellent.

A fantastic culture making everyone feel included and valued.

Fantastic systems made available to everyone that needs them, it makes sense and supports the way we work.

Fantastic examples of assistive technology.

Enjoying every minute of everyday.

Innovative.

Fantastic values and strategies.

Daring - Bold and adventurous.

If you are considering applying for a position with Community Integrated Care, then I would strongly recommend it.
Worked here 2 years ago, underpay, poor management, the only bonus of the job is the people you care for. They have you doing everything and working 70 hours a week
I have worked for cic nearly 4 years since they took over from nhs, at first they were a few teething problems but soon got sorted out, we have a good team and support each other well which in turn is good for the people we support, luckily we have good management that listen and support you when needed, I couldn’t imagine me ever wanting to work anywhere else,
The management can't make rotas work and struggle to keep their employees paid the correct amount. They fail to ensure rotas being sent out at the correct time and refuse to make changes for emergency situations.
I work in the Yorkshire region the manager and seniors don't care at all about your mental health at all they just employ kids with not much experience to be seniors it's a disgrace
10 March 2020
Thank you for letting us know about your experience working with us. The health and wellbeing of our colleagues is hugely important to us. We have a number of facilities available to provide support to our people - our Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) is a confidential service to all colleagues which can provide advice and support for personal, work, family, daily living, and life events. Our wellbeing fund aims to provides financial support to colleagues. Our last Roadshow rollout focussed on Mental Health and Wellbeing and support for encouraging open conversations.
We are really sorry that these options weren't made available to you, mental health and wellbeing is high on our agenda and we are going to continue to work on this to ensure that all colleagues receive the support they need from us.

It would be really helpful if you could send through more details so that we can pick this up and ensure we are providing the right support - we'd be grateful if you could please email Speak.Out@c-i-c.co.uk. We'd be happy to chat this through with you as well if you'd rather.
Very understaffed. Training is all online so I feel this doesn’t work well for a care company as I believe training should be physically taught.

Clicks are formed in all houses and hard to progress as they seem to not want you to
10 March 2020
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences working with us. Every one of our colleagues is essential to providing quality care and support, we are so sorry that you weren't made to feel welcome and valued.
We have made some significant changes to the way we enable learning across the organisation. Some of our courses are now delivered by e-learning but we absolutely recognise the importance of face to face delivery, especially for practical courses such as First Aid and Moving and Positioning (amongst others) and we continue to deliver these in facilitator led sessions.

We are constantly working to improve for our colleagues and the individuals we support and would love to have the opportunity to show you we can do better. We would like to hear more from you about your experiences so that we can work with leaders to ensure all of our colleagues feel valued and part of the team. We would be really grateful if you could provide more information to Speak.Out@c-i-c.co.uk.
One member of staff who worked at my residential home openly stated they hated the two the service users we supported... In front of them and in a harsher way that I've stated. She then went on to be promoted, it seems you don't move up in this company if you don't 'brown nose'. I reported the issue and instead of action being taken they gave the member of staff an off the record heads up which then resulted in them making up issues and dragging my name through the dirt. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone as on paper they are amazing but in person they are terrible, very 'clicky' and if you don't 'brown nose' you're probably going to get bullied. You get no extra money for working 14hr shifts on Christmas day but are expected to do it nonetheless and if you're one of the unlucky ones you're probably going to be put down on the sleep too.
10 March 2020
We are so sorry this was your experience, you've raised some really concerning issues that we need to look in to, can you please contact our whistleblowing hotline on 01514225399, text 07568130475, or email speak.out@c-i-c.co.uk? All methods are completely secure and confidential - safe practice is everyone's responsibility.
Thank you for taking the time to highlight your concerns, we hope that we'll hear from you soon so that we can properly investigate and deal with this.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Community Integrated Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7