Communisis

United Kingdom48 reviews
busy days
learned from others

management not structured
hardest part of the job is the self training. You need to work out yourself what to do.
There is no guide or process documentation.
Supportive management, a great team to work with across all sites. The job is what you make of it and success is rewarded accordingly. Would recommend to anyone
They work you hard, management don’t respect what you do.

Management only care about themselves.

You have to be in the inner circle to get promoted.

They expect you to deliver everything and not pay you the industry rate
Management don't care about staff or anything that doesn't affect them.
Double standards , favouriteism , they won't offer anyone a contract on the machines or warehouse staff... But they'll give permanent jobs to office staff that don't even do anything.

Managers are on a silly wage and do nothing , they make you work like dogs.

Management attitude stinks.agency staff get treated horrible. There's no one that will lisyor cares they walk around like they know what they doing but they just winging it.

They look down at you.

Agency staff favour management.they bully you.. horrible place to work.
this work place is like a concentration camp.it is full of east europeans mostly polish who all speak in polish so me being english you have no idea what there saying.The management are a bunch of slave drivers supervisiors and management are there for one thing to cause stress to english people only. This firm took over from HSBC bank from which i came they have driven english people and especially EX HSBC bank staff
from the company they only promote east europeans the whole structure of this work place is really bad they also lie to there customers they hide work which is behind it's processing date when HSBC do a site visit the work is hidden in the warehouse on pallets put up on the top shelves so that the visitors never see it a shambles of a company
Communisis were not a pleasant company to work for. Management had no idea of the work involved. They caused low morale. Blamed staff for their incompetence.
Communisis / OSG is a bad place to work, avoid this place not worth it.

A very senior manager was a bully to other the staff and in my time most of my team are leave due to this person.

This place should be investigated by some government body.
I didn't enjoy working here at all. The management was very poor.
The salary and wage rises were very poor as well.. I'd avoid this company at all costs.. Not a good company to work for at all.
Productive and fun workplace - Good benefits that are available to pay via salary sacrifice, good management, happy environment and good work ethic from everybody
The management make decisions and claim to notify you but make decisions about your own career without informing you. This company have also been known to develop pointless reasons to give you punishment in order to assert their dominance and control.

It's really unusual and overkill as most employees are way too good for that company.

They also lie to actual clients such as nationwide about decisions to their systems and SLA's which I'm sure is illegal but they all laugh about it like a running joke.

Wouldn't recommend working here unless you are a contractor but good luck because they are money careful even though they are heavily understaffed.
Most people who work here are fine if your face doesn’t fit with the management you will be treat like rubbish. The management are very lazy passing all work on to anyone they can. You will not be trained up to do anything you are asked to do you will be asked to do thing that are never unsafe no one cares if your life is out in danger.
Pros
Cons
Bad wages bad management
The management are a law unto themselves. Complaints from staff are brushed aside unless passed directly to a higher level. Staff members forced out by squeezing the rules tight on some but being lax on others.
Terrible work ethic.

Management have set themselves apart from the workforce like aristocrats above peasants.

Backstabbing is rife even between colleagues who are made to distrust one another by constant management failures.

Avoid at all costs
Pros
Cons
nothing
The days are varied and you never know how it will pan out.
Lots of decision making. You are almost an account manager and not an account executive.

The best part of the job is that you are left to manage your own work time and not constantly monitored.

The least favourite part is that you are often under appreciated.
Pros
Bupa health care
Cons
Often given too much responsibility and work
Management for the role of Central Support Executive is immature, unapproachable.
I have witnessed management insult, make fun of and show utter un-professionalism in dealing with errors made by workers.
Pros
Cons
working there
It's difficult to comment on the training as there wasn't any! There was a clear lack of direction and leadership. Everyone is micromanaged and you have to account for every hour of your day. If you like your own freedom to be creative, productive and influence, develop and grow your team this isn't the company for you!
Pros
Good salary, team were great but downtrodden and demotivated
Cons
Poor Management, lack of training, untidy dirty office
No one in there speaks a word of English and they all talk in polish which is quite rude because you don't know what there talking about. Everyone in there takes themselves far too seriously. It's full of grasses and back stabbers trying to get a leg up. I wouldn't work there again. It's like ground hog day and everyone in there looks like a zombie.
Pros
Cons
Bad working environment full of rude people
My role involved taking briefs from client services for transactional mailing campaigns which had to despatch by law on a set date. Asking probing questions to enable me to schedule a large campaign and identify the milestones from receipt of data and artwork to final despatch. Using the resources efficiently and using running speeds of 80% of the optimum and allowing for breaks and shift changeovers a realistic schedule was produced for customer approval. If the proposal was rejected there were other things I could use like running the campaign on a second machine for a night shift and put on overtime at week-ends subject to the customer agreeing to pay for the labour which I calculated and supplied to customer services. I learned that communication and flexibility were paramount in this industry and to always have a back-up plan to provide a solution to any unforeseen problem. Working closely with the Production Management team and briefing them verbally and in writing I was able to give them full details so they understood the task. The hardest part of the job was when the plan was not adhered to and I had to take remedial action to bring the campaign back on track. The rewarding part of the job was to see a campaign flow through the production process and complete on time and occasionally receive thanks form the customer we had delighted through a team effort.
Pros
Good facilities and a friendly working environment
Cons
Conflict from different changes occurring at one time which could undermine an agreed plan
Communisis do train well and are a good company to work for. They do use a lot of agency staff which do not under stand our language so can be harder to work with. Management are fair. They did a lot of redundancies which is why I left.
Pros
fair working
Cons
Shifts
My duties included the print management for clients accounts with communisis, looking after their stock and ordering new print orders when required. offering advice to clients to either increase or decrease orders. sending weekly reports to clients with a remove of their stock for monitoring purposes. Also carrying out monthly invoicing for clients.
What i learned was how to be am account manager in the 10 months i was their what is required and to be number 1 in this customer service. Maintaining contact and having a great relationship with your clients is a must. Working with other team members learning from them utilising their knowledge of the business and to use this in your daily routine.

Hardest part of the job/role was the lack of training, none given, just sitting with someone to learn what they did for couple of hours, then they you go get on with it. so you have to effective teach yourself how to work in this environment and company.

I really enjoyed my time at communisis and it was a learning curve, i have no regrets about doing this job all.
Pros
great working life balance work and home as mon to fri 9 to 5
Cons
lack of training
I didnt enjoy working there at all !!!! I Was working as data processor administrator. The place is very chaotic. Training is very bad. People dont have time explaining you everything in details and are not very helpfull.Lots of gossip in the office. Management is bad as well. Very disorganised. You are not allowed to eat at your desk and you can only take one break.No chance for career progression. I would avoid this company !
Pros
I dont see any pros
Cons
Only one break
I,am being made redundant on the 11th March
The management are very good
My co-workers are team players
There are no hard parts to the job

I have learned to be a team player