Come Shine With Me

Come Shine With Me Employee Reviews

United Kingdom13 reviews
Pretty good company to work for. Owners are fairly easy to get on with, high standard cleaning supplies are always well stocked and they are happy to provide a full cleaning kit including brand new hoovers (not for keepsies though)

Improvements areas:

Don't currently pay between off site jobs and 45mins unpaid between each job, could end up out 9-5 and only getting paid for 5/6 hours or so.

Very few shifts currently available (this isn't uncommon during these winter months hopefully will pick up towards the summer)

Too many WhatsApp groups gets confusing on where to get info.

Things to keep:

Strong liaison with staff

Wages paid higher than minimum wage

Approachability and keen to keep stocks / supplies in check. Always have the right tools and willing to supply anything you need as long as you have good reason.

Listened to staff feedback and implemented electronic calender updates when requested.
28 May 2020
Hi thank you for the great review, Bacton in Norfolk is a fairly new area for us, it will take time for us to build up clients making those jobs closer together is only a matter of time and something we are working on improving, in our other areas the average travel time is between 3 - 5 mins between jobs. You should only be on one whatsapp group so if you have a chat with your manager he/she will direct you accordingly. Thanks again for taking the time to give us this much valued feedback.
Perfect for students that would enjoy cleaning. The job is enjoyable and hours are very reasonable, especially if you are studying. The team that you work with are all very pleasant and nice to work alongside. Can be very physically demanding at times
Pros
Good hours. Positive work environment.
Cons
Physically demanding.
I've worked for this company almost 2 years and can honestly say I love it, the manager's are always helpful and understanding of family needs and flexibility even at short notice. The other girls/guys I work with are fantastic, whenever I've needed help either on a professional or personal level I've always received it. As an added bonus we have a staff room with free coffee supplied that's central to most jobs. Weekly paid on-time with no trouble and always accurate.
Pros
Flexibility and reliable
Cons
Physically demanding job
28 May 2020
Thanks for a great review, I see you are taking us up on our free coffee, hot chocolate and tea. We love to try and give our teams that little bit extra.
I really like the flexibility of the job and louise always tries her best to tailor the hours to suit where she can.
we currently have a great team working here and we all get on really well. we have a great support network both with the other managers and other staff, so when problems do arise there is always someone to help. i really enjoy working here and would highly reccomend.
28 May 2020
Great review, thank you. We will pass on your praise to Louise whom I am sure will appreciate the lovely comments made here.
I’m currently working for come shine with me covering Billericay area and it really is a great company to work for excellent management always there to help when needed, great rates of pay, great team members everyone is so friendly, helpful and welcoming, it’s a very well organised team and great to work for.
28 May 2020
Thank you for a great review. The management team almost works as hard as the cleaning teams so its great to hear the praise thank you.
been Working for come shine with me for few months now and it’s been a great experience , can’t complain about anything . Great company good managers would recommend
28 May 2020
Thanks for the great review its great you have nothing to complain about, but please let the management team know if there is ever anything we can do to make work better for you.
I find this is a great company to work for. Communication is good and paid every Friday. Flexible with hours where can be. Managers friendly and approachable
28 May 2020
Thank you for the great review, when we set up the payment system we decided to pay everyone weekly, even though some clients pay monthly we thought that it would be more beneficially to our teams to be paid as quickly as possible.
I currently work for come shine with me and I can honestly say it is one of the best company I have worked for,
Good rates of pay

Excellent management

Job feed back

Excellent job system

For time to time jobs will be changed but it is always well communicated in advance.This company cares about there team members and clients
6 March 2020
Wow thats a great review from one of our Leigh on Sea team, we do care about our staff and clients, we want you all to be happy, thank you for a great review.
I started did my training got told I'd be paid, never did so owner of business got their down stairs cleaned for free!! First day on the job had lots of issues of where we were meant to be, then running behind so then rushing. Awful company, too many rules as who to ring if you have problems, managers as someone else said can be rather rude and come across unprofessional and aggressive
19 February 2020
I do not know who this is but this is totally untrue, we always pay our staff, so whomever you are please get in touch so this can be resolved.
There are sometimes issues regarding moving jobs around as with any cleaning company covering sickness or last minute bookings so I cannot dismiss this but would also say that this is part of being a good cleaner, being able to adapt to a change in schedule is essential.

Running behind? This is why we have procedures to make sure this does not happen and if it does there is always a manager on hand to help guide our staff through the day.

Please get in touch.
Very impressed with how professional this company operates, from their communication to their organisation, everything flows smoothly and they advertise well for work in the areas covered. The directors are personable and easy to communicate with.
6 March 2020
Thank you so much for your great review, we are happy that you like the company it means a lot to us.
Unorganised with work schedules, they often change without much notice, says they’re flexible with hours but aren’t and managers speak to staff awfully.
6 March 2020
I disagree with your statement purely due to the fact we have over 50 staff members working 1,000's of hours a month, the scheduling is automated and is only manually changed due to staff sickness or holidays. I agree they can change without notice due to sickness however this does not affect the hours you work or the amount of work you have to undertake so should not have an impact on your day as management schedule and arrange this for you. As a manager I would disagree with your statement and know this is not how our team feel as a whole.
Good hours offered and a learning experience.
Offered me the opportunity to increase my experience in a fast paced working environment and to work as part of a team.
6 March 2020
I think someone has got the wrong company here as we are not a car wash in Fife, but thank you for the great review.
staff good management Appalling the lady is lovely but the man is rude and likes to intimidate women and he is very aggressive when he is challenged regarding work issues .and There is no organisation with the supervisor either.
Pros
Work team friendly
6 March 2020
We are sorry you feel you had this experience, this is not how our staff as a whole feel and we have not been informed of any such behaviour.
Thank you for your feedback.