Collins Aerospace Employee Reviews

Found 91 reviews matching the search See all 2,396 reviews
Fun workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Birmingham8 October 2019
Was work experience, was fun and I got to work with high up corporate bosses at a young age doing tasks based around IT. It was obviously unpaid but the experience I gained from it was incredible.
N/a
Aircraft Fitter (Current Employee) –  Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire22 September 2019
Good place to worked for on day to day basis.get some trainings attended from safety of work and etc..time management are well.the people are sociable and friendly.even though time allowance for the job are tough but still manage to finish it as early as possible and as part of it team building is important.
Comfortable work environment.
Senior Engineer, Configuration (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire2 September 2019
Work was varied. Had the right amount of working hours. Learnt another CAD platform. Good holiday plan with pension scheme. Had a fair assessment with comfortable work environment. Good ethics and business policies.
Good team to work with
HS&E Manager (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 June 2019
lots of pressure and highest quility required. Bullying management in production. Older workforce, resistant to change. Getting changes done. Learnt alot about 5S and lean manufacturing principles
Hostile
A DOWN TRODDEN HUMAN (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton28 May 2019
Not even a number or a piece of meat. Employees are an inconvenience and not a valued asset. The Boeing 737 max incident springs to mind with the similar attitude and culture of the way the facility has gone. Good people are made to feel unwelome and replaced with cheap zombies. Glad to go, thanks for the pay off.
Pros
Non, they had all been eroded.
Cons
A good pay off
Aggressive Approach from the Top
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands13 May 2019
Change of senior management 18 months ago led to multiple managers and others leaving . Direction was completely different. Style and approach to situations by senior management was humiliating in front of others when trying to solve problems, you could taste the fear in meetings. Bottom line was the business was making good profit at Marston so corporate bosses over in States were turning a blind eye as to how we got there. It's a shame a lot of good people with vast experience were let go, majority were hard working and honest too. Many have not been replaced so pressure is so intense on those that are left. This is why I left myself.
Pros
Flexible hours, good honest workers ( those that are left)
Cons
Aggressive style of new senior management
Overall its a good place to work but....
Principal Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton25 April 2019
Current lack of work means there are limitations of interesting projects and tasks to work on and job insecurity (many recent redundancies)..............
Pros
good salary and benefits
Cons
Job insecurity (many recent redundancies)
Good Place to work
Mechanical Apprenticeship (Former Employee) –  Leighton Buzzard5 April 2019
The workforce were friendly and good to work with. Management were a bit unorganised but it was an enjoyable job. I learned a lot working there........
over worked and under appreciated
wheels (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire28 March 2019
The potential to earn a good wage is good but basic wage is poor so unless your willing to do"a lot" of overtime to make up for it don't bother applying
Busy
Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands20 March 2019
Cannot review atm as I am still here
But they have a fast turn around of staffing.
Very high in managers who come from all areas.
Very pressurised from peers to complete tasks on time.
Fantastic place to work
Fitter / Tester (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands15 March 2019
Fantastic place to work, money is incredible, people are great. just a shame that they hire and get rid of contractors regularly. Everything else is pretty good to work for them
Pros
salary
Cons
job security
No consistancy
Skivy (Current Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire2 March 2019
This company is the worst run business I have ever been involved in. Here is why....

1. SLT give perks to certain individuals but not others performing to a similar if not superior standard
2. People who are underperforming have been given Directorship promotions and our running the business in to the ground..
3. There is no accountability. The SLT teams approach is to put additional work load on those who are performing rather than having difficult conversations with those who are u underperforming.
4. SLT offering promotions to friends rather than suitable candidates.
5. No scrambled eggs in the canteen on Fridays
Pros
If you are lazy and dont want to work but get paid. Come here
Cons
If you re not lazy you will be busy doing the work of those who are (95% of workforce)
Poor management and lack of development
Product Cost Optimization Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire10 February 2019
A350 Galley program has a lot of good people working on the project, but the lack of engineering control makes working there very difficult. Lack of management within the teams and therefore poor development of the teams. HR do not do enough to retain staff and hiring policy is not structured enough to hire the right people. Short-term thinking from the company no long-term plan to fix the route causes of the organisation.
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
Lack of development and training
An interesting place to work
Quality Administrator (Former Employee) –  Goodrich30 December 2018
During my time with UTC, I recall countless opportunities arising allowing me to discover and take on board tasks I would have otherwise missed the chance to explore, which enhanced certain experiences aiding growth and further development within the organisation.

Due to the nature of work involved, I liaised with business associates and work colleagues from around the world further developing a deeper understanding of cultural barriers and differences which broadened and improved my communication skills.

Things don't always run smoothly or according to the blue print we set in our minds, but this was eased knowing I could take comfort in voicing my concerns, trusting my line manager to listen openly with no judgement and then work through the subject I stumbled upon, providing the necessary support to resolve issues in a gentle, confidential and considerate manner.

Being an outgoing and friendly person along with a professional attitude, I've always found it easy to get along with a diverse range of individuals regardless of position within the company, guess that is where adaptability, appreciation and acknowledgement of other peoples strengths and learnt experiences comes into play.

Busy office environments can be highly demanding. It requires capacity to focus, coupled with attention to detail which I found hard as a new comer, but not impossible once I got into the swing of things. All became easier to maintain a level head in my approach to fulfilling my duties.

Learning new aspects of the job and being able to utilize them accordingly made things interesting
  more... and where possible these new activities were improved to make working more efficient and effective for the entire team. Needless to say the group outings and togetherness was great to be apart of.  less
Multinational Environment
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire11 December 2018
Relaxed environment, with activities that help people to relax. The senior management is not following the latest project management practices which may cause problems in the future.
Un-organised
Mechanical Fitter (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands24 October 2018
Got through the interview and nearly a month later all passed through security checks - 2 days left of my notice at current place and i get a phone call to say there has been a recruitment freeze and my position is lost. Terrible planning and organisation
good company
Production operator (Former Employee) –  Kilkeel2 October 2018
great company to work for, great environment, ethics, benefits holidays and very well paid. Management make sure everyone is well trained with constant training and opportunities provided
No atmosphere
Inspection Engineer (Current Employee) –  Leighton Buzzard26 September 2018
Job Security isn't safe. not a nice place to work. there is no place for progression. No Communication from management, this place has lost its atmosphere
Pros
early finish Friday 12pm
Cons
people asked to much of them
Exciting Company to Work for...
Business & Commercial Manager (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex21 September 2018
Exciting and innovative company to Work for, keen on investing in talent.

Relaxed office environment with a flat hierarchy, promoting engagement at all levels.
Overall been a good place to work
Senior technicion (Current Employee) –  Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire16 July 2018
Typical shift would be all work is pre laid out take the next job set and prove out.All my work knalage was taught on site.Most enjoyable people around you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Collins Aerospace. Our community is ready to answer.