Cohens Chemist Employee Reviews

Flexible hours
Delivery Driver (part-time) (Current Employee) –  Lancashire1 May 2018
Flexibility in what I do. Love driving and interacting with clients/customers. Variety in what is done every day. Offering a service to some terminally ill patients
Pros
Discount
Avoid !
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Lostock, Bolton17 March 2018
Unless you are muslim you arent treated right, they get extra breaks and allowed to go to the mosque / prayer room whenever they want and it's paid. You are treated like dirt compared to them.
Pros
Cons
You need to be muslim
I loved working here
Qualified Medicines Counter Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warrington15 March 2018
In loved working here recently left as I needed to work more hours worst decision I made, I was welcomed into the Warrington branch family and still have good friends there, my managers were brilliant with me and consider my friends and always will.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Couldn't get more hours as none available
Avoid
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 February 2018
Full of promises no progression within the company poor pay long hours really poor management no one to help with learning the job treated poorly long hoisted
Pros
Cons
Long hours no support
Great local chemist.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Harrogate, North Yorkshire9 February 2018
Great local chemist to work for part time. Great shop team who give a first clas service to the customers. The prescription collection and delivery service is excellent with a good team of loyal drivers who take pride in customer relations.
Onwards and upwards.
Estates Manager (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester29 January 2018
Company has gone through some management restructuring to place itself in a better place.

Company is driving change for the better, focusing on delivering results and taking care of its customers to be in a strong position in its market place.

Management is approachable and keep you informed.

Work life balance for me works, company has been flexible in child care arrangements.

Company rewards those that put in the effort.
Overall good
Pharmacy Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester6 December 2017
Great company to. Work for however event changes to management structure have raised a cause for concern with more of a focus on getting services done at any cost
Pros
Local community pharmacy
Good workplace
Driver (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester1 September 2017
I have enjoyed working for the company for the short time I have been there. I enjoy driving for the director in good cars and the staff are good to work with.

However, the driving hours are very erratic and spasmodic, with little or no warning. I am prepared for this.

I feel that I have been badly let down by a recent decision to cut my hours by half and particularly because I am required to be on call all week for a mere ten hours actual work. There is no "no call" allowance.
Pros
Good relationship with boss and staff. Suitable working hours. Pleasant company to work for.
Cons
Job recently reduced from 20 hours to 10 hours per week. Job security unreliable
Worst place I have ever worked
QA (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester25 August 2017
Terrible management and terrible culture. Those who show initiative and drive to succeed in their roles get beaten with metaphorical sticks due to management insecurity. All management have been promoted beyond their competency and dislike anyone who shows a bit of competency, horrendous place, would not work here if they paid me £100k per year.
Pros
No weekend work
Cons
Bully culture
Awful Company
Dispencer (Current Employee) –  East Riding of Yorkshire4 August 2017
New to this company but won't be staying once I've found a new job.
Manager went behind my back and when I challenged him, he told me it was the Area Managers decision. So basically they both went behind my back.
Management are brainwashed into thinking they are indispensable but Cohens would brush them aside if they weren't needed.
They are only bothered about the younger members. Clearly age and experience doesn't count for anything.
Managers ethos is... if you don't like it, there's the door!
Pros
Cons
Not bothered about staff
Awful company with even worse management
Dispensing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Cheshire15 May 2017
Management is just a title given to people for the sake of it. None know how to do their jobs or care for their staff. Area managers and head office not interested in store problems and only focus on money. Staff are not cared about or for with terrible pay. Shifts are long and unsocialble and constantly changing. Deal with it or leave is their attitude. No recognition or thanks for a good job but plenty of belittling and contradicting.

Not a company to be associated with. Will quickly stab you in the back and ignore all the times you've helped them out.

Terrible. Just... don't.
good starting place
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston30 March 2017
I did have a few little jobs before this but this was my first proper job.. made a lot of new friends and learnt a lot about stock control and serving customers.
Pros
learnt alot
Cons
bad area
No motivation
Dispenser (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester16 March 2017
Very poor company to work for when I first started lots of bonuses on offer now none poor management and staff not appreciated very high turnover off staff
Pros
Great staff
Branch Pharmacist/Manager awful/company poor
Trainee Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boston Spa8 February 2017
Worked for these for 6 month and was the worst 6 month of my life. Pharmacist/manager awful man, company not much better. High turnover of staff due to the way your treat!.... Like a dog basically! Long hours, shop very busy, salary not great, no proper training. I would avoid at all costs!
Pros
Cons
poor salary, long hours, awful manager, high turnover of staff
Nice to work for but wages not great.
Dispensary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barnsley16 November 2016
Good company, low wages in comparison to others but over all they are fine. Helpful and supportive most times. Not had any major problems here. Some stores have older people so it's hard to progress in carer.
Pros
Lunch hour in som branches
Cons
No movement in career as lots of older staff.
Avoid at all costs!!!!!!!!!
Pharmacist Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crompton Health Centre24 August 2016
Terrible company to work for. Get no recognition and let senior members of staff get away with allsorts of horrible behaviour!!! Put my all in to my job role when at cohens and got treated like rubbish! Didn't deal with my complaints as they should have done. Got left without a job because of a horrible manager that didn't like the fact I put a complain in about the 'supervisor' because he as a pharmacist didn't even have a clue what he was doing and relied on her!!! Will never step foot in a Cohen's pharmacy again!!!
Pros
None!!!
Cons
All of it
good
Pharmacy Dispenser (Former Employee) –  London25 June 2016
good pharmacy to work for. had a very good time there. had a very good relations with patients and the relations with my work colleagues
Fantastic place to work
Counter Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tottington4 March 2016
The staff I work with are all very friendly and I feel welcomed into their little family. I have learnt an awful lot over my time working here and I have had to learn things fast to enable me to be able to give over the counter advice to patients. Further more I have learnt how to work the till system, cash up, ordering products, ordering prescriptions and working the patient database. Working here means every shift I am helping a lot of customers find solutions for illnesses or worries. This feels massively rewarding as customers often come to us for help when they can't see a doctor.
Pros
Feels rewarding
Cons
Little overtime
Pleasant and Friendly.
Level 2 Dispensing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barnsley16 February 2016
I have learned a lot at my current work place. My collegues are friendly and fun. We all have lots in Common and the Responsible
Pharmacist is in my opinion an excellent manager and Friend.
I am grateful to the Company for allowing and encouraging me to better myself and achieve better skills
The hardest part of the job was losing Patients who had passed away, we had a special repore with the majority of them.
The enjoyable part was helping people with advice and making them fell better. An enjoyable aspect was the fact that we all got along famously. My co-workers were all fantastic.
A day at work was mostly enjoyable, educational and Pleasant.
Pros
Good Co-workers. A great Manager and nice Patients and Customers.
Cons
I would prefer Afternoon or Evening hours of work. My present branch closes at 6pm.
Awful company to work for
accuracy checking technician (Former Employee) –  Bonnyrigg11 January 2016
As an ex employee of cohens all i can say is they pay well other than that poor management staff not trained properly and the branch i worked in was a health hazard!!!! Cohens Nearly ruined my pharmacy career AVOID unless you want to be miserable