Cobham Employee Reviews

Left after a few months...
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Wimborne, Dorset2 November 2018
Came to work for a modern professional engineering firm with the hopes of career progression and making a positive difference. Unfortunately, the role was made a bit tedious by bickering between production/office departments or blame culture and systemic time-consuming issues that could've been fixed if there was more drive to implement process improvements. Ultimately, I decided to leave after being constantly berated for issues dating back years before I even joined the company despite my best efforts and putting in hours of overtime to work on solutions which was severely demotivating. I realised this role was getting to me when a family member said I was starting to look ill and the workload on my colleagues within the department including my manager concerned me at times but I'm hoping it has now improved as projects get completed. Training on job-specific skills needed at grass-roots level would've made life a lot easier in some cases.

Despite the above the same issues were not necessarily present in other departments and of course this review is subjective based on what I experienced in the time I was there. There are some fantastic people working at Cobham and I hope the place continues to be successful.

The salary offered was good for my role relative to previous firms I've worked at in a similar capacity plus overtime, the site is in a great location, there are good benefits and it was generally a nice environment to work in.
Pros
Good facilities and benefits
Cons
Some blame culture witnessed, inadequate job-specific training, workload
Changes being made, but nothing changes
Been employed 10+ years there (Former Employee) –  Wimborne, Dorset10 April 2018
I read some of the reviews on this site from 3 years ago and the same can be said today!
Managers with no industry experience, completely inept and mess everything up that they touch.
Those same useless managers then interview and hire more dead wood.
If you value a home life or have hobbies, steer clear! They will sap every hour from you and leave you broken and demoralised.
The Annual review system is a joke, a few people really do care about the company and excell at that they do, however despite going over and above and working your socks off, you’ll get marked the same as one of the inept. Gives you no reason or desire to go over and above next year.
Shocking management and dead wood, jobs for the boys have systematically destroyed this company.
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Life sapping. Don’t do it!
Worst company in the world
office worker (Former Employee) –  Wimborne7 April 2016
Can honestly say that Cobham Wimborne is the worst place to work management have no idea what they are doing as they don't have the range of experience. Morale is at an all time low. HR Dept is out of control and needs sorting out especially when they don't even know how many contractors are on site or who they report too.
Stress levels working here have never been higher and worse still is the start early stay late philosophy all have to adhere too.
If you have a family and want to see them don't go and work at Cobham Wimborne, they will slowly take your life away from you.
The office environment is poor, so many people crammed into open plan offices that were never designed to hold that many people and there is not enough car parking spaces either.
The building maybe new but it is poorly designed, god forbid a fire breaks out as not everyone will escape in time as there are so many people in there.
Profits are down and don't really expect Cobham to still be in business in the next two years.
Pros
Free tea and coffee (for now)
Cons
Expectation of long working hours
No support
PPCA (Former Employee) –  Wimborne, ENG16 November 2015
Poor management providing no support and 3 hours training. Worst employer of the year award goes to Cobham. Management with slopey shoulders who never accept responsibility. Worst place I've ever worked
Pros
Free tea and coffee
Cons
Expected to start early and finish late every day
No management
Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wimbourne5 September 2015
Work does not flow down to the people who need to do the work, then management wonder why no work has been done - very frustrating
Pros
free tea
Cons
boring
Amateurs
Ex Employee major projects (Former Employee) –  UK4 May 2013
Management with no respecr for its employees. Had a company logo with "Respect, ethics, trust, values" but failed in all respects. Management by crisis not by planning and knowledge.

Very long hours in poor conditions and low standards of human factors. Workforce very good despite lack of competence from senior managers.

Dealing with people who had no understanding of what the task involved. Managers with no industry experience.
Pros
Learn never to trust AiM or CaVs
Cons
Treated like sub-human by managers who were inept