Cobalt Recruitment Employee Reviews

Great Company with Great People
Executive Consultant (Current Employee) –  London19 February 2016
I have worked with other recruitment agencies (bigger than Cobalt) and so far, my experience with the company is by far, the best experience I have ever had as a consultant. The management is very hands on and approachable. They know how to value their employees and they live as an example to their employees. The colleagues I have are not just a co-workers; they treat you well and make you feel that you are part of a big family. Yes, there is a competition in the office but it is a friendly competition. The environment is fun. There is a pressure which you will get every day from different sides of the room, on and off of the phone, but hey, it is still a fun environment. We have a wii console in the room that you are free to use anytime you want. We have a nice lounge to have a small chat with colleagues or simply to recharge yourself. Recently, we have implemented a flexi schedule policy in the business which I think is a very good move especially for certain individuals in the business. As they really want their staff to have WLB, they have encouraged everyone to go to gym and the membership to fitness centre is subsidized by the company. What else can you ask for? It is a company that pays you well, promote its people based on performance, look after their staff well, provide the right environment to work, and have a strong team of management. Indeed it is a great company with great people!
Pros
great commission scheme, good working environment, strong management, advocate of WLB
A dynamic, driven and flexible working environment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London18 February 2016
Having been established for 14 years within the the real estate recruitment market, Cobalt has an excellent combination of valuable existing market connections for its employees to benefit from, while also presenting each individual with a platform to develop a client base totally of their own.

Cobalt has a flat structure, with Directors and trainees sitting side by side and with each opinion treated with equal respect. The flexible working hours, in sharp contrast to other recruitment agencies, encourage a culture that is results driven and this ethos carries into the atmosphere of the London office - which is a community of loud, fun, and entrepreneurial individuals from varying backgrounds.
Pros
Specialist market leaders, fun culture, lucrative and transparent commission structure, flexible working hours
Working together with motivated colleagues/friends
Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) –  London18 February 2016
I have been at Cobalt Recruitment for a year now and have learnt so much in this time. It is far from the recruitment KPI driven environment that new starters fear. You are given the training and support to feel confident in running your own desk (business) and hence I am now a consultant to my clients rather than just a clerical 'CV filter'.

The most enjoyable aspect of my work is that I am continuously learning my market, increasing my network and advising my clients with market trends and quality individuals. Having studied Business Management at University, I also enjoy bringing new clients to Cobalt Recruitment.

As I recruit at all levels, I enjoy providing advice to young graduates about how they can direct their career to be like the Directors I am also in contact with.
Pros
Manage your own workload to make sure you earn commission
Cons
It is hard but challenging to work in a candidate driven market.
Progressive, ambitious business that provides a good balance between work and life outside of work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London18 February 2016
Cobalt is a business that encourages progress. It is a business that provides an environment in which you feel a togetherness with your colleagues, working in synergy to achieve your goals. Cobalt is a business that supports your career progression, and provides enough flexibility or work life balance to allow you to "have a life."

If you can be entrepreneurial, proactive, thick skinned and focused enough on personal goals to stay motivated through the tougher days, Cobalt could be a great place to make a career.
Pros
Flexibility, choice, family environment, great training opportunities, great support and mentoring from management
Cons
Struggling to find one
Happy to spend my days here...
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  London18 February 2016
I am into my 3rd year at Cobalt and it is certainly an exciting time to be here. We have grown lots in that time and our team is made up of great, collaborative people.

There is a real mix of seasoned recruiters who know their markets inside out and an impressive bunch of junior recruiters coming up the ranks off the back of our Graduate Academy scheme.

At the end of the day, we spend most of our life with colleagues so for me the people I work with are critical to my engagement at work.

Aside from that, Cobalt is always evolving as a business so that gives me the career challenge that I seek.
Pros
Flexi-time, company annual holiday, incentive trips, free fruit and more
Cons
Kitchen is busy as we are growing so rapidly!
Fun group of people, excellent career progression prospects, great bonus structure
consultant (Current Employee) –  London11 January 2016
A working day at Cobalt is good fun as well as challenging. We work to the highest standard in the market and are proud to do so. I have a clear structure to my day, working with leading real estate clients to find the best people in the market and the training we receive from experienced recruiters in house and external trainers every couple of months mean I can work to the best of my ability. It is clear from the outset that I am in charge of my own desk and not held back in anyway. With that, there is support from everyone including peers, managers and directors. I have been given the opportunity to progress my career in the direction I want, recently moving into management myself and developing a new area.

My co-workers are a fun and hard working bunch and there is always an opportunity to head out for beers after work and socialise with each other on weekends.

The hardest part of my job would be managing my candidates and clients and ensuring everyone is dealt with properly. However I am constantly supported on my time management and daily focus.

The best part of the job is definitely securing someone a new position and adding to the pot of bonus I will receive for working hard. Especially because it is my pot and I have the opportunity to earn as much as I want.
Pros
Flexible working hours, free breakfast, weekly competitions, company holidays
Cons
We work with every client in the market, making it tricky to approach people directly