Co-op Group Employee Reviews

the most enjoyabe part of the job to
Delivery assistant and instalation operative (Former Employee) –  Motherwell12 August 2018
the part I liked most about the job was all the different places you travelled to which I had never seen before and enjoying the view along the road of Scotland.
Pros
view
Cons
Fun and a blast to be there!
Customer service assistant (Former Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire10 August 2018
I did it as a work experience and they were wonderful people to work with. they gave me the opportunity to see the working world front and centre. it gave a lot of confidence in a work setting
Very eye-opening
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Mold, Flintshire10 August 2018
This was my first paid job after working voluntary every Saturday for three years during sixth form and college. I was in my last year of college and wanted to start earning for myself.
amazing
Paper Girl (Former Employee) –  Bishops Waltham9 August 2018
great little job to have. pay wasnt great for amount of papers that had to be carried but management were so friendly and there was no time limit to get the papers out. just couldnt take the mick and take hours but still didnt have to rush
Pros
relaxed enviroment
great
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Llandovery7 August 2018
in the main a great bunch of people, great place to work good company you do your job and get a thank you at the end of the day which goes a long way.
Pros
hours
Cons
great people
good place to work
Team Leader / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Eaglescliffe, Durham7 August 2018
good place to work always a friendly atmosphere
you get staff discount and a lot of holidays per year
uniform is provided but the trousers aren't a great fit you do end up buying your own as well as your own shoes.
Company is fair
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Thanet District, Kent7 August 2018
Its a good company to work for. The pension is one of the best out there. You get staff discount and get 20% off co-op products on pay day week. You also earn money back on your card.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Not always great hours
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow4 August 2018
i enjoyed my time at the co-op i got to meet so great people from members of staff to customers. it is a fast paced place to work even when your or dealing with customers to working stock.
okay
CTM (Former Employee) –  Cumbria4 August 2018
okay place to work, shift pattern usually 3 hours, 4 hours, or 8 hour shifts. sometimes only 2 people working at one time in smaller stores which isn't enough.
Pros
good pay
Cons
busy shifts
Can be fun
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kent2 August 2018
The customers make the experience better than it is, while there have been some managerial changes, I find solidarity in knowing that I can give the customers the best experience.
Run in the opposite direction
FS (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire2 August 2018
Well. For a company that apparently prides itself on its caring values and community interest, it certainly falls short.
Uncertain hours, bullying culture allowed to fester and force the good staff into sickness or redundancy..
Cons
Uncertain, ever-changing hours
Unsociable environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bromsgrove1 August 2018
Working within the environment of the Co-op in Bromsgrove, found the hours to be very unsociable and the manager to be very unpleasant. Week to week schedules were altered constantly by the manager even after being put up, so if you had a day off the chances of her changing the schedule to fit around the managers personal life was very very likely. Manager treated all staff with zero respect, never helped any other staff members out, would come and go as she pleased and would overall project her as a bully within the workplace. Most of other staff were great to work with and always found a way to have a laugh but also put down by the manager who always managed to find some fault in other staffs work. Would not recommend anyone to work within this particular store as no respect or kindness is given from the manager.
Pros
Odd days of laughs with other staff members and customers
Cons
Manager, unsociable hours
Starts off ok
Funeral Service Operative (Current Employee) –  Hook1 August 2018
Starts off OK , then eventually you are taken advantage of, the management are utterly useless, no discipline, lazy people get away with absolutely everything and work is left to those that work, albeit frustrating.
Management are totally useless at planning and logistics which is there job,
The vehicles are poor , mechanically and visually, there is no petty cash to repair simple errors like bulbs ,we have to wait weeks/months to repair vehicles .
Everything is left to the last minute which is stressful and frustrating.
Pros
Good bunch of people
Cons
Management, logistics, organisation
Paper boy first job
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Hazlemere, Buckinghamshire31 July 2018
Was my first job so I new no different about the working environment was a good experience was a decent job good pay for my age and was before school so it was ok hours wise and didn’t clash with anything.
Pros
Good money for age
busy retail group
Team Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hinckley27 July 2018
Fast past, customer focused company. Room for growth. Salaries very good for job description. flexible working hours. different shift patterns. Staff discounts.
Pros
Salaries, staff discounts
Cons
short breaks
Fun work place
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 July 2018
Good company to work for but wage to low. I liked this job staff and management were very nice to work with. Different things to do every day. I would of liked to stay but wage to low.
Degrading
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cheshunt, Hertfordshire25 July 2018
My time at the co-op was sent imagining all the other places i would rather have been, colleagues work tasks were impossible to get along with/ perform because so much was required of us because we had a manager that didn't know left from right or up from down.
Bad management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 July 2018
The company and what it stands for is great however working for them isn't great! The first manager got sacked in front of my face and second was absolutely terrible. The tasks are also very boring.
Cons
poor management
ok
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Bedfordshire23 July 2018
ive worked for the co-op for a year and a half.

they are great at helping you climb the career ladder.

they dont strive in praising their staff for what they actually do.

money not worth the amount of stress u take one 70% of the time.

security is an issue within my store hugely, cant speek for others.
Pros
discount card, easy systems for booking holidays and pay slips
Cons
anti-social hours, lack of team motivation
Fun workplace
Customer Team Member (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire22 July 2018
My job entailed working the tills, restocking shelves, helping customers, cleaning the store, and so on. I learned how to work well as a team, which was important to make sure everything ran smoothly and on time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Co-op Group. Our community is ready to answer.