Close Brothers Group

Close Brothers Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom82 reviews
Enjoyable place of work
An enjoyable place to work. Senior Management changed and things started to change. I lost my Sales Manager ( who was excellent ) and another alternative job opportunity came to me which i pursued; I wasn't necessarily looking to move.
Reasonable work place
Due to small size of organisation and flat organisational structure limited pathways for progression. Nice work / life balance and culture. Agile working encouraged.
Interesting business model
You should be from sales or product to be valued, everyone else is nice addition to the team, but not critical or significantly valued.Apple a day can't really make your existence in the company more valuable. Constant shuffle in managment team at all levels make work environment toxic and significantly increase in mental pressure.
Close brother Company is a great place to work
If you love the challenge and love the buzz of up selling then it's a great place for you the company have some great benefits and the managers are great of encouraging the staff too.
Would not Recommend
Very high employee turnover .The environment is very stressful .HR gets involved very quickly and before you know it you are out the door .
I would not recommend working at this place .Its the worst employer I have worked for .
Opinion
Feel CB is not a good environment to work in. Give misinformation, and contradicting procedures

I would not recommend an individual to work here if you want to work in financial services
Staff not treated very well
Increase in workload but no additional resources. Pay was always very secret, not allowed to discuss at all, threatened with disciplinary action. Group management wanted to make things better for staff, but senior department managers were only focused on the work, rather than staff well-being. The hardest part there is having your opinion listened too, being told that opinions are just negativity and being told to think more positive.
Friendly staff poor management
Friendly staff poor management

Not the place to go for career advancement, loyalty not rewarded and no progression available, slow to adapt to change and constant external appointments, rather than in house progression.
Workplace
Most enjoyable part of the job was working with advisors and paraplanners who were friendly and willing to help.

Least enjoyable was using and working with out industry out dated systems and clunky internal processes.
exciting caring company
Excellent place to work. Lots of trust and opportunities for everyone. Forward thinking, inspirational business.
Work hard and we'll rewarded, fair performance appraisal.
Enjoyable to work at but poor pay structure
Good office location but uninspiring pay structure or progression.

good people

Working from home can easily be agreed with boss

poor investment proposition
Some of the people are really nice but one or two not so nice.
Felt like a one man band, all main persons are in London so getting hold of people is always a bit of a challenge, there needs to be more support for the Bristol office. 2 weeks of training seemed sufficient to them but could do with at least a month.
Ethical and caring employer
Close Brothers Asset Management has been one of my favourite companies to work with over the years. They are a very caring employer and put their retail clients at the heart of their business. This is turn means that the Company is a great place to work. They have a number of workplace initiatives such as agile working, which really helps employees feel that they have more control over their working environment. I would recommend Close Brothers as an employer.
Quiet and busy
Learned how to use SAP Business Objectives.
Was involved with a data project that kept me quite busy

Staff were friendly
Fantastic people-oriented culture
CBPF was a great place to work. There is a real focus on making it an amazing place to work, and you will not find a more welcoming and helpful environment.

I was also lucky enough to experience multiple promotions during my time with CBPF (which it must be said I worked hard for), but the fact that my efforts were recognised and rewarded should not be underestimated.
Pros
Progression, and great culture
No prospects, Impossible targets
As the only branch in Scotland, promotion is an impossibility and despite being a non sales role with no bonuses you are expected to achieve a scorecard with around 20 objectives.
Pros
No weekend work yet
Cons
Unrealistic targets, no prospects
enjoyed this role
found this role extremely rewarding, enjoyed the business to business aspects. getting out to meet new customers and prospecting new business. brought on new dealerships and trained on FSA regulations
Productive and busy
Long hours very busy. good location to start your career I have been working at Close for the past 2 years and found the company to be very busy and sometimes chaotic
Not Great
Just another admin job! Not particularly flexible or forward-thinking, old-fashioned attitudes and ways of working. Little opportunity for advancement or involvement in anything but the day job.
Good company
Good company to work for I enjoyed my time there other than a couple of hicups but overall a good experience. Would recommend to anyone if they wanted to work there.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Work / Life balance is out of key
Appalling - avoid like the plague!
Appalling place to work - very unprofessional. Senior management is an old boys' club who provide no direction, middle management are spending too much time pointing their fingers at more junior members of staff to cover for their own shortcomings (of which there are many) - consequently senior management is being misled. Middle management also dictates to more junior members of staff who they make sure have no voice. The company is very siloed with the various business units not working together creating a lot of tension. There are very few defined processes which doesn't help either. HR support is non-existent with instances of bullying being ignored. Very high levels of attrition both voluntary and involuntary - no job security. No opportunity to progress. Avoid this place like the plague! A total waste of time with the worst bunch of middle managers I have ever had the misfortune to come across. There are loads of jobs at lots of other companies who treat their employees far better - apply to those!
Pros
(1) Free fruit platter every morning, (2) free tea and coffee, (3) free Friday night drinks, (4) industry-average pay.
Cons
Where to begin...
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Close Brothers Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.7