Close Brothers Group Employee Reviews

Dont like loyal staff
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tolworth, Greater London21 October 2018
Worked there for many years but loyality didnt count. Worked extra hours but was recognised for doing it.
Change of manager who thought it was good to go out and get drunk with their staff. Very Un professional.
Your face has to fit otherwise like other comments you will never get on.
Pros
Free fruit and hot drinks. Great pension
Cons
Un friendly management
Very shady management.
Business Operations administrator (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London8 August 2018
Very bad training, ridiculous targets to meet as the training was poor, work/home life balance was good, very few people were friendly, heard loads of nasty gossip about A LOT of people even from management as they did not make it subtle, pay was fine for an entry level job, management were so focused on doing their share of work they barely had time to manager, train and support their staff!!
Regret having worked here as I have worked in a fair few places not as "professional" as Close Brothers but have Never ever been treated as badly as they treated me.
Pros
Free drinks every 2 weeks on Fridays
Cons
Where do I start...
No advancement. The best leave
Operations Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wimbledon, Greater London16 July 2018
Back office functions are not valued outside of senior management and you can never advance from lower levels up due to senior management joining from larger companies. Staff are not developed properly meaning that the only way to progress is to leave.
Pros
Management won’t delegate so 9-5 is achievable. Pension contributions are very good. New IT
Cons
Poor bonus. No pay benchmark. No scope for progression. .
High turn around of staff
Sales (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom6 November 2017
Recent changes in management are causing a number of people to leave. Its a shame as this use to be a great company to work for, with long term members of staff. Expectations are extremely high and targets unachievable, work life balance is poor.
Pros
not many now
Cons
Long hours, no work/life balance
Very professional company
Business Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Hessle, East Riding of Yorkshire27 June 2017
This was a great place to work. I only left because I could not progress throughout the company.
I had a lot of opportunities and was recognised in this company but they could not give me the job I wanted.
There is clear management in this company and I felt very secure.
Pros
Very professional
Cons
No progression
Excellent Company except salary
Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Londonderry, Northern Ireland12 October 2013
A typical day involves me calling on my Dealer Partners to discuss current business trends. Through Close College, I have learn't a great deal including critical management factors and bank conversion training.
Pros
Company car, company entertaining etc
Cons
Salary