Clintons

Clintons Employee Reviews

United Kingdom210 reviews
Working for Clinton’s
Great company to work for, I would recommend working for clintons to a friend. All team members and management are lovely to work with across all stores. Best part was getting to meet all members of staff, they make the work day much more enjoyable.
fun workplace
Very Fast paced. management was very nice and welcoming along with the staff that was already working there. the hardest part of the job is the unloading of deliveries. the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers with there purchase!
Pros
a break
Horrendous
I have nothing positive to say about this company. Nothing. I hate them so much, in fact, that I'm going to sit here and list every terrible thing I can think of until either I get bored or my fingers go numb. They are so evil that I wouldn't be surprised, quite frankly, if they contacted my old store and tried to find out who I was.

- Regional management are bullies. They made me cry, they made five of my coworkers cry (including my manager!!), and look at and talk to you like you're dirt off their shoe. They don't care about you, they care about targets, they care about money. Absolutely horrible people. Cruel.

- My manager was in pieces from stress. The amount of weight she lost and the number of times I saw her cry was shocking - more than once she told me she was there so late she told me she was considering sleeping in the stockroom because going home and coming back in would be almost pointless at that point.

- In my first week my first manager scolded me in front of a customer and made me cry on the shop floor, then pulled me out the back and yelled at me for......... crying in front of customers.

- Yes, we went through four managers in three years. Five if you include the 6-month gap where we didn't have one at all and our deputy manager had to fill the role.

- I was also told to leave my chronic health problems 'at the door.' By a member of management.

- Management in general getting in fights. There was a bit of a rift between two members of management at the time and they often had screaming matches so loud you could hear them from the shop floor - and this
 - more...
Worst Experience Ever.
Would not work here, unorganised half of the staff don’t know what they are doing, made you feel so small if you made any mistakes. Management was horrible, so many times I felt so anxious before my shifts, that’s when you know it’s a horrible work environment
Cons
they descriminate against employees!
not sure whether there is someone racist within their recruitment team but they are not fair.

their decision definitely wasnt fair

so disappointing i thought they are care about their service well clearly not
Supportive focused and fun
I was only a seasonal worker, however my time working in the branch was fast paced at times a lot of standing, however the staff and management were all focused supportive and fun to be around.
I enjoyed my time with Clinton's just a shame it was only seasonal.
Pros
Staff Discount which was great over the festive period.
Cons
Standing for long periods of time.
Awful
I would never work for this company again even if they tripled the money. Awful management and attitude towards staff, very clicky and expect far to much.
Pros
50% Discount
Cons
awful Management, awful money, over worked, underpaid
Horrible Experience
Management are bullies. The store manager and area manager specifically. They ignore your concerns and troubles. They don't care about you and treat you like machines. HR was not helpful either.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Clintons?
Stressful, poorly paid, bad management
Paid REALLY badly for a supervisor, only a few pence an hour above the people I was supervising. Supervisors are forced to do all the jobs of a manager without training. Avoid. Stressful environment, poor communication. I was pushed to tears by the shop manager on multiple occasions and in front of customers.
Lovely place to work.
Lovely team and made me feel very welcome. I was only christmas cover but enjoyed working there. I still pop in when I can as everyone was so nice. I wouldn't hesitate to work there again if they had a vacancy.
A decent Christmas temporary job
This was a decent full time job over the course of the Christmas holidays which paid off a fair share of my bills. However, the time and hours were very stressful and not flexible at all
Avoid! Avoid
Unless you want your life to be consumed by poor management and your personal life and business to be everyone else's business due to gossip then do not touch with a barge pole. Never allowed to actually make plans on your days off- god forbid if you do and they ask you to work and you say no! You'll have your job threatened. No managers care about your needs unless it affects them. Poor pay for what your expected to do. As a supervisor your expected to act as store manager for half the wage.
Great team, shame owners shut warehouse down
Was a great company to work for,very friendly work atmosphere. Good salary and benefits. Great work life balance .
It's a shame the US owners moved the business to another subsidiary
Slow paced.
It was a great place to work. Got 40% discount but it was very slow paced due to how expensive the shop can be. Lovely people though very welcoming. Great as a first job.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Slow paced
fun workplace, Creative and productive
I felt part of a great team, who made you feel like you were part of a family. I was able to explore my creativity as well as take on more challenging roles. However, there were no real prospects for progression within the business as well as no reviews on a Pay rise or promotions.
Not ideal
Not the best place to work if your wanting to develop. Very low communication in store depending what shop you work in and the salary was not the best for the amount your expected to do
Pros
The customers
Cons
No appreciation
Do not work for this company
The management is extremely poor, sloppy and disorganised.

Team members do not get told any information and are not looked after, we are left to discover everything ourselves and are constantly left in the dark.

Over Christmas I was only paid a fraction of my paycheck, I was told I was to receive the rest at the end of January as 'seasonal temps were only paid up the 7th of December' (I was not told this at any point, nor did it state this in my contract). End of January has been and gone yet I have not received the correct amount owed. They have withheld my wages for over two months now.

When I had my interview I was promised at least 25 hours per week. This was a lie as I'm stuck on 4 hrs a week. The interview was extremely short and I was offered the job there and then which I found was strange.

It is disgraceful how this company treats their employees. We don't have access to our payslips. We don't get paid the correct amount. We don't get paid on time. We have no access to payroll (everytime I ring there is no answer). |Management either don't seem to be bothered about sorting things out for us or they don't have a clue what to do.

Regardless of all this, the company still expect us to reach unrealistic targets and penalise us if the don't reach them.

Just don't work here.
Do not waste your time
So I started at the peak of Xmas. Noticed very quickly that there was a lot of backstabbing between the management and as a supervisor his was very unsettling. Contracted for 20 hours a week however was doing 35 at least even though I had stated childcare would be an issue.

Unfortunately I became ill with tonsilitus then a chest infection and flu however still w went to work as was told that I had no choice. Ended up making me more ill to the point that I collapsed on shift and was unconscious for 4 minutes. I was rushed into hospital with a head injury by ambulance. No support from my manager was told to take the following day off but then he expected me back in.

I eventually went to my doctor 2nd week of January when I knew the store was overstuffed and was signed off work. I dropped my keys in as requested justvin case they needed cover. Spoke to my manager about returning everything was fine. Upon returning started my shift at 9am 2 hours later the regional manager came in and dismissed me as I had the week off. Stated the doctor had classed me unfit to work but was told that they found this unacceptable regardless of how ill I was. At not any point was I made aware this meeting was taking place and was not paid for the 2 hours I worked that day.

Aswell as all of the above there was no training no support and minimal pay for the hours you are expected to work.

Little was i told you only get 3 weeks wages every pay day due to the cut off date am yet still to receive my payroll number to access my pay slips online have been told I will get them when they
 - more...
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long hours, poor management, minimal pay if paid correctly at all, total lack of compassion and respect
Avoid this disorganized company
Manager of store I worked in was lovely but I have never worked for such a disorganized company, left before my 3 month trial, training not good no time set aside to train you, pay is min wage discount is good.
Fun workplace
Clintons had a heavy sense of camaraderie, with everyone pitching in across the various positions. Although my stint at Clintons was short, I had a great time with the people that worked there.
Horrible just don't if love your self
Don't work for Clinton's the other wise you be ill.
If deal okay with discrimination, racism, health problems is prefect job for you.

From HR until company organisation is horrible