CLIC SARGENT

CLIC SARGENT Employee Reviews

United Kingdom26 reviews
Working at Clic Sargent has been very helpful to me and I really enjoy working there. I have learn a few things since working in retail and would like to learn more.
Would never work there again. Do not treat staff well-very bad experience

Awful experience, I was treated very badly, shocked that this is a charity!
Very flexible working hours, as a charity the massive amount of governance did slow down the processes.
Internal communications did leave a lot to be desired, managers would go to London to a meeting and never come back.
The teams are always great and friendly if you volunteer you work the hours that you choose working as a managers Assistant you would get paid and the amount is very good very good job satisfaction knowing all your work is going towards good causes
Pros
Friendly staff and good hours
Cons
Stores can be quite some times
Relaxed work environment and very fun people to work with.
Management are relaxed and its a stress free place to work, especially if you just want to get a little bit of work experience.
The culture of working for a charity is one that you have to buy into, and with personal experience of cancer this was a cause I found it easy to feel passionate about. Not everyone who works there necessarily does, but those who do are those willing to go the extra mile in their roles, and this sets them apart from those who see it as just another job...
Pros
Flexible working and great work life balance
Cons
Unable to progress in a small team
I loved working with other people that were all team players, we worked together and got along very well. we made it enjoyable for both the parents and the kids. when things weren't going well, for example, long waiting times, we used our own food and drinks to give out to customers to keep the excitement up. Management were very nice and easy to get along with.
Pros
getting to work with others that loved being around others
Cons
Itchy elf costumes
During my time at Clic Sargent I have learned how to work well with a variety of people that I might not normally associate with. The most enjoyable part of the job is looking the donations to discover what has been sent in.
Worked there years back. Staff where friendly, but I was out on the road can collecting most of the time.

Office was based in Glasgow and I was required to pay for parking and travel costs.
Pros
Cons
Had to use own car
I was quite daunted going into my first proper job--though it was a volunteer position--nevertheless my colleagues were all very understanding, training me to get on my feet; until soon enough, I was as comfortable in my environment as they were. Clic Sargent was often busy with donations, being one of the more popular charity shops in the area, yet this was a challenge one could easily face as my colleagues and I would collaborate to keep the shop as efficient as ever. It is in this environment that I truly cultivated my organisation. I spent most of my time on the till, however, which was equally busy; despite this, I learnt how to balance customer enjoyment of their experience within the shop with keeping the shop running smoothly.

Overall, this was a fantastic environment to work in and I learned a lot through being there.
What I loved most about working for CLIC Sargent was how friendly the volunteers were. I didn't see much of the manager, one can only assume she was working hard in her office.
Working for a charity is one of the jobs which make you to feel proud of yourself.

I was volunteering for 3 years before becoming paid staff of Clic Sargent.

It is busy with donations, sorting them out, pricing, making inductions to new volunteers, getting the shop ready. Doing all the needed paperwork.... but i loved it.

I didn't mind to stay longer, or even I went to give a hand some days I was off, working as volunteer. When you do that in a job, that means you are happy there.

The only problem was the salary. I didn't get enough hours to cover my family expenses.

I learnt how to deal with so many different volunteers, with a variety of problems. It gave me more understanding of some situation. I have always been aware of the hard lives that some people have, but at Clic, dealing with some families with kids with cancer, made me more aware of what is in the world.
Pros
Great friends
Cons
moving too many heavy boxes
CLIC Sargent is an amazing charity to work for. Having worked at the charity for over 13 years, I have seen a phenomenal amount of change – the charity has grown beyond belief. But the one constant that keeps me inspired is the way in which we truly understand and listen to those that we help and support. Our cause, for children and young people with cancer makes me incredibly proud to be a part of and I know how invaluable we are to those who are supported by us. I am also proud to have been part of the big changes within the organisation, from the merger through to brand changes. All of these have enabled growth including real increases in the funds we have been able to raise within my own team and this ultimately enables us to help more families affected. I love the staff that CLIC Sargent attracts too –all of them committed, professional, warm and inspiring individuals who keep the cause at the heart of everything we do. CLIC Sargent rocks!
My working life has always involved the general public in one way or another in tourism it was about letting the public have a enjoyable
fun day out with staff enjoying their job as this is just as important as their lack of enthusiasm would show.

It was important to listen to my co-workers and identify what works best within the team and address the training required

My last job running the home for families with a child with cancer was a different management skill requirement.

The hardest part of managing the home was when news was'nt good

supporting the family but also the staff but it was also a happy well loved accommodation having looked after 1500 families my staff and I were well trained hard working and loving
Pros
meeting many nationalities
Cons
CLIC Sargent provides support for Children and young people who have cancer and their families. Malcolm Sargent House provides Holidays and specialist breaks for families experiencing this trauma.
Cons
Sorting delivery of donated goods, steaming, tagging suitable clothes for resale and displaying in the shop. Till work, face to face customer contact. Dealing with Gift Aid where appropriate. Keep shop floor area and stock room clean and tidy.
Pros
Pride, feeling helpful
Cons
not to busy
Working on the shop floor and also above shop floor,
while working above shop floor my job was to tag all the clothing and make sure that they were all ready to be put down on the shop floor.

While i was working on the shop floor i would be serving customers and making sure that everything was looking presentable.
Pros
For the charity
I would sit behind a till and talk to customers and help out other members of staff i would help with any issues and solocise in the stock room to help with f
donations
The staff and management are all really friendly , which makes it a great environment to work in. I feel I am able to approach management with any problems that arise.
I worked as a voluntary shop assisitant. I very much enjoyed doing the work. I was using an electronic till and liked helping the public.
Pros
I was able to go out and get lunches.
Cons
It was sometimes sitting for long hours, but I enjoyed the experience.
I adore CLIC Sargent and the people who make it tick, but the reality is that there are no opportunities to progress and advance for me.
Pros
Other staff, work ethic and flexible working
Cons
Salary, reward