Cleveland Fire Brigade Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
good place to work
Trainee Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Hartlepool, Durham13 September 2017
good place to work and train, everyone very helpfull and understanding even though they are under pressure on a daily basis, would recomend to anyone wanting to join
Operationally a very good place to work
Watch Manager (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough Fire Station23 January 2017
CFB is going through a very serious set of changes at this present time, which will inevitably impact on public safety
I enjoyed my 25 years in the Brigade but feel that h changes occurring at this time are detrimental to the Brigade and public safety
Good company
volunteer (Current Employee) –  Coulby Newham Fire Station30 November 2015
Cleveland fire brigade are great. Great banter between shifts and volunteers, as always there's s few funny ones but mainly fab guys and girls. Always plenty to do but there are a lack of vehicles (or so they say) at the moment so it's hard. The volunteering at the Fire Support was great for the first 6 months from January, but it's gone down hill since the "groundworks" dole collectors have moved in. I think the managers are more interested in meeting targets than caring about how the brigade look and who's in and happy. Don't get me wrong there are a few great guys but most are only there because they have to be for their dole money. Most also don't work who volunteer at the network with the exception of a few- which has its pros and cons.

However! The Cleveland fire brigade are a fab company and the bosses are always there to provide reassurance even when stretched to the limit!
Pros
Lunch paid for.
Cons
Some volunteers have no work ethic.
Rewarding enjoyable place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Coulby Newham24 October 2014
Since being a young child I have always been involved with Cleveland fire brigade on a voluntary basis. I enjoyed promoting fire safety and the importance of the work the fire brigade do. I attended community events in uniform to gain referrals for home fire safety checks and ensured people knew what to do if a fire ever broke out in their home. I visited local schools to talk about fire safety at bon-fire night and featured in a short film highlighting the consequences of playing in and around fire.
Pros
Rewarding, helping the community
Cons
Voluntary
Great place to work, goverment sector, excellent team
Firefighter (Former Employee) –  Middlesbrough29 October 2013

- team work
- job related skills
- health and safety
- management

Management has varied levels, the watch managers where excellent but had a lot of pressure from their bosses. Co-workers where very well trained and had a strong bond.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with the deceased and their families.
Most enjoyable part was the relationships build with my co workers