Clarriots Care Employee Reviews

Great support
Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Northwich, Cheshire12 April 2018
Working for clarriots was one of the best things I've done. They supported me throughout my pregnancy and nothing was too much for them. I was supported to achieve my NVQ. Alison Kaye my manager at the time was a great support and was there to talk to about little and big. The clients were great and the teams of carers were like families. Definitely a company I'd recommend working for.
Pros
Friendly, competent, informative, good rates of pay
Fantastic company
Carer (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire10 April 2018
Ive have been working for this company for 2 months now, i changed career and it was the best thing i did. The support i have received and still getting on a daily basis is outstanding. Knowing they want the best from us carers and the clients makes it an outstanding company. It can be a lonely day being on your own, but the reassurance that someone is only at the end of the phone for support if needed, gives you extra confidence, I am based at York and cant recommend them enough.
Compassionate and forward thinking.
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire9 April 2018
I came to work for Clarriots last year. They have a very personal touch and genuinely care for their staff and clients. I like the fact that they want to provide good, quality care and listen to what their clients want.
We do use a lot of new technology, which does get some getting used to compared to other companies I have worked for but this also works in to an advantage too.
The head office will listen to your ideas and will act on them if they believe it will work for the company,
Pros
Good employment packages available.
Enjoy
Care Worker/Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire9 April 2018
I currently work for Clarriots Care Leeds branch, I enjoy working for the company, everyone has their own opinions of the company, good or bad, this does depend on whether or not some staff who have left, have got on with team members.
Pros
Introduction of perk box, travel time increase as of April
Caring
Senior Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Cheshire East8 April 2018
I worked for Clarriots Care previously and only left due to career development.

The company genuinely cares about both their staff and service users. It’s a relaxed environment to work in and has a great staff benefits scheme.

Office staff are good at working to your availability.

Overall a great company to work for and a lot of support is offered.
Pros
Support, training, staff benefits
Cons
N/a
Very supportive team
Home Carer (Former Employee) –  Cheshire7 April 2018
I worked for clariotts for 6 months and really enjoyed my time working with the management team, clients and colleagues.

I felt very supported with work and the team were very understanding of personal issues and helped to support me in any way they could.

A very approachable company and was very sad when I had to leave due to unforseen circumstances.
Pros
Travel time expenses
Cons
Some unsociable hours
Quality driven company
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  North West6 April 2018
I work for Clarriots Care due to it’s commitment to quality care for its Clients and support to its Staff.

I would thoroughly recommend anyone to apply for a post if you are driven and passionate about caring for others, and want to make a real difference to people’s lives.
Pros
Excellent Colleagues
Fab
Registered Manager (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire6 April 2018
I have been lucky enough to work my way up the ranks at Clarriots Care. Initially I started as a home carer and was promoted to become a care coordinator and soon worked my way up to become a Registered Manager for the service.
I have thoroughly enjoyed my time at Clarriots Care.
This is one of the only companies that I have worked for where the opinions of Care workers are taken into consideration.
Pros
Great employment package. Thoughts and ideas of the team considered.
Cons
None.
Brilliant company
Home Carer (Current Employee) –  Horncastle, Lincolnshire6 April 2018
I have worked for Clarriots Care out within the community for a number of months. No two days are the same and i find this job extremely rewarding. The service users that I have worked with are all lovely.
Pros
Good employment package. Friendly office team. On-call service if i need assistance.
Cons
Traffic and other conditions can cause delays in getting to clients.
Left a permanent position to stay with Clarriots Care
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Coventry8 March 2018
I currently work for the Coventry branch and at the time of starting in May 2016 when the branch first opened I had a permanent position in a secondary school. I recently left my job at the school to pursue a career with Clarriots Care. I very much enjoy working with like-minded individuals, who strive to provide the best care for our clients, and appreciate being recognised for any good work I do. Work is now more flexible than when I was working in the school and my employers and supervisor are understanding and supportive when I need them.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
N/a
Wasted my time
applicant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire7 March 2018
Ridiculous company! rang me for an interview I got there and they didn't know anything about it, don't bother going to MK they are liars who think nothin of wasting your time and money.
No two days are the same...
Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands7 March 2018
Clarriots is an absolutely great place to work. I now have a perfect work/ home life balance than I have ever had before! With the bonus that I now have paid mileage for any calls or visits to clients I undertake! I Have worked for local authority care providers before and Clarriots is by far the best company to work for! There is a close team relationship between the office and care staff and everybody is willing to work. Handling on call is a breeze as carers pull together when the odds are down to ensure all clients receive care and build relationships second to none. The manager at Coventry ensures staff are treated fairly. She has a passion to develop each and every individual within their role. I believe this is an important aspect of the job as it builds not only a positive working environment but also fosters great relationships. There is a real scope for growth at Clarriots Coventry, we are encouraged to enroll on distance learning courses and staff to work towards their NVQ's in care, No two days are ever the same at Clarriots Coventry.
Pros
Perfect work/home life balance
Cons
No Cons
Absolutely shocking.
Care Assistant for the Elderly (Former Employee) –  Leeds And Bradford28 February 2018
This company is a joke. They will have you work all hours and take no consideration for your well being. They are sneaky with with calls, ensuring your rota has been made specifically so you do the absolute most mileage for the least pay. Eg : you don’t get paid for your first and last call, so them two calls will be 40 miles away from where you live but all the calls between them will all be with in a 10 mile radius of each other. They have absolutely no conduct of care often bribing you with extra money to cover shifts when off sick. Often bribing you with “bonus’” that 9/10 times when it came to pay day they had forgotten about it. The new manager has absolutely ruined the place with her lack of care and empathy towards not only staff but also service users, motivated by only money and not providing the best service of care. Honestly a really stressful company to work for wouldn’t recommend to anyone unless you’re going for a management role.
Pros
Lovely clients
Cons
Mostly everything
Childish
Carer (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire27 February 2018
Office staff are like children, if you use your brain they throw their toys out of the pram. I really wouldn't waste your time working for them. They will give you plenty of lip service
Pros
Absolutely none
Waste of time
Mobile Carer (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire29 January 2018
The company is pretty bad to work for. The management are complete amateurs and it really is not run very well. If your going to work for any home care provider then try somewhere else.
Been working for them six months still didn't get money they owe me for millage, travel time and holiday. Had to check all my calculation every month cos if I didn't they underpaid me and I was few hundreds short. No training offered whatsoever. They expected me to drive 120 miles daily for free !! Constantly breaching contract and verbal agreements.
Pros
Cons
Poor communication
worst care company you could work for
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Leeds11 January 2018
start work 30 miles+ away from your home at 630,travel 100miles+ per day ,finish late ,expect calls from management changing your rota ,adding extra calls in without discussing with you ,shocking pay ,management would do anything to ensure they didn't have to go out on care ,rude office staff.
Pros
Cons
everything
Not worth the time.
Carer (Current Employee) –  Ripon, North Yorkshire14 December 2017
Started out great, suddenly started to get worse without any real reason. Co-ordinators don't pay any attention to your availability, be prepared to get treated like a murderer for simply calling in sick, don't think you'll get peace on your day off, be prepared to be late all the time due to not enough travel, you'll be promised qualifications but it's a lie.

Want to work in Leeds? Tough, go work in Middleborough and further. And you won't get paid to travel there either. 40 miles and over 60 mins travelling coming out of your own pocket.

Think you'll be paid well for all this? Nope. Not when they're dropping the wages.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Supportive, Fair, Exciting and Going Places!
Head Office Team (Current Employee) –  Louth, Lincolnshire8 November 2017
I have never worked for a company that has treated its employees so well, I enjoy going to work, my colleagues are amazing and the atmosphere is so warm and friendly.
Management has been nothing but fair and supportive which I think is becoming harder to find.
The company feels like it’s going places which is exciting and motivating because it really feels like we are all in this together and our efforts are always appreciated.
Pros
Great team atmosphere, supportive management, exciting place to work and a fantastic company.
Cons
No dress down Friday
approachable, friendly & supportive
Home Carer (Current Employee) –  Louth, Lincolnshire27 September 2017
I'm a fairly new employee of Clarriots and I'm really enjoying my job. I had no experience in care but the induction training was really good. The management team have been really supportive and are approachable and friendly.
Pros
Nice team
Great company to work for
Home Carer (Current Employee) –  Manby, Lincolnshire27 September 2017
I've worked for Clarriots for a few years now and really enjoy my job. The head office team are very supportive and there's always opportunities for further training.
Pros
Great company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarriots Care. Our community is ready to answer.