Clarks Employee Reviews

Busy, hardworking, friendly work place.
Trained fitter/Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Longwell Green, Bristol27 July 2017
In a typical day I help customers in any way I can by measuring and fitting children's shoes. I have also learnt lots of product knowledge so help customers make an informed decision. The hardest part of the job is dealing with awkward customers (as like any job in retail.)
Pros
Good pay, good discount
Cons
Irregular working pattern
Fun workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London25 July 2017
I love working for Clarks. It's dynamic and fun environment. I like that every day is different. My Manager and Assistant Manager are great and you can trust them. Everyone is friendly and ready to help.
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
Unpaid overtime
interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 July 2017
- on a non-sale day the store can be quite calm, odd customers here and there

- learnt to tailor my services to each customer and see them as an individual
Busy and vun place to work with.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London21 July 2017
hard place to work at but its still fun and all that. some of the workers are waste of space but other than that its a good place to work at. The pay was really good.
Pros
Cheaper shoes
Cons
always busy
Productive workplace with good work benefits
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire21 July 2017
Working at Clarks was one of the best careers I had. Every day was different and the Manager really read the skills of staff and allowed them to be educated and informed when it came to all aspects of the business.
Pros
Large discounts on Shoes
Cons
Inconsistant hours
Compensation does not match work load
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, Cambridgeshire21 July 2017
I think your experience with this company depends on your management. However on the whole the company itself demands far too much from it's minimum wage staff. Arriving 10 minutes early and staying (at least)15 minutes late uncompensated is expected of you everyday.
Staff are trained to be specialist trained fitters yet do not receive any pay increase for the additional training and responsibilities. The working environment is harshly target driven and uncaring, and the expectations of the company are far out of line with what is realistically achievable.
I have worked for this company for many years and have seen it go downhill dramatically as a workplace since the recession and the introduction of a new CEO.
Think very carefully before applying, I have had several retail jobs and for the same money you could easily find a job with a whole lot less stress.
Not worth it.
Cons
Demanding and uncaring
Gave valuable and insightful experience
Sales Assistant (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Charlton, Greater London20 July 2017
A typical day at work consisted of serving customers and moving in between the stockroom. It took a while to get used to serving customers and figuring out where everything was situated but by the second week I had gotten used to it and I enjoyed it a lot more.
Pros
One hour break
Cons
Not much variation
workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Hackney, Greater London20 July 2017
i think clarks is a very good institution and very well handled and successful retailing business it is a very well managed organisation, the hardest part of the job is leaving the customers unsatisfied.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
one break
very supportive and a perfect opportunity!
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 July 2017
Temporarily working here, made me achieve and learn many things e.g. team work, dealing with customers and many others. I would advise anyone to work at this place as its the perfect opportunity to earn money and simultaneously enjoy and lean many new things.
Pros
very supportive employees
workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street,London,United Kingdom18 July 2017
-workplace is good
-you can learn a lot of things from the shop
-peoples are nice
-they always teach you things
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
sometimes need to stay longer
Fun work place and very approachable management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harlow17 July 2017
Adequate training is provided for new workers and there is ongoing training for staff development. all the staff members are friendly so is the management.
Great team, my first job & I loved it
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, Kent15 July 2017
I enjoyed my job, they helped train me thoroughly and I had a very friendly and helpful manager. It was my first job and lots of the team were young pre-uni people. They're a good company to work for, the Maidstone store was great.
In the 2 (almost 3) years I worked there, I only ever had one problem with a new manager who was very unfriendly and unhelpful and was untimely the reason I quit. However, she was temporary cover in our store.
The best part was I never felt that dread that most people have about going to work. The pay was more than fair for my age and experience. I did also get a pay rise in my time there.
Pros
Good pay, great team, helpful training
fun work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire14 July 2017
During my time so far working at Clarks I have learnt how to measure children's feet and fit there shoes properly. I also learnt how to work the tills and work within the stock room.

The management team are really lovely and helpful.

During the Summer holidays when its back to school time the shop and children's department (where I'm mainly based) gets very busy so I'm used to working within a busy environment.
Productive, Challenging
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station, Greater London14 July 2017
It was a very rewarding job which allowed me to gain and develop exceptional communication skills and working in a team to try and achieve the target of the day.
Fun place to work
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear13 July 2017
Clarks was an enjoyable place to work, especially for a first job. Became quite stressful on busy days due to the amount of customers but in general it was a nice place to work.
A social and enjoyable job which teaches you all about how to provide great customer service.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northfield, West Midlands5 July 2017
As my first job and one that I stuck to for 4 years, I have enjoyed most of the experiences it has given me as well as providing a lot of learning curves. With flexible hours and a well organised set up, Clarks has probably been the best possible job I could have landed when I was 16. I am thankful for the lessons it has taught me and the friends I have made there.
Pros
free pair of up-to-date shoes every6 months and 30% off of shoes.
Cons
Managers are not always thoughtful of their workers and over work them.
Energetic and Challenging
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife4 July 2017
Great interactive job with staff and customers from babies to the elderly. Always a friendly atmosphere. Good opportunities for personal development.
good work place
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  london4 July 2017
great place to work part time, although there are long hours can be really nice environment. typical day includes talking to customers, trying to sell shoes accessories and shoe care. hardest part is trying to reach target and pressure to do so.
Pros
good culture
Cons
short lunches, long hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester29 June 2017
Clarks was a great part-time employer for me whilst at university. I worked in two separate outlet stores and was recommended by the area manager to transfer to another store so that I could continue working whilst away studying. The company has a good salary.
Great
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, Devon28 June 2017
Really engages you with both children and the elderly and teaches you not only how to sell to them but also just how to talk to them at a real level. Enjoyed my time here very much.
Pros
discounts
Cons
back to school

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.