Clarks Employee Reviews

Great employers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire2 April 2018
Brilliant fast paced job. Really enjoyed my time at this job. The management were great and it was an extremely friendly environment to work in. Would definitely recommend.
Awful place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire29 March 2018
Low pay, hours all over the place. If you're down for overtime that's it you have to do it. Really bad manager and different rules for different staff members
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
Everything!
It was good experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galashiels, Scottish Borders29 March 2018
It was good experience as a first part time, retail job.
Typical day at work was four hour shifts, and one could be in the children's or adults section so there was always something to keep you busy.
Good staff
Sales team member (Current Employee) –  Suffolk27 March 2018
Enjoy working there. The staff are friendly and happy and will help no questions asked. The down sides are working Sundays and bring expected to do extra hours during the school holidays
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
Working Sundays and extra especially during holidays
Clarks has been amazing
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woolwich, Greater London19 March 2018
Clarks has been amazing. I learnt how to be on the tills, and communicate with people differently. It usually gets very busy and thats the hardest when it comes when doing the job.
Pros
everything was good
Cons
N/a
Amazing company to work for
Clarks Shoes as an assistant sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Bodmin19 March 2018
very friendly and understanding, they try to make sure everyone is able to have a social life as well as a work life. they try to fit the rotas around everyone needs
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
N/a
What I learnt
Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 March 2018
This job role enabled me to have the ability to work under pressure and to be able to have the chance to learn how to offer good customer service. This allowed me to statisfiy customers.
Like a family
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex14 March 2018
A great working atmosphere. My work collegues are also my friends,everyday is different. I am an all rounder,I can take stock,use till,fit childrens shoes aswell as work on the Adults department. My manager is very fair and a good listener,you can always approach her.
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
Weekends
a nice place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London14 March 2018
The staff are very friendly. Clarks is about working together as a team to make sure that we give the best customer service. It is advised that you upsell shoe care.
productive environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham13 March 2018
Work consistent of working on your own initiative.
As my line of study involved children, clarks was a starting point to be able to see children in a different environment.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not enough custom to fill the day out
i have always liked working for clarks
Sales (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 March 2018
i have worked for Clarks for 4 years and seen a lot change over time. But overall Clarks do care about their staff and i Have enjoyed my time working there.
Great First Job
Trained Shoe Fitter and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton6 March 2018
Helped create the best work experience and overall environment of the job was great. It was also an educational experience as it teaches you all about what shoes are best equipped for all ages.
Pros
Great Pay and free shoes
Cons
Touch kids feet
Great people and good money
Store assistant (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire6 March 2018
Learned a lot about sales, and interacting with the public. The management team was very friendly and patient, attended a training course and became a trained fitter for the children's section.
Pros
free shoes
Cons
not a lot of hours
Best place ever
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich5 March 2018
I have worked at a Norwich store for around 3 years and I would never want to leave! Every person I work with is so so friendly and all like family/ down to earth- I don't know if it is like this in every store, but work doesn't even feel like work as I enjoy my time here. I have worked at other places, and I recognise it is isn't always easy to find a friendly, fun workplace! Free shoes and good discounts, I highly recommend working for this company.
Pros
Free shoes, discounts, training, friendly, fun
Cons
None! Salary could be higher hehe
Great place
Hairdresser and Beautician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 March 2018
Great job got on with all the clients and staff very well and due yo my dedication i became a very respected and trusted member of the family. I would now like a career in the care industry
great environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street3 March 2018
• Gained key customer service skills by assisting customers on a daily basis by advising and selling products to ensure the highest number of sales.
• Other responsibilities involved add on sales at tills, stock checks and ensuring the store is well merchandised and clean, which amplified my ability to balance such tasks, especially during peak times of the day
Nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peckham Rye Park, Greater London28 February 2018
typical day was working with customers when they come in and find out what type of shoe they were looking for. the colleagues there were funny and nice to work with
Bleh
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire28 February 2018
Management did not have a clue. Very gossipy, immature place to work due to a majoritively student workforce. Vary rare to be granted additional hours as they'd prefer to hire lots of part timers.
Pros
33% discount on shoes and the pay was good
Cons
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire27 February 2018
Fun environment to work in, though was not given enough hours. Dealing with customers can be tiring, both adults and children, but the camaraderie of the shop was helpful.
Good learning experience, co workers are super kind, management is not great.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire26 February 2018
During the time I worked here I came to realise £4.05 wasn't enough for the amount of pressure put on us as staff. I felt looked down on by the management (Not all but a few specific people). We were pressured to hit our targets, that were most of the time way to high for the amount of staff working at once. I can recall on countless times being pulled aside at the end of a shift and complained at for not reaching my target. There were alot of younger people (Around 16 years old), like myself. I felt that the manager expected too much from us, considering I had never had a sales job prior to this. It wasnt all bad though, the staff were lovely to work with and very friendly to me when I first started. The staff was the only thing keeping me from finding another job. I found it to be a great learning experience and found myself develop my social skills with customers. My hours were the same each week, because Im still in education. We had to be at work 10 mins before we start and would often not finish untill 5:45 - 5:50, when we were contracted to finish at 5:30. This extra time spent was also unpaid for. I also would only get a 30 min lunch for a 8 hour shift.
Pros
Free shoes when you start, flexible hours, friendly co workers
Cons
Low Pay, not great management, vast amount of pressure on staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.