Clarks Employee Reviews

Productive and a fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torquay28 November 2017
I enjoyed my time here, as you get to meet different people for different needs, learn new skills or build on ones you have, staff really friendly, hours are fair.
Pros
Hours are bendable
Cons
small stock room
Work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 November 2017
it was a fun working environment , when I was a team member at Clarks it was back to summer season therefore really busy however the staff and management helped make it better and easier, they supported me and were really nice.
Challenging and good benefits
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton27 November 2017
The company are very appreciative of their staff. A competitive hourly rate as well as clear and attainable targets that also stretch and challenge the staff.
Nice Staff and enjoyable working environment
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromley22 November 2017
Although I was on as a temporary sales assistant, I found the inconsistant and short hours extremely frustrating, other than that I fully enjoyed my working experience
Pros
Free pair of Clarks' shoes
Cons
Inconsistant hours
Comfortable and easy going.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 November 2017
Comfortable place to work with many benefits and opportunities. Offers various types of training and supports you in each step. Very flexible, very friendly.
Producive and fun workplace
Sales Advisor [summer temp] (Former Employee) –  Canterbury19 November 2017
great staff always offering opportunities to grow. a typical day at work would be clocking in and then finding your team leader who will give you a run down of what's going on and where you slot in for the day
Pros
Friendly collegues
Cons
not enough shifts
Found working there uncomfortable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 November 2017
While working at Clarks I did feel like the staff were intimidating and demanding of the temporary staff which made the working environment very uncomfortable.

Also my timetable would constantly get changed before I had a chance to check meaning my hours were constantly muddled up and would result in me having to go home and then come back later in the day quite often.
fun place to work
SHOE FITTER (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire10 November 2017
Loved working here, learnt valuable new experiences, along with how to deal with busy environments that I took with me to my other jobs. I enjoyed stocking the stock rooms also.
Fast Paced but fun role
Trained Fitter (Current Employee) –  Metrocentre, Tyne and Wear2 November 2017
Working at Clarks can become very intensive and fast paced, especially when working on the Childrens department, during the 'Back to School' period. However this role is extremely rewarding and can be very fun if you are positive about working with members of the public and children.
Pros
33% discount, £7.5/hour even for junior sales assistants
Cons
very competitive with targets, working with small children
Busy Timber Company
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol30 October 2017
I've been the general manager of a busy timber company in central Bristol for 5 years.
The role is very busy, and very fulfilling. The branch is a division of a larger group.
My role encompasses running the sales office as well as operations and admin.
Great company to work for
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire24 October 2017
Great company
In house training
Very brand focused
Lots of incentives
Great team and head office have a fantastic team who offer support to in store team.
Pros
Great people and company very brand focused
this was a productive and fun work placement
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Swindon20 October 2017
I enjoyed Clarks as the job and staff were excellent, if I could I would go back to work for them as I miss the staff, customers and the work. I would say this was my favourite job.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
only 4 hour contract
fun work place
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset13 October 2017
Everyone can have a laugh with one another and also help each other out when it is needed especially by covering sifts. You learn how to effectively measure and fit children's shoes.
Good first job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 October 2017
This was my first job after leaving school. They were flexible with the shifts for the days I had college and the pay was good for a 17 year old that just left
good
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex5 October 2017
good friendly place to work, however the management are not the most understanding. the hourly rate is good and changing hours is pretty easy to do so.
Pros
good staff
fast pace and challenging
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 October 2017
as this was my first proper full time job i learnt alot and gained alot of basic and more advanced experience. i left due to me wanting a career change and to earn more money
clarks
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton3 October 2017
clarks is excellent company to work for. They are excellent at training staff and the benefits are fab. Quality products accepting shoes. Very fast past job if not use to working at fast pace then Clarks isn't the company for you.
Love the team
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Newquay1 October 2017
Became good friends with the team there and loved the environment created in store. You end up building great connections with the regulars and can have wonderful experiences with them.
Good training
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh1 October 2017
Worked at Clarks during the back to school period and absolutely loved my time there. Staff were friendly and extremely helpful. They provide incredible training for new starts on how to measure feet. Overall great place to work
The people are really nice just not a lot of money to be had with the hard work put in
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester Park, Greater London28 September 2017
I enjoy working at clarks all the people are nice. The manger can be a bit horrible sometimes by not giving breaks or keeping you much longer than your shift and not paying you for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.