Clarks Employee Reviews

Amazing first place to work
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke31 August 2017
I really enjoyed working at Clarks. For me, it was an excellent first job. The team are a lovely group of people to work with, the targets are reasonable, you are always getting rewarded and there is always the opportunity for progress in the future.
Productive, fun work place
Back to school customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh29 August 2017
Worked at Clarks during the back to school period and absolutely loved my time there. Staff were friendly and extremely helpful. They provide incredible training for new starts on how to measure feet. Overall great place to work.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Temporary contracts
Fun place to work
Team leader (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 August 2017
Clarks is a really good company to work for, great for progression and direction from management. Could not recommend more. especially for temp work and seasonal staff.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Long days
Decent job, poor management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grantham, Lincolnshire22 August 2017
The job was ok, became repetitive at times. I was on a zero hour contract, and management seemed reluctant to give me over 6 hours per week. Left job due to this.
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside22 August 2017
Clarks was a very proffessional company to work for, who consistently made it their aim to provide customers with the best products and services. I gained alot of customer service experience from Clarks and i am grateful for how the helped me grow
Pros
discount
Cons
not enough hours
good company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromley, Greater London21 August 2017
good company to work for, good rate of pay, great work team, highly recommend to work for....lovely products that they sell highly recommend the products
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire18 August 2017
Generally a good place to work. Friendly environment. Lots of customers to serve simultaneously. Pretty much everybody got along and the management was really good. Looked after all employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
A lot of customers
Fun and exciting place of work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Isle of Wight17 August 2017
I absolutely love working for Clarks. The environment is not only fun, friendly and welcoming but the different day to day challenges you have to face as a shop assistant are dynamic and in a way quite exciting.

Clarks has really helped me learn how to be part of a team and the management, especially in the shop I work in, is professional, however warm and welcoming.

The hardest part of the job is potentially having to deal with difficult customers who can sometimes be rude and offensive, on a personal level. Having to deal with customers and be polite back can sometimes be extremely difficult in this type of job role.
However, being part of such an amazing team definitely help to counter act this negative.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 August 2017
fully flexible hours good busy store very good team work very helpful understanding staff to work with delivery is busy over all good experiance i enjoyed working there.
my job role
Sales Associate (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London11 August 2017
A past paced but yet great customer service which I really enjoy giving to the customers as it is important as it will always give them a good impression and to come back into the store again due to my great customer serivce.
Productive workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Leigh, Lancashire8 August 2017
This job involved working on the back to school range selling school shoes to children. The children had to be measured and fitted whilst delivering excellent customer service. I was also required to work on the adults section, advising and selling shoes to adults. This consisted of talking to the customers to find out what they wanted and advising them on what I thought was the best option for their required taste. Throughout this job I had to work with all ages of people, male and female delivering excellent customer service.
Awful
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kent8 August 2017
Awful company to work for it may have changed a lot since he period i was working for the company. But they set unrealistic targets, poor management and a un friendly atmosphere.
Productive if you make yourself productive but a fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Essex6 August 2017
A typical day at work is dependant on the time of year, the busier the better. I learnt the importance of shoe size on a growing foot, the importance the interaction between worker and customer
Pros
reasonable pay
Cons
not enough hours
Productive Workplace
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford5 August 2017
I worked here for a couple of months and found that all staff were friendly and helped me out on the occasions in which I needed assistance. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet high targets but this only encouraged me to work harder than before.
Overall good
Summer Temp (Former Employee) –  Horsham, West Sussex5 August 2017
The staff make you feel welcome, you get trained very well in order to accommodate peoples needs more efficiently and it has boosted my customer service skills.
work exprience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester4 August 2017
stocking shelves in the back to have them ready for the up coming Christmas holidays the most enjoyable part was turning up ever day. the management was really friendly
Pros
being able to work with nice people
Cons
having to be work expriemce
A good first job...
SALES ASSISSTANT (Former Employee) –  Bristol3 August 2017
It was a fun place to work and was extremely flexible around my hours of study as was still studying at college during my time here. It was an enjoyable job and there was great potential to work up, unfortunately, retail was not what I was looking for on a long term basis.
Workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 August 2017
Usually we are expected to come in ten minutes before our shift starts just so we can make sure that we are on time. We are briefed for the first couple of minutes just to make sure we are aware of anything new such as promotions or discounts that should be mentioned to customers. I've learnt how to adapt the way I speak to help people of different backgrounds and abilities understand the same concept. The hardest part of the job is trying to make sure everyone is being served without making them wait if there aren't many people working on a particular day. The most enjoyable part is getting to interact with people and learning new things about people.
Pros
Staff are all similar ages and friendly
Cons
Short Shifts
Fun workplace, laid back
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wallingford, Oxfordshire1 August 2017
Was a fun place to work although I felt like I was being left to do more than my job description said and could not balance it toward the end with my school work.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Disorganised stock rooms
I absolutely love this job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire31 July 2017
Works around your life style and children if you have any! Goes above and beyond With the wage! More then the nation living wage for 16 and over over all perfect job for just leaving school
Pros
Discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.