Clarks Employee Reviews

Franchise stores
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Caterham, Surrey17 June 2018
Had a grate team work in the shop, learned lot of life skills,
Franchise working way lot different to that normal retail store. Best part is working with people
hardest part is Woking with Franchise owner.
Always a fun place to work.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Ealing Broadway Shopping centre7 June 2018
With this company you are always learning. The company put you on courses such as leadership and fitting courses so that you can implement all your learnings within the business.
Pros
good holiday entitlement
Cons
sometimes short of staff
great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford7 June 2018
brilliant job for getting experince in sales loved it. would reccomend to anyone also.
sell shoes
meet people
make money
gucci gang gucci gang
clarks fo days
Great Company
Sales Team Member (STM) (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk7 June 2018
Friendly staff members who are easy to get on with and have a passion for shoes. Great benefits with 33% discount and you are defiantly looked after. However hours are not always there to be given and may be sent home early if quiet.
Awful place to work!
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall7 June 2018
The management are young and clueless! You constantly get put in for shifts at the last minute & not told & then you het harrassed over the phone to see where you are?! The sales targets are unrealistic and god for bid yoo dont meet the targets, your life becomes a living nightmare. The pressure to sell is so bad that customers sometimes leave due to the pressure. The team are lovely and yoi work your butt off but the management and owners spoil it and you will feel trapped, dont work here!!
Encouraging and supportive workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, Fort Kinnaird4 June 2018
Typical day at work would involve various jobs i.e. stock, selling, cashier.
Received in-depth training in shoe fitting for adult/children's department, stock-taking and working on tills.
Supportive environment where you're encouraged to challenge and improve yourself.
Fun workplace
Banking & Admin (Former Employee) –  Shephers Bush, Greater London3 June 2018
During the time of being a sales assistant, I would come in and have a briefing of what the store/individuals targets are.

Making sure all customers are greeted, having confidence in the knowledge you provide. Dealing with problems (refunds/exchanges/complaints/ well and efficiently.

During the time of being a cash handler for the entire store and dealing with all admin, first thing i'd have to do is open the store and count the amount of cash in all tills. This would follow onto completing the banking of the whole store, making sure the money adds up and if there are any anomalies I would have to rectify them.

The admin side of a day-to-day basis would be making sure all refunds/exchanges are done correctly. If they are not, I will need to rectify it on the system.
Pros
Starting and finishing early
Cons
Far
Extremely demanding place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Llanelli, Carmarthenshire28 May 2018
You’re expected to hit unrealistic targets and meet unrealistic standards by the mangemnts team. When you are out of place by a small amount they’ll rain down on you. I haven’t worked here long and I no longer do as I “didn’t say hello enough” this was the excuse I was given when my contract was terminated. The management team also had already terminated by contract 2 weeks prior to telling me so I would work their busy hours. I’m disgusted at how badly the training is done and how you’re expected to preform, after such a massive brand has done so we’ll in the passed I feel it’s making its way back down the line.
Pros
Free shoes, other employees share how to feel.
Cons
Bad management, unorganised, bias towards the senior team.
good experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow23 May 2018
working in Clarks was a new experience for myself, you get trained on how to fit shoes and you learn new things that you didn't know before. the team I was working with was a great team.
Sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead20 May 2018
Everything is good here but I am looking for a change in career because I don't want to be stuck in Clarks full time. It's something like "Once in Clark's your in Clarks for ever"

The family friendly atmosphere has somewhat disappeared as well.
Pros
Pay, Discounts
Cons
no cons
Staff are lovely and the manager is amazing
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Widnes, Cheshire17 May 2018
Clarks is a great place to start a career if you're just starting out once you have finished school. The team at Widnes are amazing and will do their best to make you feel welcome and part of the team.
Pros
Exceptional team to work with.
Cons
Hours can be a bit limited.
Good pay and flexible hours
Sales Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford16 May 2018
Overall, working at Clarks was a good experience, with a competitive salary and very flexible working hours. The people were friendly and always around to provide support, however the atmosphere was sometimes very tense and pushy
Good experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton12 May 2018
Learnt how to interact with customers and children positively to ensure good customer service. Job requires you to be fast paced and calm under pressure especially during back to school time as it can get extremely busy.
Hard
Floor walks
Floor moves
Driving sales
Work culture aggressive

Customer satisfaction was hard, children wear was difficult
to deliver

Pros
Discount
Cons
Work culture
Poductive during sale time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London30 April 2018
A typical day working at Clarks would be boring the majority of the time as I was always on the kids floor on my own and the store would be very quiet, I learnt how to fit kids shoes and measure feet using a manual gauge.
Pros
Good staff discount
Cons
short hours
Fun and friendly work environment
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 April 2018
Very friendly and interesting employees, the atmosphere in the store is always calm and fun. Even when the store gets busy everyone is organised and knows what they are doing, and even if someone requires help there are plenty of nice people around who can give a helping hand.
Good place to work, good hours and nice people.
General Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scunthorpe24 April 2018
A typical day was busy due to the high demand on school shoes as the new year was starting, measuring feet and working on a till was what the day consists off
Great pay but no life
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Tyneside, Tyne and Wear20 April 2018
The sales targets are ridiculous alongside shoe care and multi sales.
Too much pressure on those who work 4 hr contracts who are also studying full time.
Threatened with disciplinary if targets not reached even in quiet times.
No chance getting a holiday in the summer so if in studies that means you miss out on a load of things with mates.
Constant observations with nit picky feedback.
Back to school is not fun

However, all that being said management are lovely and just doing their job. Team spirit and all that is very enjoyable and i have learnt a lot of valuable skills from my time at clarks.
Rate of pay is fantastic but the hours aren't always available.

Never go in hungover... the kids screams will be the death of you
Pros
free shoes. good pay, supportive management
Cons
can't go to any summer holidays, lots of pressure to perform to ever moving standards
Generally a good place to work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow8 April 2018
Having worked here for a few years, Im sad to say its gone downhill. I generally looked forward to my shifts, but not that often anymore, Unrealistic targets and bullying, intimidating management is to blame. The main bulk of the staff and customers however are a pleasure to work with. Its them that make it bearable.
Pros
Fair rate of pay, free shoes
Cons
unrealistic targets
nice place to work
Childrens shoe fitter (Former Employee) –  Gateshead2 April 2018
I worked here over the summer period and was only on a temp 8hour contract. in the beginning, I would do 8 hours and then get offered extra hours when available. as I was only 16 I only worked 4h max at a time so I never got a break on a shift. managers were nice and pay was great for me at the time as they paid everyone the same no matter of age.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.