Clarks Employee Reviews

fun and rewarding workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol24 January 2018
A great Management team, great colleagues, and workplace culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the customers happy. A typical day at work find shoes for customers check sizes and stock sorting.
Loved it !
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hatfield23 January 2018
I really love working here, the working environment, manager and my colleagues have really contributed in my excellent time whilst being employed here.
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow City, Glasgow22 January 2018
I absolutely love my job and the people and customers I work with, however the reason I am looking to leave is because I am a 4 hour contract currently, and in my store there are no more hours to get.
.Excellent for customer range experience.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London22 January 2018
Clarks for me was a good place to gain valuable work experience, It is very busy store with a diverse range of customers.The training offered was very good but specific to clarks method of marketing. I enjoyed the challenging atmosphere and customer satisfaction resulting from a good service.
Pros
Training offered.
fun place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire22 January 2018
I have to start the day with serving customers with the tablet showing all the shoes availability. I had became more confident in the front of the house greeting customers. The manager was great and understanding of any issues. It get very busy during peak season such as Christmas and Easter. The most busiest time is back to school for the kids section. I really enjoy going into work meeting all my colleagues.
Pros
only a short shift
Cons
serve loads of customers at the same time
Reliable and fun
sales assissant and key holder (Former Employee) –  Hertfordshire19 January 2018
Great company to work for. Hours fitted around my education. New skills to learn daily. Training is constant so you are always improving with your performance as well as your knowledge for the company.
Vibrant staff and work state
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seven Sisters17 January 2018
Easy going but when customers come rolling in during off-hours does tend to take us off balance but I was able to manage under pressure and it's well worth it as experience is much needed and you learn more about yourself and how you handle certain situations.
Pros
Work Breaks
Fun and productive workplace
Crown Point Retail Park, Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds17 January 2018
Management were very organised, having faith in employees to delegate work. The overall workplace culture was fun however seasonal fluctuations in the summer made the job quite stressful.
Good pay but sometimes not so great atmosphere.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southend16 January 2018
Majority of staff are nice to work with however a few members of staff are patronising and rude, especially to those of a lower position in the work place.
Productive and fun place
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire15 January 2018
Great place to work at however more hours needed everything else is great.The staff members are so lovely and it's a good environment to be in.Id say there are no flaws just needed more hours not 4-8 a week.
Pros
great staff members
Cons
less hours
fun working place
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire12 January 2018
Clarks is a good shoe factory as it sells high quality products which brings customers for them kind f products. Therefore their staff there are very friendly and are able to give you advice on the shoes you are buying. The good thing about it is they don't only sell shoes, there are other products which catches customers eyes.
Pros
staff friendly
Unrealistic targets / unpleasant management
Shoe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex7 January 2018
Working here as a temporary shoe fitter, I found myself mostly unwelcomed by other senior staff members. Many colleagues wher rude or unpleasant to be around. I felt like a lesser member of the team as a temp, this may not be true for all stores.

work targets for back to school shoes are ridiculous. It’s almost impossible to provide a perfect service to a child within 15 minutes. Trying to persuade a family to buy extra shoes or trainers is particularly embarrassing. most customers make it clear at the start what they do and don’t want, but company policy makes you push extra products which the customers don’t want!!!!!

The positives would be thorough training plus free/discounted shoes. It’s pretty heartwarming to help the kids and lovely to see them get a new pair of shoes they love!! Customer interaction can be great!
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
Company attitude
Wonderful place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bradford3 January 2018
As my first job this prepared me for a successful future career in retail, management and staff are all wonderful people. Taught me many skills that are required and brought me out of my shell as a quiet person. Working with children on the kids department is the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seven Sisters19 December 2017
A typical day at work consists of greeting and serving customers - mainly children and their parents. Overall I enjoy dealing with customer enquiries and serving their needs to their satisfaction. This role includes measuring children's feet and then recommending shoes according to their size and style. I love kids so this job was suitable for me as they are adorable although at times it does get difficult to satisfy both the parent and the child as they have different styles in mind. The hardest part of the job is the part where at some point standing on your feet all day can get to you other than that i prefer to stay active because then i'll know I'm being productive with my time so if it's not that busy then I would tag shoes on shop floor or just organise them to keep myself occupied.
Pros
Gained experience is customer service skills as well as how to deal with angry customers
Cons
short hours
retail possition
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol16 December 2017
retail is a hard industry to work in, long hours, little pay and often little or no skill required
I worked in retail for years clarks had great work benefits but 75% of my time was spend cleaning or standing still, it lacked massive amounts of motivation and took years to acquire any skills to be used else where.
Pros
staff benifits
Cons
boring
Fun and Interactive
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent13 December 2017
During a typical day at Clarks I would be helping customers find their perfect pair of shoes that fits their needs as well as providing top quality customer service. I would be helping both adults and kids fit their shoes for them. The work environment is always friendly with a positive atmosphere.

However, because my work hours are based on shifts rather work days, I would sometimes find myself missing lunch if I had a shift that was 11pm-3pm.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Awkward shift times
Productive and calm workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Antrim, County Antrim13 December 2017
I worked at a Clark's clearance store on a 4 hour contract, the store was never that busy so a typical day normally consisted of pairing up mismatched shoes, price-checking, customer service and taking returns, alongside any sales made throughout the day.
The management was good, the store manager and assistant manager always made me feel comfortable whilst working.
The hardest part of the job was either learning how the tills worked (they were quite dated), or learning how things were organised in the back room.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide customers with the service they needed - they were often very vocal about whether we had done a good job of serving them and it was very rewarding when they put in a good word about any of the employees.
Fun workplace and friendly staff
Sales Team Member (Summer Temp) (Former Employee) –  Andover6 December 2017
Friendly and supportive staff and management. Help with training and how to use equipment. Hardest part of the job was getting use to measuring with precision. Most enjoyable part was becoming friends with staff and building confidence by talking to customers.
Productive and fun working place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester6 December 2017
Very easy to get along with people, there are tonnes of opportunities for people to take. It was a very fun and exciting experience, which led me to a job i am currently in.
Fun work place, great team atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire3 December 2017
Great members of staff, understanding manager but can become tiring running up stairs constantly, apart from that it’s a great place to work with a good pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.