Clarks Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire15 January 2018
Great place to work at however more hours needed everything else is great.The staff members are so lovely and it's a good environment to be in.Id say there are no flaws just needed more hours not 4-8 a week.
Pros
great staff members
Cons
less hours
fun working place
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire12 January 2018
Clarks is a good shoe factory as it sells high quality products which brings customers for them kind f products. Therefore their staff there are very friendly and are able to give you advice on the shoes you are buying. The good thing about it is they don't only sell shoes, there are other products which catches customers eyes.
Pros
staff friendly
Unrealistic targets / unpleasant management
Shoe Fitter (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex7 January 2018
Working here as a temporary shoe fitter, I found myself mostly unwelcomed by other senior staff members. Many colleagues wher rude or unpleasant to be around. I felt like a lesser member of the team as a temp, this may not be true for all stores.

work targets for back to school shoes are ridiculous. It’s almost impossible to provide a perfect service to a child within 15 minutes. Trying to persuade a family to buy extra shoes or trainers is particularly embarrassing. most customers make it clear at the start what they do and don’t want, but company policy makes you push extra products which the customers don’t want!!!!!

The positives would be thorough training plus free/discounted shoes. It’s pretty heartwarming to help the kids and lovely to see them get a new pair of shoes they love!! Customer interaction can be great!
Pros
Customer interaction
Cons
Company attitude
Wonderful place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bradford3 January 2018
As my first job this prepared me for a successful future career in retail, management and staff are all wonderful people. Taught me many skills that are required and brought me out of my shell as a quiet person. Working with children on the kids department is the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seven Sisters19 December 2017
A typical day at work consists of greeting and serving customers - mainly children and their parents. Overall I enjoy dealing with customer enquiries and serving their needs to their satisfaction. This role includes measuring children's feet and then recommending shoes according to their size and style. I love kids so this job was suitable for me as they are adorable although at times it does get difficult to satisfy both the parent and the child as they have different styles in mind. The hardest part of the job is the part where at some point standing on your feet all day can get to you other than that i prefer to stay active because then i'll know I'm being productive with my time so if it's not that busy then I would tag shoes on shop floor or just organise them to keep myself occupied.
Pros
Gained experience is customer service skills as well as how to deal with angry customers
Cons
short hours
retail possition
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol16 December 2017
retail is a hard industry to work in, long hours, little pay and often little or no skill required
I worked in retail for years clarks had great work benefits but 75% of my time was spend cleaning or standing still, it lacked massive amounts of motivation and took years to acquire any skills to be used else where.
Pros
staff benifits
Cons
boring
Fun and Interactive
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent13 December 2017
During a typical day at Clarks I would be helping customers find their perfect pair of shoes that fits their needs as well as providing top quality customer service. I would be helping both adults and kids fit their shoes for them. The work environment is always friendly with a positive atmosphere.

However, because my work hours are based on shifts rather work days, I would sometimes find myself missing lunch if I had a shift that was 11pm-3pm.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Awkward shift times
Productive and calm workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Antrim, County Antrim13 December 2017
I worked at a Clark's clearance store on a 4 hour contract, the store was never that busy so a typical day normally consisted of pairing up mismatched shoes, price-checking, customer service and taking returns, alongside any sales made throughout the day.
The management was good, the store manager and assistant manager always made me feel comfortable whilst working.
The hardest part of the job was either learning how the tills worked (they were quite dated), or learning how things were organised in the back room.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide customers with the service they needed - they were often very vocal about whether we had done a good job of serving them and it was very rewarding when they put in a good word about any of the employees.
Fun workplace and friendly staff
Sales Team Member (Summer Temp) (Former Employee) –  Andover6 December 2017
Friendly and supportive staff and management. Help with training and how to use equipment. Hardest part of the job was getting use to measuring with precision. Most enjoyable part was becoming friends with staff and building confidence by talking to customers.
Productive and fun working place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Stockport, Greater Manchester6 December 2017
Very easy to get along with people, there are tonnes of opportunities for people to take. It was a very fun and exciting experience, which led me to a job i am currently in.
Fun work place, great team atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire3 December 2017
Great members of staff, understanding manager but can become tiring running up stairs constantly, apart from that it’s a great place to work with a good pay
Productive and Professional
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London30 November 2017
At Clarks, you will be kept on your toes all day so it is a good place for someone who is active and likes to keep busy. The management are friendly and professional.
Cons
Unpaid breaks
Productive and a fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torquay28 November 2017
I enjoyed my time here, as you get to meet different people for different needs, learn new skills or build on ones you have, staff really friendly, hours are fair.
Pros
Hours are bendable
Cons
small stock room
Work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 November 2017
it was a fun working environment , when I was a team member at Clarks it was back to summer season therefore really busy however the staff and management helped make it better and easier, they supported me and were really nice.
Challenging and good benefits
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton27 November 2017
The company are very appreciative of their staff. A competitive hourly rate as well as clear and attainable targets that also stretch and challenge the staff.
Nice Staff and enjoyable working environment
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromley22 November 2017
Although I was on as a temporary sales assistant, I found the inconsistant and short hours extremely frustrating, other than that I fully enjoyed my working experience
Pros
Free pair of Clarks' shoes
Cons
Inconsistant hours
Comfortable and easy going.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 November 2017
Comfortable place to work with many benefits and opportunities. Offers various types of training and supports you in each step. Very flexible, very friendly.
Producive and fun workplace
Sales Advisor [summer temp] (Former Employee) –  Canterbury19 November 2017
great staff always offering opportunities to grow. a typical day at work would be clocking in and then finding your team leader who will give you a run down of what's going on and where you slot in for the day
Pros
Friendly collegues
Cons
not enough shifts
Found working there uncomfortable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 November 2017
While working at Clarks I did feel like the staff were intimidating and demanding of the temporary staff which made the working environment very uncomfortable.

Also my timetable would constantly get changed before I had a chance to check meaning my hours were constantly muddled up and would result in me having to go home and then come back later in the day quite often.
fun place to work
SHOE FITTER (Former Employee) –  Windsor, Berkshire10 November 2017
Loved working here, learnt valuable new experiences, along with how to deal with busy environments that I took with me to my other jobs. I enjoyed stocking the stock rooms also.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.