Clarks Employee Reviews

i have always liked working for clarks
Sales (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 March 2018
i have worked for Clarks for 4 years and seen a lot change over time. But overall Clarks do care about their staff and i Have enjoyed my time working there.
Great First Job
Trained Shoe Fitter and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton6 March 2018
Helped create the best work experience and overall environment of the job was great. It was also an educational experience as it teaches you all about what shoes are best equipped for all ages.
Pros
Great Pay and free shoes
Cons
Touch kids feet
Great people and good money
Store assistant (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire6 March 2018
Learned a lot about sales, and interacting with the public. The management team was very friendly and patient, attended a training course and became a trained fitter for the children's section.
Pros
free shoes
Cons
not a lot of hours
Best place ever
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich5 March 2018
I have worked at a Norwich store for around 3 years and I would never want to leave! Every person I work with is so so friendly and all like family/ down to earth- I don't know if it is like this in every store, but work doesn't even feel like work as I enjoy my time here. I have worked at other places, and I recognise it is isn't always easy to find a friendly, fun workplace! Free shoes and good discounts, I highly recommend working for this company.
Pros
Free shoes, discounts, training, friendly, fun
Cons
None! Salary could be higher hehe
Great place
Hairdresser and Beautician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 March 2018
Great job got on with all the clients and staff very well and due yo my dedication i became a very respected and trusted member of the family. I would now like a career in the care industry
great environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street3 March 2018
• Gained key customer service skills by assisting customers on a daily basis by advising and selling products to ensure the highest number of sales.
• Other responsibilities involved add on sales at tills, stock checks and ensuring the store is well merchandised and clean, which amplified my ability to balance such tasks, especially during peak times of the day
Nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peckham Rye Park, Greater London28 February 2018
typical day was working with customers when they come in and find out what type of shoe they were looking for. the colleagues there were funny and nice to work with
Bleh
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire28 February 2018
Management did not have a clue. Very gossipy, immature place to work due to a majoritively student workforce. Vary rare to be granted additional hours as they'd prefer to hire lots of part timers.
Pros
33% discount on shoes and the pay was good
Cons
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire27 February 2018
Fun environment to work in, though was not given enough hours. Dealing with customers can be tiring, both adults and children, but the camaraderie of the shop was helpful.
Good learning experience, co workers are super kind, management is not great.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire26 February 2018
During the time I worked here I came to realise £4.05 wasn't enough for the amount of pressure put on us as staff. I felt looked down on by the management (Not all but a few specific people). We were pressured to hit our targets, that were most of the time way to high for the amount of staff working at once. I can recall on countless times being pulled aside at the end of a shift and complained at for not reaching my target. There were alot of younger people (Around 16 years old), like myself. I felt that the manager expected too much from us, considering I had never had a sales job prior to this. It wasnt all bad though, the staff were lovely to work with and very friendly to me when I first started. The staff was the only thing keeping me from finding another job. I found it to be a great learning experience and found myself develop my social skills with customers. My hours were the same each week, because Im still in education. We had to be at work 10 mins before we start and would often not finish untill 5:45 - 5:50, when we were contracted to finish at 5:30. This extra time spent was also unpaid for. I also would only get a 30 min lunch for a 8 hour shift.
Pros
Free shoes when you start, flexible hours, friendly co workers
Cons
Low Pay, not great management, vast amount of pressure on staff
Relatively a nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Essex25 February 2018
With Clarks you need a certain level of people skills and patients. Some customers are a pleasure to serve and others are the complete opposite. You tend to get repeating customers which is nice as you get to know them you build a good relationship. The hardest part of this job is when the customer doesn't listen to the word you say when it comes to a fitting you have done to either their child or to themselves. But this goes with most retail jobs where you just have to shrug it off.
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
the public
Excellent environment to work in
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester22 February 2018
This job taught me a lot of life long skills which will be useful for the future.

An example of this is being patient with children and elderly people as well as having to be attentive and calm.

Although the work shifts can be stressful and very tiring it is very rewarding seeing how happy the customer has been with the service and knowing that you have done something to the best of your ability.

The workplace atmosphere may be a little tense when it is busy as you have customers constantly shouting at you, but it is can also be a fun atmosphere with all the staff.
productive workplace
SALES ASSISTANT / CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee) –  Colliers Wood, Greater London8 February 2018
A normal day at work would have involved communicating and dealing with customers from different backgrounds. Also replenishing the shop floor, accepting delivery and maintaining the stock room. as it was my first job i learnt general customer service skills and it built my team working skills. management were always ahead of tasks and also had reviews with us to tell us what we were doing well and what we can improve. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unhappy customers. The most enjoyable part of the job would have to be dealing with different customers from different backgrounds everyday and also the colleagues around me made the workplace very enjoyable.
Fun and great team
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hounslow4 February 2018
Every store I worked at, I made some great friends.
It is a company you can build a career in. The managers will help you achieve your goals.
But most of all it has a fun work environment.
Work Life
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 February 2018
Clarks is a great company to work for. Not only for the atmosphere created with colleges but also the ability to be transferred to a different store or to pick up extra shifts.
good place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport, Isle of Wight29 January 2018
love my job here always something to do, meeting lots of people on a daily basis. I enjoy the shoes fitting in the kids department and in the holidays it s always packed out. I work with a great group of people of all ages.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
only part time contracts
Not a happy place to work
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cehlmsford27 January 2018
Throughout my time at Clarks, I found their values and the way they spoke to their employees (at this specific store) to be condescending and less than helpful. There is no room for growth or questions with these specific managers. I did not feel accepted or like a respected member of the team.
Pros
The salary, Quality of products
Cons
The management and their manorisms
Big and a bit bureaucratic
GROUP DIRECTOR OF STRATEGY (Former Employee) –  Somerset27 January 2018
Used to be a fast growing good and profitable business until 2016. Since then lots of good people have left. The business still has a legacy of great heritage.
Busy and exciting environment
Consumer Advisor (Current Employee) –  Street27 January 2018
When I arrived in the morning, I had to complete the outstanding contacts to show the Management what I needed to complete. The phone lines will then open and we will start taking calls whilst completing emails. The phone lines shut at 5 and we then complete our productivity and send over to the Manager to show what we have done.
Good learning environment
Seller (Current Employee) –  Sutton Coldfield25 January 2018
Most enjoyable part of the job is learning about the shoes and gaining knowledge on trigenic technology. I have learned that when I needed help or assistance with something you can ask at any point and management or other colleagues will always help each other. I also learned to followed my instincts when speaking to customers individually. The hardest part of the job is trying to sell shoes and leave a good impression but maybe on the odd occasion feel pressur e. Overall the workplace is a very calm environment.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
hours stretched throughout the week make it harder to plan things outside of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.