Clarks Employee Reviews

Found 712 reviews matching the search See all 1,037 reviews
good pay but not good hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire11 December 2018
was only being given 4-8 hours a week and the job could be very stressful when lots of customers flooded in when children where getting closer to going back to school.
Pros
pay
Cons
poor hours
productive friendly environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset6 September 2018
A typical day consisted of helping customers, displaying stock, making sales where you would be meeting targets. Often helping with back to school. Good training was provided and the team were very friendly and helpful.
Awful place to work!
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall7 June 2018
The management are young and clueless! You constantly get put in for shifts at the last minute & not told & then you het harrassed over the phone to see where you are?! The sales targets are unrealistic and god for bid yoo dont meet the targets, your life becomes a living nightmare. The pressure to sell is so bad that customers sometimes leave due to the pressure. The team are lovely and yoi work your butt off but the management and owners spoil it and you will feel trapped, dont work here!!
Good place to work can have fun
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire25 August 2018
Really good working with staff simple but challenging jobs more confidence talking with others made friends with staff easily I followed easy intrusions and asked for help if needed it
Pros
Early shifts
Cons
Working on ground floor cleaning
Nice Team
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire24 September 2018
I love the team I work with, the managers are nice.
stress from head office makes it not a nice place to work, the money is not great. I want to be contracted to more hours however they will not give me them as want more staff members.
productive and fun
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 September 2018
working at clarks was a good lace, i had a very great time there and i managed to learn my roll very quick. i also made friends with people there and got along with everybody.
Pros
friendly environment
Fun work place
Temporary sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire15 January 2019
Very friendly good work atmosphere, the management team were very helpful and it was an extremely rewarding workplace. Overall positive experience would recommend.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex5 November 2018
clarks is a great place to work, sales assistants are treated fairly all earning the same age no matter the age. very flexible with shifts and holiday. Management is always there to listen
ok place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor26 June 2018
daily routine would be to clean and check shelves, check stock and making sure the stock room is kept tidy and organised, attending to customers and helping them to choose the correct product for their needs. I learned how to fit shoes on children correctly. Management were fair and followed procedures correctly and treated staff equally. they also rewarded good feedback. staff got along great and there was laughs to be had during quieter periods. Hardest part of the job was to try and push certain sales for targets especially when it was to sell something you knew you would not buy yourself or was not really necessary for what the customer was trying to purchase. good parts of the job was fitting shoes on babies and seeing them have their first pair and making it a special occasion for parent and baby.
Pros
75% discount on shoes
Cons
targets set on unreachable sales
Fun workplace with lovely colleagues
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lymington29 September 2018
Clark’s was a very decent job and fun but I have to leave because it was very hard to get to and back as I worked awkward hours and I do not drive yet
Pros
Nice setting
Cons
Awkward hours
Extremely demanding place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Llanelli, Carmarthenshire28 May 2018
You’re expected to hit unrealistic targets and meet unrealistic standards by the mangemnts team. When you are out of place by a small amount they’ll rain down on you. I haven’t worked here long and I no longer do as I “didn’t say hello enough” this was the excuse I was given when my contract was terminated. The management team also had already terminated by contract 2 weeks prior to telling me so I would work their busy hours. I’m disgusted at how badly the training is done and how you’re expected to preform, after such a massive brand has done so we’ll in the passed I feel it’s making its way back down the line.
Pros
Free shoes, other employees share how to feel.
Cons
Bad management, unorganised, bias towards the senior team.
Low Salary
Sales Team Member (Current Employee) –  West Sussex8 January 2019
Customers treat you appallingly. You are not paid what you are worth. Getting holiday is almost impossible. You will ache all over for days. Back to school is the worst thing. ever.
Fun workplace
Banking & Admin (Former Employee) –  Shephers Bush, Greater London3 June 2018
During the time of being a sales assistant, I would come in and have a briefing of what the store/individuals targets are.

Making sure all customers are greeted, having confidence in the knowledge you provide. Dealing with problems (refunds/exchanges/complaints/ well and efficiently.

During the time of being a cash handler for the entire store and dealing with all admin, first thing i'd have to do is open the store and count the amount of cash in all tills. This would follow onto completing the banking of the whole store, making sure the money adds up and if there are any anomalies I would have to rectify them.

The admin side of a day-to-day basis would be making sure all refunds/exchanges are done correctly. If they are not, I will need to rectify it on the system.
Pros
Starting and finishing early
Cons
Far
Rigid sales technique
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex18 September 2018
The management staff enforced a sales technique that was so rigid, none of them ever questioned it, and it often led to befuddled customers questions why their simple instructions were being ignored.
fun and friendly
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnley3 September 2018
It's a very long time ago, but I remember enjoying working here. Everybody was welcoming and I received support due to the fact I had a young child. This was my first real experience of customer service.
Pros
part time hours
productive and fun
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2018
Kept on your toes but still enjoyable.

Management are very understanding.

Hardest part is when a there is a busy rush during a sale.

Most enjoyable part is communicating with colleages.
Productive and positive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Isle of Man13 October 2018
I was pushed out of my comfort zone which had a positive impact on me. The management were great and kept us busy throughout the day. Customers and staff are all great.
lovey environment and friendly team
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire6 September 2018
Nice place to work, they deliver very good training and everybody is very friendly. They are flexible with working hours and very relaxed if you need to swap shifts with each other.
great benefits
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Southwest28 September 2018
clarks has a great reward programme and pension/ holiday entitlement

tough working in store with minimal staffing it can be challenging.

a good company to work for with good ethics
benefits
wicked clarks
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colliers Wood, Greater London6 December 2018
yh it was good, nice place to work, management was good, everyone i worked with was good, the only reason i left was the location was very far from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.