Clarks Employee Reviews

Found 703 reviews matching the search See all 1,021 reviews
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter1 October 2018
Working at Clarks was fun and rewarding as I learnt a lot of new skills in the role I was in and also made a lot of friends which made it a very enjoyable place to work. The workplace culture was good for the most part, however I did experience some sexism and rudeness from male members of staff, particularly management.
great place to work in when I did workexperience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London30 September 2018
The atmosphere the management created was so welcoming. It felt like home already from the first day. They taught me all the basics of what it is to be a sales assistant. And it helped me progress in securing another great job afterwards.
Fun workplace with lovely colleagues
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lymington29 September 2018
Clark’s was a very decent job and fun but I have to leave because it was very hard to get to and back as I worked awkward hours and I do not drive yet
Pros
Nice setting
Cons
Awkward hours
great benefits
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Southwest28 September 2018
clarks has a great reward programme and pension/ holiday entitlement

tough working in store with minimal staffing it can be challenging.

a good company to work for with good ethics
benefits
Good pay, straightforward job but terrible hours & management
Sales Assistant/Fitter/Measurer (Former Employee) –  Cheshire27 September 2018
I was employed at a Clarks Outlet earlier this year and was trained as a kids fitter and measurer. The pay is decent and is the same for everyone regardless of age which I appreciate. A typical day included fitting shoes, measuring feet and generally keeping the kids area clean and tidy.
The majority of the people there were absolutely lovely and I learned to how to multitask as well as improving my customer service skills.
However, the hours weren't great, I was only doing 4 hours a week which was a lot less than I'd hoped for.
Management was terrible and the managers and team leaders were mostly nasty, unprofessional and rude. The worst part was the managers who especially targeted the younger workers.
Pros
Straightforward job, decent pay
Cons
Not enough hours, rude & terrible management
productive and fun
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 September 2018
working at clarks was a good lace, i had a very great time there and i managed to learn my roll very quick. i also made friends with people there and got along with everybody.
Pros
friendly environment
lovely place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire25 September 2018
fast paced during summer
staff were all lovely and professional
hours were flexible
products were nice to sell
learnt about patience with all types of customers
Challenging but worthwhile
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Norwich24 September 2018
Like all jobs, being a team leader comes with it's challenges. You have to be strong minded and sale driven, but also focused at the job at hand. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a challenge
Pros
Discount
Cons
Weekend work
Nice Team
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire24 September 2018
I love the team I work with, the managers are nice.
stress from head office makes it not a nice place to work, the money is not great. I want to be contracted to more hours however they will not give me them as want more staff members.
Decent
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  London19 September 2018
It was a decent place to work. I learned a lot about the company as well as about shoes and I will carry the knowledge with me for the rest of my life.
Rigid sales technique
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex18 September 2018
The management staff enforced a sales technique that was so rigid, none of them ever questioned it, and it often led to befuddled customers questions why their simple instructions were being ignored.
An enjoyable place to work
Trained kids fitter (Current Employee) –  Yeovil17 September 2018
I am a trained kids fitter, so a typical day involved being concentrated in the kids department and assisting parents and their children- such as measuring childrens feet, checking the fit of shoes and advising parents on what style is most suitable/provides the best fit. The management and fellow coworkers are all friendly, making working there even more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was the back to school period, our peak period which got very busy at times.
Pros
Workers benefits through OurWorld
Cons
Fixed 30minute break length
Productivee
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London16 September 2018
we went and start of by making sure the shop floor is Clean and presentable for the customers. I learnt to know the product and the company and how to deal with different parents and how to manage my time. the hardest part of the job is leaving because we would have to ensure the shop floor is neat and our manager is strict and she looks at very little things and ensures its done.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
don't get paid for break
friendly and supportive work enviroment
Shoe fitter/Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishop Auckland, Durham12 September 2018
Within the workplace, there was always support of fellow colleagues, especially when challenges were thrown our way. At certain periods of the year there was a high influx of customers which presented more challenges due to larger families with a wide variety of children with different requirements to fulfil. Along with families, we also get elderly customers who struggle with getting the right shoes so I sometimes have to ask for advice on what to recommend.
Overall the working environment was always positive with a productive manor.
Pros
flexible hours
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells, Kent10 September 2018
Clarks is an excellent place to learn new skills. They help to build on team working skills, target boosters and customer service skills. The work day is fast and busy during the summer periods. The staff are pleasant and engaging.
Good pay, positive atmosphere, interesting job
Sales Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kendal8 September 2018
I worked part-time at Clarks for 2 years and in that time most of my days working were spent in the kids department, helping to fit shoes. This was the interesting aspect of the job and since it paid well and I wasn't bored, I give it 5 stars.
Job is great, staff are not!
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Midlands7 September 2018
The job is lovely, however, the downfall is the staff. They don't handle customer feedback, enquiries or complaints well at all. Staff can come across very rude at most times and this is not appropriate. A number of customers have made complaints regarding this.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Staff attitude is appalling
productive friendly environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset6 September 2018
A typical day consisted of helping customers, displaying stock, making sales where you would be meeting targets. Often helping with back to school. Good training was provided and the team were very friendly and helpful.
lovey environment and friendly team
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire6 September 2018
Nice place to work, they deliver very good training and everybody is very friendly. They are flexible with working hours and very relaxed if you need to swap shifts with each other.
Productive and fun place to work
Retail assistant (christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 September 2018
Friendly manager and working staff with great pay and decent hours, they challenge your work ethic and give sufficient training. But have unrealistic sales targets occasionally.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Unrealistic sales targets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.