Clarks Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa14 August 2018
I have been working for the Clarks establishment for that of three years now, nearly edging onto four. I have watched myself grow more confidence, knowledge and skills throughout this year, more than i have of friends who don't work. I have watched shy people turn into complete business people, working for this establishment has really showed me that you can build a family of work friends and that working from a young age at a place which has such a fast pace, is guaranteed to benefit you in the long run.
Pros
colleagues, friends, shoes
Cons
some customers can be rude
Enjoyable and Challenging
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 August 2018
I provided exceptional customer service. My key duties included fitting and measuring customers, suggesting products, answering questions, and employing suggestive selling techniques. I possessed an understanding of merchandise as well as exceeding targets.
I used ipads to communicate whilst either in the stock room or shop floor, I regularly served 2 to 4 customers at the one time.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Good company to work for
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newtownards, County Down12 August 2018
Good company
Pension scheme
Same rate of pay for all sales assistants
Flexible working
Management very fair
Chance of promotion
Other schemes to help students
Good environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London8 August 2018
A typical day at work will include serving customers, making sure the shop floor is tidy and that the customer leaves with a happy smile. I learnt a lot about how a business runs and the retail scene in general.

Depending on the store, management can either be with you or work against you. In my experience, the management has been good to me.

Workplace culture is dependant on the manager, all the managers I have had encouraged good workplace culture, almost like a family.

KPI's are very demanding.

The people you meet and the relationships you form with other staff members.
Pros
Uniform Shoes
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds7 August 2018
Working at Clarks, I got the experience of greeting customer and working behind the tills, this boosted my confidence and to talk to new people aswell.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
On your feet all day
A New Experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex31 July 2018
As a whole, I didn't like what the job required me to do, which was touching feet for a living. But they made it worth while. For my first job, the pay was very generous, earning £3 more than anyone else I knew who was also working. They insisted on having a minimum of 2 days off per week to rest. The management was very welcoming and nice, as well as everyone else that worked there. Overall it is a great place to work.
Pros
Generous pay, wonderful staff
Cons
Touching feet
Draining
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire30 July 2018
Co-workers were lovely and great to work with, the company and job however not so much, higher management were bullies and inconsiderate to our feelings and complaints, the job was draining emotionally and the pay was not enough for the stress and strain we had to deal with and overall it was not enjoyable.
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
Pretty much everything else
Enjoyable and easy job
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Essex27 July 2018
Co workers and management are very helpful and laid back, customers also tend to be nice and it is always interesting socalising with them. You will be trained across four shifts in which you will be taught how to measure feet, fit shoes and sell them. Staff are very informative and helpful throughout this process and won’t let you fit a shoe in attended until you are 100% certain. The job is very social and interesting as you get to meet various people. Overall the job is very enjoyable and shift go very quick
Pros
Free pair of shoes, social, easy.
Cons
Short hours, not many shifts.
Enjoyable and very productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham26 July 2018
This work experience gave me confidence and knowledge of how a successful store such as clarks operates behind the scenes as well as on the shop floor. I took control of stock taking as well, greeting customers by the entrance to selling shoes with add ons. I gained confidence and interacted with customers on a daily basis.
Fast paced and interactive work experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington23 July 2018
I loved my time at Clark's and fell into the role quickly and with ease. I particularly enjoyed getting the opportunity to work with a wide range of people of all ages.
Fun working
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guisborough, North Yorkshire20 July 2018
When I have been at clarks I have found that everyone is very welcoming and easy to get a long with, in addition I think in this environment I believe that I have fitted in very well and that it has been a good experience there for me to be able to get a variety of different skills, such as time management, independence and team work.
general customer service
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Romford, Greater London19 July 2018
dealing with customers, doing general clean up around the store making the product presentable, managing and cleaning up stock room for processing to customers.
Pros
a good work experience in a young age
Cons
employees were sometimes come across as rude
It was fast pace and different from other work places
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  London17 July 2018
The job was fun managed to learn new skills as I went through out the day working their during my 3 months trial. I also enjoyed the fact that the staff will help you out if needed during the day.
Terrible company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire14 July 2018
I worked for clarks whilst at university and it was awful, if you aren’t being spoken to badly by customers then it’s management that are from my experience. The shop I worked in had a range of staff and every member of staff who wasn’t management wanted to quit. They expect you to work loads of hours around Christmas, Easter and summer, which as a student, is ridiculous to expect considering exam periods at university. The only saving factor really is the pay and the hours around the summer period, however even the summer can be a pain as if you are training it can take ages to complete. The training is draining and long winded and the company expectations are ridiculous considering.
Pros
Alright wages
Cons
Highly demanding
Great part time job
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire14 July 2018
Good job for summer as a student and nice group of people to work with. Training is lengthy and time off is difficult but the salary is good for retail.
Enjoyable
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Reading9 July 2018
Great fun working with the members in clarks, had a lot of laughs during work as well as helping out customers and school children preparing for school.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peckham2 July 2018
I had work experience in Clark’s for 5 days and i have learned a lot how to work in the shop floor and stock room. There’s nice staff who helps you they also friendly.
summary
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Devizes, Wiltshire1 July 2018
typical day includes working in stock room, behind tills and closely with customers. good employee perks are given through free shoes and good discounts
Pros
free shoes
Cons
stressful
Okay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire29 June 2018
This is a good first job and the store and employees you would be working with are beyond lovely to work with it's just the larger structure of the company that is the issue with this job.
Terrible company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire27 June 2018
No progression, the management is also very poor with little concern for its employees. The range barely updates to current fashion styles and wouldn't recommend working he

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.