Clarks Pay & Benefits reviews

retail possition
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol16 December 2017
retail is a hard industry to work in, long hours, little pay and often little or no skill required
I worked in retail for years clarks had great work benefits but 75% of my time was spend cleaning or standing still, it lacked massive amounts of motivation and took years to acquire any skills to be used else where.
Pros
staff benifits
Cons
boring
Nice Staff and enjoyable working environment
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromley22 November 2017
Although I was on as a temporary sales assistant, I found the inconsistant and short hours extremely frustrating, other than that I fully enjoyed my working experience
Pros
Free pair of Clarks' shoes
Cons
Inconsistant hours
Comfortable and easy going.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 November 2017
Comfortable place to work with many benefits and opportunities. Offers various types of training and supports you in each step. Very flexible, very friendly.
Good first job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 October 2017
This was my first job after leaving school. They were flexible with the shifts for the days I had college and the pay was good for a 17 year old that just left
good
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex5 October 2017
good friendly place to work, however the management are not the most understanding. the hourly rate is good and changing hours is pretty easy to do so.
Pros
good staff
clarks
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton3 October 2017
clarks is excellent company to work for. They are excellent at training staff and the benefits are fab. Quality products accepting shoes. Very fast past job if not use to working at fast pace then Clarks isn't the company for you.
Well paid and helpful
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre17 September 2017
At Clarks, I learned how to fit children's shoes using the equipment. This could be challenging when trying to fit shoes on a naughty child. The training was good and I was paid for it. The managers could be a bit grumpy. It was extremely busy during the summer months. The pay was good though.
Enjoyable.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Warrington16 September 2017
Good supportive colleagues, working to sales targets. Hours can be long with late nights and weekends. Friendly and good team to work with. A lot of focus on add on sales.
Nice Busy Summer
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple, Devon11 September 2017
worked for the busy summer period. training was very good but never did get my certificate. it did get stressful towards the end but we worked together to help each other out. very good job.
Pros
free work shoes
Cons
small contracts
Okay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead9 September 2017
Working at Clark's was great in terms of salary and hours. However, since I was temporary I only worked the summer. This was good but I was expected to fit and measure shoes without mistake- something I've never done before- after only knowing how to do it a few week. This was a lot of pressure.

I learnt how to fit and measure shoes but not how to actually get a multi sale (little to no instruction).

Some management were great, easy to talk to, you could go to them if you weren't sure about something etc. Others were not great. They looked down on you for asking questions (or at least seemed to).

People were friendly but the permanent staff weren't too kind to the temporary ones. I once even had several boxes of shoes knocked from my hands in the stockroom, something they seemed to think was a joke, something I seemed to think was unkind and unprofessional. Other staff however, couldn't have been kinder and if I were to go off my experience from them alone, it would make up for the rest, but that was not the case.

The hardest part of working here was the bit I mentioned above.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the salary.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Arrogant coworkers
Busy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter8 September 2017
If you're going to work as a summer temp expect it to be BUSY. Shifts are short and go quick but it is non stop. However, the job pays well and you're never without something to do.
Pros
Free work shoes
Cons
Mostly temp contracts
very fair and well organised
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Poole6 September 2017
Clarks believed that if you did the same job as someone else you should be paid the same. Love that! Good training and very well organised, could be stressful in back to school season.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 August 2017
fully flexible hours good busy store very good team work very helpful understanding staff to work with delivery is busy over all good experiance i enjoyed working there.
A good first job...
SALES ASSISSTANT (Former Employee) –  Bristol3 August 2017
It was a fun place to work and was extremely flexible around my hours of study as was still studying at college during my time here. It was an enjoyable job and there was great potential to work up, unfortunately, retail was not what I was looking for on a long term basis.
I absolutely love this job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire31 July 2017
Works around your life style and children if you have any! Goes above and beyond With the wage! More then the nation living wage for 16 and over over all perfect job for just leaving school
Pros
Discount
good work place
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  london4 July 2017
great place to work part time, although there are long hours can be really nice environment. typical day includes talking to customers, trying to sell shoes accessories and shoe care. hardest part is trying to reach target and pressure to do so.
Pros
good culture
Cons
short lunches, long hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Salford Quays, Greater Manchester29 June 2017
Clarks was a great part-time employer for me whilst at university. I worked in two separate outlet stores and was recommended by the area manager to transfer to another store so that I could continue working whilst away studying. The company has a good salary.
Fun to work there
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louth, Lincolnshire26 June 2017
Nice place to work very nice regular customer.nice staff. Just shifts were to short when having to travel in for minimum wage and paying for parking.wish my job had been permanent
Pros
Nice. Customer
Cons
Short shifts
Can be hardwork
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Derby20 June 2017
Great place to work. Can be hardwork at Sale periods and back to school periods. takes its toll on your knees!!!
Great products and good discount.
lots of KPIs to work to.
Friendly and great staff
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harrow, Greater London12 June 2017
This job allowed me to gain key skills in sales. I was able to work with people of various different age groups and as a team with my colleagues. I learnt to measure feet and maximise sales. I was also till trained and stockroom trained which included handling money and coordinating deliveries. The workplace itself was very friendly and all the staff were very close and welcoming to new staff which made it very enjoyable. It was sometimes difficult to maximise and hit sales targets due to lack of costumers but we were shown methods of increasing sales such as using features and benefits of styles and shoe care.
Pros
friendly, flexible, respectful, enjoyable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.