Clarks Pay & Benefits reviews

Awful place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire29 March 2018
Low pay, hours all over the place. If you're down for overtime that's it you have to do it. Really bad manager and different rules for different staff members
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
Everything!
Good staff
Sales team member (Current Employee) –  Suffolk27 March 2018
Enjoy working there. The staff are friendly and happy and will help no questions asked. The down sides are working Sundays and bring expected to do extra hours during the school holidays
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
Working Sundays and extra especially during holidays
Best place ever
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich5 March 2018
I have worked at a Norwich store for around 3 years and I would never want to leave! Every person I work with is so so friendly and all like family/ down to earth- I don't know if it is like this in every store, but work doesn't even feel like work as I enjoy my time here. I have worked at other places, and I recognise it is isn't always easy to find a friendly, fun workplace! Free shoes and good discounts, I highly recommend working for this company.
Pros
Free shoes, discounts, training, friendly, fun
Cons
None! Salary could be higher hehe
Bleh
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire28 February 2018
Management did not have a clue. Very gossipy, immature place to work due to a majoritively student workforce. Vary rare to be granted additional hours as they'd prefer to hire lots of part timers.
Pros
33% discount on shoes and the pay was good
Cons
Not a happy place to work
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cehlmsford27 January 2018
Throughout my time at Clarks, I found their values and the way they spoke to their employees (at this specific store) to be condescending and less than helpful. There is no room for growth or questions with these specific managers. I did not feel accepted or like a respected member of the team.
Pros
The salary, Quality of products
Cons
The management and their manorisms
Vibrant staff and work state
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seven Sisters17 January 2018
Easy going but when customers come rolling in during off-hours does tend to take us off balance but I was able to manage under pressure and it's well worth it as experience is much needed and you learn more about yourself and how you handle certain situations.
Pros
Work Breaks
retail possition
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol16 December 2017
retail is a hard industry to work in, long hours, little pay and often little or no skill required
I worked in retail for years clarks had great work benefits but 75% of my time was spend cleaning or standing still, it lacked massive amounts of motivation and took years to acquire any skills to be used else where.
Pros
staff benifits
Cons
boring
Nice Staff and enjoyable working environment
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromley22 November 2017
Although I was on as a temporary sales assistant, I found the inconsistant and short hours extremely frustrating, other than that I fully enjoyed my working experience
Pros
Free pair of Clarks' shoes
Cons
Inconsistant hours
Comfortable and easy going.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 November 2017
Comfortable place to work with many benefits and opportunities. Offers various types of training and supports you in each step. Very flexible, very friendly.
Good first job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 October 2017
This was my first job after leaving school. They were flexible with the shifts for the days I had college and the pay was good for a 17 year old that just left
good
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex5 October 2017
good friendly place to work, however the management are not the most understanding. the hourly rate is good and changing hours is pretty easy to do so.
Pros
good staff
clarks
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton3 October 2017
clarks is excellent company to work for. They are excellent at training staff and the benefits are fab. Quality products accepting shoes. Very fast past job if not use to working at fast pace then Clarks isn't the company for you.
fun
factory worker (Former Employee) –  Ilminster22 September 2017
Good place to work very friendly people and helpful good working environmental with people always willing to help you if there s a problem , good pay rates
Pros
fun
Cons
not many places left to work
Well paid and helpful
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeside Shopping Centre17 September 2017
At Clarks, I learned how to fit children's shoes using the equipment. This could be challenging when trying to fit shoes on a naughty child. The training was good and I was paid for it. The managers could be a bit grumpy. It was extremely busy during the summer months. The pay was good though.
Enjoyable.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Warrington16 September 2017
Good supportive colleagues, working to sales targets. Hours can be long with late nights and weekends. Friendly and good team to work with. A lot of focus on add on sales.
Nice Busy Summer
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnstaple, Devon11 September 2017
worked for the busy summer period. training was very good but never did get my certificate. it did get stressful towards the end but we worked together to help each other out. very good job.
Pros
free work shoes
Cons
small contracts
Okay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead9 September 2017
Working at Clark's was great in terms of salary and hours. However, since I was temporary I only worked the summer. This was good but I was expected to fit and measure shoes without mistake- something I've never done before- after only knowing how to do it a few week. This was a lot of pressure.

I learnt how to fit and measure shoes but not how to actually get a multi sale (little to no instruction).

Some management were great, easy to talk to, you could go to them if you weren't sure about something etc. Others were not great. They looked down on you for asking questions (or at least seemed to).

People were friendly but the permanent staff weren't too kind to the temporary ones. I once even had several boxes of shoes knocked from my hands in the stockroom, something they seemed to think was a joke, something I seemed to think was unkind and unprofessional. Other staff however, couldn't have been kinder and if I were to go off my experience from them alone, it would make up for the rest, but that was not the case.

The hardest part of working here was the bit I mentioned above.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the salary.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Arrogant coworkers
Busy
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter8 September 2017
If you're going to work as a summer temp expect it to be BUSY. Shifts are short and go quick but it is non stop. However, the job pays well and you're never without something to do.
Pros
Free work shoes
Cons
Mostly temp contracts
very fair and well organised
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Poole6 September 2017
Clarks believed that if you did the same job as someone else you should be paid the same. Love that! Good training and very well organised, could be stressful in back to school season.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire18 August 2017
Generally a good place to work. Friendly environment. Lots of customers to serve simultaneously. Pretty much everybody got along and the management was really good. Looked after all employees.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
A lot of customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.