Clarks Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 111 reviews matching the search See all 1,021 reviews
An enjoyable place to work
Trained kids fitter (Current Employee) –  Yeovil17 September 2018
I am a trained kids fitter, so a typical day involved being concentrated in the kids department and assisting parents and their children- such as measuring childrens feet, checking the fit of shoes and advising parents on what style is most suitable/provides the best fit. The management and fellow coworkers are all friendly, making working there even more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was the back to school period, our peak period which got very busy at times.
Pros
Workers benefits through OurWorld
Cons
Fixed 30minute break length
Clarks Meadowhall
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire3 October 2018
Working for Clarks was one of the best jobs I could ever wish for, the management at my local store were very professional but had a fun side to them which made working there pleasant. The staff have extremely similar personalities excluding the age differences. The pay is great for students and the hours can be based around your education which I found really good when I was at college.
Pros
Good Pay, Flexible Hours, Friendly Staff, Rewards and prizes to win
Cons
Store is open quite late towards Christmas
Good company to work for
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newtownards, County Down12 August 2018
Good company
Pension scheme
Same rate of pay for all sales assistants
Flexible working
Management very fair
Chance of promotion
Other schemes to help students
It's ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 October 2018
It's a good company to start with lots of benefits! However manager was awful to work with hopefully doesn't work there any more! Rude and likes to embarrass staff on the shop floor! Unprofessional!

Other member of the team are very good and happy to help. However cut hours without asking or talking to myself prior happened with no warning!
Pros
I'm the centre of town
Cons
Unprofessional
A New Experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Braintree, Essex31 July 2018
As a whole, I didn't like what the job required me to do, which was touching feet for a living. But they made it worth while. For my first job, the pay was very generous, earning £3 more than anyone else I knew who was also working. They insisted on having a minimum of 2 days off per week to rest. The management was very welcoming and nice, as well as everyone else that worked there. Overall it is a great place to work.
Pros
Generous pay, wonderful staff
Cons
Touching feet
Good pay and flexible hours
Sales Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford16 May 2018
Overall, working at Clarks was a good experience, with a competitive salary and very flexible working hours. The people were friendly and always around to provide support, however the atmosphere was sometimes very tense and pushy
The perfect retail job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Havant14 October 2018
The moment you join the team you are part of a project that you understand is just as much movement based as it is business. You find yourself having to prove yourself constantly to the team, but that has its benefits as it does negatives.
productive and fun
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 September 2018
working at clarks was a good lace, i had a very great time there and i managed to learn my roll very quick. i also made friends with people there and got along with everybody.
Pros
friendly environment
great benefits
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Southwest28 September 2018
clarks has a great reward programme and pension/ holiday entitlement

tough working in store with minimal staffing it can be challenging.

a good company to work for with good ethics
benefits
Not a happy place to work
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cehlmsford27 January 2018
Throughout my time at Clarks, I found their values and the way they spoke to their employees (at this specific store) to be condescending and less than helpful. There is no room for growth or questions with these specific managers. I did not feel accepted or like a respected member of the team.
Pros
The salary, Quality of products
Cons
The management and their manorisms

Want to know more about Clarks?

Ask a question
Great part time job
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire14 July 2018
Good job for summer as a student and nice group of people to work with. Training is lengthy and time off is difficult but the salary is good for retail.
Great Company
Sales Team Member (STM) (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk7 June 2018
Friendly staff members who are easy to get on with and have a passion for shoes. Great benefits with 33% discount and you are defiantly looked after. However hours are not always there to be given and may be sent home early if quiet.
Good place to work for experience
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham11 October 2018
A typical day at work is measuring children’s feet and to find them the right shoes. I learned how to work in a busy environment. The worst part of the job is the hours you get given it’s either between 8-12 hours a week.
Pros
Safe and easy environment to work in
Cons
Low hours so never have any money
Best place ever
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich5 March 2018
I have worked at a Norwich store for around 3 years and I would never want to leave! Every person I work with is so so friendly and all like family/ down to earth- I don't know if it is like this in every store, but work doesn't even feel like work as I enjoy my time here. I have worked at other places, and I recognise it is isn't always easy to find a friendly, fun workplace! Free shoes and good discounts, I highly recommend working for this company.
Pros
Free shoes, discounts, training, friendly, fun
Cons
None! Salary could be higher hehe
Productive and fun place to work
Retail assistant (christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 September 2018
Friendly manager and working staff with great pay and decent hours, they challenge your work ethic and give sufficient training. But have unrealistic sales targets occasionally.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Unrealistic sales targets
retail possition
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol16 December 2017
retail is a hard industry to work in, long hours, little pay and often little or no skill required
I worked in retail for years clarks had great work benefits but 75% of my time was spend cleaning or standing still, it lacked massive amounts of motivation and took years to acquire any skills to be used else where.
Pros
staff benifits
Cons
boring
lovey environment and friendly team
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire6 September 2018
Nice place to work, they deliver very good training and everybody is very friendly. They are flexible with working hours and very relaxed if you need to swap shifts with each other.
A good place to work
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MS28 August 2018
Clarks was a great place to work everyone were treated the same the people were like family
The working environment was very good
Company has gone
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
Good pensions very good pay
For my first job, it was a good time.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh23 August 2018
It was exhausting at first and sometimes confusing. It was my first job so I don't remember much, other than my feet hurting. The pay was low. The coworkers were friendly.
Okay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gateshead9 September 2017
Working at Clark's was great in terms of salary and hours. However, since I was temporary I only worked the summer. This was good but I was expected to fit and measure shoes without mistake- something I've never done before- after only knowing how to do it a few week. This was a lot of pressure.

I learnt how to fit and measure shoes but not how to actually get a multi sale (little to no instruction).

Some management were great, easy to talk to, you could go to them if you weren't sure about something etc. Others were not great. They looked down on you for asking questions (or at least seemed to).

People were friendly but the permanent staff weren't too kind to the temporary ones. I once even had several boxes of shoes knocked from my hands in the stockroom, something they seemed to think was a joke, something I seemed to think was unkind and unprofessional. Other staff however, couldn't have been kinder and if I were to go off my experience from them alone, it would make up for the rest, but that was not the case.

The hardest part of working here was the bit I mentioned above.

Most enjoyable part of the job was the salary.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Arrogant coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.