Clarks Employee Reviews for Team Leader

Worst Company
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Oxfordshire24 September 2017
Worst company I have ever worked for the only benefit is free shoes, all management stick together so if one is in the wrong another will back it up. No point in even trying to complain about the lack of or no management.
Pros
free shoes
Cons
worst job, No management skills at all.
Fun place to work
Team leader (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 August 2017
Clarks is a really good company to work for, great for progression and direction from management. Could not recommend more. especially for temp work and seasonal staff.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Long days
Productive workplace with good work benefits
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, Lancashire21 July 2017
Working at Clarks was one of the best careers I had. Every day was different and the Manager really read the skills of staff and allowed them to be educated and informed when it came to all aspects of the business.
Pros
Large discounts on Shoes
Cons
Inconsistant hours
Energetic and Challenging
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Dunfermline, Fife4 July 2017
Great interactive job with staff and customers from babies to the elderly. Always a friendly atmosphere. Good opportunities for personal development.
Fantastic Place To Work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire26 June 2017
Working in a fast paced retail environment face to face with customers in the heart of Oxford is the perfect job for any outgoing individual who loves working in a team to provide outstanding customer service and achieving sales targets.
poor company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire13 June 2017
absolute poor company to work for. The management are out of touch with the floor staff and treat staff like a piece of dirt. Dont be fooled by the family values this company tries to portray its absolute nonsense. This company is a cancer to society and people should boycott it.No one should be treated the way this company treats people. boycott this heinous company. Spread this message
Cons
long hours, poor pay, ill treatment of workers
Fast paced work environment
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Seven Sisters Road17 April 2017
Clarks is a fast paced work environment. Generally working to meet customer needs. Customers from all types of ages and backgrounds. If your enthusiastic and confident in sales this is a great job. Customer interaction is vital.
Pros
Free Shoes
Cons
No career development
Great job but...
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Midlands24 March 2017
Worked very long hours, underpaid. Could barely afford to live. Work took over, social life? What was that? The company takes advantage of its amazing store staff. Working them to the bone without so much as a thank you.
Pros
Free shoes, amazing store teams
Cons
Wages, working hours
Fast paced environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London10 March 2017
* A typical day at work is based around allocating staff to the right place to drive a positive customer experience ensuring customers leave delighted. I ensure this is done by giving staff/team members regular feedback on performance and deliver training e.g. coaching on sales behaviours.

* I have learned how to run the store in the absence of the manager (s)

* Management is supportive and very helpful.

* workplace culture is to create a friendly and welcoming environment for consumers to ensure we give the consumer the best experience.

*The hardest part of the Job is keeping the conversion high.

* The most enjoyable part is building rapport with customers to understand their needs, letting personality shine through and being a strong role model for team members demonstrating excellent behaviours and supporting them.
Pros
33% discounts to Clarks team members
Cons
Conversion Board
Retail sales
Team leader (Former Employee) –  UK6 March 2017
I enjoyed work in the retail environment as I got to interact with all the customers face to face.

It was very fast pace and you had to be organised on the shop floor and in the back.

Want to know more about Clarks?

Ask a question
Fast-paced
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk9 February 2017
Fast-paced place of work with great opportunity to meet a range of people and develop communication skills with team members and customers alike.
Great team fun workplace
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Ashington, Northumberland4 January 2017
While working at Clarks i learnt a lot about customer service, the importance of putting the customer first and asking the right questions to ensure you were showing the right kinds of product.
The management team where always supportive and encouraging you to think for yourself. In store training was a regular requirement to keep us up to date with product knowledge and new procedures.
The team were great we got on very well and worked well together.
The sale prep was the most difficult part of the job getting it out and done in a short period of time was hard but rewarding when finished.
I loved the back to school period it was always our most busiest time very full on but very enjoyable.
sales driven with great incentives
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London19 November 2016
Clarks is a growing company which has many branch's and still are growing great if you love the retail environment would definitely recommend them for their shoe's great comfort.
Team Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 October 2016
I Started as a Sales Assistant. My commitment, performance and enthusiasm led to being offered the permanent post of Team Leader. I was responsible for training new staff, sharing product knowledge and preparing performance targets to ensure all staff were meeting personal goals and achieving their full potential.
Pros
Salary Bonus
Great pay/mean manager/very stressful
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Swindon1 September 2016
Pros:
Great pay and staff discount/free shoes
Lots of employees to socialise with

Cons:
Manager s a bully!!!
Long hours and sometimes unsociable hours
Very stressful (for a 16 year old having a temp job there s too much to handle as a first job)
Pros
free shoes
Cons
long hours mean manager
Fun and enjoyable place to work
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Saint Helens4 July 2016
Working for Clarks is fun and is enjoyable. Typically there is much interaction with the public as it is a busy company to work for.
Clarks
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Broughton24 May 2016
I enjoy working at clarks and a typical day at clarks can be enjoyable and rewarding. i have learnt several skills working at clarks. The main behaviours i have always developed are confidence, expertise, ethusiastic and being friendly. most come to me naturally but showing empathy for some customers that are disabled or elderly that struggle with getting shoes on or have to take their time. showing them patience and a friendly face can really make there day. the hardest part of the job has got to be working against targets and when not reaching them staying positive is the key.
Productive and fun workplace
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead3 March 2016
Serving customers, doing stock and delegating jobs, handling money, doing the banking and cashing up.
I have learnt a lot, how to manage a team successfully, how to merchandise etc.
Most enjoyable part of my job is that I get on with everyone well.
Pros
Get on with my collegues very well
Cons
I dont get paid for any overtime i do
Great work place and great oppurtunities
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Surbiton29 February 2016
Within 3 years of working with the company, I progressed to a team leader.
Co-workers were a fantastic team to work with.
Learned how to work well within a team and how to lead a team.
Fun company to work for
Team leader (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth3 November 2015
A typical day starts at 8:30 giving half an hour to get prepared for the day with doors opening at 9. Depending on how busy it is i'll assign different jobs on the stockroom and shop floors and list the tasks that need to be completed. I'll plan in refresher lessons for staff throughout the day if it's quiet but still making sure customers come first. During busy periods i'll do floor control and monitor staff making sure that they are making the most during sales and giving them feedback on ways to improve and also praise if they have done well.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.