Clarks Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

Hardwork but enjoyable
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Darlington20 September 2017
I was working on the shop floor. The intesive six week training course for Clarks Shoes was hard work but rewarding. Having passed the course I am now eligible to work in any Clarks store.
Good
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow1 May 2017
They were better to work for and shifta were alot better and they also have you sick pay and a work pension and you took shots each of having weekend off .
Pros
Pension
Cons
Best company
Good environment to work and good staff to work with.
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire28 February 2017
All the staff at clarks were very good and the environment of working is good also I would recommend this job to anyone looking for fulltime or even part time.
Summer Job
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London22 February 2017
This was my first ever job straight out of school and I was made aware that my job there would only be temporary as the company was being closed down, I worked here as a summer job from June to September before starting full time college.
Great Staff and Busy Workplace
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 September 2016
The workload was evenly spread throughout the staff. Typical day was busy and never stopped. I learnt how to be quick but not to rush. Laid back team and someone was always there when help was needed. There wasn't any hard parts to the job apart from the busy times when there was always someone who needed to be served. Most enjoyable part of the job was from the members of staff. They are easy going and get n with everyone and anyone. You become apart of the family.
Fun work placement
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading, ENG9 January 2016
I enjoyed working with Clarks because it is a quite environment and I got along with all the colleagues. The hardest part of the job is when I had to find the right shoes without any help but expect from that I really enjoyed working there.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, ENG7 January 2016
Seling the products and helping my team as well as I could.
I've been really good in this job, and the manager wanted to keep me, but the company couldn't give me a contract.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  London4 November 2015
You are on your feet from start to finish but you get to interact with different people. Being polite and having a smile on your face is the best way for this job as you are meeting and greeting lots of people. The hardest part of the job was getting children/babies to try thier shoes on.
it was great to work there.
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wembley Park,Middlesex, HA9 0FD27 March 2015
I learned new thing everyday for example i learned how to
• STOCK TAKE
• REPLENISH STOCK
• FEET MEASUREMENT
• HELP COSTUMERS
My co-workers were really helpful.the hardest part of the job is stock take. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping costumers and management are really nice and helpful.
Pros
I had my on lunch.
Cons
I worked 9 hours a day from 9.am until 5.pm.
A Fun and Engaging Workplace
Part-time Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bury St. Edmunds, ENG26 July 2014
Working at Clarks means putting the customer's needs and wants first, and making sure that you can adhere to them to the best standard. It also means working well within a team, with each member knowing what their role is (such as team leader, sales assistant or stock room worker). The management are all friendly and easy to talk to when it comes to negotiating shifts or talking about any issues.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you can provide a customer with the product they want, and is even more enjoyable when you serve on the children's department.

Want to know more about Clarks?

Ask a question
Fast paced and exciting
Shop Assistant (Current Employee) –  ENG13 July 2014
A work day consists of attending to the customers needs as best as possible and efficiently. I have to move quickly and stay calm under pressure, but at the same time be hospitable, welcoming and friendly, which isn't much of a challenge.
I have learnt how to deal with difficult customers the right way, by calmly answering their queries or, if necessary, to get the manager.
I have found that the management and team leaders can put a lot of pressure on to the staff and set hard targets to reach, which i have had to overcome and achieve as highly as i can. I find that my co-workers can be competitive, occasionally making it a difficult environment, but mostly helps me motivate and push myself further, which i often do.
The hardest part of the job is telling a customer that we don't hold the stock they are looking for, this sometimes can become awkward, but i try my best to overcome the situation by looking at other options. I mostly enjoy dealing with the customers in the shop and working quickly in the environment, its sets me challenges which i enjoy.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unfriendly management and co-workers.
A great place to work
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall, ENG3 April 2014
Enjoyed variety of the day working different departments. Friendly co workers.
Fun workplace and good to learn new skills
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham Bullring1 September 2013
Clarks is a fun place to work as the staff are easy to get along with and you also learn and develop a lot of skills whilst working in an environment with customers.