Clarks Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

fun working place
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire12 January 2018
Clarks is a good shoe factory as it sells high quality products which brings customers for them kind f products. Therefore their staff there are very friendly and are able to give you advice on the shoes you are buying. The good thing about it is they don't only sell shoes, there are other products which catches customers eyes.
Pros
staff friendly
Wonderful place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bradford3 January 2018
As my first job this prepared me for a successful future career in retail, management and staff are all wonderful people. Taught me many skills that are required and brought me out of my shell as a quiet person. Working with children on the kids department is the most enjoyable part of the job
Productive workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seven Sisters19 December 2017
A typical day at work consists of greeting and serving customers - mainly children and their parents. Overall I enjoy dealing with customer enquiries and serving their needs to their satisfaction. This role includes measuring children's feet and then recommending shoes according to their size and style. I love kids so this job was suitable for me as they are adorable although at times it does get difficult to satisfy both the parent and the child as they have different styles in mind. The hardest part of the job is the part where at some point standing on your feet all day can get to you other than that i prefer to stay active because then i'll know I'm being productive with my time so if it's not that busy then I would tag shoes on shop floor or just organise them to keep myself occupied.
Pros
Gained experience is customer service skills as well as how to deal with angry customers
Cons
short hours
retail possition
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol16 December 2017
retail is a hard industry to work in, long hours, little pay and often little or no skill required
I worked in retail for years clarks had great work benefits but 75% of my time was spend cleaning or standing still, it lacked massive amounts of motivation and took years to acquire any skills to be used else where.
Pros
staff benifits
Cons
boring
Fun and Interactive
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canterbury, Kent13 December 2017
During a typical day at Clarks I would be helping customers find their perfect pair of shoes that fits their needs as well as providing top quality customer service. I would be helping both adults and kids fit their shoes for them. The work environment is always friendly with a positive atmosphere.

However, because my work hours are based on shifts rather work days, I would sometimes find myself missing lunch if I had a shift that was 11pm-3pm.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Awkward shift times
Productive and calm workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Antrim, County Antrim13 December 2017
I worked at a Clark's clearance store on a 4 hour contract, the store was never that busy so a typical day normally consisted of pairing up mismatched shoes, price-checking, customer service and taking returns, alongside any sales made throughout the day.
The management was good, the store manager and assistant manager always made me feel comfortable whilst working.
The hardest part of the job was either learning how the tills worked (they were quite dated), or learning how things were organised in the back room.
The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to provide customers with the service they needed - they were often very vocal about whether we had done a good job of serving them and it was very rewarding when they put in a good word about any of the employees.
Fun work place, great team atmosphere
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire3 December 2017
Great members of staff, understanding manager but can become tiring running up stairs constantly, apart from that it’s a great place to work with a good pay
Productive and Professional
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London30 November 2017
At Clarks, you will be kept on your toes all day so it is a good place for someone who is active and likes to keep busy. The management are friendly and professional.
Cons
Unpaid breaks
Productive and a fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Torquay28 November 2017
I enjoyed my time here, as you get to meet different people for different needs, learn new skills or build on ones you have, staff really friendly, hours are fair.
Pros
Hours are bendable
Cons
small stock room
Work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire27 November 2017
it was a fun working environment , when I was a team member at Clarks it was back to summer season therefore really busy however the staff and management helped make it better and easier, they supported me and were really nice.
Challenging and good benefits
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton27 November 2017
The company are very appreciative of their staff. A competitive hourly rate as well as clear and attainable targets that also stretch and challenge the staff.
Nice Staff and enjoyable working environment
Temporary Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bromley22 November 2017
Although I was on as a temporary sales assistant, I found the inconsistant and short hours extremely frustrating, other than that I fully enjoyed my working experience
Pros
Free pair of Clarks' shoes
Cons
Inconsistant hours
Comfortable and easy going.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands22 November 2017
Comfortable place to work with many benefits and opportunities. Offers various types of training and supports you in each step. Very flexible, very friendly.
Found working there uncomfortable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 November 2017
While working at Clarks I did feel like the staff were intimidating and demanding of the temporary staff which made the working environment very uncomfortable.

Also my timetable would constantly get changed before I had a chance to check meaning my hours were constantly muddled up and would result in me having to go home and then come back later in the day quite often.
fun work place
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset13 October 2017
Everyone can have a laugh with one another and also help each other out when it is needed especially by covering sifts. You learn how to effectively measure and fit children's shoes.
good
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex5 October 2017
good friendly place to work, however the management are not the most understanding. the hourly rate is good and changing hours is pretty easy to do so.
Pros
good staff
fast pace and challenging
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 October 2017
as this was my first proper full time job i learnt alot and gained alot of basic and more advanced experience. i left due to me wanting a career change and to earn more money
clarks
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton3 October 2017
clarks is excellent company to work for. They are excellent at training staff and the benefits are fab. Quality products accepting shoes. Very fast past job if not use to working at fast pace then Clarks isn't the company for you.
Good training
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh1 October 2017
Worked at Clarks during the back to school period and absolutely loved my time there. Staff were friendly and extremely helpful. They provide incredible training for new starts on how to measure feet. Overall great place to work
The people are really nice just not a lot of money to be had with the hard work put in
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Worcester Park, Greater London28 September 2017
I enjoy working at clarks all the people are nice. The manger can be a bit horrible sometimes by not giving breaks or keeping you much longer than your shift and not paying you for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.