Clarks Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Fun working
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guisborough, North Yorkshire20 July 2018
When I have been at clarks I have found that everyone is very welcoming and easy to get a long with, in addition I think in this environment I believe that I have fitted in very well and that it has been a good experience there for me to be able to get a variety of different skills, such as time management, independence and team work.
summary
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Devizes, Wiltshire1 July 2018
typical day includes working in stock room, behind tills and closely with customers. good employee perks are given through free shoes and good discounts
Pros
free shoes
Cons
stressful
Okay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire29 June 2018
This is a good first job and the store and employees you would be working with are beyond lovely to work with it's just the larger structure of the company that is the issue with this job.
Terrible company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire27 June 2018
No progression, the management is also very poor with little concern for its employees. The range barely updates to current fashion styles and wouldn't recommend working he
ok place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor26 June 2018
daily routine would be to clean and check shelves, check stock and making sure the stock room is kept tidy and organised, attending to customers and helping them to choose the correct product for their needs. I learned how to fit shoes on children correctly. Management were fair and followed procedures correctly and treated staff equally. they also rewarded good feedback. staff got along great and there was laughs to be had during quieter periods. Hardest part of the job was to try and push certain sales for targets especially when it was to sell something you knew you would not buy yourself or was not really necessary for what the customer was trying to purchase. good parts of the job was fitting shoes on babies and seeing them have their first pair and making it a special occasion for parent and baby.
Pros
75% discount on shoes
Cons
targets set on unreachable sales
great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford7 June 2018
brilliant job for getting experince in sales loved it. would reccomend to anyone also.
sell shoes
meet people
make money
gucci gang gucci gang
clarks fo days
Awful place to work!
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall7 June 2018
The management are young and clueless! You constantly get put in for shifts at the last minute & not told & then you het harrassed over the phone to see where you are?! The sales targets are unrealistic and god for bid yoo dont meet the targets, your life becomes a living nightmare. The pressure to sell is so bad that customers sometimes leave due to the pressure. The team are lovely and yoi work your butt off but the management and owners spoil it and you will feel trapped, dont work here!!
Encouraging and supportive workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, Fort Kinnaird4 June 2018
Typical day at work would involve various jobs i.e. stock, selling, cashier.
Received in-depth training in shoe fitting for adult/children's department, stock-taking and working on tills.
Supportive environment where you're encouraged to challenge and improve yourself.
Extremely demanding place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Llanelli, Carmarthenshire28 May 2018
You’re expected to hit unrealistic targets and meet unrealistic standards by the mangemnts team. When you are out of place by a small amount they’ll rain down on you. I haven’t worked here long and I no longer do as I “didn’t say hello enough” this was the excuse I was given when my contract was terminated. The management team also had already terminated by contract 2 weeks prior to telling me so I would work their busy hours. I’m disgusted at how badly the training is done and how you’re expected to preform, after such a massive brand has done so we’ll in the passed I feel it’s making its way back down the line.
Pros
Free shoes, other employees share how to feel.
Cons
Bad management, unorganised, bias towards the senior team.
good experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow23 May 2018
working in Clarks was a new experience for myself, you get trained on how to fit shoes and you learn new things that you didn't know before. the team I was working with was a great team.
Sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Maidenhead20 May 2018
Everything is good here but I am looking for a change in career because I don't want to be stuck in Clarks full time. It's something like "Once in Clark's your in Clarks for ever"

The family friendly atmosphere has somewhat disappeared as well.
Pros
Pay, Discounts
Cons
no cons
Good experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nuneaton12 May 2018
Learnt how to interact with customers and children positively to ensure good customer service. Job requires you to be fast paced and calm under pressure especially during back to school time as it can get extremely busy.
Poductive during sale time
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London30 April 2018
A typical day working at Clarks would be boring the majority of the time as I was always on the kids floor on my own and the store would be very quiet, I learnt how to fit kids shoes and measure feet using a manual gauge.
Pros
Good staff discount
Cons
short hours
Fun and friendly work environment
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 April 2018
Very friendly and interesting employees, the atmosphere in the store is always calm and fun. Even when the store gets busy everyone is organised and knows what they are doing, and even if someone requires help there are plenty of nice people around who can give a helping hand.
Great pay but no life
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Tyneside, Tyne and Wear20 April 2018
The sales targets are ridiculous alongside shoe care and multi sales.
Too much pressure on those who work 4 hr contracts who are also studying full time.
Threatened with disciplinary if targets not reached even in quiet times.
No chance getting a holiday in the summer so if in studies that means you miss out on a load of things with mates.
Constant observations with nit picky feedback.
Back to school is not fun

However, all that being said management are lovely and just doing their job. Team spirit and all that is very enjoyable and i have learnt a lot of valuable skills from my time at clarks.
Rate of pay is fantastic but the hours aren't always available.

Never go in hungover... the kids screams will be the death of you
Pros
free shoes. good pay, supportive management
Cons
can't go to any summer holidays, lots of pressure to perform to ever moving standards
Generally a good place to work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow8 April 2018
Having worked here for a few years, Im sad to say its gone downhill. I generally looked forward to my shifts, but not that often anymore, Unrealistic targets and bullying, intimidating management is to blame. The main bulk of the staff and customers however are a pleasure to work with. Its them that make it bearable.
Pros
Fair rate of pay, free shoes
Cons
unrealistic targets
Great employers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire2 April 2018
Brilliant fast paced job. Really enjoyed my time at this job. The management were great and it was an extremely friendly environment to work in. Would definitely recommend.
It was good experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galashiels, Scottish Borders29 March 2018
It was good experience as a first part time, retail job.
Typical day at work was four hour shifts, and one could be in the children's or adults section so there was always something to keep you busy.
Like a family
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex14 March 2018
A great working atmosphere. My work collegues are also my friends,everyday is different. I am an all rounder,I can take stock,use till,fit childrens shoes aswell as work on the Adults department. My manager is very fair and a good listener,you can always approach her.
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
Weekends
productive environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham13 March 2018
Work consistent of working on your own initiative.
As my line of study involved children, clarks was a starting point to be able to see children in a different environment.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not enough custom to fill the day out

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.