Clarks Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Generally a good place to work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow8 April 2018
Having worked here for a few years, Im sad to say its gone downhill. I generally looked forward to my shifts, but not that often anymore, Unrealistic targets and bullying, intimidating management is to blame. The main bulk of the staff and customers however are a pleasure to work with. Its them that make it bearable.
Pros
Fair rate of pay, free shoes
Cons
unrealistic targets
Great employers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire2 April 2018
Brilliant fast paced job. Really enjoyed my time at this job. The management were great and it was an extremely friendly environment to work in. Would definitely recommend.
It was good experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galashiels, Scottish Borders29 March 2018
It was good experience as a first part time, retail job.
Typical day at work was four hour shifts, and one could be in the children's or adults section so there was always something to keep you busy.
Like a family
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex14 March 2018
A great working atmosphere. My work collegues are also my friends,everyday is different. I am an all rounder,I can take stock,use till,fit childrens shoes aswell as work on the Adults department. My manager is very fair and a good listener,you can always approach her.
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
Weekends
productive environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham13 March 2018
Work consistent of working on your own initiative.
As my line of study involved children, clarks was a starting point to be able to see children in a different environment.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not enough custom to fill the day out
Best place ever
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich5 March 2018
I have worked at a Norwich store for around 3 years and I would never want to leave! Every person I work with is so so friendly and all like family/ down to earth- I don't know if it is like this in every store, but work doesn't even feel like work as I enjoy my time here. I have worked at other places, and I recognise it is isn't always easy to find a friendly, fun workplace! Free shoes and good discounts, I highly recommend working for this company.
Pros
Free shoes, discounts, training, friendly, fun
Cons
None! Salary could be higher hehe
great environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street3 March 2018
• Gained key customer service skills by assisting customers on a daily basis by advising and selling products to ensure the highest number of sales.
• Other responsibilities involved add on sales at tills, stock checks and ensuring the store is well merchandised and clean, which amplified my ability to balance such tasks, especially during peak times of the day
Nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peckham Rye Park, Greater London28 February 2018
typical day was working with customers when they come in and find out what type of shoe they were looking for. the colleagues there were funny and nice to work with
Good
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farnborough, Hampshire27 February 2018
Fun environment to work in, though was not given enough hours. Dealing with customers can be tiring, both adults and children, but the camaraderie of the shop was helpful.
Good learning experience, co workers are super kind, management is not great.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire26 February 2018
During the time I worked here I came to realise £4.05 wasn't enough for the amount of pressure put on us as staff. I felt looked down on by the management (Not all but a few specific people). We were pressured to hit our targets, that were most of the time way to high for the amount of staff working at once. I can recall on countless times being pulled aside at the end of a shift and complained at for not reaching my target. There were alot of younger people (Around 16 years old), like myself. I felt that the manager expected too much from us, considering I had never had a sales job prior to this. It wasnt all bad though, the staff were lovely to work with and very friendly to me when I first started. The staff was the only thing keeping me from finding another job. I found it to be a great learning experience and found myself develop my social skills with customers. My hours were the same each week, because Im still in education. We had to be at work 10 mins before we start and would often not finish untill 5:45 - 5:50, when we were contracted to finish at 5:30. This extra time spent was also unpaid for. I also would only get a 30 min lunch for a 8 hour shift.
Pros
Free shoes when you start, flexible hours, friendly co workers
Cons
Low Pay, not great management, vast amount of pressure on staff
Relatively a nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Essex25 February 2018
With Clarks you need a certain level of people skills and patients. Some customers are a pleasure to serve and others are the complete opposite. You tend to get repeating customers which is nice as you get to know them you build a good relationship. The hardest part of this job is when the customer doesn't listen to the word you say when it comes to a fitting you have done to either their child or to themselves. But this goes with most retail jobs where you just have to shrug it off.
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
the public
Work Life
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 February 2018
Clarks is a great company to work for. Not only for the atmosphere created with colleges but also the ability to be transferred to a different store or to pick up extra shifts.
good place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newport, Isle of Wight29 January 2018
love my job here always something to do, meeting lots of people on a daily basis. I enjoy the shoes fitting in the kids department and in the holidays it s always packed out. I work with a great group of people of all ages.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
only part time contracts
Not a happy place to work
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cehlmsford27 January 2018
Throughout my time at Clarks, I found their values and the way they spoke to their employees (at this specific store) to be condescending and less than helpful. There is no room for growth or questions with these specific managers. I did not feel accepted or like a respected member of the team.
Pros
The salary, Quality of products
Cons
The management and their manorisms
fun and rewarding workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol24 January 2018
A great Management team, great colleagues, and workplace culture. The most enjoyable part of the job is making the customers happy. A typical day at work find shoes for customers check sizes and stock sorting.
Loved it !
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hatfield23 January 2018
I really love working here, the working environment, manager and my colleagues have really contributed in my excellent time whilst being employed here.
Fun place to work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glasgow City, Glasgow22 January 2018
I absolutely love my job and the people and customers I work with, however the reason I am looking to leave is because I am a 4 hour contract currently, and in my store there are no more hours to get.
.Excellent for customer range experience.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  West London, Greater London22 January 2018
Clarks for me was a good place to gain valuable work experience, It is very busy store with a diverse range of customers.The training offered was very good but specific to clarks method of marketing. I enjoyed the challenging atmosphere and customer satisfaction resulting from a good service.
Pros
Training offered.
fun place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, Cambridgeshire22 January 2018
I have to start the day with serving customers with the tablet showing all the shoes availability. I had became more confident in the front of the house greeting customers. The manager was great and understanding of any issues. It get very busy during peak season such as Christmas and Easter. The most busiest time is back to school for the kids section. I really enjoy going into work meeting all my colleagues.
Pros
only a short shift
Cons
serve loads of customers at the same time
Vibrant staff and work state
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Seven Sisters17 January 2018
Easy going but when customers come rolling in during off-hours does tend to take us off balance but I was able to manage under pressure and it's well worth it as experience is much needed and you learn more about yourself and how you handle certain situations.
Pros
Work Breaks
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.