Clarks Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

The perfect retail job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Havant14 October 2018
The moment you join the team you are part of a project that you understand is just as much movement based as it is business. You find yourself having to prove yourself constantly to the team, but that has its benefits as it does negatives.
productive and fun
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2018
Kept on your toes but still enjoyable.

Management are very understanding.

Hardest part is when a there is a busy rush during a sale.

Most enjoyable part is communicating with colleages.
Clarks Meadowhall
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire3 October 2018
Working for Clarks was one of the best jobs I could ever wish for, the management at my local store were very professional but had a fun side to them which made working there pleasant. The staff have extremely similar personalities excluding the age differences. The pay is great for students and the hours can be based around your education which I found really good when I was at college.
Pros
Good Pay, Flexible Hours, Friendly Staff, Rewards and prizes to win
Cons
Store is open quite late towards Christmas
It's ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 October 2018
It's a good company to start with lots of benefits! However manager was awful to work with hopefully doesn't work there any more! Rude and likes to embarrass staff on the shop floor! Unprofessional!

Other member of the team are very good and happy to help. However cut hours without asking or talking to myself prior happened with no warning!
Pros
I'm the centre of town
Cons
Unprofessional
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter1 October 2018
Working at Clarks was fun and rewarding as I learnt a lot of new skills in the role I was in and also made a lot of friends which made it a very enjoyable place to work. The workplace culture was good for the most part, however I did experience some sexism and rudeness from male members of staff, particularly management.
great place to work in when I did workexperience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London30 September 2018
The atmosphere the management created was so welcoming. It felt like home already from the first day. They taught me all the basics of what it is to be a sales assistant. And it helped me progress in securing another great job afterwards.
Good pay, straightforward job but terrible hours & management
Sales Assistant/Fitter/Measurer (Former Employee) –  Cheshire27 September 2018
I was employed at a Clarks Outlet earlier this year and was trained as a kids fitter and measurer. The pay is decent and is the same for everyone regardless of age which I appreciate. A typical day included fitting shoes, measuring feet and generally keeping the kids area clean and tidy.
The majority of the people there were absolutely lovely and I learned to how to multitask as well as improving my customer service skills.
However, the hours weren't great, I was only doing 4 hours a week which was a lot less than I'd hoped for.
Management was terrible and the managers and team leaders were mostly nasty, unprofessional and rude. The worst part was the managers who especially targeted the younger workers.
Pros
Straightforward job, decent pay
Cons
Not enough hours, rude & terrible management
lovely place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire25 September 2018
fast paced during summer
staff were all lovely and professional
hours were flexible
products were nice to sell
learnt about patience with all types of customers
Rigid sales technique
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex18 September 2018
The management staff enforced a sales technique that was so rigid, none of them ever questioned it, and it often led to befuddled customers questions why their simple instructions were being ignored.
Productivee
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London16 September 2018
we went and start of by making sure the shop floor is Clean and presentable for the customers. I learnt to know the product and the company and how to deal with different parents and how to manage my time. the hardest part of the job is leaving because we would have to ensure the shop floor is neat and our manager is strict and she looks at very little things and ensures its done.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
don't get paid for break
friendly and supportive work enviroment
Shoe fitter/Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishop Auckland, Durham12 September 2018
Within the workplace, there was always support of fellow colleagues, especially when challenges were thrown our way. At certain periods of the year there was a high influx of customers which presented more challenges due to larger families with a wide variety of children with different requirements to fulfil. Along with families, we also get elderly customers who struggle with getting the right shoes so I sometimes have to ask for advice on what to recommend.
Overall the working environment was always positive with a productive manor.
Pros
flexible hours
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells, Kent10 September 2018
Clarks is an excellent place to learn new skills. They help to build on team working skills, target boosters and customer service skills. The work day is fast and busy during the summer periods. The staff are pleasant and engaging.
productive friendly environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset6 September 2018
A typical day consisted of helping customers, displaying stock, making sales where you would be meeting targets. Often helping with back to school. Good training was provided and the team were very friendly and helpful.
lovey environment and friendly team
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire6 September 2018
Nice place to work, they deliver very good training and everybody is very friendly. They are flexible with working hours and very relaxed if you need to swap shifts with each other.
fun and friendly
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnley3 September 2018
It's a very long time ago, but I remember enjoying working here. Everybody was welcoming and I received support due to the fact I had a young child. This was my first real experience of customer service.
Pros
part time hours
Fun and friendly
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire1 September 2018
The staff are wonderful, Pay is great and it’s a great place to work.
Typical day for a Cashier is a lot of standing at the till serving and cleaning the store. Restocking shelves and putting out shoes. I leant now to work effectively and fast. I worked closely next to team members and learnt to work independently.
Management is great, very effective and fair.
Everyone is friendly and I can’t wait to go back next year.
Hardest part of the job is finding missing shoes around the store and being left downstairs on your own when you have a queue and you have to do shoe checks too
Pros
Great pay, 30 mins fixed lunch
Cons
Not payed for lunch break, hot in summer and back to school
A good introduction to part time work life.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wimborne, Dorset30 August 2018
I joined clarks when I began studying at college as a Saturday job, this soon progressed into a part time postion. I learnt a lot of skills at clarks and was grateful for the introduction it gave me to working life. My colleges were friendly and helpful. I was given specialised training which I enjoyed. Overall Clarks is a good stable company to work either part or full time for.
Amazing company to work for
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool29 August 2018
Staff are amazing, managers look out for you and everyone gets on so well! if its a busy day the managers ensure they look out for you and never let you deal with horrible customers on your own
For my first job, it was a good time.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh23 August 2018
It was exhausting at first and sometimes confusing. It was my first job so I don't remember much, other than my feet hurting. The pay was low. The coworkers were friendly.
very busy
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Truro16 August 2018
I have grown in confidence since working at clarks however, i am currently dealing with a problem with one of my managers, as they have been very rude towards me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.