Clarks Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Found 391 reviews matching the search See all 1,042 reviews
good job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh Airport21 January 2019
Great place to work always has a good atmosphere and friendly staff. I really enjoyed my time here and learned lots of good skills. Would highly recommend
Just a part time job
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Bluewater20 January 2019
The store manager was awful to work with. He has no people skills and did not know how to talk to people. Many of occasions the store manager would make female colleagues cry as he would almost try and bully them. Other than the store manager, working at clarks was good, not great. The money is good, however i did not like working on shop floor in retail as the general public can be awful sometimes.
Pros
good pay
Cons
the store manager
Fun Work place
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London17 January 2019
Job can be hard at times with many customers but enjoyable with great staff that help and encourage. Selling shoes can not be easier, as long as you communicate and understand what the customer wants.
Pros
Time goes quick
Cons
Can be overwhelming
Fun work place
Temporary sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Chester, Cheshire15 January 2019
Very friendly good work atmosphere, the management team were very helpful and it was an extremely rewarding workplace. Overall positive experience would recommend.
Rewarding and fun
Sales Assistant and Trained Fitter (Former Employee) –  Hornsea15 January 2019
Clarks is a great place to work if you're willing to work hard. Although the job can become quite intense at times, particularly in the summer months due to the large amount of children who frequent the shop, it is always rewarding when you manage to provide a good service to the customers and provide them with the perfect product for them.
Poor company to work for
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lewisham, Greater London14 January 2019
Initially clarks was a good company to work for however when the new ceo took over it went downhill. Products prices went up , threats of being sacked for not making customers spend more money went up and lots of people lost there jobs ust before christmas 2016 due to cutbacks whilst the ceo authorised a fully paid weekend for all store managers at a hotel food and drinks included all expenses paid even travel expenses . The company has gone downhill and staff are treated badly
Cons
No respect from management, no bonuses, unreachable targets
Brilliant place to work!
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh2 January 2019
I worked in Clark's over summer and it was an amazing experience. Everyone there was super friendly and easy to work with. The shifts were really flexible in regards to days you could or couldn't work.
good pay but not good hours
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire11 December 2018
was only being given 4-8 hours a week and the job could be very stressful when lots of customers flooded in when children where getting closer to going back to school.
Pros
pay
Cons
poor hours
Normal 9 - 5
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wimbledon25 November 2018
Was an enjoyable job and had a good time while working there. Got along well with everyone and was disappointed to leave. Typical day would consist of helping customers with enquiries and stock checking and replacing of shelves.
Awful, bad management
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon5 November 2018
Managers are nasty and belittling,
Make you feel horrible about doing your job and make you not want to attend.
Nice staff, management team are horrible.
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Grinstead, West Sussex5 November 2018
clarks is a great place to work, sales assistants are treated fairly all earning the same age no matter the age. very flexible with shifts and holiday. Management is always there to listen
Fun place to work and great benefits
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London30 October 2018
I have been working at Clarks for 3 years and I have learned that on a typical day there will always be different challenges for you to get involved, get busy and learn something new. In fact I have learned many helpful life skills such as money management skills, team leading skills and being resilience. My workplace culture is very friendly, there is always interactions with all workers as there is always a Christmas dinner held by the company. The hardest part of my job would be dealing with difficult customers as some do not like to obey by rules.However the most enjoyable part of my job is being able learn something new everyday.
Pros
free shoes
Cons
not enough hours
Temp Sales Assistant
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London20 October 2018
Was part of the team during the winter season, was dealing of rushes of people that was on half term and preparing for Christmas, very safe environment.
The perfect retail job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Havant14 October 2018
The moment you join the team you are part of a project that you understand is just as much movement based as it is business. You find yourself having to prove yourself constantly to the team, but that has its benefits as it does negatives.
Productive and positive workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Isle of Man13 October 2018
I was pushed out of my comfort zone which had a positive impact on me. The management were great and kept us busy throughout the day. Customers and staff are all great.
productive and fun
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2018
Kept on your toes but still enjoyable.

Management are very understanding.

Hardest part is when a there is a busy rush during a sale.

Most enjoyable part is communicating with colleages.
Clarks Meadowhall
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire3 October 2018
Working for Clarks was one of the best jobs I could ever wish for, the management at my local store were very professional but had a fun side to them which made working there pleasant. The staff have extremely similar personalities excluding the age differences. The pay is great for students and the hours can be based around your education which I found really good when I was at college.
Pros
Good Pay, Flexible Hours, Friendly Staff, Rewards and prizes to win
Cons
Store is open quite late towards Christmas
It's ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 October 2018
It's a good company to start with lots of benefits! However manager was awful to work with hopefully doesn't work there any more! Rude and likes to embarrass staff on the shop floor! Unprofessional!

Other member of the team are very good and happy to help. However cut hours without asking or talking to myself prior happened with no warning!
Pros
I'm the centre of town
Cons
Unprofessional
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter1 October 2018
Working at Clarks was fun and rewarding as I learnt a lot of new skills in the role I was in and also made a lot of friends which made it a very enjoyable place to work. The workplace culture was good for the most part, however I did experience some sexism and rudeness from male members of staff, particularly management.
great place to work in when I did workexperience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London30 September 2018
The atmosphere the management created was so welcoming. It felt like home already from the first day. They taught me all the basics of what it is to be a sales assistant. And it helped me progress in securing another great job afterwards.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.