Clarks Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

Producive and fun workplace
Sales Advisor [summer temp] (Former Employee) –  Canterbury19 November 2017
great staff always offering opportunities to grow. a typical day at work would be clocking in and then finding your team leader who will give you a run down of what's going on and where you slot in for the day
Pros
Friendly collegues
Cons
not enough shifts
Busy, Enjoyable place to work with friendly staff.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Solihull15 September 2017
A typical day at the company, for me during the busy "back to school" period, would include helping and guided customers by fitting shoes for children and young people. From this experience, I learnt the importance of communication skills with the customer and the whole team and also learnt how to manage my time during shifts in order to ensure I was being productive. Everyone in the company were very welcoming and helped me understand what the job role "trained fitter" entailed. The job was a very enjoyable experience and I really enjoyed my period of work for the company.
Pros
Good pay, breaks (dependant on length of shift).
Cons
During summer, shop floor becomes busy and messy.
brilliant and easy to work for
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rotherham, South Yorkshire15 September 2017
i only worked here for a few weeks as i was on a placement but it was a really enjoyable experience the staff were easy to get along with any problems all you have to do is ask and they would help with any issues
very fair and well organised
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Poole6 September 2017
Clarks believed that if you did the same job as someone else you should be paid the same. Love that! Good training and very well organised, could be stressful in back to school season.
Busy, hardworking, friendly work place.
Trained fitter/Sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Longwell Green, Bristol27 July 2017
In a typical day I help customers in any way I can by measuring and fitting children's shoes. I have also learnt lots of product knowledge so help customers make an informed decision. The hardest part of the job is dealing with awkward customers (as like any job in retail.)
Pros
Good pay, good discount
Cons
Irregular working pattern
Productive, Challenging
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brent Cross Station, Greater London14 July 2017
It was a very rewarding job which allowed me to gain and develop exceptional communication skills and working in a team to try and achieve the target of the day.
Horrible belittling role.
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  N. Ireland13 June 2017
Worst employment ever. It says somehtin I feel when the customers present as less troublesome than the management. A bullying culture cloaked the entire shop and previous manager was too intimidated to act on it.

Customers were largely nice though.
Pros
Cons
Very belittling job, have to get tha manger to sign you KPI every day was embarrassing and humilliating, was like being back in primary school.
easy job
Sales advisor (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire21 May 2017
a easy job in a nice environment, can get busy at times but makes the day go alot quicker. not much help with development though and only get given limited hours.
Pros
fast pace enviroment
Cons
not great hours
Decent
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bradford, ENG6 January 2016
Was okay management zapped the fun in me to work with a better attitude. Never really allowed me to express myself and put ideas out
Pros
Back to school programme
Great atmosphere and friendly staff
Fitter and Sales Advisor at Clarks (Former Employee) –  Halesowen5 January 2016
This is such a great place to work at all the staff are friendly and helpful and the works outings are a joy to attend. There are decent staff discounts and overall a great place to work. Very active and engaging.
Pros
Staff Discount, Customers
Cons
Logistics of stockroom especially during busy periods
most enjoyable part of the job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 September 2015
Closing multi-sales and achieving or exceeding my daily targets, ensuring customers have a positive and comfortable experience.
Pros
Oppurtunity to develop myself further
Cons
shift given once a week
Close knit and easy to get along with.
Sales Adviser (Former Employee) –  Crawley, ENG5 March 2015
At Clarks a typical day would be to start my shift by being told by management which department I would be working in for the day. once told I start meeting and greeting customers straight away and asking if any of them needs any help.
Seeing the sale through right to the end is one of the key points I really enjoy about this job. Making sure my customers are satisfied with the service I have offered them always makes me strive to do even better than before.
The management are very organised and are easy to get along with, I felt that if I ever did have a problem then I would of been at ease to discuss with any one of the managers.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the fact that all the store employees feel like a close knit family and are able to get along with one another.
fun!
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  London13 November 2014
the job was just so much fun. We had target and i loved how everyone was working towards those targets collectively and individually.
Good fun place & always busy
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Eastbourne, ENG3 October 2014
Clarks is a good place to work as it is a vibrant atmosphere with a team of diverse age groups. I have worked for Clarks for 16 years overall at various locations in the UK.
Pros
Nice company with flexible contracts especially if you have young children.
Cons
Bad pay, bad benefits package, difficult overtime structure.
fun workplace
Clarks was the Sale Advisor and 'Trained fitter (Former Employee) –  hertfordshire12 September 2014
good place to work albeit a little bit stressful during the 'back to school period'. management at times lack the insight to allocate more workers to particular sections when it was at its busiest. because of this, we were constantly getting out of work late.
Pros
discount on shoes
Cons
constant overtime
Clarks
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Longwell Green, ENG11 February 2014
I worked in Clarks in Longwell Green.
My responsibilities were being a sales assistant, duties included cash handling, fitting children's shoes correctly( I was on the children's department). Whilst I was there I completed an Clarks fitting service training course. I really enjoyed communicating with the customers and their children. I have learnt how to communicate with various age groups which helps me carry out a good customer service.
Good team workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Stroud, Gloucestershire11 June 2013
A typical day at work involves socialising with people from all walks of life. Often helping families find their baby's first shoes and helping them to gain knowledge about growing feet. I have been professionally trained to fit children's and adults' shoes.

Within this job I have learned how to build a positive rapport with customers in a very short space of time. I've also learnt how to engage with children and adults in order to discover their requirements and satisfy both parents and children.

I have worked in Clarks for five year and get on incredibly well with each member of staff I work with. Team work is very important to me, I feel I click well as a member of the team.

The management in my store have been working in partnership for around twenty years. The manager and assistant manager know each other very well and work well together, while providing a positive atmosphere for workers and customers.

The hardest part of my job is during the back to school season within the summer holidays. Within this period it is essential to meet all criteria while being under pressure to serve large numbers of customers in a small amount of time.

The part about my job I enjoy most is helping families to find their baby's first shoes. This is a once in a lifetime experience, which I feel privileged to be a part of.
Pros
Working with lots of different people
Cons
Not enough hours
enjoyable friendly
sales advisor (Current Employee) –  lancashire14 April 2013
greeting customers, putting daily stock away, serving customers, cleaning, organising new stock. I enjoyed working with all my colleagues. back to school was demanding and sometimes ustomers would get very angry with you when it was a long waiting time.
Pros
incentive rewards
Cons
extremly quiet times