Clarks Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Staff are lovely and the manager is amazing
Retail Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Widnes, Cheshire17 May 2018
Clarks is a great place to start a career if you're just starting out once you have finished school. The team at Widnes are amazing and will do their best to make you feel welcome and part of the team.
Pros
Exceptional team to work with.
Cons
Hours can be a bit limited.
Good pay and flexible hours
Sales Team Member (Current Employee) –  Chelmsford16 May 2018
Overall, working at Clarks was a good experience, with a competitive salary and very flexible working hours. The people were friendly and always around to provide support, however the atmosphere was sometimes very tense and pushy
Good staff
Sales team member (Current Employee) –  Suffolk27 March 2018
Enjoy working there. The staff are friendly and happy and will help no questions asked. The down sides are working Sundays and bring expected to do extra hours during the school holidays
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
Working Sundays and extra especially during holidays
Great people and good money
Store assistant (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire6 March 2018
Learned a lot about sales, and interacting with the public. The management team was very friendly and patient, attended a training course and became a trained fitter for the children's section.
Pros
free shoes
Cons
not a lot of hours
Fun and productive workplace
Crown Point Retail Park, Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leeds17 January 2018
Management were very organised, having faith in employees to delegate work. The overall workplace culture was fun however seasonal fluctuations in the summer made the job quite stressful.
Fun workplace and friendly staff
Sales Team Member (Summer Temp) (Former Employee) –  Andover6 December 2017
Friendly and supportive staff and management. Help with training and how to use equipment. Hardest part of the job was getting use to measuring with precision. Most enjoyable part was becoming friends with staff and building confidence by talking to customers.
Good first job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol12 October 2017
This was my first job after leaving school. They were flexible with the shifts for the days I had college and the pay was good for a 17 year old that just left
Average retail job
Sales Assistant Team Member (Former Employee) –  Southport27 September 2017
All the staff are very friendly. You have to have had previous experience in retail before working here as it is very sales driven. Sometimes you are told to try and sell an extra pair of shoes to customers so you have to have good customer and product knowledge.
Pros
30 %33 of shoes and 2 100% a year
Productive Workplace
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford5 August 2017
I worked here for a couple of months and found that all staff were friendly and helped me out on the occasions in which I needed assistance. The hardest part of the job was trying to meet high targets but this only encouraged me to work harder than before.
work exprience
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester4 August 2017
stocking shelves in the back to have them ready for the up coming Christmas holidays the most enjoyable part was turning up ever day. the management was really friendly
Pros
being able to work with nice people
Cons
having to be work expriemce
workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  London Borough of Hackney, Greater London20 July 2017
i think clarks is a very good institution and very well handled and successful retailing business it is a very well managed organisation, the hardest part of the job is leaving the customers unsatisfied.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
one break
very supportive and a perfect opportunity!
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 July 2017
Temporarily working here, made me achieve and learn many things e.g. team work, dealing with customers and many others. I would advise anyone to work at this place as its the perfect opportunity to earn money and simultaneously enjoy and lean many new things.
Pros
very supportive employees
Fun place to work
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Washington, Tyne and Wear13 July 2017
Clarks was an enjoyable place to work, especially for a first job. Became quite stressful on busy days due to the amount of customers but in general it was a nice place to work.
Great
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, Devon28 June 2017
Really engages you with both children and the elderly and teaches you not only how to sell to them but also just how to talk to them at a real level. Enjoyed my time here very much.
Pros
discounts
Cons
back to school
Lack of encouragement and motivation
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Telford, Shropshire10 May 2017
Working for Clarks was an eye opening experience. A typical day consisted of serving customers and arranging stock. I learned further skills in customer service and other skills related to retail via training.

Whilst it was fast pasted and enjoyable, serving customers and organising stock, I felt that management was lacking encouragement and support. I often felt belittled by the management staff. There were certain aspects of my job role that I found difficult and even made mistakes, which I believe is normal when starting out any new job role. However, instead of being encouraged and motivated to try again and learn a more appropriate methodology, I was often told I wasn't good enough for my role, and kept being transferred to different roles. I ended up having to leave the position as I was placed on carrying stock up and down a flight of stairs for 10 hours straight and I simply wasn't physically fit enough to handle it.

It's a shame as I enjoyed speaking serving customers on shop floor and had a good relationship with the majority of staff.
Pros
Fast Paste, Friendly Staff, Good Starting Wage
Great Experience
Store Assitance (Former Employee) –  Swindon29 March 2017
I spent a lot of time browsing shoes with clients, which made every day different. I enjoyed working as part of a team. I learnt a lot while working for Clarks.
Amazing Place to Work
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh14 March 2017
I worked at Clarks Shoes for eight weeks as a Summer temp and it was the best job ever. This was my first ever job but it wasn't at all daunting in any way what so ever. Their whole team are like a family.
Kid's sales team member (Current Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands29 November 2016
Clarks is an excellent company to work for. Both the job, the staff i work with and the benefits are all great. Clarks care for all the employees.
Great people to work with!
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  London28 November 2016
Great experience to have when working with Clarks. Very organised work place with great team work. Everyone was good to talk to and provided me with valuable help whenever I needed it.
Pros
Easy shifts
Cons
Shift rota would keep changing.
Very enjoyable work
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth8 September 2016
I absolutely loved working at clarks as a STM. The management was wonderful, and always helpful. I loved learning new things from the company, and about the product. Wonderful team, fantastic environment to work in.
Pros
Fantastic people
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.