Clarks Employee Reviews for Customer Assistant

Nice Team
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire24 September 2018
I love the team I work with, the managers are nice.
stress from head office makes it not a nice place to work, the money is not great. I want to be contracted to more hours however they will not give me them as want more staff members.
Enjoyable and Challenging
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 August 2018
I provided exceptional customer service. My key duties included fitting and measuring customers, suggesting products, answering questions, and employing suggestive selling techniques. I possessed an understanding of merchandise as well as exceeding targets.
I used ipads to communicate whilst either in the stock room or shop floor, I regularly served 2 to 4 customers at the one time.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Excellent environment to work in
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester22 February 2018
This job taught me a lot of life long skills which will be useful for the future.

An example of this is being patient with children and elderly people as well as having to be attentive and calm.

Although the work shifts can be stressful and very tiring it is very rewarding seeing how happy the customer has been with the service and knowing that you have done something to the best of your ability.

The workplace atmosphere may be a little tense when it is busy as you have customers constantly shouting at you, but it is can also be a fun atmosphere with all the staff.
Good pay but sometimes not so great atmosphere.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southend16 January 2018
Majority of staff are nice to work with however a few members of staff are patronising and rude, especially to those of a lower position in the work place.
Ana amazing place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Beverley, East Riding of Yorkshire8 September 2017
I absolutely loved working at Clarks and learned a lot whilst working in one of their smaller stores.
The range of customer may be a challenge but there is nothing better than helping a customer find the perfect shoes for any occasion.
Amazing first place to work
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke31 August 2017
I really enjoyed working at Clarks. For me, it was an excellent first job. The team are a lovely group of people to work with, the targets are reasonable, you are always getting rewarded and there is always the opportunity for progress in the future.
Productive, fun work place
Back to school customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh29 August 2017
Worked at Clarks during the back to school period and absolutely loved my time there. Staff were friendly and extremely helpful. They provide incredible training for new starts on how to measure feet. Overall great place to work.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Temporary contracts
Fun workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hounslow, Greater London25 July 2017
I love working for Clarks. It's dynamic and fun environment. I like that every day is different. My Manager and Assistant Manager are great and you can trust them. Everyone is friendly and ready to help.
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
Unpaid overtime
I worked there very temporarily
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stroud31 October 2016
The staff were fabulous, unfortunately I wasn't able to stick around for long because I moved to Bath. But they were wonderfully helpful and accommodating, we tried to see if there were vacancies in Bath but unfortunately not.
fun working place
Assisting customers (Former Employee) –  Cheshire10 September 2016
Checking stock for customers in the back
Keeping the place tidy
Friendly co-workers

I learnt how to check the stock by code numbers and shaddowed fellow staff when they were dealing with measurments for people
Pros
satisfaction
Cons
stood up for long periods of time
fun
Customer assistant (Current Employee) –  Worle7 April 2016
nice place to work, nice people, great if you are a school leaver looking for weekend work, good incentives and great nights out
Satisfying working with people
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Horsham22 December 2015
I would be on the shop floor interacting with customers and selling them shoes. I would serve children and adults, i enjoyed both. I learned how to sell shoes to people and i feel with that experience i could put that into any selling situation and make a sale. The hardest part of the job was having a lack of progressive opportunities, i couldn't do any better than sales assistant. The most enjoyable part was interacting with customers and providing an excellent service for them.
Pros
Sociable
Cons
Part time
excellent company to work for
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westwood, ENG12 November 2015
found job interesting and co workers really friendly to work with, overall the 2 weeks work experience really helped my understanding of what is expected within the retail sector
Pros
Discount
Cons
no position available at end of work placement
Customer sales assistant - Fitting shoes (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, ENG22 June 2015
Customer service, Build a relationship, banking, team effort, fast paced, stock enquires and banking hardest part of the job not having the relevant stock in for the customer
Great salary and fantastic first job
Customer Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  King's Lynn, ENG22 February 2015
Colleagues were lovely, management was great and a generally nice place to work, with sometimes extreme busy times whilst very quiet at others. Only downside is, my contract was ended without any prior notice and from what I can see, through no fault of my own, so annoyed about that. Overall, however, a nice place to work.
Pros
Decent breaks
Cons
Can be stressful at busy times
productive and fun worklace
Greet and assist customers (Former Employee) –  northolt4 January 2015
I want to work at clarks because i liked it and there was polite members of staff that will treat you nice and you can perfectly get along with them . i gained so many skills and learnt how to manage your life.
Pros
free break
Cons
Clarks is a fun workplace which is developing into a more fashionable and stylish brand and workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham and leeds27 August 2014
A typical day at work would require a 5 minute brief from the manager or assistant manager before my shift stared. the brief would usually include targets for the day and a review on the previous day or weeks sales. i will then be located on a particular floor weather it be Men's, Ladies or Children.
I would have to greet every Customer and help them with there Clark's shopping experience.
Co-workers where always friendly and we all worked as a team to reach target and get the best sale results for the store.
Management where there to help as much as possible and working hours where very much flexible.
Once you have become a member of the Clark's team you are able to pretty much work at any branch and they will automatically class you as one of there own. Clarks are good with adapting to Students schedules, which makes it easy to study and work at the same time.
All in all a very good company to work for at a young age and while studying.
Pros
Friendly and enjoyable work environment. Great staff discount
Cons
Not enough positions and opportunities to grow within the company.