Clarks Employee Reviews in Manchester

Fun and friendly work environment
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester27 April 2018
Very friendly and interesting employees, the atmosphere in the store is always calm and fun. Even when the store gets busy everyone is organised and knows what they are doing, and even if someone requires help there are plenty of nice people around who can give a helping hand.
fast pace and challenging
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester3 October 2017
as this was my first proper full time job i learnt alot and gained alot of basic and more advanced experience. i left due to me wanting a career change and to earn more money
very supportive and a perfect opportunity!
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester19 July 2017
Temporarily working here, made me achieve and learn many things e.g. team work, dealing with customers and many others. I would advise anyone to work at this place as its the perfect opportunity to earn money and simultaneously enjoy and lean many new things.
Pros
very supportive employees
Fun and interesting.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester14 June 2017
The tasks were fun, not always easy, but fun. I learnt how to work the till and was able to work under different store atmospheres (busy and quiet). However, many of the permanent staff would try to get the temporary staff in trouble and would bad-mouth the temporary staff behind our backs.
Pros
Nice customers
Cons
Rude colleagues
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester11 April 2017
Clarks trained me to ensure that I was fully qualified to fit shoes on the kids department without any worries. It is an incredibly fun place to work, and there is the opportunity to speak with management about anything
Great Staff and Busy Workplace
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester7 September 2016
The workload was evenly spread throughout the staff. Typical day was busy and never stopped. I learnt how to be quick but not to rush. Laid back team and someone was always there when help was needed. There wasn't any hard parts to the job apart from the busy times when there was always someone who needed to be served. Most enjoyable part of the job was from the members of staff. They are easy going and get n with everyone and anyone. You become apart of the family.
Fast-paced and customer focused
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester2 June 2016
A typical day at work involves strong customer interaction, including introduction of offers and building of a rapport with the customer and use of the till. I work in a high pressure environment and this means I have excellent communication with my co-workers. We are constantly helping each other with sales and monitoring the whole shop so we can work together as best we can. The most enjoyable part of my role at Clarks is interacting witch the customers and helping them have an excellent experience as I value myself for my people skills and energy.
Good Colleagues and Nice Work Environment
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester17 May 2016
A typical day at Clarks is a very busy one, as one of the leading retailers in Childrens footwear due to the measuring service offered, there is an almost constant flow of customers, meaning that we have to be vigilant and on the ball at all times.

Clarks has given me a degree of patience that I did not possess beforehand, due to working directly with children ranging from a couple of months old, right the way through to teenagers.

The management is okay at Clarks, they could do more to help and sometimes are more focused on results rather than ensuring that every customer has a good experience, but aside from that they are generally very supportive of any problems you may have, in or out of work.

My co-workers are a delight to work with, they make the long days seem quicker and always support one another.

The hardest part of the job is having no respite on busy days and having to be constantly measuring children's feet and fitting shoes for hours on end.

However, the most enjoyable and satisfying part of the job is when customers leave feeling happy and confident that their children have been properly cared for while with us.
Pros
Free Shoes, Good Discount
Cons
Erratic Work Schedule, Not the sector I would like to work in
professional and increase of skills learnt
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester29 March 2016
they are a brilliant company to work for they employ really friendly staff that are easy to get on with. I have learned to communicate with customers in a professional way this can then be used in other aspects of my professional career.
Very Productive & Enjoyable
Retail Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Manchester, ENG11 January 2016
I learned many different things daily, about working in a retail company. Such as: how to handle complaints, how to deal with deliveries, as well as time management with sales.
The workers are all very helpful, & are very easy to work with.
Sales driven but great co workers
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester30 June 2015
Hard to meet sales targets without commission. Pressure to meet targets. Learned how to adapt to different customer types.
No free uniform. Management good. Love the people I work with.
Love helping customers who have special needs and find them what they're looking for.
Pros
Good holidays
Cons
no commission/ free uniform