Clarks Employee Reviews in London

Fun place to work
Team leader (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London25 August 2017
Clarks is a really good company to work for, great for progression and direction from management. Could not recommend more. especially for temp work and seasonal staff.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Long days
fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 August 2017
fully flexible hours good busy store very good team work very helpful understanding staff to work with delivery is busy over all good experiance i enjoyed working there.
Workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 August 2017
Usually we are expected to come in ten minutes before our shift starts just so we can make sure that we are on time. We are briefed for the first couple of minutes just to make sure we are aware of anything new such as promotions or discounts that should be mentioned to customers. I've learnt how to adapt the way I speak to help people of different backgrounds and abilities understand the same concept. The hardest part of the job is trying to make sure everyone is being served without making them wait if there aren't many people working on a particular day. The most enjoyable part is getting to interact with people and learning new things about people.
Pros
Staff are all similar ages and friendly
Cons
Short Shifts
interesting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London22 July 2017
- on a non-sale day the store can be quite calm, odd customers here and there

- learnt to tailor my services to each customer and see them as an individual
Busy and vun place to work with.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London21 July 2017
hard place to work at but its still fun and all that. some of the workers are waste of space but other than that its a good place to work at. The pay was really good.
Pros
Cheaper shoes
Cons
always busy
workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street,London,United Kingdom18 July 2017
-workplace is good
-you can learn a lot of things from the shop
-peoples are nice
-they always teach you things
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
sometimes need to stay longer
good work place
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  london4 July 2017
great place to work part time, although there are long hours can be really nice environment. typical day includes talking to customers, trying to sell shoes accessories and shoe care. hardest part is trying to reach target and pressure to do so.
Pros
good culture
Cons
short lunches, long hours
Good environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 June 2017
Central london, fun to work at fast pace in stock and shop floor. Great team of workers who created a healthy working environment and i gained a lot of experinece there.
fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  london brent cross13 May 2017
interactive social environment with friendly atmosphere. on a normal day, it can get very busy therefore you must ensure you're able to multi task and make extra sales on top of what youre selling.
customers can get agitated therefore you must be able to be patient with them and always approach them with a smile on your face and be willing to help them to the best of your ability.
the job culture overall is very good and you learn a lot
Pros
social
Cons
very busy, and can be multi tasking
Sales Team member
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London10 May 2017
This is a great especially if your interested in Business and Marketing for the future career's, I'd recommend many people who desired different fields to get experience.

The training on the brands of the shoe is very useful and helpful.

However it can be difficult to sell when certain shoe pairs are sold, there are just somethings that are better off.
Pros
70 % discount of shoe pairs, marketing and promotion experience
Cons
Pressure of selling goods
productive and fun
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, UK5 April 2017
very friendly environment, fast paced. The most enjoyable part of the job, is being Able to put a smile on the customers face, which tends to end with a praise and good feedback from them.
Professional work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London15 March 2017
Clarks is a great environment to work in and I have learned so much in my 3 years working there. It's a well structured work place. The management team are great and caring for each individual staff member.
Challenging
Floor Staff (Former Employee) –  london28 February 2017
It is a very challenging job. You always have to be alert and on the move. You are never bored because the customers are always asking for something from you
Great people to work with!
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  London28 November 2016
Great experience to have when working with Clarks. Very organised work place with great team work. Everyone was good to talk to and provided me with valuable help whenever I needed it.
Pros
Easy shifts
Cons
Shift rota would keep changing.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 November 2016
Was nice and learned many things such as how to communicate and help out customers. I also gained some experience and met many amazing people.
Pros
free lunches
very productive.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  London20 November 2016
it was very welcoming and productive. you get along with the staff very easily. you learn how to deal with customers, and you learn new skills for example: team work, responsibility, communication. and confidence..
Pros
feels like home
Cons
standing all day.
sales driven with great incentives
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  London19 November 2016
Clarks is a growing company which has many branch's and still are growing great if you love the retail environment would definitely recommend them for their shoe's great comfort.
productive
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London18 October 2016
From this job i learnt that organisation and tardiness are key in a work place such as this. The management was quite good, always making sure you are on top of your work and doing it correctly, also always ready to help and provide assistance if needed. The hardest part of the job was to send down the requested shoes, due to the large stock room and the uncertainty of the locations but once you get the hang of it, it becomes pretty easy. The most enjoyable part of the job was the shop floor; as you get to interact with the many different people that walk through those automatic doors.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London22 July 2016
During the two weeks of work experience in Clarks, I have learned to work with others for example the staff members were very helpful on parts that I had difficult with. I have enjoyed working with the team members as they have treated me with respect as I have with them. my main objective was fulfilling the tasks given to me so that the customers are satisfied with the service we provide.
Pros
good lunch breaks, gaining experiences like teamwork and communication skills.
Cons
finding right size for shoes was difficult to find, sometimes the sizes for customers wasnt available.
typical day
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  London27 May 2016
included dealing with customers
dealing with deliverys
meeting targets
sorting out the stock room , the day to day dealings ws manageable as there was help and guidance from our mentors , working with the co workers was also rewarding as we had the same goal and worked with each other , there was not really a specifed hard part in the job , however the most enjoyable part was working with customers and seeing there satisfactijon of buying

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.