Clarks Employee Reviews in Edinburgh

Encouraging and supportive workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, Fort Kinnaird4 June 2018
Typical day at work would involve various jobs i.e. stock, selling, cashier.
Received in-depth training in shoe fitting for adult/children's department, stock-taking and working on tills.
Supportive environment where you're encouraged to challenge and improve yourself.
Productive, fun work place
Back to school customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh29 August 2017
Worked at Clarks during the back to school period and absolutely loved my time there. Staff were friendly and extremely helpful. They provide incredible training for new starts on how to measure feet. Overall great place to work.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Temporary contracts
typical day at clarks
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh19 June 2017
Clarks can differ each day depending on how busy the shop is and if it has a promotion on in the store, overall it is really good working here part time and it is a good company provider to work for however it is not what i would like to do and i would like to get a full time apprenticeship and learn whilst i work. the most enjoyable part of the job is measuring the new born kids feet and getting them their first ever pair of shoes and seeing the smiles on their faces at the end of the process. a typical day at work is generally satisfying and meeting consumers needs and wants and getting hem the shoes they want.
Amazing Place to Work
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh14 March 2017
I worked at Clarks Shoes for eight weeks as a Summer temp and it was the best job ever. This was my first ever job but it wasn't at all daunting in any way what so ever. Their whole team are like a family.
Good work place
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh7 March 2017
Having to measure kids feet.
Helping customers get the shoes they want.
Cleaning stock room and Shop floor.
Making stock moves.
Hardest part is dealing with unhappy parents.
The management is good but not being given enough hours.
friendly but hardworking working workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, Midlothian21 December 2016
A typical day at work can be pretty stressful with many many customers and high standards of targets to meet. however I have learned a lot about working in a fast pace retail environment where standards and service need to be high. Staff are very friendly and enjoyable to work with, I have met friends which I will keep both in and out if the job.
Pros
enjoyable working environment
Brilliant First Job
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh8 February 2016
New to the workforce I was welcomed and trained along with other new members of staff. Temporary job soon became permanent and I was there for 3 years. I enjoyed the short hours which meant I was able to have this job while I was at school and just work the weekends. I loved working with the public and children.
Enjoyable with flaws
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh8 October 2015
Paid professional staff training, great hourly wages. However, staff discount is rubbish and management isn't professional as it's very casual and cross-wired. You can only get 4 hour shifts to prevent them having to give you a paid break, so travelling is an effort to have to go in twice over two days to do a full 8 hour shift. Small contracts (either 4 or 8 hours) and it's difficult to get more hours.
fun but not very well paid
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh, SCT8 August 2015
Love working here but think the rate of pay is not very good.managment is really good !
And work well with customers
You have to have a strong head while working with the children
energetic and demanding place to work
assistant manager (Current Employee) –  edinburgh shandwick place28 October 2012
customer service related skills taking charge of store and ensuring that all kpi targets etc are met whilst also dealing with rotation of stock and stock deliveries. The people i work with are enthusiastic about what they do and we all have a passion for selling. There is no hardest part of the job and the best part as with any other job is closing the doors at the end of the day knowing you have broken your targets
Pros
excellent package and discount
Cons
nil