Clarks Employee Reviews in Croydon

See reviews about:
my job role
Sales Associate (Temporary) (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London11 August 2017
A past paced but yet great customer service which I really enjoy giving to the customers as it is important as it will always give them a good impression and to come back into the store again due to my great customer serivce.
Tiring, degrading and stressful.
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London13 April 2017
Most awful place to work. I strongly advise anyone to NOT apply. Management are the coldest, manipulative, undermining, belittling people to be around
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Management. No hours.
Fast paced environment
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London10 March 2017
* A typical day at work is based around allocating staff to the right place to drive a positive customer experience ensuring customers leave delighted. I ensure this is done by giving staff/team members regular feedback on performance and deliver training e.g. coaching on sales behaviours.

* I have learned how to run the store in the absence of the manager (s)

* Management is supportive and very helpful.

* workplace culture is to create a friendly and welcoming environment for consumers to ensure we give the consumer the best experience.

*The hardest part of the Job is keeping the conversion high.

* The most enjoyable part is building rapport with customers to understand their needs, letting personality shine through and being a strong role model for team members demonstrating excellent behaviours and supporting them.
Pros
33% discounts to Clarks team members
Cons
Conversion Board
Summer Job
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London22 February 2017
This was my first ever job straight out of school and I was made aware that my job there would only be temporary as the company was being closed down, I worked here as a summer job from June to September before starting full time college.
jobs i done there
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London5 December 2016
i started of as a sales assisant and worked my way up to a superviser then i became stock controller then made my way to superviser shop floor then came to head cashiers and done banking
Exciting, productive, fast paced, fun
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Croydon11 August 2016
Working at Clarks was enjoyable. There was a good team atmosphere which made it an fun work place.

It was interesting to see how it was run after buying my shoes there for so many years and to speak to the people that come up with the ideas for new products and designs.
Busy and a fun place to work
Stock Assitant (Current Employee) –  croydon6 October 2015
At Clark's i have learnt to be a good team player to my colleges and managers. At a normal day at Clark's its always busy which can be hard sometimes as my job was getting shoes as quickly as possible to keep the customer happy with the service.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
not enough hours for me
Cold workplace
Part-time Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Croydon, ENG8 September 2015
Management was poorly handled and was a very unfriendly work environment.
Weren't understanding of certain circumstances,