Clarks Employee Reviews in Birmingham

Found working there uncomfortable
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands15 November 2017
While working at Clarks I did feel like the staff were intimidating and demanding of the temporary staff which made the working environment very uncomfortable.

Also my timetable would constantly get changed before I had a chance to check meaning my hours were constantly muddled up and would result in me having to go home and then come back later in the day quite often.
Very busy during Christmas
Shop Floor Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham13 September 2017
Clarks was my first paid job experience and taught me what it was like to work for a pay cheque. The hardest part I found about the job was fighting my natural un-salesperson personality: if someone could not find the pair of shoes they wanted, or that fit their needs or description, I would accept their decision and agree with their decision to leave, rather than offering alternatives which is what my manager and the shop philosophy pushed for. However, if I learnt anything there, it was patience with people. I was quick to master the till, stock system and search tablets but the variety of people I served meant I was always on my toes.
Christmas and New Years Day Sales will forever haunt me; there were SO many people! I now admire people who decide and persist with working in such a stressful environment
Pros
Free pair of shoes
Cons
Long hours, pressure to perform, working on Christmas Eve, Boxing Day and New Years
Enjoyable experience
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, UK31 May 2017
I had a great experience whilst working at Clarks, I learnt various skills which I am able to use in the future and the management and staff were great people and good leaders.
Nice place and staff, over emphasis on sales.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands24 April 2017
The shift would start 10 minutes before it scheduled to in order to be given your shift sales target and how you were going to do that. Shop floor only busy during sale periods, so a lot of shop floor cleanliness, stock room tidiness. When part time, 4 hour shifts were allocated, for example 3-7pm which in reality was 2:50-7:45. This is because after the shop had closed, general cleaning of the shop floor had to be completed then a shift review with your sales, multi sales, positive and negative things about your shift had to be signed by the manager on duty. If you do not like highly pressurized environments with lots of importance on amount of sales you do then this job is not worth the money you are paid. However, this job is mentally rewarding when sales are hit but no commision or bonuses so hard to stay motivated when on minimum wage.
Pros
Good location. Nice staff.
Cons
Highly pressurized sales culture.minimum wage. no bonuses.
Team Leader
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Birmingham3 October 2016
I Started as a Sales Assistant. My commitment, performance and enthusiasm led to being offered the permanent post of Team Leader. I was responsible for training new staff, sharing product knowledge and preparing performance targets to ensure all staff were meeting personal goals and achieving their full potential.
Pros
Salary Bonus
Cons
most enjoyable part of the job
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Birmingham18 September 2015
Closing multi-sales and achieving or exceeding my daily targets, ensuring customers have a positive and comfortable experience.
Pros
Oppurtunity to develop myself further
Cons
shift given once a week
A great place to work if you have a stable manger
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  birmingham7 April 2015
The culture in clarks is fun, target based and the people are friendly. The only problem was the Manager would change very often.
Pros
Discounts
Very Good place to work
Trained Fitter/Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG15 February 2015
At Clarks its like a family and the staff are caring, helpful and very motivational. There isn't a bad day at Clarks, daily targets are structured and their is always someone there to support you.
Pros
Discounts & Daily competitions & prizes
Cons
Always on your feets
Clarks is a fun workplace which is developing into a more fashionable and stylish brand and workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham and leeds27 August 2014
A typical day at work would require a 5 minute brief from the manager or assistant manager before my shift stared. the brief would usually include targets for the day and a review on the previous day or weeks sales. i will then be located on a particular floor weather it be Men's, Ladies or Children.
I would have to greet every Customer and help them with there Clark's shopping experience.
Co-workers where always friendly and we all worked as a team to reach target and get the best sale results for the store.
Management where there to help as much as possible and working hours where very much flexible.
Once you have become a member of the Clark's team you are able to pretty much work at any branch and they will automatically class you as one of there own. Clarks are good with adapting to Students schedules, which makes it easy to study and work at the same time.
All in all a very good company to work for at a young age and while studying.
Pros
Friendly and enjoyable work environment. Great staff discount
Cons
Not enough positions and opportunities to grow within the company.
Fun Workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ENG30 March 2014
Typical day at Clarks would be fitting shoes for children and fetching shoes for customers helping adults with fitting shoes aswell. I learned how to fit shoes and what shoes to recommend, organized the shoes in the stockroom. Management are brilliant and friendly, if you needed a second opinion on a shoe fitting they would help you by showing you. My co-workers were great to get along with friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was working out the books with what you sold that day. Most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team and meeting customers.
Pros
Always Learning
Cons
Short hours
Fun workplace and good to learn new skills
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham Bullring1 September 2013
Clarks is a fun place to work as the staff are easy to get along with and you also learn and develop a lot of skills whilst working in an environment with customers.
Productive fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham31 July 2013
A typical day at Clarks is a very fun and fast work pace environment.

I learned to measure young children feet accurately with full training and supervision

the co-workers are excellent, when you are employed with Clarks you feel your just like family real quick. the Staff are extremely friendly and helpful

Hardest part of Clarks is back to school time, when the store is chaotic

The enjoyable part is making customers feel happy and relieved that they getting this type of professional service. Also able to not only communicate with adults and parents but to also get along with the kids and offer them that little bit of independence whilst shopping in Clarks
fun workplace
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  birmingham11 June 2013
enjoyable, learnt skills for life, friends for life.
learnt the ins and outs of retail from cash handling to stock taking
Lovely work place
sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Birmingham10 June 2012
i love working at clarks the job security is very high which is what i like about the company.
Pros
job security
Cons
short hours