Clarks Employee Reviews

The perfect retail job
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Havant14 October 2018
The moment you join the team you are part of a project that you understand is just as much movement based as it is business. You find yourself having to prove yourself constantly to the team, but that has its benefits as it does negatives.
Good place to work for experience
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham11 October 2018
A typical day at work is measuring children’s feet and to find them the right shoes. I learned how to work in a busy environment. The worst part of the job is the hours you get given it’s either between 8-12 hours a week.
Pros
Safe and easy environment to work in
Cons
Low hours so never have any money
enjoyable place to work
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Altrincham, Greater Manchester8 October 2018
I really enjoyed the friendly environment in store, the staff made me feel warm and welcomed. The manager was approachable and I was able to ask any questions.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
it was difficult to work the till at first
productive and fun
sales assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2018
Kept on your toes but still enjoyable.

Management are very understanding.

Hardest part is when a there is a busy rush during a sale.

Most enjoyable part is communicating with colleages.
Worst Job, Demanding, Bad management
Cashier/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  birmingham fort7 October 2018
Blatant favouritism, name calling from the management eg. minions, terrible organisation.
A typical day at work meant I was the only cashier and had to serve almost everyone, it was only when customers started complaining someone would come to help. All the management would do is go outside smoke, smoke, smoke then when they came back and nothing was done properly they would take all there anger out on all of the workers.
Honestly, it's really not worth working here.
Clarks Meadowhall
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Meadowhall, South Yorkshire3 October 2018
Working for Clarks was one of the best jobs I could ever wish for, the management at my local store were very professional but had a fun side to them which made working there pleasant. The staff have extremely similar personalities excluding the age differences. The pay is great for students and the hours can be based around your education which I found really good when I was at college.
Pros
Good Pay, Flexible Hours, Friendly Staff, Rewards and prizes to win
Cons
Store is open quite late towards Christmas
It's ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Manchester2 October 2018
It's a good company to start with lots of benefits! However manager was awful to work with hopefully doesn't work there any more! Rude and likes to embarrass staff on the shop floor! Unprofessional!

Other member of the team are very good and happy to help. However cut hours without asking or talking to myself prior happened with no warning!
Pros
I'm the centre of town
Cons
Unprofessional
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Exeter1 October 2018
Working at Clarks was fun and rewarding as I learnt a lot of new skills in the role I was in and also made a lot of friends which made it a very enjoyable place to work. The workplace culture was good for the most part, however I did experience some sexism and rudeness from male members of staff, particularly management.
great place to work in when I did workexperience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London30 September 2018
The atmosphere the management created was so welcoming. It felt like home already from the first day. They taught me all the basics of what it is to be a sales assistant. And it helped me progress in securing another great job afterwards.
Fun workplace with lovely colleagues
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lymington29 September 2018
Clark’s was a very decent job and fun but I have to leave because it was very hard to get to and back as I worked awkward hours and I do not drive yet
Pros
Nice setting
Cons
Awkward hours
great benefits
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Southwest28 September 2018
clarks has a great reward programme and pension/ holiday entitlement

tough working in store with minimal staffing it can be challenging.

a good company to work for with good ethics
benefits
Good pay, straightforward job but terrible hours & management
Sales Assistant/Fitter/Measurer (Former Employee) –  Cheshire27 September 2018
I was employed at a Clarks Outlet earlier this year and was trained as a kids fitter and measurer. The pay is decent and is the same for everyone regardless of age which I appreciate. A typical day included fitting shoes, measuring feet and generally keeping the kids area clean and tidy.
The majority of the people there were absolutely lovely and I learned to how to multitask as well as improving my customer service skills.
However, the hours weren't great, I was only doing 4 hours a week which was a lot less than I'd hoped for.
Management was terrible and the managers and team leaders were mostly nasty, unprofessional and rude. The worst part was the managers who especially targeted the younger workers.
Pros
Straightforward job, decent pay
Cons
Not enough hours, rude & terrible management
productive and fun
Stock Room Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands27 September 2018
working at clarks was a good lace, i had a very great time there and i managed to learn my roll very quick. i also made friends with people there and got along with everybody.
Pros
friendly environment
lovely place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire25 September 2018
fast paced during summer
staff were all lovely and professional
hours were flexible
products were nice to sell
learnt about patience with all types of customers
Challenging but worthwhile
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Norwich24 September 2018
Like all jobs, being a team leader comes with it's challenges. You have to be strong minded and sale driven, but also focused at the job at hand. I would recommend this job to anyone looking for a challenge
Pros
Discount
Cons
Weekend work
Nice Team
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire24 September 2018
I love the team I work with, the managers are nice.
stress from head office makes it not a nice place to work, the money is not great. I want to be contracted to more hours however they will not give me them as want more staff members.
Decent
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  London19 September 2018
It was a decent place to work. I learned a lot about the company as well as about shoes and I will carry the knowledge with me for the rest of my life.
Rigid sales technique
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex18 September 2018
The management staff enforced a sales technique that was so rigid, none of them ever questioned it, and it often led to befuddled customers questions why their simple instructions were being ignored.
An enjoyable place to work
Trained kids fitter (Current Employee) –  Yeovil17 September 2018
I am a trained kids fitter, so a typical day involved being concentrated in the kids department and assisting parents and their children- such as measuring childrens feet, checking the fit of shoes and advising parents on what style is most suitable/provides the best fit. The management and fellow coworkers are all friendly, making working there even more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was the back to school period, our peak period which got very busy at times.
Pros
Workers benefits through OurWorld
Cons
Fixed 30minute break length
Productivee
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London16 September 2018
we went and start of by making sure the shop floor is Clean and presentable for the customers. I learnt to know the product and the company and how to deal with different parents and how to manage my time. the hardest part of the job is leaving because we would have to ensure the shop floor is neat and our manager is strict and she looks at very little things and ensures its done.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
don't get paid for break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.