Clarks Employee Reviews

Great pay but no life
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  North Tyneside, Tyne and Wear20 April 2018
The sales targets are ridiculous alongside shoe care and multi sales.
Too much pressure on those who work 4 hr contracts who are also studying full time.
Threatened with disciplinary if targets not reached even in quiet times.
No chance getting a holiday in the summer so if in studies that means you miss out on a load of things with mates.
Constant observations with nit picky feedback.
Back to school is not fun

However, all that being said management are lovely and just doing their job. Team spirit and all that is very enjoyable and i have learnt a lot of valuable skills from my time at clarks.
Rate of pay is fantastic but the hours aren't always available.

Never go in hungover... the kids screams will be the death of you
Pros
free shoes. good pay, supportive management
Cons
can't go to any summer holidays, lots of pressure to perform to ever moving standards
Generally a good place to work
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Glasgow8 April 2018
Having worked here for a few years, Im sad to say its gone downhill. I generally looked forward to my shifts, but not that often anymore, Unrealistic targets and bullying, intimidating management is to blame. The main bulk of the staff and customers however are a pleasure to work with. Its them that make it bearable.
Pros
Fair rate of pay, free shoes
Cons
unrealistic targets
nice place to work
Childrens shoe fitter (Former Employee) –  Gateshead2 April 2018
I worked here over the summer period and was only on a temp 8hour contract. in the beginning, I would do 8 hours and then get offered extra hours when available. as I was only 16 I only worked 4h max at a time so I never got a break on a shift. managers were nice and pay was great for me at the time as they paid everyone the same no matter of age.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no breaks
Great employers
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dewsbury, West Yorkshire2 April 2018
Brilliant fast paced job. Really enjoyed my time at this job. The management were great and it was an extremely friendly environment to work in. Would definitely recommend.
Awful place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Worcester, Worcestershire29 March 2018
Low pay, hours all over the place. If you're down for overtime that's it you have to do it. Really bad manager and different rules for different staff members
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
Everything!
It was good experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Galashiels, Scottish Borders29 March 2018
It was good experience as a first part time, retail job.
Typical day at work was four hour shifts, and one could be in the children's or adults section so there was always something to keep you busy.
Good staff
Sales team member (Current Employee) –  Suffolk27 March 2018
Enjoy working there. The staff are friendly and happy and will help no questions asked. The down sides are working Sundays and bring expected to do extra hours during the school holidays
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
Working Sundays and extra especially during holidays
Amazing company to work for
Clarks Shoes as an assistant sales advisor (Current Employee) –  Bodmin19 March 2018
very friendly and understanding, they try to make sure everyone is able to have a social life as well as a work life. they try to fit the rotas around everyone needs
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
N/a
What I learnt
Event Assistant (Former Employee) –  London16 March 2018
This job role enabled me to have the ability to work under pressure and to be able to have the chance to learn how to offer good customer service. This allowed me to statisfiy customers.
Like a family
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Crawley, West Sussex14 March 2018
A great working atmosphere. My work collegues are also my friends,everyday is different. I am an all rounder,I can take stock,use till,fit childrens shoes aswell as work on the Adults department. My manager is very fair and a good listener,you can always approach her.
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
Weekends
a nice place to work
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kingston upon Thames, Greater London14 March 2018
The staff are very friendly. Clarks is about working together as a team to make sure that we give the best customer service. It is advised that you upsell shoe care.
productive environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wrexham, Wrexham13 March 2018
Work consistent of working on your own initiative.
As my line of study involved children, clarks was a starting point to be able to see children in a different environment.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
not enough custom to fill the day out
i have always liked working for clarks
Sales (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London6 March 2018
i have worked for Clarks for 4 years and seen a lot change over time. But overall Clarks do care about their staff and i Have enjoyed my time working there.
Great First Job
Trained Shoe Fitter and Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denton6 March 2018
Helped create the best work experience and overall environment of the job was great. It was also an educational experience as it teaches you all about what shoes are best equipped for all ages.
Pros
Great Pay and free shoes
Cons
Touch kids feet
Great people and good money
Store assistant (Former Employee) –  Stirling, Stirlingshire6 March 2018
Learned a lot about sales, and interacting with the public. The management team was very friendly and patient, attended a training course and became a trained fitter for the children's section.
Pros
free shoes
Cons
not a lot of hours
Best place ever
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich5 March 2018
I have worked at a Norwich store for around 3 years and I would never want to leave! Every person I work with is so so friendly and all like family/ down to earth- I don't know if it is like this in every store, but work doesn't even feel like work as I enjoy my time here. I have worked at other places, and I recognise it is isn't always easy to find a friendly, fun workplace! Free shoes and good discounts, I highly recommend working for this company.
Pros
Free shoes, discounts, training, friendly, fun
Cons
None! Salary could be higher hehe
Great place
Hairdresser and Beautician (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands4 March 2018
Great job got on with all the clients and staff very well and due yo my dedication i became a very respected and trusted member of the family. I would now like a career in the care industry
great environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oxford Street3 March 2018
• Gained key customer service skills by assisting customers on a daily basis by advising and selling products to ensure the highest number of sales.
• Other responsibilities involved add on sales at tills, stock checks and ensuring the store is well merchandised and clean, which amplified my ability to balance such tasks, especially during peak times of the day
Nice place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Peckham Rye Park, Greater London28 February 2018
typical day was working with customers when they come in and find out what type of shoe they were looking for. the colleagues there were funny and nice to work with
Bleh
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire28 February 2018
Management did not have a clue. Very gossipy, immature place to work due to a majoritively student workforce. Vary rare to be granted additional hours as they'd prefer to hire lots of part timers.
Pros
33% discount on shoes and the pay was good
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.