Clarks Employee Reviews

Fun working
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Guisborough, North Yorkshire20 July 2018
When I have been at clarks I have found that everyone is very welcoming and easy to get a long with, in addition I think in this environment I believe that I have fitted in very well and that it has been a good experience there for me to be able to get a variety of different skills, such as time management, independence and team work.
It was fast pace and different from other work places
Staff Member (Former Employee) –  London17 July 2018
The job was fun managed to learn new skills as I went through out the day working their during my 3 months trial. I also enjoyed the fact that the staff will help you out if needed during the day.
Great part time job
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire14 July 2018
Good job for summer as a student and nice group of people to work with. Training is lengthy and time off is difficult but the salary is good for retail.
Enjoyable
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Reading9 July 2018
Great fun working with the members in clarks, had a lot of laughs during work as well as helping out customers and school children preparing for school.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Peckham2 July 2018
I had work experience in Clark’s for 5 days and i have learned a lot how to work in the shop floor and stock room. There’s nice staff who helps you they also friendly.
summary
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Devizes, Wiltshire1 July 2018
typical day includes working in stock room, behind tills and closely with customers. good employee perks are given through free shoes and good discounts
Pros
free shoes
Cons
stressful
Okay
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire29 June 2018
This is a good first job and the store and employees you would be working with are beyond lovely to work with it's just the larger structure of the company that is the issue with this job.
Terrible company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire27 June 2018
No progression, the management is also very poor with little concern for its employees. The range barely updates to current fashion styles and wouldn't recommend working he
ok place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor26 June 2018
daily routine would be to clean and check shelves, check stock and making sure the stock room is kept tidy and organised, attending to customers and helping them to choose the correct product for their needs. I learned how to fit shoes on children correctly. Management were fair and followed procedures correctly and treated staff equally. they also rewarded good feedback. staff got along great and there was laughs to be had during quieter periods. Hardest part of the job was to try and push certain sales for targets especially when it was to sell something you knew you would not buy yourself or was not really necessary for what the customer was trying to purchase. good parts of the job was fitting shoes on babies and seeing them have their first pair and making it a special occasion for parent and baby.
Pros
75% discount on shoes
Cons
targets set on unreachable sales
Fast paced and good wages
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  Thornaby on Tees25 June 2018
Work is busy and stressful at times, but the wages are brilliant. The environment is intense with lots of young children and stressed parents but the team is friendly and understanding.
Terrible management
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth19 June 2018
Terrible management, would be called into shift last minute and then sent home as was not needed. Management hardly ever in store. Working environment uncomfortable, negative culture. Not paid for hours worked.
Franchise stores
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Caterham, Surrey17 June 2018
Had a grate team work in the shop, learned lot of life skills,
Franchise working way lot different to that normal retail store. Best part is working with people
hardest part is Woking with Franchise owner.
Always a fun place to work.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Ealing Broadway Shopping centre7 June 2018
With this company you are always learning. The company put you on courses such as leadership and fitting courses so that you can implement all your learnings within the business.
Pros
good holiday entitlement
Cons
sometimes short of staff
great
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chelmsford7 June 2018
brilliant job for getting experince in sales loved it. would reccomend to anyone also.
sell shoes
meet people
make money
gucci gang gucci gang
clarks fo days
Great Company
Sales Team Member (STM) (Former Employee) –  Great Yarmouth, Norfolk7 June 2018
Friendly staff members who are easy to get on with and have a passion for shoes. Great benefits with 33% discount and you are defiantly looked after. However hours are not always there to be given and may be sent home early if quiet.
Awful place to work!
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Truro, Cornwall7 June 2018
The management are young and clueless! You constantly get put in for shifts at the last minute & not told & then you het harrassed over the phone to see where you are?! The sales targets are unrealistic and god for bid yoo dont meet the targets, your life becomes a living nightmare. The pressure to sell is so bad that customers sometimes leave due to the pressure. The team are lovely and yoi work your butt off but the management and owners spoil it and you will feel trapped, dont work here!!
Encouraging and supportive workplace
Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, Fort Kinnaird4 June 2018
Typical day at work would involve various jobs i.e. stock, selling, cashier.
Received in-depth training in shoe fitting for adult/children's department, stock-taking and working on tills.
Supportive environment where you're encouraged to challenge and improve yourself.
Fun workplace
Banking & Admin (Former Employee) –  Shephers Bush, Greater London3 June 2018
During the time of being a sales assistant, I would come in and have a briefing of what the store/individuals targets are.

Making sure all customers are greeted, having confidence in the knowledge you provide. Dealing with problems (refunds/exchanges/complaints/ well and efficiently.

During the time of being a cash handler for the entire store and dealing with all admin, first thing i'd have to do is open the store and count the amount of cash in all tills. This would follow onto completing the banking of the whole store, making sure the money adds up and if there are any anomalies I would have to rectify them.

The admin side of a day-to-day basis would be making sure all refunds/exchanges are done correctly. If they are not, I will need to rectify it on the system.
Pros
Starting and finishing early
Cons
Far
Extremely demanding place to work
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Llanelli, Carmarthenshire28 May 2018
You’re expected to hit unrealistic targets and meet unrealistic standards by the mangemnts team. When you are out of place by a small amount they’ll rain down on you. I haven’t worked here long and I no longer do as I “didn’t say hello enough” this was the excuse I was given when my contract was terminated. The management team also had already terminated by contract 2 weeks prior to telling me so I would work their busy hours. I’m disgusted at how badly the training is done and how you’re expected to preform, after such a massive brand has done so we’ll in the passed I feel it’s making its way back down the line.
Pros
Free shoes, other employees share how to feel.
Cons
Bad management, unorganised, bias towards the senior team.
good experience
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow23 May 2018
working in Clarks was a new experience for myself, you get trained on how to fit shoes and you learn new things that you didn't know before. the team I was working with was a great team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.