Clarks Employee Reviews

Rigid sales technique
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex18 September 2018
The management staff enforced a sales technique that was so rigid, none of them ever questioned it, and it often led to befuddled customers questions why their simple instructions were being ignored.
An enjoyable place to work
Trained kids fitter (Current Employee) –  Yeovil17 September 2018
I am a trained kids fitter, so a typical day involved being concentrated in the kids department and assisting parents and their children- such as measuring childrens feet, checking the fit of shoes and advising parents on what style is most suitable/provides the best fit. The management and fellow coworkers are all friendly, making working there even more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was the back to school period, our peak period which got very busy at times.
Pros
Workers benefits through OurWorld
Cons
Fixed 30minute break length
Productivee
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stratford, Greater London16 September 2018
we went and start of by making sure the shop floor is Clean and presentable for the customers. I learnt to know the product and the company and how to deal with different parents and how to manage my time. the hardest part of the job is leaving because we would have to ensure the shop floor is neat and our manager is strict and she looks at very little things and ensures its done.
Pros
1 hour break
Cons
don't get paid for break
friendly and supportive work enviroment
Shoe fitter/Sales assistant (Former Employee) –  Bishop Auckland, Durham12 September 2018
Within the workplace, there was always support of fellow colleagues, especially when challenges were thrown our way. At certain periods of the year there was a high influx of customers which presented more challenges due to larger families with a wide variety of children with different requirements to fulfil. Along with families, we also get elderly customers who struggle with getting the right shoes so I sometimes have to ask for advice on what to recommend.
Overall the working environment was always positive with a productive manor.
Pros
flexible hours
Productive and Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tunbridge Wells, Kent10 September 2018
Clarks is an excellent place to learn new skills. They help to build on team working skills, target boosters and customer service skills. The work day is fast and busy during the summer periods. The staff are pleasant and engaging.
Good pay, positive atmosphere, interesting job
Sales Team Member (Current Employee) –  Kendal8 September 2018
I worked part-time at Clarks for 2 years and in that time most of my days working were spent in the kids department, helping to fit shoes. This was the interesting aspect of the job and since it paid well and I wasn't bored, I give it 5 stars.
Job is great, staff are not!
Sales Team Member (Former Employee) –  West Midlands7 September 2018
The job is lovely, however, the downfall is the staff. They don't handle customer feedback, enquiries or complaints well at all. Staff can come across very rude at most times and this is not appropriate. A number of customers have made complaints regarding this.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
Staff attitude is appalling
productive friendly environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset6 September 2018
A typical day consisted of helping customers, displaying stock, making sales where you would be meeting targets. Often helping with back to school. Good training was provided and the team were very friendly and helpful.
lovey environment and friendly team
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire6 September 2018
Nice place to work, they deliver very good training and everybody is very friendly. They are flexible with working hours and very relaxed if you need to swap shifts with each other.
Productive and fun place to work
Retail assistant (christmas Temp) (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 September 2018
Friendly manager and working staff with great pay and decent hours, they challenge your work ethic and give sufficient training. But have unrealistic sales targets occasionally.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Unrealistic sales targets
fun and friendly
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnley3 September 2018
It's a very long time ago, but I remember enjoying working here. Everybody was welcoming and I received support due to the fact I had a young child. This was my first real experience of customer service.
Pros
part time hours
Fun and friendly
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire1 September 2018
The staff are wonderful, Pay is great and it’s a great place to work.
Typical day for a Cashier is a lot of standing at the till serving and cleaning the store. Restocking shelves and putting out shoes. I leant now to work effectively and fast. I worked closely next to team members and learnt to work independently.
Management is great, very effective and fair.
Everyone is friendly and I can’t wait to go back next year.
Hardest part of the job is finding missing shoes around the store and being left downstairs on your own when you have a queue and you have to do shoe checks too
Pros
Great pay, 30 mins fixed lunch
Cons
Not payed for lunch break, hot in summer and back to school
A good introduction to part time work life.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wimborne, Dorset30 August 2018
I joined clarks when I began studying at college as a Saturday job, this soon progressed into a part time postion. I learnt a lot of skills at clarks and was grateful for the introduction it gave me to working life. My colleges were friendly and helpful. I was given specialised training which I enjoyed. Overall Clarks is a good stable company to work either part or full time for.
Amazing company to work for
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool29 August 2018
Staff are amazing, managers look out for you and everyone gets on so well! if its a busy day the managers ensure they look out for you and never let you deal with horrible customers on your own
A good place to work
Production Operative (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MS28 August 2018
Clarks was a great place to work everyone were treated the same the people were like family
The working environment was very good
Company has gone
Pros
Free shoes
Cons
Good pensions very good pay
Good!
Seasonal Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southend, Essex25 August 2018
Its a good place to work, its quite a demanding place however, I do have a back condition and find it challenging climbing up ladders over 20 X a day and carrying heavy boxes from delivery.

A few times where other sales advisors have taken sales from me, which meant I was unable to hit my target.

Overall the people are lovely and the pay is good too!
Good place to work can have fun
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire25 August 2018
Really good working with staff simple but challenging jobs more confidence talking with others made friends with staff easily I followed easy intrusions and asked for help if needed it
Pros
Early shifts
Cons
Working on ground floor cleaning
For my first job, it was a good time.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh23 August 2018
It was exhausting at first and sometimes confusing. It was my first job so I don't remember much, other than my feet hurting. The pay was low. The coworkers were friendly.
very busy
Sales Assistant (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Truro16 August 2018
I have grown in confidence since working at clarks however, i am currently dealing with a problem with one of my managers, as they have been very rude towards me.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London15 August 2018
Here I learned time management, administrative skills, and customer service and sales protocols. The atmosphere was fun, active, and easy going and was great to be a part of.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarks. Our community is ready to answer.