Clarion Housing Group Employee Reviews

Uninspiring Senior Managers and a deluded Director
IT (Former Employee) –  Bromley27 September 2019
I was employed in the finance directorate (IT)

Senior Managers are inexperienced and completely out of their depth for the most part, those who did have the expertise and knowledge are no longer with the business.

It is now a contractors paradise with hatchet men at the top and has contractors who think they know it all.

Those above SMT level have no direction and are less than inspiring effectively leading the department down down a one way road to disaster they also lack class.

The future is bleak so be aware!
Pros
Great company benefits and healthy Salaries
Cons
Process process process nothing gets done
Productive, professional and friendly working place
Receptionist/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Borehamwood26 September 2019
I personally think that from my working experiences, Clarion Housing was the one that I have enjoyed the most. The people i have worked with are professionals and have been in the industry for a lond time. They are experiences and very helpful with new employees.
Good place poor management
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Surrey24 September 2019
You only get paid more if you get along with manager rest just go with the flow.never get response from management,you can’t reach when you need to talk to someone.
This is a Nice company to work for, good location, good offices and people are friendly. I enjoyed working here. London Bridge is a FAB working location.
Opressive Senior Managers
Annon (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 September 2019
Managers not interested in people either residents or staff, just targets and if you miss target then you are under pressure and if not met performance related action taken even if the IT system they implement is totally useless. New rents system is dreadful
Poor management disgusting work ethics. How is this one of the biggest housing associations?? Con artists for the weak hearted individual.
Grounds Maintenance/Caretaker (Former Employee) –  London20 August 2019
Poor management disgusting work ethics. How is this one of the biggest housing associations?? Con artists for the weak hearted individual with no common sense.
Dis-organised and lack of management
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London12 August 2019
I had only few months to work in Clarion but this organisation doesn't value people but just KPIs.
Very low level of management.
Great teams to work with and fantastic facilities. Good work /life balance
review
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Harlow, Essex10 July 2019
good place to progress good people fun place to be good management support
Professional and enjoyable work place
Contact Centre Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kings Hill, Kent27 June 2019
Clarion Housing offers many benefits along with a fair salary. Support from colleges and management is always available and monthly one to ones are completed. The Company itself is a strong and positive place to work and fully supports employees.
Promising company, let down by poor middle management, uplifted by friendly and approachable colleagues
Several Roles In The Company (Former Employee) –  Multiple Locations23 April 2019
Clarion Housing is a large company, but only recently, due to a takeover that was disguised as a "merger". Although they are ok to work for, this is mainly down to the colleagues that you get to work with. The managerial structure is ill supported with middle management seeming to be a constant struggle for people to prove they are better than others, whilst still doing very little productive work.
The worst of which being my previous and last manager. Never being available, always having an excuse to work from home or being a couple to several hours late every day, lying about completing work and more are just a few of the constant struggles.
Pros
Friendly Colleagues
Cons
Poor Middle Management
Horrible
Contact Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London13 April 2019
Would never advise anyone to work there, the staff are great but management are like cliques and you will only progress if they like you and you give them gossip about other staff members. If you stand up for yourself or mind your own business and get on with you’re work it will get you nowhere. The whole place is a scandal !!
Pros
Chilled environment
Cons
Horrible management
Trainer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London12 April 2019
I enjoy working here, it's a fun and interesting place to work. The organisation does some great work and runs amazing initiatives for local communities.
Not a good employer
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 March 2019
This is not a good place to work. There are more negatives than positives. Clarion Housing claim to be caring, but this is definitely not the case. They look after number 1 and will happily replace anyone who doesn’t follow their rules. Its very corporate at all their offices now with the introduction of new rules which can be seen as unnecessary red tape. Staff are not encouraged to be proactive or to think for themselves as they must go to a senior manager to make the decisions for them. I honestly haven’t seen anything as bad as this. The workplace culture is very authoritarian and dictatorary. Without permission the answer is always no. No freedom or respect shown. Working here has been a real eye opener
Pros
Cons
Controlling management team
A diabolical company to work for
Accounts Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 March 2019
I thought joining the biggest housing company in England would be a positive, but how wrong was I. Every day is an absolute nightmare. It is disorganised, unfriendly, inflexible and I feel like I am being controlled in a system. You are not allowed to think for yourself because you are told what to do and its the management way or no way. The management tell us that we must go the extra mile for residents, yet there is no evidence that this company actually care about that. I am struggling to find anything positive to say about this company
Pros
Making great new friends and colleagues
Cons
Dictatorship, poor management, signs of unreasonable behaviour
Ruthless employer
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London20 March 2019
`Working here without question was the worst experience of my life. I was sold a dream but this ended up being an recurring nightmare. I immediately noticed that Clarion were behind with some processes and begun to provide some ideas on how they can get ahead given that I have change management experience. This proved to be a huge mistake as the manager in question did not like my input and begun to treat me differently. This started with constant check ins, picking up on minor things in my work but what irritated them most was my relationship with their manager. They could see that I got on well with them. It seems to be a cultural thing here because there are a lot of control mechanisms being put in place. There isn’t room for freedom. Every ounce of your diary must be filled in otherwise you are questioned. I took my concerns to the HR department but I was ignored. I learnt that you have to look after yourself here because no one has your back unless you are friends with the right people. Its also an organisation that has also lost its social purpose and is more interest in being a business than a reputable Housing association. I have left and it was the easiest decision that I have ever made. I enjoyed absolutely nothing and would not recommend this company to anyone.
Pros
being able to resign
Cons
Dictatorship
Avoid this organisation at all costs..
Home Ownership Officer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London20 March 2019
Since the merger everything has gone downhill. Lots of mismanaging and cover ups. This used to be a relaxed working environment but it’s turned very corporate and there is a controlling nature of operations from top to bottom. You get absolutely no support from most managers as they are only keen on protecting themselves. HR who are known as the employee relations team, just roll over and let managers do what they want. You get shown no respect and they are ruthless. Many people have left because of the culture and many have been treated very unreasonably. Clarion are the biggest housing provider in the country but they are definitely the worst company in the country. There are no positives that I can think of
Pros
Cons
Poor culture, poor management, unfriendly, hostile and unruly
Horrible management team!!
Call Handler (Former Employee) –  Kings Hill, Kent19 March 2019
I worked for Centra for a few months and at first I loved it..... but as I started to try and settle in the cracks started to show. Everyone has their own groups and they will stare and you on shift without saying a word. The managers on shift just sit, talk, drink coffee and smoke cigarettes. There is NO support from anyone at that company
Pros
Good money
Cons
Poor management, unfriendly and unsupportive
Woeful place to work
Land Surveyor (Current Employee) –  West Malling, Kent18 March 2019
Not a good place to work. Lots of changes have been happening and its extremely corporate here. I get the Impression that Clarion Housing have lost its social purpose and only really cares about the business side of the company. There is a hands on approach to things and very dictatorary from the top. The HR team just tell people that this is how it is going to be and if you don’t like it, you know where the door is. Ive never seen anything like this. I have a good manager though who tries to help but she is powerless due to the influence of her own manager. I’ve learnt a lot from the work that I do, but I do not envisage being successful here as my face doesn’t fit with the culture of this organisation. I just make up the numbers
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Poor culture
Good environment to work
Administrator (Temporary Contract) (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 February 2019
Productive fun and good place to work.
Well supported from management to colleagues.Flexible working hours. Friendly staff and management very accommodating
Pros
free fruits and coffees and tea
Cons
flexible hours
The worst place i have ever worked at
Customer Solutions Co Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Kings Hill21 February 2019
I started as a customer solution co ordinator on the basis this was a good opportunity with good hours and very attactive salary, however don’t let that fool you.

A lot of the problems with company are self inflicted with contractors not turning up constantly or the work not being done correctly.

In my training, which was less than 2 days, it wasn’t long before xmas at the time and i was told that i was not welcome to attend my team’s xmas meal because i was from an agency, but everyone else was fine!? You really made me feel welcome.

I had a holiday booked between the 13th-20th December which i booked 2 months prior to starting here whilst at my old job and i had the annual leave approved, i was asked about any holiday in my interview and i gave the dates and assumed this was ok and they were aware of this. I inform them i am going away the week before my holiday and they said they were not aware of this. Considering the head of the department and a TL interviewed me in october.

I also had to deal with a serial complainer who wouldn’t take no for an answer and even was an admin on a facebook page slating the company, she was just unhappy with the outcome and all i did was reiterate what i was told, with one very small detail that was wrong regarding being stalked in a shopping centre. Did it make sense to give a new person the serial complainer who calls the neighbourhood officer 50 times in a week!?

I had a one to one with my tl after xmas i believe and aside from the holiday ‘not doing me any favours’ i accept the timing of the holiday was not ideal and
  more... had not helped me take things in and settle, but like i said this was already booked months ago, she also said that she wasn’t impressed i had not been using the notes provided, granted i was not but everything was new and unfamiliar so i would often ask colleagues for opnions on what to do and who to contact, i appreciate i was not using notes and i did have some extra training which was helpful but when you’re not sure of where to look to find the information when folders on the system are full of junk it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. So unless you know exactly where to look it’s not straight forward.

I was also in the process of moving house due to issues with our landlord and next door’s blaming each other regarding an ongoing leak, granted i accept I should have given the agency’s details in hindsight but in my haste to get everything in place ready to move i gave my tl’s contact details (which was exactly what i did back in april in my last job) i was quickly pulled to one side one day and told to not give out personal details, she seemed to overlook the fact that in the induction notes there is a list of names and mobile numbers of all the tl’s so that was how i got the number. Not out of thin air.

Then to top it all off i get a phone call from the agency ending my employment.. perfect timing two weeks before moving house. I lost £300 through referencing and i also worked here for less than 6 weeks in total.

So all in don’t even bother going to an interview you are probably wasting your time.
Pros
Big salary
Cons
Management, lack of teamwork, made me feel unwelcome