Clarion Housing Group

Clarion Housing Group Employee Reviews

After being out of work for a few months. My agency contacted regarding the above post. I had experience in repairs, the repairs system used by Clarion was high tech, but manageable after a while.
This is a great company to work for. I worked as agency staff and if the position was perminant I would have stayed. There is so much support for staff. Everything is well stocked managed and completed. Fair workload and fairly paid.
Pros
Cons
No perminant positions available
The hours during the cutting season are 7-5 but expect to be in 15 mins before that as they are rushing you out of the door at 7 am. You are on-site to the last possible minute of the day and you have to travel back in heavy rush hour for 430pm so you can help load up for the next day and you can only leave at 5pm The winter season is why people stay in this job, is because the hours are reduced from 50 to 30 hours a week, you have a seasonal day off which alternates each year. What I mean is by done wrongly is because the work is determined by weekly schedules, Some rounds have big sites and they expect the round done in a 10 day turn around regardless if you have 7 men or 4 men on a team. But due to the size and the workload that is not always possible plus the monthly team meetings that also put you behind but they never take that into consideration when seeing the schedules are falling behind by a day or 2 the blame is always placed on you. Also, the management can forget you have reported work that needs doing, during the winter I reported that work needed to be carried out on at least 3 housing estates only to be told they will be taken care by Feburay, To my knowledge only one estate, as finally been worked on after months of asking permission to do so. Timekeeping by management is conveniently forgotten about when they feel a job needs doing but is started at the wrong time of the day and no overtime is offered and you have to fight to get your time back. Also, the pay is annualized and if you do 4 week a month it's the same if you do a 5 week month - more...
Pros
Winter hours and people you work with on your team.
Cons
Long hours in the summer, no over time offered, increased work load over the lock-down period
Great management, lovely colleagues, great place to work, very relaxed not to formal, dress code relaxed depending on management - overall great place to work.
I would not recommend working at Clarion to my worst enemy. The targets are extremely unrealistic, managers do not care about your mental health and stats alone. However, it is a decent salary for the area it is based in.
Pros
Good salary & benefits
Cons
Stressful, toxic work environment with poor management
The offices are beautiful and central London based....accessible and disability friendly. It offers space for working in study rooms and in the main central office area which provides a balance work environment. It is open plan but quiet. Great. I like that. Senior Executive / Management looks after their staff well and the team works in a relaxed office basis, mobile and remote work basis - flexible hours worked and remote work very well for me. Probably can work on team performance / speed of work, and generally a very supportive, professional and ethical team. I did put in place a centre of programs, procurement and contracts management performance for the group - along with a refreshed strategy/policy/procurement and contracts framework... this will result in a more clear SLA and an improved sharpened high performance.
Pros
As above Free coffees and teas, a bonus in today's market and fantastic foods and amenities and transport near by, easy access central London based with London Bridge Station a few minutes walk away.
Cons
Probably I could have done with a longer term contract in my case, the job was successfully completed so contract was short
Bullying not dealt with , mental health issues of staff in a stressful job not taken seriously. Differences in management approaches show inconsistency in ways of treating staff
Pros
The managers are unprofessional and racist. The workplace is toxic and if they don’t like you they will set you up for failure, so you eventually get laid off. DO NOT WORK HERE ITS A VERY UNHEALTHY ENVIRONMENT.
Cons
Great culture, poor Management People are nice,like the break system. Targets not so great. Left there went to Origin housing which is more relaxed but far worse in buissness and i met 10 other x clation staff who left for similar reasons
No uniform provided For work Poor management poor communication Poor salary for the amount of work expected to do and Treated unfairly By management
Pros
Non
Cons
Lots
Working within the clarion housing group, i was subjected to victimisation, bullying, harassment. All TL and senior management are all very close to the point that they are dating people witnin the same dept.
Pros
Not bad pay
Cons
You won't be able to get out fast enough.
Good place to start a career in housing and lots of opportunities within the organization to explore (different teams and tasks) .I enjoyed friendly atmosphere and collaborative spirit.
The systems that clarion use either don’t work or work badly. They have an attitude of if it works in London then it works everywhere. In reality some of the areas are spread out you can travel up to 100 miles or more for 1 visit. Upper management give very little support and like to pass the buck further down the line. Inter department communication is very very poor.
Pros
Pay isn’t bad
Cons
Expected to go the extra mile with no thanks or support
By far Clarion Housing is the worst company I ever worked for the environment is so toxic and stressful. The managers and some officers are never willing to do the job. If you do however speak up you will be targeted and bullied so the best thing is to be quiet and sit in your desk. I hate to say this but I came across so many racist and ignorant people in this company.
Unflexible organisation, not allowed to do want you want in your breaks. They have a ridiculous smoking in a break policy that apparently can have staff disciplined. Unfair.
Basically, if you don't like being controlled, don't work here! They treat you like you are a school kid (time how long you are away from your desk, monitor who you are talking to and what you wear, etc). The management/Team Leaders of Customer Support are ridiculous and a few clearly don't want to be there or have no idea what they are doing. They don't care about their staff either. The working environment is very toxic and they aren't flexible either. Not a good job culture where there has been discrimination and inappropriate behaviour. It is also one rule for some and another rule for others. You are never rewarded for your hard work. Stay away!
I was not properly introduced to team and so didn't know who was on my team. I found it very isolated and unfriendly. I was not given tasks to do another than to research the company and complete courses for 4 days in a row. No clear progression in role. Would not recommend. Clearly management are not fully trained. Definitely felt like just a number.
I worked at Clarion Response. My experience was terrible. Clear favouritism, many team leaders lacked knowledge and skill, long hours and no support
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
High pressure environment, long hours, poor leadership and very pretentious management
nice place to work , very interesting place to work in .. people are very caring for each other and ready to support each other.. great opportunities for progression and great support from administration
All the working colleague are really nice, they are very friendly. All help each other if anyone need any help. Good working environment.Breaks and Lunch.
Pros
Free fruits, Tea and coffee.
Cons
Work pressure.
there is a very friendly work culture . I found co workers to be extremely helpful in developing new skills as they are very knowledgeable in their roles.