Clarins UK Ltd

Clarins UK Ltd Employee Reviews

United Kingdom93 reviews
Nice
Hard job at times, sometimes life and work is unbalanced. Support comes and goes. Training great. And constant. Always something to learn. High turn over
Well known brand and friendly environment
Clarins is number one luxury skincare brand in Europe, where I have been analysing financial data for retail and trade sales, reporting for Main Board, HR, Finance, Payroll, Purchase Ledger, Supply Chain, Sales and Marketing for more than five years. I am responsible for cost effective digital transformation, reporting system automation, data migration, modelling, checking data integrity and managing Data Analyst team.

People are very friendly, helpful and cooperative.
hard work
High expectations. Self motivation needed. Need to be able to create events inside and outside the work place. Excellent new start training. Ideally you need to be a trained therapist.
Toxic work Environment
Managers are young girls with no prior experience in a management position whom have no idea what they are doing and love to use bully tactics. Your Duties range from : Reception, Sales, treatments and cleaning... Your expected to get to work early to set up and normally you will leave late. Managers are usually no where to be seen during the day. Lunch breaks are an hour but you'll be lucky to get 40/45mins. Most of the time your so busy that you don't get a chance to go to the loo between clients. There isn't a staff area and no tea or coffee is provided, only water is allowed whilst on the premises. Your treated with no respect basically your just a number. There's no camaraderie between therapist and there's a lot of jealousy, I found most of the therapist to be quite two faced. The best part of the job was meeting all the lovely clients.
Pros
Training
Cons
Management, long hours, bulling
Best company
Such a good company to work for, good benefits and great support. The training is unbelievable and so interesting makes you have so much trust and faith in the brand
Loved working with the team I was with
I worked as a spa therapist. my manager was amazing and the girls were too. Its very hard but rewarding work in the spa. Treatments are amazing to give and receive.
No progression
Nice products and allocation but no progression or gratitude if you are doing a great job. The hours are awful and you have no life and they make it very difficult. Counter manager great but head office management are hardly ever around and not very supportive.
skin spa therapist
i have worked for clarins now for 2 years.

you get so many benefits.

great training.

pay isnt that great but the team is lovely.

honestly one of the best companies i have worked for.
Satisfactory
Easy company to work for.
Target based.

Commission based.

Family owned

Stressful with needs to meet targets.

Customer facing.

Good if you’re placed in a busy store but not if you’re in a quiet department store
Great Company
Lovely company to work for, the best products out there.
Very good training and allocation given to all employees.

Very fair management with lots of progression opportunities
Pros
Allocation, training, good salary, commission and bonus
Cons
Store hours (late nights)
Clarins employee
I do love working for clarins although because in a retail environment it is hard to have work/life balance with the unsociable retail opening hours!!
Loved it
Really enjoyed working for Clarins as Spa Manager, great company with excellent training, support and benefit. Left due to wanting to travel within a role
NIce people, good beneifits
Clarins is good to work for because of the benefits that come with it like allocations every 3 months, but that's about it. The work/life balance is a bit poor because the hours can change and you can end up working late.
Pros
allocations every 3 months
Cons
poor work/life balance, salary isn't quite enough to live on in my area
Best place in retail to work
I loved my time at Clarins. Duty of care to employees is amazing. Never been happier than working in this company. Trainers and Head office provide you with all the knowledge to allow you to manage and sell to the best of your ability ♥️
Amazing place to work
Supportive management, superb therapist training. Wonderful perks best spa, and treatments that are available in the industry. Constantly developing and always lots of career development within the brand. Would highly recommend Clarins as a long term career prospect.
What an amazing family Clarins is
From day one I instantly felt at home with Clarins. Right from the get go during my interview I felt valued, listened to and acknowledged. The interview gave an in-depth insight to exactly what the job role entailed. As part of the interview you get to go on to the shop floor and truly immerse your self with the environment that you would be working in. You are asked to engage on the shop floor with a Clarins product- in my case I found this great practice, fun and a fab opportunity to show off my abilities, personality and action what I was about rather than just speaking words- like in so many other job interviews.
The area manager was lovely and instantly made me feel comfortable and at ease. From there on I couldn't have been any more certain that I wanted to be apart of the Clarins family.

The training Clarins offer is the best I have known, and from being in the cosmetic industry for 5 years I have grown to be aware it is the BEST! From the initial training were they send you to London / Manchester, Head office and provide you with all the product knowledge you need to know, to the year on year training at conference to discover all the upcoming and latest products, to the daily development you get from such great learning platforms and higher management around you. Therapists get to work in amazing tranquil spas that have the most iconic, signature treatments, providing results and considering the clients wellbeing. They receive ample amounts of training to enable them to carry out each Clarins treatment to the highest level - Honestly a company that's is totally
 - more...
Excellent Company
Excellent company to work for, fabulous allocation, training and career progression.
Exciting and forward thinking.

The best products to work with, number 1 Skincare brand in the UK, for very good reasons.
Work like a slave
If your applying to be a therapist- don’t your worked like a slave and with hardly any breaks my manager would only block out one hour all day for lunch but in that time also want the rooms cleaned etc ready for another body on the bed
So you get at best 45mins lunch the whole day after upto 6hrs of non stop massage.

I was also once made to work 8 days in a cow PHYSICALL FULLY BOOKED MASSAGES and nobody cared. Their HE is also trash
Hard Work
Great company in all but lots of work for very little in return. If you are happy to be worked until your fingers snap off with the level of massage then brilliant. The managers swan off whenever they like and don’t give the support that you need unless you are not hitting targets, which is all they are interested in. The Area Manager was less than helpful and couldn’t care less about you as a ‘valued’ member of the team!!
Bad management
Management use bully tackics, no help from management and interview process is the worst takes months and its very patronising. Training amazing but the worst place I've ever worked would not recommend.
Awful
Awful place to work - atmosphere & target culture was unmanageable - area manager had clear favourites and would encourage nasty behaviour and increase gossip
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Clarins UK Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.