Claranet

Claranet Employee Reviews

United Kingdom11 reviews
Great company. lovely people. has somewhat of a small company outlook. Would recommend additional processes at key failure points, product catalogue and marketing.
Great company would Rex one time people to work here as it has great employees who all work for maximum customer satisfaction to optimise their performance
The shift engineer role is in a fast paced environment where you are responding to alerts, taking calls and troubleshooting incidents so that they can be resolved. I gained some good exposure to routing and switching. I had to leave for personal medical reasons but I have to say the HR staff dealt with me fairly when trying to figure out the problem.
Team very friendly, always willing to help. Working hours are great with a good life work balance. Management very supportive. Can be a bit to quiet at times
Pros
Free fruit
Great place to work with some extremely knowledgeable people, brilliant working environment and culture. The organisation does some really cool things as a technology company and I was proud to work there. I learnt a lot there almost everyday. Only left as I stopped getting along with the manager who always felt the need to micro-manage me.
Pros
Free lunches
The team itself are a great bunch however a lack of management of processes between legacy and new create an environment where you're stuck in the middle. When something goes wrong whatever process you followed you get the blame.
Disappointed to see such a poor environment inside a company I viewed so differently before working there.
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Blame culture and no support
Departments too isolated from each other & not enough teamwork.
Strategy not conveyed to those meant to be implementing it.

Some very good hardworking people, but others that don't seem to care.
Pros
Free fruit every day
Cons
Culture, poor managemnet
great place, busy and always things to do.
managers are supportive and lots of project work to get your hands on.

A great place to learn and develop.
Good working culture within staff despite poor management at senior levels. Unlikely to be rewarded for positive contribution.
Great Direction and teams made up of a number of hard working individuals that always get the job done
Pros
lotsof technical exposure
Cons
salery was never the best
The day typically started at 9 with requests coming from Sales Executives for technical approval of small individual customer requirements. Work also proceeded on larger bids with customer meetings, bid responses and internal technical approval all required. I was also involved in learning VMWare with respect to the launch of the Claranet Cloud project and testing out the customers experience of building VM instances and protecting with a VM firewall instance. I also was part of the 3rd place team that developed a promotional video for the Claranet Cloud programme. I worked with Marketing, Product Development and Project Managers.
Pros
good team atmosphere, lots of local restaurants
Cons
9-6 not too good for long commutes