Claire's
Information from Claire's:

Claire's Employee Reviews

United Kingdom389 reviews
fun job
fun job nice team . ear piercing training given in shop
excellent customer care

would recommend this job to any one that likes a faced paced fashion retail outlet
Rubbish
Very overpriced stuff. Horrible place to work. Ear piercing costs around £30 but the gold earrings cost about .60p to make...complete rip off. You are better than this job!!
Pros
Cons
Very poor salary, fake colleagues
Very poor pay.
Sadly the only thing I can honestly say is the pay is not great. The company are brilliant to work for, I loved every min of it. Just a sad shame I had to leave after only just over a month with them as I had to care for my dad. If the money was better then I would jump at the chance to go back.
Fun workplace
This was a great first job to have, the staff were friendly and kind, the hours were flexible and the overall experience was great, i also got training on the job was good
Okay
No communication between team and managers. No expectations were set on first day in role. Felt hard to understand the business and their own goals and kpi.
Just don’t.
Absolutely hated it, quit after two months. Expected to do everything perfectly even with no proper training; my ear piercing training kept getting put off and I was practically in tears when I finally did do the training as my colleague was so snarky and rude about what I was doing, especially about me asking questions. Never saw the manager even though there was only three of us employed in the shop, which lead to us being overworked. Wasn’t uncommon for my colleague to go two weeks in a row of work, similar for me. My shifts would get cancelled the day of due to me not being a trained piercer even though I wasn’t getting any sufficient help or training from staff. Was rota’d in when I was away on holiday (which they were told about in my interview) then became my fault for not showing up for a shift. Absolute joke of a company! Doesn’t surprise me that since leaving last year there has been almost constant advertisements for job positions in the particular store I worked in. Do not work here for the sake of your mental health!
awful place
management was awful, they told me they was extending my contract but lied about it behind my back, and they never did. They kept a younger person on who couldn't possibly do the shifts instead I felt It was more important that I stayed on. When you first start they chuck you on the tills without full training. Money is horrendous. Overall I would never work here.
Poor
As a first job, this is the best place to be. But they take advantage of the fact it’s your first job, they make you do all sorts. I wouldn’t recommend. My time there was awful.
Shocking
The whole company is an absolute joke. Expects you to work for practicality nothing. Managers also very condescending and rude to staff members especially when you go off sick. Key holders also think they’re job role is higher than it actually is and boss staff the same level as them about.
Worse place ever for your mental health as well as home life, don’t get weekends off
Don't work here
Very stressful put far too much in you for the min wage you get paid .very high staff turnover and bad management .training is done far too quickly especially for ear piercing .
Horrible experiance!
Was ok at first, then new management (area and district managers) ruined everything! 3 years working with stress, mental abuse and disrespect! With my knowledge I could be store manager but they decided to employ some one else which I have to do training into! When I told them that wasn't fair they told me was not vacancies! When I told them that I won't train anymore people they start gove me hard time!
Productive and good workplace
Great place to learn new skills. I learned how to use Microsoft office, especially Microsoft excel.
Fantastic co-workers and helpful management.

Competitive salary.
Its a ever changing retail environment and is fast paced but progression is slow within the company
Claire's is a comfortable environment but can get stressful and busy at certain events within the year e.g black Friday and Christmas where your efforts are required more but it is hard for your efforts to be seen up higher in the ladder of the company and for the push of progression is hard and as the retail sector is in a difficult time progression and expansion is very limited so opportunity are limited.
Dual Site Manager
I worked for Claires for nearly 2 years. When I first started I found there was hardly any management training. I was placed in a store for 2 weeks. Was show day to day running but nothing about managing the company. I was also used to the brink. When another manager moved to another store I had to cover 2 stores. Dispite being told this was temporary i was there for nearly a year. Working the jobs of 2 people. The pay is awful and alot of the managers are all paid differently. They will also pay no redundancy pay. The staff turn over is very high due to the area managers and hr and payroll being a mess. I saw my manager 1 all year. Working as a key holder with no responsibility would be fine but dont go into management. They will also leave health and safety issues to just get worse. My store had a leaking ceiling that had hazardous waste leaking in on top of us. They just kept plastering over the  hole and never fixed it. They also left toxic mold in the bathroom for years. The upper management and head office dont care at all for there staff. Dont work for this dreadful company.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Upper management and treatment of staff
Love my job!!
Every day is different, exciting, fast, fulfilling. I love working as a Store Manager here. Yes it's hard work as we get very busy but we get to dress up, put the products on to showcase and make young children (and older children) very happy!!
Nasty/Catty Behaviour and Stressful
Nasty/ Catty environment, no support from management and no recognition for good/flexible work. not worth the salary for the overload of work given to staff.
Pros
discount
Cons
long hours, high volume work load, expected to go above and beyond but not recognised for it, no support from management
Horrible
the only reason I stayed so long is that the pay was good for the hours I was working and occasionally I'd get to work with my friend who was the only person who wasn't two-faced. Management is horrendous, my boss was horrible to work I even asked the others working there and they agreed, a lot of shifts were lone trading sometimes I ended up doing 9 hours on my own because someone else was late, thankfully I had to leave after 4 months because of university overseas.
Very bad company!!
Not a good company to work for. You are left alone most days Lone trading. The pay is terrible for what they expect from you. I left as was so stressed out in the end.
They take liberty’s if you let them.
Lot of work no pay
You have too many tasks to complete before going home, with no paid overtime. Only 20 minute breaks for 8 hour shifts and often working on the shop floor alone.
fun
was fun to use lots of glitter but I must admit not a lot of support for individuals unless you're doing well. I got fired for making an error, yes it was big but reflective to my work ethic beforehand it was a little overbaord
Horrible
Worst company to work for. Poor pay, poor management throughout, forced to work for free lone trading 90% of the time, very clicky the list is endless!