Civica Employee Reviews

Not a great company to work for
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire3 September 2018
Not great workplace culture, minimal opportunities for progression. There is a big blame culture and fear of losing your job. you may feel you are working towards a higher role, but actually, youre not.
Pros
Cons
massive blame culture
A great company to work for, a real people company
Field Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Slough, Berkshire13 January 2017
Valued it's employees I enjoyed the social side of the company.
I was a field service department manager which was not easy at times but was satisfying and I did enjoy the work.
Pros
Social events, good wages and benifits
Cons
None it was a good compay to work for.
Good Company culture
Network Engineer / Solutions Architect (Current Employee) –  London9 December 2016
Successfuly completed project and achieved the company strategic plan by utilising my skills, knowledge and experience. A challenging environment which motivated me to excel in my efforts to help achieve the company goal and direction. Contributed above expectations whilst learning new skills
Productive and fun workplace
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Manchester28 September 2016
Great approach to work life balance. Feel very included with this company with regular updates and communication from senior management. Salaries and benefits very good and colleague relationships and moral always above standard.
Good company, bad line manager
Foxpro developer (Former Employee) –  Dudley28 February 2016
Having been offered a position elsewhere that approached me rather than me approaching them I reported this to my line manager with the increased salary I was being offered to tempt me to leave. I was told that he would match or at least come close to that offer if I stayed. I elected to stay and my salary remained unchanged. This created some trust issues for me.
fun general office
Data/order entry Administrator (Former Employee) –  putney25 October 2015
great place to learn data entry and general office duties.

fun people to work with and great location to work that is close to underground and overground train stations.

work wasn't too stressfull but could be repetative.
Pros
9-5 mon to friday - great people to work with
Cons
repetative work
hardwork but supportive team
CIVICA FIELD SUPPORT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Lambeth, ENG20 August 2015
A busy but interesting place to work. I always felt supported by my manager and co-workers. Hardest part of the Job was managing multiple work streams whilst being mobile. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to resolve problems remotely.
Pros
Paid expenses
Cons
Workload
Very Predictive working enviroment
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burntwood, ENG7 April 2015
A typical day at CIVICA required me to send and received emails using Microsoft Outlook; organised meetings; provided basic software to teachers; basic IT audit (including servers and desktop work stations); carried out network audits to implement clients infrastructure; interviewed potential staff; travelled to various sites (eg.Norwich County Council) to meet clients and discuss their requirements; monitored and responded to help desk; re-imaged desktop and laptop computers using SCCM (System Centre Configuration Manager).
Excellent team and HR focus
Digital Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG11 February 2015
Outstanding company to work for, puts the employee first and invests in their progression. Good management and HR with a common sense work ethos
A good team with good management.
Network Operation Engineer (Former Employee) –  London, UK25 December 2014
This was a good role. Civica gave me goals and support to achieve them. Colleagues were good. There were opportunities to do social things.Working hours were staggered to cover a longer supporting day for our customers, which worked out good, were able to achieve some personal errands without having to run around during a lunch hour.
Compensations were also good.
Overall a good company and environment to work for.
A fun place to work
Council Tax Officer (Current Employee) –  Worcestershire9 November 2014
Civica is a very professional pace to work a productive, well managed and a lively place too. Friendly staff all around.
Pros
Situated in the middle of nowhere
Cons
Very lively atmosphare
Growing Pensions Division
Senior QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Leeds, ENG14 June 2014
Civica is a growing company and the Pensions dicision is currently transitioning through a large growth in client and employment growth. This makes the day challenging but an enjoyable experience.
Corporate hard working environment
Credit Manager (Former Employee) –  Putney17 April 2014
Great place to work with a good team environment were hard work is adopted.
management are rsponsive and exercise an open door policy the hardest part can sometimes be working with institutionalised processes that do not move as fast as the business itself. That said everyone works well to compliment one another and there is a willingness from all to address and resolve a problem.
Privilege to have been part of a growing group of companies
Pros
Free Tea & Coffee and treats for Easter/Xmas
Cons
Alternate days have different hours
Good company to work for
Digital Marketing Executive (Former Employee) –  Leeds, ENG13 January 2014
Good company to work for, but made me redundant after a year.

Good salary, good benefits, good holidays.

Flexible working hours.
Pros
Good work-life balance
The Every Day Routine At Work
Receptionist/Telephonist (Current Employee) –  Leeds14 August 2013
A typical day at work: Starting work at 8.30am, but get into work for 7.45am to ensure that all meeting rooms are ready for the meetings ahead. Then have breakfast before 8.30am to get through the hectic day. Check answering machine/voice mail, turn switch board on, answer calls, greet clients, checking emails for: Meeting room request, ordering mobile phones, booking flights, booking car hire, hotel bookings etc. Bookings lunch request and setting up lunch, Making tea and coffee.
I have learned that you can have a SIM card in your car and in your phone and apply it with the same mobile phone so when you are in your car you switch your phone off and your calls will ring on the SIM card in your car.(like blue tooth hands free kit for the car)
The hardest part of the job is when my colleague is on holiday and I cover all the task on my own.
I am very good at managing my time and the task that are given to me.
I am very open and approachable with my co-workers, I always take the time to ask them if they had a nice weekend.
The most enjoyable part of my job are all my task.
Pros
Pension scheme Sainsbury's voucher at Christmas
great team spirit
Customer Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Luton5 March 2013
Review incoming support calls looking for high category incidents in particular . Check all calls to see those in danger of going out of SLA . Make sure daily processing of enquiries to DVLA was OK and that relevant data was forwarded to Customers .
My co-workers had mostly been there longer than me and their commitment to their roles and understanding of their individual responsibilities was excellent .
The hardest part of the job was having to apologise on behalf of Civica for the failings of other departments .
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people in the Luton office , not just in my team , but in all the other business units .
Pros
car allowance and fuel card
Cons
new product failed to take over successfully from the old product, hence redundancies .