Civica Group Ltd

Civica Group Ltd Employee Reviews

Featured review
Civica Group Ltd selected this as a representative review
Great place to progress for graduates
Implementation Consultant Civica (Former Employee) –  Bristol15 January 2020
Great workplace with a great ethos of working hard and playing hard. Great for any graduate. Team work is essential and they will push you far. 10/10.
Great people, lovely atmosphere
Marketing Executive (Current Employee) –  Bristol23 January 2020
I joined Civica just over a year ago having previously had not heard of the company. I think mainly because this is my first job in the tech industry and Civica are a B2B company.

What a fantastic place to work. Lovely people, really refreshing atmosphere. Culture of teamwork and results, everyone pulls together. When people visit from other offices you can tell there's a genuine friendship between so many of our colleagues.

I've really enjoyed my work. No micro-management, i've been given the opportunity to own certain tasks and when i get results it's noticed.

I can't speak highly enough.
Pros
People, culture, management, flexi-working
Cons
Nothing stands out
Good Career Prospects If You Work Hard
Senior Management Role (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 December 2019
A fast expanding ambitious company, which continues to grow at a rapid rate. The opportunities are there if you work hard and put the effort in!!!!!!
Pros
Decent package
Cons
Work life balance can be a challenge at times
Cut throat workplace
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dudley, West Midlands25 November 2019
Nobody is safe, turnover record amounts year on year but always cuts and jobs being lost.

Lost the people factor, turned into a machine based company where the numbers are more important.
Good place, fair salary
Te (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 November 2019
CIVICA is a good place to work, fair pay, flexible hours. Very nice to work with. As a field research, you are not guaranteed work however, so projects can end unexpectedly.
Large corporate culture
MD Housing Business unit (Former Employee) –  Home Based21 November 2019
Civica has a large corporate culture and is very results driven as a business. Extensive use is made of Skype for business and other IT systems. Extensive training is given.
Great Culture
Telecoms Manager (Current Employee) –  Leeds18 October 2019
My time at Civica has been enjoyable and the people are fantastic.

I have learnt new skills and have relished in the opportunity to engage with direct and indirect customers to delivery better solutions
Great company to work for
Director (Current Employee) –  London3 October 2019
Ever expanding company with a great culture and a commitment to staff having a good work life balance. Progression in the company is possible and good training is provided.
Pros
Staff training
hard work but honest
Specialist Advisor (Current Employee) –  Kent1 October 2019
They are strict but fair! They implement break times and strict management however if you do your work as you should then they are keen to give praise. They also provide fresh fruit weekly and tea and coffee!
Overall
Director (Former Employee) –  Midlands1 October 2019
Typical organisation that has grown by acquisition. Lots of parts trying to running semi-autonomously with their own ways of doing things. Some weak managers.
Good place to work but does not give training
trainee developer (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire24 September 2019
Civica is a friendly and good place to work, looks after its employees. however does not provide training when required, asked for months for training only to be made redundant.
My experience was not a good one
Senior .NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Leeds8 September 2019
The department I was hired into collapsed mere weeks after I started! I've generally heard good things about the company, but my experience was fairly catastrophic as a result. Obviously there's almost nothing positive about the culture of a collapsing part of a business. It was fairly unfortunate that the denialism was occurring right up until the last hour, and that people who had just come upstairs from their induction were being told they had to leave the premises.
Productive and great work
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Home Based1 September 2019
- Very friendly staff
- Challenging yet rewarding work
- Great work/family balance
- Plenty of internal opportunities
- Management are very approachable and willing to help
excellent place for work experience
Software tester (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire9 August 2019
This was my first experience of an office based job and I found the people to be very helpful and the work interesting. I worked in quality assurance and learnt a lot about testing sottware while I was there.
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Bristol29 July 2019
Good work environment, flexible working and company policies are fair.
Nice working conditions, team support and awareness could be worked on, as well as support of progression.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Woking, Surrey21 May 2019
It had a good work-life balance and culture. You were given the opportunity for professional development including courses that you were sent on. People were generally friendly and easy to get on with and management was good.
Unfair
Call Centre Advisor (Former Employee) –  Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire7 March 2019
I was sacked from this company with no prior warning what so ever. I received a call the day I was fired from someone who is a known nuisance caller and once the call was terminated I put myself in Break and took 5 minutes to myself as I had let him get to me slightly but I was assured by a senior advisor that this was ok and there was no issue surrounding what happened. Then once I finished my shift that day at 5pm I got a call saying I was fired and when I asked why I got told it was because I had a "panic attack". I did not have a panic attack, I got upset after being verbally abused, composed myself and carried on with the day. I didn't let it affect any of my other calls. They tried to make it seem worse than what it was as they know I have mental health issues; Depression and Anxiety. I think they had it out for me once learning that information and I felt as if everyone was watching and waiting for me to get upset on a call so they could bin me off before giving me a real chance. Out of the 5 people in my training group, one quit on the first day, I was sacked in less than a month and the other three left have all shared with me their issues with the roll. So before you take up a job with them be aware of the terrible training, the lack of structure and everything else that is wrong with this company.
Pros
Cons
The job as a whole.
Membership Engagement Services is dynamic
Project Manager & Training Lead (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London11 February 2019
Lots of opportunity to expand your role and make and learn from your own mistakes. The leadership trust the people that work for them and know how to get the best out of them.
Pros
Strong leadership
Cons
N/a
Not a great company to work for
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire3 September 2018
Not great workplace culture, minimal opportunities for progression. There is a big blame culture and fear of losing your job. you may feel you are working towards a higher role, but actually, youre not.
Pros
Cons
massive blame culture
I was under apretiated
Technical services support technician (Former Employee) –  Sandford3 June 2018
I was in an office and the people around me would pretend to be my friend behind my back would gossip about me. The company overall was ok i just didn't enjoy working in the enviroment. The job put me off of future it jobs
Great company to work for.
Education Service Delivery Director (Current Employee) –  Home Based13 August 2017
Strong track record of year on year growth via complimentary acquisitions and organic growth. Investors in People gold accredited with good people orientated ethos.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Civica Group Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

Civica Group Ltd Reviews by Location