CitySprint Employee Reviews

Terrible
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Glasgow19 April 2019
Was promised when i started i would earn £400-£600 per week. There was jam tomorrow of a Wickes contract which would pay £150 per week.
After driving 60 mile round trips which worked out at 45p per mile for a large Jumbo Transit van i started rejecting jobs.
Then the big money at Wickes was offered! Drive 30 miles to Wickes Stirling for free , earn mileage to drops (not back again to the store), which equates to 45p per mile+ £10 for each of 3 deliverys. Then drive back to Glasgow for free again. (So a 60 mile round trip at my expense). Had i been stupid enough to say yes my van would have worked for diesel, while i myself worked for free.
Avoid this company like the plague! They are charlatans trying to con you into work which amounts to slavery.
Pros
Cons
Working to all intents and purposes doing their deliveries for free.
Your pretty much tour own boss.
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  London16 April 2019
.Always problems with the city sprint app
.Difficulty with parking on some jobs, sometimes resulting in tickets that city sprint won't always pay.
.At times, the controllers communication is poor with you being the driver i.e cancelling jobs whilst your on your way and not telling you beforehand.
.Some controllers are very polite, some are very rude.
.best to start early to (10am the latest) to make a decent amount for the day.
.some days there isn't much work, other days are really busy.
The best navigation app to use, is Waze. It avoids traffic and helps with getting jobs done faster.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Traffic
Leeds
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire25 March 2019
Don’t entertain these idiots!

The ones on control only look after their favourite drivers and everyone else gets all the rubbish

A day full of doing £2.50 jobs don’t pay the bills

Management don’t care and fill you full of false promises

They refused to give me anymore work because I didn’t do a £0.00 job

Bunch of robbing dogs
Pros
Other drivers great
Alright, but ONLY IF YOU CAN GET SPECIAL WORK. If not, avoid like the plague
driver (Current Employee) –  south22 March 2019
Have worked for citysprint for almost 10 years now, doing special contract work and therefore thankfully dont have to go into the office every morning to beg for jobs (that pay less than minimum wage after costs and van maintenance are accounted for)

Luckily i am on good terms with my area manager , because any issues with being underpaid (which happens all too often) are resolved reasonably quickly once i make an irate phonecall.

The handheld satnav/PDA thing you receive the jobs on costs over a thousand pounds a year to rent from them, they insist you have a van under 5 years old (doing 160k miles a year so its useless after 3 years) and they are all too happy to try and give your jobs to foreign-born workers who take the jobs on at a loss.. Its only when these stand-in drivers get it hideously wrong and mess up that they come crawling back offering you the same job back again.

The only way to profit in this job is to find a long term hire van company and try and talk yourself into getting a good rate. BUYING YOUR OWN VAN IS A FALSE ECONOMY, YOU WILL NOT MAKE THE PURCHASE PRICE BACK BEFORE IT HAS TO BE SCRAPPED!

Currently working roughly 13 hours per day which is, strictly speaking, illegal. When notified about this they suggested cutting my daily round in half which would mean im actually at a net loss.

If i had to go in to beg for jobs every morning, i wouldnt have lasted a month. Utterly disgraceful way of treating the drivers who arent assigned to special standalone contracts.

They have also recently had a lengthy court battle, paying top lawyers thousands
  more... of £ to try and get out of treating the drivers as actual employees so they dont have to provide the benefits normal employment brings (holiday pay etc). This company is a joke at best, and its simply robbing money from the drivers using shady business practices at its worst. Avoid.  less
Pros
Get to see a lot of the countryside
Cons
Hours, pay, lack of guaranteed work for normal drivers
Don’t even waste your time and effort
Transit Courier (Former Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex21 March 2019
You will be working at a LOSS!
Avoid and don’t even waste your time.
By the time you’ve paid out your expenses ie. van costs
insurance, fuel, wear and tear etc you will earn more by staying at home!
Pros
Absolutely none
CitySprint (Leeds)
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West Yorkshire14 March 2019
This place is a complete joke, those on control are very rude and treat majority of the drivers like dirt.

They offer you high paid jobs then take them off you, saying they have been cancelled but you find out the job has been given to other drivers.

They only call you as a last resort for such jobs as Topps Tiles and then lie about what you are picking up, I was told it was 5 boxes of tiles but when I arrived it was over 30 boxes each waying over 20kg.

I reported this to control and they said I would get extra pay but got nothing extra.

If you decline a job because its low pay they keep sending the jo to you until you accept it.

Some customers keep you waiting and you log this, then CitySprint refuse to pay your waiting time.

Your always pestered by Ryan (who canstantly tells lies to you) to do the out of hours but you dont get any extra pay for this.

This has got to be the worst Courier Employer in Yorkshire!

Thank god I have left.
Pros
Cons
Avoid this employer
Don’t waste you’re time
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City12 March 2019
Management is a joke , treated and spoken too like dirt made to feel like you’re doing the job wrong , constantly worrying about you’re job security the wages are pathetic and works out 2.50 an hour after deductions are made
Pros
Other drivers are great to get on with
Cons
Everything bar meeting new people
Worst company I worked for
Courier/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Oxford, Oxfordshire28 February 2019
Before I started my manager was very friendly and giving it the all sweet things and how good the earnings are but when I started they started paying pennies for jobs sending you out 100+ miles out. 1 example: they paid me 50p a mile but said 70p at the initial meeting. So if your doing 100 miles that's £50, Then you have to come back home as there's no guarantee they will find you a job on the way back. You might have a 5% chance. So now you've got £50 and done 200 miles once back home and it took you 4/5 hours as you have to wait around to pick and deliver parcels. Minus the £30 fuel and your left with £20. Devide £20 by 4 hours and you get £5 p/hour but if you have food and take out the wear and tear of your van and you'll go in minus. This is 100% the worst company I worked for in terms of payment and then you have the manager lying to you about things to make you feel better. Sometimes they try to scam you by saying the place A is 50 miles away from place B but when you check on your sat Nav it's like 60 miles and then when you tell the office they say they'll update the system but when you look at your invoice end of the week it's not been added. Also they might send you to pick up a parcel which is around 15+ miles away from you but won't pay you to get there. I rather go on the Jobseeker's Allowance than work for this company. The only reason why I am giving them a 1 star is because that's the minimum I can choose otherwise I'd give them a -5 (minus 5).
And you have to work silly hours. This job is for you if your a zombie. I was out after 3 weeks
Pros
You get to travel different destinations
Cons
Calculates to £2.50 p/hour after taking out all the expenses.
after a few weeks can't wait to leave.
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Midland17 February 2019
Only been at City sprint a few weeks and it's the worst company I have ever worked for. On the interview they made it sound so good, all the work I can have any hour's I want to work, as much money as I want to make. IT'S ALL BULL!!!!!

On the phone they give you they send the job and how much you will get, You then have to accept or decline it, If you get a job say for £5.60 and you decline it they will keep sending you it over and over again till you end up loosing the days work for not doing it. all the jobs are like £6.80 or £10.00 the odd one is £160 but you then get no back load like they make out you will.

If you start, DON'T do topps tiles jobs each job is £16.00 BUT you mite get a tonne of tiles (about 50 boxes) you have to unload them yourself and put them where they want them a lot of hard work for poor pay.

The office staff slag all the drivers off when your in the office you can here it all. they want me to go 30 miles to pick up a job to drive 6 miles for £10.00 NO THANK YOU!!!!
Pros
Cons
poor money, bad office staff, poor managment.
ok
Customer Engagement Manager - North (Current Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands5 February 2019
Lots of opportunity to progress and improve yourself. Lots of additional work required, great people and a great can do attitude

Lots of knowledgable staff
Poor
Courier (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen30 January 2019
The pay structure is very poor you can work 50 hours a week and still not earn enough to live you are expected to drive for long hours with little break
Pros
Cons
Over worked under paid
Worst company I have ever worked for
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Midlands12 January 2019
The management team in every Service Centre are useless. Nobody knows what they are doing. The drivers get treated like rubbish and so do the staff at lower levels
I was not sacked from here - this is not coming from a place of bitterness. This is coming from a place of concern for people who apply in the future.
Just dont do it.
Pros
The pay isnt awful
Cons
Management are useless, The hours are long, Nobody listens to you, Youre treated like dirt, It literally sucks out happiness from your soul
Not as good as they make out
Driver (Former Employee) –  South11 January 2019
I have worked for city sprint for over 2 years . I like working for them and they pay you after a two week period . I pay £20 a week for a Samsung job machine which my work comes in WHICH IS A RIP OFF off as this cost me £1040.00 a year Out of my pay .
BUT there are SERIOUS ISSUES with the way they tell you how much you can earn and how much you make. My start time is 0700 and I normally book on at that time My staff office is very friendly They tell you there is a job and it sometimes looks good on paper but when you work out the mileage and the TIME it is not worth doing. I hate turning work down but I have to as it works out AT LESS THAN MINIMUM PAY .
I have seen my office trying to recruit more transit drivers YET they don't give the transit drivers that have been loyal to them the work
Transit and large van drivers need a proper rate of pay for the vehicle they are driving NOT THE JOB THEY ARE ON . ie. If you send a transit on a van job pay a transit rate, Not small van
Some weeks I get very little work because I have to turn down small van jobs as it cost me more to do the work in fuel and time.
I have managed to get a couple of clients myself and they say when they have used city sprint the driver always complain about how little they get paid for that job.
Yes city sprint can be good
But when you turn jobs down I am sure they put you on the back of the list as a punishment CITY SPRINT YOU A BIG COMPANY " BUT LOOK AFTER YOUR DRIVING STAFF". WE HAVE FAMILYS AND BILLS TO PAY INCLUDING MAINTAINING OUR VEHICLES WHICH ARE REPRESENTING YOUR
  more... COMPANY
Otherwise more drivers will leave and start getting your work
I wish they would be more honest with the drivers
Pros
payment on time Nice office staff
Cons
Not enough pay for vehicle, tracker costing to much
Avoid where possible
Self Employed Pharmaceutical Courier (Current Employee) –  West Midlands20 December 2018
Long hours reality earning after their cuts £7.15ph start 5am finish 7:30pm - 8pm Monday to Friday Saturday half day 5am to 10am. If you thinking about job advancment then you stand a better chance standing in the dole que which does advance ........ eventualy.
Pros
Cons
very, very long hard hours
It is ok,no problems
Courier driver (Current Employee) –  Southampton, UK19 December 2018
it is up to you if you want you can work whole day if not you can do half day or part time you choose. You work as a courier from 7 am till late when you finish
Vey good place but management not good at all
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Leicester12 December 2018
It's a top company for deliveries and it's got lovely friendly team of drivers but the people behind the desk especially the controllers they spoil it for citysprint they make citysprint name bad and that's not fair on citysprint and the director or the person in charge should know this, am implying this on the midlands team especially the night team, the way I got treated by controllers was very selfish and rude and it made me feel really upset it demotivated from working life, I know controllers who do favours for their favourite drivers is that fair we letting them know our availability for work we are available, and still controllers are cheating and playing games is that how we work is that justice no that's is not fair at all that is not professional, people like this should get sacked they should be removed from this company, we do all the hard work we put a smile on our face, and when the time comes to give out jobs they blatenly cheat, is cheating good to the business I ask???, am not happy at all I loved citysprint I was so proud of my citysprint but it really demotivated me after what I have witnessed that is not fair on us fellow drivers imagine getting chosen over your colleagues, am deciding to leave now because am not happy the way I got treated and all I can say is they just going to lose a good courier driver who really devoted there life to this company it's just sad because never thought I would be saying this i just hope this review can make a difference.
Cons
Avoid , avoid , avoid !!!
Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol6 December 2018
Worst place i ever worked!!!! In my last day of there i shoud take 140£ but they pay me whit 112£ , after 11 houres on roads and after i done 220 miles in that day.
Salary is around 17-18k per year as self employed, so from those money you need to pay for insurance, full , taxes, and to repair your van as well.
Pros
Cons
10-12 hours per day
Stayvaway
Driver former (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh, City of Edinburgh5 December 2018
Being a driver/courier for 16 years before I joined citysprint . I only joined because the company I was working for folded so it was desperate. First month and a bit was ok good work but then the work dries up to 3 jobs in the city center.
As other reviews say jobs are very low pay for example a job to Glasgow with cs is 20£ but with a other firm it is 35£. Plus they are making money on you ie. Charging customer 80£ but only paying you 10£ for lifting 35kg x 50 boxes tiles up 3 flights of stairs

They say you can make up to 1000 pwbut that's a lie(get to that later on.) You only make on average 650 then van hire fuel taxes to come of before bills to pay you better off on file as you are left negative. Plus they blackmail you to get sign on your own van what you need to pay them for the privilege for. Surely this is advertising so they should pay you. You need to pay them for wearing there uniform and that.

You do them favours but don't expect one in return eh. The controller is if you are going to be late by couple minutes to your job he is on your back but they don't take in traffic or anything else like accident on the road you need to take. God forgive if you need to query a job as his attitude is stinking.
The other controller would rather spend most time in warehouse.
On to them lie to you. They would phone you wonder what time you are going to be at a job because as said above the roads can change they then say customer is going of his nut and go through you like a ton of bricks so when you get to the customer he tells you a different version. Luckily I
  more... know the customer well so I know who to believe. change delivery times like delivery has to be at say 1800 but then change it to 1530 then it is your fault for missing that delivery.

Plus god forgive a damaged product what is not your fault but it is your fault no matter.

Like others said work when you want they said but what a lie you are told it's between 8-6 no fail. But you get a job to take a box to Inverness at 5 meaning you won't be back home till 1 then you get a job at 7am pick-up
Then when you tell them your leaving you need to pay them a leaving fee

All in all they don't care about you.
Cons
Multi drop driver manchester city sprint
Multi Drop Driver (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester17 November 2018
One of the worst company to work in my entire carrier .silly fares prices 35 miles journey give u only 10£ .
They deduct money from your wages I had driven for 6 hours i got paid 16 pounds for 90 miles trip.juat stay away from them.
Pros
Noje
Cons
Unpaid hours wrong trip pricing
Absolutely disgusting (Driver Reading Berkshire)
Self Employed Courier (Current Employee) –  Reading, Berkshire5 November 2018
I can actually honestly say do not work for this company at all.

Favourite Drivers get all the work.
I am still awaiting a job and it’s 1400 in the afternoon.
No work for me today then. That means no pay.

They seem to think they are a leading sameday service but truth is all the customers are going eslewhere.

They tell you you can work anytime but if you say no to certain jobs don’t expect anything at all.

Avoid this at all costs.
Pros
Cons
Company is horrendous

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CitySprint. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8