CitySprint

CitySprint Employee Reviews

United Kingdom158 reviews
This is a difficult job, as the pharmacist look down their nose at Courier Drivers....Expect you to work later, if the work doesn't fit into the hours of booking...They complain behind your back to manager's instead of chatting with you.
Managers believe Chemist staff and customers above the Courier Driver and if there are a couple of unreasonable complaints....They're quick to get rid of you.
Pros
Hours to suit
Cons
Lack of support from Chemist staff and Managers & staff
They want you to drive for 45p a mile with no pay for return journey,, You will not even be in a position to pay you van finance or insurance... let alone make a wage..
A job where you can earn a good salary if you are willing to work long hours.
Work and life balance needs attention.

Helpful team if you face problem for example if you find yourself without a vehicle due to mechanical problems.

Also flexible with hours if you have childcare commitments.

A good team in the office at plympton
Dreadful company they promise the earth at the interview but you land up losing money with dead mileage all the time. They'll quote you one price for a job then pay you way under that. The only people who make any money are managements pets. You would make more flipping burgers at the local kebab shop. If you value your mental health DO NOT WORK FOR THESE SCUMBAGS. Be warned
My time at the Plymouth branch was excellent
Great bunch of people to work with always ready to help, and take the time to listen to any problems

Always
Pros
Management was always helpful
Cons
You will end up homeless if you work for this company they have no work and too many couriers which is fine for them but not for their workers !!!! Any other courier company is better.
Complete joke of a company, they lie about the money and the jokers in the office tell you one price for a job then pay you half of what they said , half the time your waiting around making no money the only way you get work is if you kiss the a** of the office staff , wouldn’t wish this company on my worst enemy
I've worked with City Sprint since October 2019 and so far I have no complaints. I currently run a dedicated car for my courier work and work a mix of days and evenings covering everything from pharmacy deliveries, retail and healthcare including blood samples.

Management in the depot I'm based are great and there's a great friendly atmosphere.

Work can sometimes be slow but it hasn't stopped me from earning around 750 minimum per week after expenses.

It would be great if senior management took the time to listen to ideas from the guys on the ground, especially when we are the ones that are seeing the problems first hand.

Would recommend the job to anybody that can give up the time and wants to earn the money, it's not really something for a part timer as you'll quickly get dragged in!

Eitherway, I love the job so far, even with the small number of issues.
I thoroughly enjoyed working for City Sprint and was making good money but due to a misunderstanding I lost a contract and am no longer able to work for them,
Cons
If you like driving meeting new ppl, an seeing new places. An like an adventure, and a challenge, it's ideal for you. Helpful group of ppl, an friendly faces.
I was onn my own on the road. I was in contact with controller for any problem. I learn to address issue to controller in order to advance my work. Manager had no too much contact as far as every things were delt by the controller who was monotoring me.
They pay you 45p a mile if you have a parcel on board, if you need to pick the parcel first from leeds to Bradford and deliver at huddersfield or Barnsley, but from leeds to Bradford they will not be paying you, your pay strts from Bradford to say huddersfield, on the way back if you are lucky to bring some other parcel back then you will be paid but if not again your return journey is not paid, calculate the the the journey
No direction from Management given.
Training not structured with good people coaching and development for staff.

Staff benefits mentioned but not implemented.
City Sprint's business model relies on controllers getting drivers to undertake work for the lowest price possible thus pitching employees against one another.

You can of course attempt to negotiate better rates than the 35p per mile which I've frequently been offered, but do so too often and you will start to see work offers drying up.

As others have mentioned, much of City Sprint's contract work is very poorly paid, but in order to receive the better jobs you have to accept these. But the truth of the matter is that even these good jobs fall very short of what could be deemed acceptable.

So if working for less than the national MINIMUM wage for 12hrs a day whilst paying for your own vehicle costs sounds appealing, this is definitely the job for you!
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Pay per job / hours
Agood company to work for self employed people mainly ad hoc same day service to anywhere in the u can be really busy so earnings potential can be high but also quiet periods so earning potential lowk
The original hiring manager was inspired a good manager and motivator.
He was then made redundant then my manager was let go without warning. I had several conversations about job security with management they assured me that my job was safe then continued to joke about people being fired. I then approached a department head about whether I was doing my job right she told me I was. A moth later I was let go with indication of my performance lacking
Was sold the dream job - it turned out to be all a lie
Office managers and controllers are bullies

Lie to you to get work covered. promise you certain payments and then you don't get it.

controllers are miserable and the main control girl - if she was a lad - she would have a problem walking out the office without getting beaten

Treats people so badly

they give you a phone that they send jobs to you on...that never seem to make sense. sending jobs that you are nowhere near and expect you to do it for next to no money

Then if you decline it (you have option to do this but they ignore that) they send the job to you again...and again. If you phone office to explain why you cant do it , they either don't answer phone or just give you grief for it.

JOKE!!!

management are a joke too. main manager is full of lies - the others just are stupid and childish.

there used to be experienced people in the office who had some idea of what being a courier was about. Unfortunately they all jumped ship when things started going wrong there. can't blame them

The [people that are there now are liars and 2 faced.

pay is rubbish - jobs are rubbish - get treated badly

don't work there. end of
Do not work there especially Nottingham they are all bullies and only aloof after there favourite normally after working for a time they only give you the 30 pound a day jobs
Stressful, people dont care. Staff treat people so badly.
Couriers are given such a hard time and bullying tactics to get work covered.

Run by amateurs and it shows

Stay away if you value your mental health and your bank account
Only worked there for a short period of time (couple of months) and was obvious what was wrong with the company. Very soon I didn't want to work there. the staff turnover and courier turnover was high. Couriers were treated terribly - truly awful. Some of the staff had their little "clicks" and the volume of calls for some of the staff was WAY too high. A lot of whisper mongering and back stabbing... not great place to be. The couriers would be also disrespectful to the staff, customer service team and managers but it was a 2 way thing. Hardest part of the job was having to bite your lip with some of the antics and poor management styles. Workplace culture?.... ALOT of experienced staff walked away from the company and now it is beginning to tell with inexperienced people and childish bullying tactics being employed to get work covered. NOT CORRECT WAY TO DO THINGS!!!
All in all - would not recommend anybody working there.

the only saving grace was one member of staff who worked tirelessly for the company and for others. and if not for that person, a lot of others would have suffered a great deal more.....
Pros
one member of staff who was just amazing
Cons
Long days, poorly treated, pay and couriers also mis treated
Work is on a self employed basis and did involve me buying my own van to start work but once everything is set up work starts and finishes when you choose and no to days are ever the same.