City of Wolverhampton Council Employee Reviews

transport
Passenger Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands29 April 2018
overall a very good polite and caring staff management could take more notice when carrying out their job role this job role only entails four to maybe five hours a day service users are picked up from their houses and dropped to their desired day centres.
Oh dear no, don’t work here
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands1 March 2018
Please read before you consider applying or taking any position with Wolverhampton City Council or Coppice Performing Arts School. You will be talked down to, receive no support from the Council or School. Carry some of the other staff members, and have to put up with some of the worst management around. If you want to feel valued and happy in your job, walk away from this. I have had to put up with someone first hand who works there and it is horrible. I could say more but I wouldn’t want them getting into trouble. High staff turnover in the school, hardly anyone wants to stay. Steer clear, it is truly terrible.
Challenging Roll
Casework and Service Support (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton26 January 2018
Working in a small team of an extremely busy office meant that I had to deal with all emotions from service users and colleagues! No matter how busy I was I was still expected to answer every call, up to 50 a day with each call being different. Over the years I learned to hear what the caller was saying and ask open questions to determine the nature of their concerns.

One of the hardest parts was having to sit and listen to a parent crying over their child, all I could do was listen and assure them they would get support from us, the best part was when I heard the relief in a parent's voice and them thanking me for my help.
Pros
Being able to advise and help
Cons
Hearing about bad practices taking place within schools
A great place to work
Housing officer (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands24 January 2018
I've worked with the council for 3 years and I can honestly say it's a really good team, if you work hard like everyone else, it a great job, I'm working in housing and I'm learning more everyday
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Long hours and can be stressfull at times
Horrible management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands7 November 2017
I worked for 4 months and the experience is the worst i ever had. Managers only get the titles and they do not support their staff, they also have preferences on specific people. Lack of communication, mamagement does not give opportunities of progression and learning. Except that they do not trust you and they make you feel unwelcome when they have to deal with your requests.
Pros
Cons
Management, environment
There are better jobs out there
Gym Instructor/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands5 September 2017
If your going to work here, prepare yourself for your brain turning into mush after a couple of months. No stimulation, no challenges, no team work motivation, management have no idea they would be better off working as the chip fryer at McDonalds.

If you have something about you and are full of life and want more career wise then look elsewhere for £9 an hour.
Pros
Some nice members
Cons
Boring, dead end job, non-progressive
Bullying and harassment in health and safety team
Health & Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands19 May 2017
Horrible place to work, 4 health and safety advisors have all left recently due to the management, they have not got a clue. Terrible atmosphere, no team integration, micro management, no career prospects. Ideas from the qualified advisors often dismissed, systems introduced by others with no knowledge of health and safety. Complete sham!
Pros
Salary
Cons
Bullying
Building futures for young people and making it count
Impact Key Worker (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton2 November 2016
Great work/life balance, great colleagues, every day is different and challenging. Definitely a great place to work and rewarding role.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Red tape
Great seeing the progression of the pupils you work closely with.
Support Worker (Volunteer) Coach (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton14 September 2016
Build a a friendly relationship with those pupils who suffer from ADHD and helping them academically and in life also is a great feeling
Pros
Seeing them progress behavior wise
Cons
dealing with bad behavior

Want to know more about City of Wolverhampton Council?

Ask a question