City of Glasgow College Employee Reviews

Great place to learn
Student (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow28 October 2019
I am currently a student at city of Glasgow College, it is a very good place to learn with many facilities. I would recommend the business course as it is in-depth and informative.
Productive and Fun
Student (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 July 2019
I enjoyed being a student here, everyday was different! I learned to cook and bake more dishes. I also learned how to work in a team and had the honour to be part of baking for the college canteen. I pushed myself and surprised myself with end results
Fun workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Glasgow1 July 2019
When working in the collage I had a good time working and making meals with my friends.The chefs where also very nice to talk to had we had a good laugh.
Pros
Free lunch
Educational
basketball coach (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 June 2019
When studying at City of Glasgow college, it gave me a huge in-depth of what life is a head of me. It prepared me with the most essential skills to become a sports coach with knowledge growing everyday throughout the 3 years of attending.
Pros
Variety of courses.
Cons
was quite a good place to learn
Glasgow (Former Employee) –  Glasgow City, Glasgow4 June 2019
city of glasgow college was quite a good college to go to as they gave you the classes that was required to get your qualification that you were learning against. most staff members were lovely too!
Pros
study days, good information, lovely staff
Cons
some times long days, busy college at lunch times
Excellent people
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow13 February 2019
Allows you to grow and develop your skills in diverse ways. Excellent team ethos on the ground. Priviledge to be part of others growth. No day is the same
Good workplace and nice teachers
Student (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow27 January 2019
It was a good experience I went there for a total of 5 days and got the chance to make loads of amazing food and I got lots of help and experience through the staff at the college
Pros
Student id was given to us
Cons
Strict staff
got qualifications
Contributing to Health & Safety (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow14 August 2018
was just college learnt a lot met new people. improved my basic skills in maths and English and IT. i learnt respect and to grab every opportunity i receive
good experience
College Student (Former Employee) –  Glasgow12 June 2018
My time at college was valuable for learning new skills both physically and mentally. my college lecturer was very helpful to me. the people on the course were good to be around and share the course with. hardest part of the course was cutting new shapes from tiles. most enjoyable part was the people I got to meet building confidence in myself.
Pros
meeting new friends
Cons
short course
good place to work
Student Lecturer (Current Employee) –  Glasgow21 May 2018
I enjoy working at the college. Plenty of opportunity to develop professionally. Fellow staff members are helpful. The management are not always very approachable.
not nice at all
Admin Assistant (Former Employee) –  City21 May 2018
Not a nice place to work in at all. Overloaded with tasks non-stop. When you have a problem - the managers would not even make time to see you; and they would laugh behind your back. We heard from colleagues that staff are basically a number there...
Fun and caring
Student (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow16 February 2018
very friendly tutors. always offering help. allows to be creative and free with ideas. no discrimination. open to development. clean and tidy. professional manner.
a fantastic college
City of glasgow taster course (Current Employee) –  Glasgow5 February 2018
I am currently a student studying professional cookery level 5. ive made loads of friends. learned new skills. gotten more confident. will continue my college courses here.
Pros
a good bursary payment
Cons
dont get any warning bout changes to timetables
Enjoyable time
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Glasgow24 January 2018
I spent 10 months processing bursaries. As this was cover for maternity leave they were unable to keep me on. Lovely colleagues and it was a great experience.
modern college
Student (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow15 January 2018
hours were 0900 - 1700 monday to friday while in college and while on placement the hours were 0800 -1200 and 2000 - 0000 monday to sunday with overtime.
i learned a lot while in college. not just academically but i learned a lot about proper time management and how to work effectively under pressure.
in the college there was a mix of cultures from UK to Indian, Omanis, polish etc
amazing experience
traniee chef (Former Employee) –  Glasgow8 September 2017
this was an amazing experience and an amazing opportunity that I got to be apart of for a week. I got to be a trainee chef for a full week and learn new skills. this was a brilliant work experience
Pros
learned new cooking skills
Cons
nothing
Fun
Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow9 July 2017
I Had a really good time here and it was worth my time. I enjoyed leading to new skills I thought I'd never learn. I had fun meeting new people and working part as a team.
Cons
Travel
alright people to work for
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow27 June 2017
good company to work for. typical day started slow but once it got going it was good, allowed me to meet a range of people from all parts of the college and see what each part of the college did.
Sports Therapist
Student (Former Employee) –  Glasgow1 June 2017
The day to day studying could range from performing sports massage to learning human anatomy and biology. This consisted of three full time days and would cover many different aspects regarding the biological and physiological aspects and the human body and sports, age, professional, hereditary and other physically related conditions. Within this environment, professionalism and work ethic were paramount as you were having to interact with a variety of people, for example, performing sports massage.
College Training
Traning (Former Employee) –  Glasgow Cathedral Street31 May 2017
Working in the college I had been given training in the kitchen to gain experience off what it would be like to work in a busy restaurant environment. I really enjoyed this experience and this has helped me to increase my focus and attention to detail in the kitchen.