City of Glasgow College

City of Glasgow College Employee Reviews

United Kingdom40 reviews
Beautiful building and excellent location close to town, gym, supermarket, Glasgow Central Mosque and living area.
Glasgow central station at 15 minutes walk and Glasgow green at 2 minutes.
Pros
accessibility
Cons
no swimming pool not gym at the riverside campus.
Not a happy place to work. Senior management make decisions without consulting staff, like getting rid of staff too old for their blue sky agenda. Students are the best part of the job
Working on placement was a Very exciting opportunity and they are very good and fair with their employees and staff. Enjoyed working there alot. Nice atmosphere and a fast paced environment to work in.
so obviously as a student representitive my job was to make sure the students had the best experience possible, glasgow international college were not always instantly responsive to the complaints but it was generallly alright
I am currently a student at city of Glasgow College, it is a very good place to learn with many facilities. I would recommend the business course as it is in-depth and informative.
I enjoyed being a student here, everyday was different! I learned to cook and bake more dishes. I also learned how to work in a team and had the honour to be part of baking for the college canteen. I pushed myself and surprised myself with end results
When working in the collage I had a good time working and making meals with my friends.The chefs where also very nice to talk to had we had a good laugh.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
When studying at City of Glasgow college, it gave me a huge in-depth of what life is a head of me. It prepared me with the most essential skills to become a sports coach with knowledge growing everyday throughout the 3 years of attending.
Pros
Variety of courses.
Cons
city of glasgow college was quite a good college to go to as they gave you the classes that was required to get your qualification that you were learning against. most staff members were lovely too!
Pros
study days, good information, lovely staff
Cons
some times long days, busy college at lunch times
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City of Glasgow College?
Allows you to grow and develop your skills in diverse ways. Excellent team ethos on the ground. Priviledge to be part of others growth. No day is the same
It was a good experience I went there for a total of 5 days and got the chance to make loads of amazing food and I got lots of help and experience through the staff at the college
Pros
Student id was given to us
Cons
Strict staff
was just college learnt a lot met new people. improved my basic skills in maths and English and IT. i learnt respect and to grab every opportunity i receive
My time at college was valuable for learning new skills both physically and mentally. my college lecturer was very helpful to me. the people on the course were good to be around and share the course with. hardest part of the course was cutting new shapes from tiles. most enjoyable part was the people I got to meet building confidence in myself.
Pros
meeting new friends
Cons
short course
I enjoy working at the college. Plenty of opportunity to develop professionally. Fellow staff members are helpful. The management are not always very approachable.
Not a nice place to work in at all. Overloaded with tasks non-stop. When you have a problem - the managers would not even make time to see you; and they would laugh behind your back. We heard from colleagues that staff are basically a number there...
very friendly tutors. always offering help. allows to be creative and free with ideas. no discrimination. open to development. clean and tidy. professional manner.
I am currently a student studying professional cookery level 5. ive made loads of friends. learned new skills. gotten more confident. will continue my college courses here.
Pros
a good bursary payment
Cons
dont get any warning bout changes to timetables
I spent 10 months processing bursaries. As this was cover for maternity leave they were unable to keep me on. Lovely colleagues and it was a great experience.
hours were 0900 - 1700 monday to friday while in college and while on placement the hours were 0800 -1200 and 2000 - 0000 monday to sunday with overtime.
i learned a lot while in college. not just academically but i learned a lot about proper time management and how to work effectively under pressure.

in the college there was a mix of cultures from UK to Indian, Omanis, polish etc
this was an amazing experience and an amazing opportunity that I got to be apart of for a week. I got to be a trainee chef for a full week and learn new skills. this was a brilliant work experience
Pros
learned new cooking skills
Cons
nothing
I Had a really good time here and it was worth my time. I enjoyed leading to new skills I thought I'd never learn. I had fun meeting new people and working part as a team.
Cons
Travel